• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

Are the servers acting any better? Square sent out a Data Center recovery announcement on Twitter a little under an hour ago, and I'm just wondering if it actually took.

Teknoman

So we put together a group of 5 people for Main Scenario dungeons with the intention of watching cutscenes and explaining fights and taking it slow for new people.

3 DF people decided no and were being very mean throughout. We kicked one but they just queued right back into our group (why is that even allowed to happen?).

We quit and went in again with 7 people (6 FC, one PF). The ONE DF person decided to be mean that we weren't speed running.

What was that people were saying about majority? That the will of the majority in the group takes priority over the 1 or 2 people? That was nothing more than an excuse for poor behaviour. The majority here wanted to take it slow for the new people to enjoy their story.

I'm finished with this community. It is by far the worst I have seen in my MMORPG experience.

I envy you players who have "thicker skin". I'm too weak willed I guess. All my enjoyment and desire to continue playing this game is gone.

Seconding the Ultros move. I havent played on other servers, so maybe I sound biased, but the asshat ratio doesnt seem that high. Every DF i've done thus far are pretty cool. New people speak up about being new, and more often than not they are helped. Any mishaps, and we usually recover.

Tempers can flair in Labyrinth of Ancients, but thats usually because of trolls. Also you cant help if you get an idiot via DF, that doesnt speak for the entire community.

Teknoman

I'm so glad I'm living inside the GAF bubble. For me, this has been the best community I have ever experienced in a MMO. Even the few players outside of our FC that I have interacted with on our server have been mostly pleasant.

Maybe thats hindering my point of view, but then again i've started to have to branch out because of leveling lower jobs, and havent run into too many idiots. Even if I end up watching a boss appearance cutscene.

Ken

iHfahZZ4tvlMT.png

so close to timer and enrage @_@

chrono01

I really need to get around to trying Leviathan EX. I really loved the HM fight, and from what I've read, EX isn't terribly difficult.

It would be nice to get the staff, if just for vanity-sake.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So what is enrage anyway? I'm guessing its not the name of a move, so its pretty much just boss desperation mode?

Enrage is basically, you took too much time and now you are either going to die instantly from a hard enrage or take a ton of damage over time from a soft enrage.

chrono01

So what is enrage anyway? I'm guessing its not the name of a move, so its pretty much just boss desperation mode?
It's when the boss uses a move that [usually] one-shots the entire raid after a specific amount of time, or uses attack-after-attack that makes it impossible to heal/live through.

Damn, Moggle King Ex shows how much better is the SCH + WHM combination. Meteor with 2 WHM is very hard to pull off.

Almost did it with a pug, but couldn't pull enough DPS in the last strecth.

Xux

I don't even know how/when I can use a mount >_<
As you progress through the main story, you'll get asked to join a Grand Company. A quest in the headquarters after joining one will let you use a chocobo and any other mount you have.

WolvenOne

As you progress through the main story, you'll get asked to join a Grand Company. A quest in the headquarters after joining one will let you use a chocobo and any other mount you have.

After paying a few hundred GC seals for a Chocobo license. Which doesn't take much time, but you'll need to run some FATE's.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Stuart444 said:
If you're a DPS and you do your job perfectly, attack adds (in fights that you SHOULD attack adds), wait for tank to gain enmity, etc. Then you will still be lumped in with the other DPS that don't do any of that and try to mindlessly press 1-2-3 to win. (that's how you get some god awful low DPS in battles where things should be going a lot quicker - lazy dps).

So yeah, if you do your job perfectly, regardless of class, you will get shit on. It's inevitable really.

mattiewheels said:
I was tank the first time I played (first MMO and I choose the most demanding job, ha) but now I'm an archer...so attacking adds means dropping your focus and just starting on enemies that appear? When should you and should you not, like you say...

Also, is the real way to dungeon with GAF joining a FC? I joined the first month but never played.

Sorry, I have to bump this again to see if anyone has advice.

I'm not sure I understand your questions. So you asked

1) When should I/should I not attack adds?

2) How to group with GAF to do dungeons?

Answer for question 1.
- For 4-player party, most of the time you kill every adds that pop up. Keep your eyes on the left side of the screen. If you see additional health bars show up, quite focusing on the boss and look for those adds immediately. For 8-player party though, many time you have to wait for an 0ff-tank to pick up emity of the adds before you start attacking them. Also keep your eyes on emity bar below your job icon on the top left corner.

Answer for question 2.
- If you're already in GAF free-company, just ask around in the chat and somebody might respond. It might take a while if you normally don't talk or socialize with the guild (like me) because people don't know you. To help you get your name out there, help others when someone asking for help in the chat and leave good impression and eventually someone will be willing to help you back.

Speak up in the FC chat, people will be willing to help you out. Shoot, I have to level up my LNC so I can be a better endgame BRD so I won't mind doing some low level stuff.

And I for one am happy to see a bunch of newcomers to the guild, new blood is always welcome!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I'm not sure I understand your questions. So you asked

1) When should I/should I not attack adds?

2) How to group with GAF to do dungeons?

Answer for question 1.
- For 4-player party, most of the time you kill every adds that pop up. Keep your eyes on the left side of the screen. If you see additional health bars show up, quite focusing on the boss and look for those adds immediately. For 8-player party though, many time you have to wait for an 0ff-tank to pick up emity of the adds before you start attacking them. Also keep your eyes on emity bar below your job icon on the top left corner.

Answer for question 2.
- If you're already in GAF free-company, just ask around in the chat and somebody might respond. It might take a while if you normally don't talk or socialize with the guild (like me) because people don't know you. To help you get your name out there, help others when someone asking for help in the chat and leave good impression and eventually someone will be willing to help you back.
Yep, that's it. Thanks for the help.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It's crazy how much better looking the game became, even though those might just be bad locations to photo.

Sorian

Banned
Nah, game used to look horrible.

In other news, fuck this waiting for FATE thing. Waiting for one in southern than called Heroes of the 2nd and its been ages of just sitting here. I want to eat but I know if I walk away this dumb thing is going to pop.

Marceles

Turn 6 down! I was so excited I forgot to take a picture so here's a picture of us in Turn 7 instead.

Congrats, I think I should start coil now that I'm finally off of PS3.

In other news I just need 3 more Atmas, capped soldiery, and decided to spend it on the DRG feet. It's kinda crazy how hard I used to try to grind out capping myth, but this week I had fun in all of the new dungeons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom