• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

That just seems like bad luck of the draw. I did Praetorium with two other first timers a week ago and all 5 other people we got in Duty Finder were perfectly ok with waiting for the two new people to watch their cut scenes.

I'm finished with this community. It is by far the worst I have seen in my MMORPG experience.

I'm so glad I'm living inside the GAF bubble. For me, this has been the best community I have ever experienced in a MMO. Even the few players outside of our FC that I have interacted with on our server have been mostly pleasant.

WolvenOne

If I was Square, this is what I'd do for the next stage of Relic progression.

Give people an item that goes into the necklace slot. This item puts a Debuff on the player. While wearing the accessory the player must do Fates to fill a gauge, and once the gauge is full a high level lvl50 Endgame Fate spawns somewhere in the zone.

These Fates must be done four times, but players whom didn't do the charge can participate in them to get the Credit as well, so long as they're also wearing the Debuff accessory.

Afterward, while wearing the accessory, you must complete Garuda, Titan, Ifrit, Mog, and Leviathan Extreme, while wearing the debuff accessory.

Upon completion the accessory becomes a gem that's used to upgrade your Relic.

Or, something along those lines. Basically Atma-Lite, and Relic Train Plus.

frequency

So then you should know better from other games. This isn't really that bad and you did have the majority, there was no issue. Tell the 8th person to shut up or leave. Someone will back fill.

No, I disagree. This is the worst in my experiences.

Even if people were not polite in other games, they tend to just be quiet and leave. They don't stay and "troll" and rage at everyone over small inconsequential things.

I don't have "thick skin" to just fight with people. And fighting in the party ruins experiences for our new people.

I'm sorry but I don't find this behaviour acceptable. I envy you that you can put up with it. I can't.

That's all. Sorry. I just felt like venting mostly. I don't play with GAF on Ultros so no one here would care. I just wanted to vent my frustrations before I eventually unsubscribe to the thread. I liked reading here most of the time even if I never really interacted with most people here, being a different kind of player on a different server.

I urge all GAF members to join the GAF FC to get the best out of this game. Going off on your own is painful if you don't have "thick skin."

Aeana

No, I disagree. This is the worst in my experiences.

Even if people were not polite in other games, they tend to just be quiet and leave. They don't stay and "troll" and rage at everyone over small inconsequential things.

I don't have "thick skin" to just fight with people. And fighting in the party ruins experiences for our new people.

I'm sorry but I don't find this behaviour acceptable. I envy you that you can put up with it. I can't.

That's all. Sorry. I just felt like venting mostly. I don't play with GAF on Ultros so no one here would care. I just wanted to vent my frustrations before I eventually unsubscribe to the thread. I liked reading here most of the time even if I never really interacted with most people here, being a different kind of player on a different server.

I urge all GAF members to join the GAF FC to get the best out of this game. Going off on your own is painful if you don't have "thick skin."

Maybe you could consider transferring to Ultros instead of quitting? I know that's extra money, but it might be worth it for you to join us.

Maybe I'm a luckiest person or something but I rarely experience any unpleasant behaviors from DF or PUG. I spend some time with GAF but most of the time I'm with PUG or DF and most of them are nice. Probably it has something to do with me playing DPS or playing at late night when most trolls are sleeping.

Sophia

So we put together a group of 5 people for Main Scenario dungeons with the intention of watching cutscenes and explaining fights and taking it slow for new people.

3 DF people decided no and were being very mean throughout. We kicked one but they just queued right back into our group (why is that even allowed to happen?).

We quit and went in again with 7 people (6 FC, one PF). The ONE DF person decided to be mean that we weren't speed running.

What was that people were saying about majority? That the will of the majority in the group takes priority over the 1 or 2 people? That was nothing more than an excuse for poor behaviour. The majority here wanted to take it slow for the new people to enjoy their story.

I'm finished with this community. It is by far the worst I have seen in my MMORPG experience.

I envy you players who have "thicker skin". I'm too weak willed I guess. All my enjoyment and desire to continue playing this game is gone.

You had seven people right? The one DF person can't finish the content by himself, so let him make a fool of himself and pull. Then make it clear you're not going to tolerate such bullshit.

Maybe I'm a luckiest person or something but I rarely experience any unpleasant behaviors from DF or PUG. I spend some time with GAF but most of the time I'm with PUG or DF and most of them are nice. Probably it has something to do with me playing DPS or playing at late night when most trolls are sleeping.

I rarely experience poor behavior in the Duty Finder, outside of Crystal Tower. Even then, I can usually strong-arm a Crystal Tower group into doing what I want. If you're willing to lead, then it solves most issues.

studyguy

WELCOME TO FFXIV BITCHES, COME FOR THE GAME STAY FOR TH...
SERVER ERROR 90000, PLEASE LOOK FORWARD TO IT

Must be quite a few beta players on if they knocked the entire server base the fuck out... I'd imagine the fact that they removed auto-log off as an issue too maybe? I dunno.

WolvenOne

I hope it's fixed by the time I'm ready to log in tonight. I really want to finish up my Atma grind this weekend. :p

Any word from Square?

studyguy

I hope it's fixed by the time I'm ready to log in tonight. I really want to finish up my Atma grind this weekend. :p

Any word from Square?

Duo5jBf.jpg
Hope it's up too, I have some atma to not get and mirrors to not drop.

WELCOME TO FFXIV BITCHES, COME FOR THE GAME STAY FOR TH...
SERVER ERROR 90000, PLEASE LOOK FORWARD TO IT

Must be quite a few beta players on if they knocked the entire server base the fuck out... I'd imagine the fact that they removed auto-log off as an issue too maybe? I dunno.

Unrelated. These issues will almost always be present when you have a massive amount of people trying to log into the game at the same time.

studyguy

Unrelated. These issues will almost always be present when you have a massive amount of people trying to log into the game at the same time.

They've had the same issues during the phase 1 beta, though not nearly as bad iirc when the PS4 players logged in first didn't they? I don't really care either way. If it goes down a few times whatever so long as it sorts itself out it becomes a non-issue for me.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So long as they have a proper queue this time, that wouldn't be the end of the world.

They really need to bring back the logout timer though, at least for a few weeks.

I would prefer the broken queues from launch.
My macro was able to get me in easily after around 10-20 minutes. I would prefer that over waiting in line with everybody else for hours.

WolvenOne

I would prefer the broken queues from launch.
My macro was able to get me in easily after around 10-20 minutes. I would prefer that over waiting in line with everybody else for hours.

Good for you.

I other hand would just assume not slam the server with login requests, and be able to tab to different screens while waiting to get in. :)

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
If you're a DPS and you do your job perfectly, attack adds (in fights that you SHOULD attack adds), wait for tank to gain enmity, etc. Then you will still be lumped in with the other DPS that don't do any of that and try to mindlessly press 1-2-3 to win. (that's how you get some god awful low DPS in battles where things should be going a lot quicker - lazy dps).

So yeah, if you do your job perfectly, regardless of class, you will get shit on. It's inevitable really.
I was tank the first time I played (first MMO and I choose the most demanding job, ha) but now I'm an archer...so attacking adds means dropping your focus and just starting on enemies that appear? When should you and should you not, like you say...

Also, is the real way to dungeon with GAF joining a FC? I joined the first month but never played.

frequency

Maybe you could consider transferring to Ultros instead of quitting? I know that's extra money, but it might be worth it for you to join us.

That is an idea. I'll have to talk to the friend I've been playing with (they were the main reason for me to be on the server I'm on now).
We were just talking about going back to other games where we had more positive experiences but I'll see about transferring.

Thank you.

WolvenOne

With the servers being a bit crap, even if I can get on I'll probably stay out of instances for awhile. I don't like DCing in those, since it usually means three to seven other people wipe as a result.

That just seems like bad luck of the draw. I did Praetorium with two other first timers a week ago and all 5 other people we got in Duty Finder were perfectly ok with waiting for the two new people to watch their cut scenes.

I think I was one of those first timers! But yes, I haven't had any issues with people being rude or impatient. Just luck of the draw I guess. Really looking forward to getting on the PS4 tonight (please stay up servers!) and playing non stop all weekend! Only taking time off to go see Winter Soldier!

Can't wait to see everyone in HD, haha.

Noi

Man, I've been making some nice pocket change off lazy/unknowing people with the glamour dispellers. For some reason they go for 1.7k+ on the market board despite being bought from NPCs (from every major town) for 500, and they actually consistently sell. I keep getting undercut little by little, but its still making me a tidy profit.

Shame that I can only really sell them one by one. No one buys them in bunches. I imagine some people still think you need to dispell a glamour before you can cast a new one on it.

I envy you players who have "thicker skin". I'm too weak willed I guess. All my enjoyment and desire to continue playing this game is gone.

Unfortunately, outside of my FC...this has been my experience as well. DF has been okay as of late but PF can be okay to just plain bad. Ultrosgaf is fine at least

tenchir

Are you talking about Twintania? You don't think 30% HP/Dmg/healing won't help..

1) make conflags easier since they will die faster

2) make conflags easier since they will last longer as you'll be able to fireball split between fewer people

3) help keep tanks alive through death sentence and plummet

4) make dreadnoughts easier since they'll die faster

5) make orbs easier since they may no longer one shot so many jobs?

There are also other mechanics.

1) Dive bombs and snake phase.

2) In addition of Dreadknight, everyone have to watch for twister that OHKO you and anyone near you.

3) 5x Liquid hell.

Basically the group will have to deal with all of these mechanics one after another. The echo buff can only help so much.

WolvenOne

2) In addition of Dreadknight, everyone have to watch for twister that OHKO you and anyone near you.

3) 5x Liquid hell.

Basically the group will have to deal with all of these mechanics one after another. The echo buff can only help so much.

Echo won't help with Divebombs one bit, true. However so long as the servers aren't lagging that isn't that big a hurdle. Every other phase however will at the very least go by faster, and with more HP and more potent heals it'll be far easier to groups to recover from small mistakes.

Basically, if the groups close, it'll put them over the top.

studyguy

Echo won't help with Divebombs one bit, true. However so long as the servers aren't lagging that isn't that big a hurdle. Every other phase however will at the very least go by faster, and with more HP and more potent heals it'll be far easier to groups to recover from small mistakes.

Basically, if the groups close, it'll put them over the top.

People also forget this all comes in phases.
Conflags assuming you're wearing soldiery gear with a full echo buff are going to be done in shorter and shorter frames of time.

Twisters might only last a single dreadknight.

What good is 5x liquid when twin goes down in a minute.

The fight is only 12 minutes at best, but we a pug group decked out in soldiery gear, even the worst are eventually going to wreck its shit.

Zomba13

GAF crafters, is there anything wrong with this macro?

/ac "Inner Quiet" <me> <wait.4>
/ac "Great Strides" <me> <wait.3>
/ac "Steady Hand" <me> <wait.3>
/ac "Basic Touch" <me> <wait.4>
/ac "Basic Touch" <me> <wait.3>
/ac "Manipulation" <me> <wait.4>
/ac "Careful Synthesis" <me> <wait.3>
/ac "Careful Synthesis" <me> <wait.3>

One time it works, the other it shits out half way, sometimes it breaks at the start. No idea if it's the macro or the lag. I used the FFXIV crafting Macro site thing to make the macro and replaced the old /wait x lines with the new <wait.x> at the end of line to get it in one button press.

Other macros I've made with that site work fine.

WolvenOne

People also forget this all comes in phases.
Conflags assuming you're wearing soldiery gear with a full echo buff are going to be done in shorter and shorter frames of time.

Twisters might only last a single dreadknight.

What good is 5x liquid when twin goes down in a minute.

The fight is only 12 minutes at best, but we a pug group decked out in soldiery gear, even the worst are eventually going to wreck its shit.

Ayep. I'm only talking about that first phase, a 10% buff. I mean, yeah players having some Soldiery gear will help too of course, but during that phase Twin probably probably isn't going down in a minute.

Now, once players have the full buff on the other hand, yeah, Twin'll melt.

Edit: For your consideration, imagine a full ilvl110 party, intentionally activating the full Echo Buff on Twin for kicks and giggles.

Torquill

3) 5x Liquid hell.

The presence of additional mechanics does not undercut the value of the echo. If I have 12 things to worry about, and I can now only worry about 3, that's a huge help.

Above that, everything you listed is still helped by the echo.

1) For dive bomb hits that don't knock you into a wall, more hp and cures mean it's less wipey if people get hit. I wouldn't be surprised if people figure out how to just let themselves get hit as a group and just heal through it.

2) Snake phase? DPS is not going to help here? 30% HP also means people getting hit with the debuff is less of an issue.

3) Yes. Auto death twisters will still kill you. However, not all twisters are auto death. The extra hp and cute power makes it easier to raise people and the extra DPS means less twisters to dodge over all.

4) HP!!!!! Cure power! This is slef evident.

GAF crafters, is there anything wrong with this macro?

One time it works, the other it shits out half way, sometimes it breaks at the start. No idea if it's the macro or the lag. I used the FFXIV crafting Macro site thing to make the macro and replaced the old /wait x lines with the new <wait.x> at the end of line to get it in one button press.

Other macros I've made with that site work fine.

Sounds like lag. Try increasing the wait values to a bit larger number and then work your way down to isolate the issue.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
The presence of additional mechanics does not undercut the value of the echo. If I have 12 things to worry about, and I can now only worry about 3, that's a huge help.

Above that, everything you listed is still helped by the echo.

1) For dive bomb hits that don't knock you into a wall, more hp and cured mean it's less wipey if people get hit.

2) Snake phase? Really? 30% DPS Is not going to help here? 30% HP also means people getting hit with the debuff is less of an issue.

3) Yes. Auto death twisters will still kill you. However, not all twisters are auto death. The extra hp and cute power makes it easier to raise people and the extra DPS means less twisters to dodge over all.

4) HP!!!!! Cure power! This is slef evident.

Yeah, the echo is a mojor nerf through and through. Many more people will clear the content because of it.

Those people will shit themselves when they get into the second coil.

Taruranto

Echo-Buffed Twintania will summon Titan and he will landslide her out of the arena. Parties will only have to face the scourges.

They still wipe.

Torquill

Yeah, the echo is a mojor nerf through and through. Many more people will clear the content because of it.

Will they? Is T6 as hard as Twintania? (Don't forget to account for T6 difficulty drop that will accompany familiarity and posted strats)I would expect natural dips in difficulty, a series of progressively larger hills, not a single upward slope. But that's up to Square I guess.

T5 is as big a jump from T4 as T1-T4 was from Titan. There is a strata of player that is capable of clearing T4 level content and not T5. Often this isn't even a matter of skill but available time. Twin takes way more regular time investment than previous turns. With the echo, they get past 5 and then get blocked on 8 or 9.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Will they? Is T6 as hard as Twintania? (Don't forget to account for T6 difficulty drop that will accompany familiarity and posted strats)I would expect natural dips in difficulty, a series of progressively larger hills, not a single upward slope. But that's up to Square I guess.

T5 is as big a jump from T4 as T1-T4 was from Titan. There is a strata of player that is capable of clearing T4 level content and not T5. With the echo, they get past 5 and then get blocked on 8 or 9.

T6 is pretty rough and has a more strict DPS requirement and requires more player coordination than T5. If they couldn't do T5 without the echo, I don't think they stand a chance on T6.

WolvenOne

Oh definitely.

But if it makes farming for high value equipment easier, I'm going to take advantage. I'll need a few specific pieces to stay at the accuracy cap for Turn 7, until I start getting access to yet better gear.

Unfortunately only a few pieces of Noct armor are really going to be useful to me, as far as I can tell. This is probably a whole other story for PLD's, since they don't have to worry as much about Accuracy so long as they have their Cortana equipped.

Flipping Skill speed on the Bravura! D:

Number45

Does anyone know what options stops L3 from being some kind of lock-on toggle? I use sheathed/unsheathed to determine my bars and when I have a target highlighted and press L3 it locks on to that target with a kind of diamond shaped reticule. I'd like to switch it off, I have no idea what it even means.

In your stream, it seems the graphic effects on attacks are turned off. Is that a feature you can turn on/off?
Apparently so. Don't have the game open at the moment so I'm not sure where.

Cmagus

So we put together a group of 5 people for Main Scenario dungeons with the intention of watching cutscenes and explaining fights and taking it slow for new people.

3 DF people decided no and were being very mean throughout. We kicked one but they just queued right back into our group (why is that even allowed to happen?).

We quit and went in again with 7 people (6 FC, one PF). The ONE DF person decided to be mean that we weren't speed running.

What was that people were saying about majority? That the will of the majority in the group takes priority over the 1 or 2 people? That was nothing more than an excuse for poor behaviour. The majority here wanted to take it slow for the new people to enjoy their story.

While I can agree this game had a terrible community in general consider doing a transfer over to Ultros. Friendly group who can help you out and most likely takes up half the server lol. I've been in your boots with this game a few times it's frustrating I've even stopped playing from time to time. Anyways if you decide to transfer I'm always down for runs.

Noi

Does anyone know what options stops L3 from being some kind of lock-on toggle? I use sheathed/unsheathed to determine my bars and when I have a target highlighted and press L3 it locks on to that target with a kind of diamond shaped reticule. I'd like to switch it off, I have no idea what it even means.

System Configuration > Controller Settings > Button Configuration. You can set it so L3 does /only/ the sheathe/unsheath and no lock on, its set to do both by default.

Number45

System Configuration > Controller Settings > Button Configuration. You can set it so L3 does /only/ the sheathe/unsheath and no lock on, its set to do both by default.
Thanks, will sort it out later. It's been annoying the shit out of me on the PS3 for weeks now, no idea why I waited until now to sort it out.

dramatis

If you want to unsheathe, you don't have to use L3, you can tap L1 + R1.

When was cute power helpful in Twintania...

Dunan

Remember that FFXIV-themed PS4 that Sony was making and was supposedly releasing "sometime in April"?

I just Googled for it, wondering when you could reserve it, and it turns out that on April 1 they announced that you could try to reserve it the next morning at 11 AM. Needless to say, all 1400 PS4s are already sold.

Thanks a lot, Sony. You would have had a PS4 purchaser had you not made things so inaccessible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom