• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The RNG gods have blessed me with this mirror:

mirror.png

WolvenOne

So, blasted, beat.

Hour after hour after hour of Leviathan farming. I don't even know why I kept doing it after I got my axe. Can't even use it in Turn 6, at least until I buff my accuracy a bit.

Eh, Dual Haken's 37 Accuracy has me spoiled.

IMBored

Just registered my security token for the free teleport. What do I do if it breaks? I read about a emergency security password but that doesn't appear on y account page.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Just registered my security token for the free teleport. What do I do if it breaks? I read about a emergency security password but that doesn't appear on y account page.

That emergency removal password was also emailed to you. Its in the square enix account page. You get there from mog station.

Astra

Did the CT for the first time last night. It was easy, and I got some breeches for my trouble. Died at the final boss, though. Got caught in his ultimate attack.

Isn't there supposed to be a short invulnerability after raise? I kept dying almost immediately upon being raised.

Did the CT for the first time last night. It was easy, and I got some breeches for my trouble. Died at the final boss, though. Got caught in his ultimate attack.

Isn't there supposed to be a short invulnerability after raise? I kept dying almost immediately upon being raised.

As long as you don't perform any actions, I believe.

Sorian

Banned

Extremely short, like once you are able to move, the invulnerability is about a second.

Did you look back a page or two? Our exploits on the table were noticed by others!

WolvenOne

How did that fuck up king moogle exactly?

The fight is difficult enough that few people think the accessories are worth it.

That, might actually be a valid point, to be honest. It's a shame they didn't add status effect resistance, like with ribbons from most Final Fantasy games. Even if it was only effective against mobs, resistance to poison paralysis and heavy would make those accessories extremely valuable.

I mean, just imagine how much easier dailies would be. XD

Sorian

Banned
The fight is difficult enough that few people think the accessories are worth it.

That, might actually be a valid point, to be honest. It's a shame they didn't add status effect resistance, like with ribbons from most Final Fantasy games. Even if it was only effective against mobs, resistance to poison paralysis and heavy would make those accessories extremely valuable.

I mean, just imagine how much easier dailies would be. XD

I doubt the fight is actually difficult though. Most people are just concentrating on levi more which means there are less people out there learning and doing mog. Once more people have the weapons and mirrors then you will start seeing the mass moogle mog exodus and it'll start having "one strike=kick" groups just like levi does lol. Of course people were going to gravitate to the weapon first but don't discount an ilvl100 accessory when the other easy option involves eating into your weekly cap of tomes.

WolvenOne

Well, unfortunately, while the Fending Ribbon has amazing Vitality and Perry stats, it's complete lack of accuracy make it less attractive for us Tanks, then the Allagan Fending Choker, from Turn 1.

So, at least from a Warrior perspective, there isn't much incentive to farm it.

Ken

Step it up.

PUGs are brutal when your FC is too busy atma farming.

Need a competition for prettiest Dreadstorm formation.

The ironic thing about that PF pug was that it was one of those "screw ups get you kicked" and the party leader never kicked himself.

MechaX

Bunch of GAF groups are doing it now.

I was drowning in Atma Grinding shenanigans, shame that I missed it.

5 atma shards in say... 5-6 hours of grinding. I definitely felt my sanity starting to slip for a second there. But now that I'm halfway done, I have to get this finished (at least before fate zones start dying off again).

Sorian

Banned
Well, unfortunately, while the Fending Ribbon has amazing Vitality and Perry stats, it's complete lack of accuracy make it less attractive for us Tanks, then the Allagan Fending Choker, from Turn 1.

So, at least from a Warrior perspective, there isn't much incentive to farm it.

Are you taking into account stats from all of the other ilvl 100 gear? Accuracy probably drifted somewhere else in the shuffle.

Edit: New gear sets means you need to let old things go, your stats aren't going to be optimal for awhile again and if you don't realize that, you're going to be left behind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom