• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Which one is the gaf server? And if I already made a character in the ps4 beta can I transfer it to another server?

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Awesome. I'll upgrade and then resubscribe when it comes out...next week, right?

Actually, I think if you reinstall and resubscribe to your PS3 today, then you are eligible for early access which begins tomorrow.

I think that's how it works.

Sophia

If you upgrade, you get early access. Both early access and the upgrade start tomorrow. You'll still need a subscription to play, however.

ShinMaruku

So summoner vs Blackmage? My catgirl must be positively devilish.
noah.png

Isaccard

why would anyone want to increase their electricity bill just so they can manderville 24/7

you're paying enough for the game as it is

that's it? other than that, its the same as hard mode?

I'm no Tank, but when we were getting groups together, it was difficult finding a Tank who was capable/comfortable with picking up the adds. You'll also need to swap with another Tank because of the stacking debuff, but other than that, not too bad for Tanks.

Vashetti

Banned
That makes no sense as 360 had FFXI which had you playing with PS2/PC users.

SE didn't want it under XB Live paywall, and MS wouldn't move on that.

Well YoshiP alluded to the reason being the one that I provided.

--

Got a question: if I pre-order a copy of the PS4 version from Game.co.uk right now, will I get an Early Access Code and then be able to cancel my order?

Abdiel

Any word on new class announcements? I'd really like to give this a go, but I need a Thief/Ninja style class. Fast melee dps, preferably dual wielding, with swords/daggers. I tried out the pugilist, and the martial artist vibe just doesn't do it for me.

I play Rogue variants in any MMO/RPG where I have the option to, so XIV is feeling a bit sparse on that vein.

plake

--

Got a question: if I pre-order a copy of the PS4 version from Game.co.uk right now, will I get an Early Access Code and then be able to cancel my order?

Are you going to commit fraud for a 30 € game....?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

--

Some people are just terrible people.

Fehyd

Banned
Any word on new class announcements? I'd really like to give this a go, but I need a Thief/Ninja style class. Fast melee dps, preferably dual wielding, with swords/daggers. I tried out the pugilist, and the martial artist vibe just doesn't do it for me.

I play Rogue variants in any MMO/RPG where I have the option to, so XIV is feeling a bit sparse on that vein.

probably in expansion. A new race is being introduced and the character intro during the new race has some very very ninja like moves. Things point towards a Thief star ting class based from a thieves guild in limsa and a ninja job

So summoner vs Blackmage? My catgirl must be positively devilish.
noah.png
They're different types of DPS. Summoner has a ramp up time while Black Mage has small downtimes between damage bursts.

SMN is better in more drawn out fights like single phase bosses while BLM is better when it comes to fights you need more damage in smaller periods of time - when bosses summon extra monsters, DPS check phases, etc.

Personally I find SMN to be simply boring to play and I like BLM way more.

Sophia

I just want the Early Access. The last beta phase was simply too short.

I'll buy game-time when I can afford to.

I don't think committing a crime is a good idea to get Early Access. Also they'd probably just revoke the code the moment you cancel anyhow.

No such class yet, however Thief/Ninja was heavily alluded to in the latest story content.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I just want the Early Access. The last beta phase was simply too short.

I'll buy game-time when I can afford to.

If you can't afford the $30 game then you definitely can't afford a $15 monthly subscription. I don't think this is the game for you.

dcye

Amid all the newbness, has anyone here had an ADS illuminant drop before? If so, what did it sell for and what should we try to get for it? Had it drop on a Twintania run today and have no idea of its value because there's never been one sold on Phoenix.

Looking forward to playing with all you new PS4 players tommorow!

I'm almost tempted to get it myself, as it'll probably run it a bit better than my PC at this point.

BLCKATK

Amid all the newbness, has anyone here had an ADS illuminant drop before? If so, what did it sell for and what should we try to get for it? Had it drop on a Twintania run today and have no idea of its value because there's never been one sold on Phoenix.

Really depends on the server. The item can be used to create a Illumination Module, which is a furnishing for housing. It's a pretty cool piece of furniture. Selling wise, if nobody has tried to sell it before, you can set the price. But, since T5 is farmable now, it is unlikely that someone will buy it for a high price because they can just grind with their static themselves.

Tabris

Should I sign up for this server regardless of the region I am in? I am in EU region...

Depends. EU doesn't have it's own actual servers in terms of location. Everyone connects to Montreal. The thing you will find though is this server is pretty quiet during EU times.

ShinMaruku

They're different types of DPS. Summoner has a ramp up time while Black Mage has small downtimes between damage bursts.

SMN is better in more drawn out fights like single phase bosses while BLM is better when it comes to fights you need more damage in smaller periods of time - when bosses summon extra monsters, DPS check phases, etc.

Personally I find SMN to be simply boring to play and I like BLM way more.

I guess I will have both then, but I agree that I like the concept of black mage more.

I just started the hildibrad quest line because I was purposely avoiding it. I was making a mistake, I have been enjoying it a whole lot more than I expected.

Don't skip it when you reach 50 :D

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
i've heard a few people say the ps4 version was better than pc, I havent played either so cant comment.
The PS4 version definitely runs and looks better than the PC version on my notebook.
But yeah, what Aeana said - it will look better on a PC which can handle max details + 1080p, at least in crowded places.

Syn1102

Neo Member
Im going to buy the PS4 Version on monday, now i just wanted to ask what would you recommend, Monk or Dragoon? And how hard is tanking in FF XIV? :)

Rixa

Is it bye bye to my PS4 beta phase 2 character, when I upgrade PS3 version to PS4?
According to PlayStation®4 Version Official Launch Reminder (04/10/2014)

EU FFXIV said:
From Friday, April 11, 2014 at 8:00 until Wednesday, December 31 2014, users will have the option to upgrade from the PlayStation®3 version to the PlayStation®4 version free of charge.
All FINAL FANTASY XIV service account data including characters and in-game items will be carried over upon upgrading to the PlayStation®4 version.
^^ Reading this makes me think that it really is byebye. Luckily my char is only at level 2. But starting the game is so annoying. First time its ok, but when you do it like 5th time and cant skip.

I haven't played PS3 version, only using it cheap way to get PS4 version & 30 days game time.

Eusis

That makes no sense as 360 had FFXI which had you playing with PS2/PC users.

SE didn't want it under XB Live paywall, and MS wouldn't move on that.
XBL Silver was also made partially to address this point as at least one person back around 2005 realized how dumb the requirement was for subscription based games. People get replaced and policies change, it seems to me the policies that enabled both got wrecked in the meantime and that wasn't how SE wanted to roll.
Is it bye bye to my PS4 beta phase 2 character, when I upgrade PS3 version to PS4?
According to PlayStation®4 Version Official Launch Reminder (04/10/2014)

^^ Reading this makes me think that it really is byebye. Luckily my char is only at level 2. But starting the game is so annoying. First time its ok, but when you do it like 5th time and cant skip.

I haven't played PS3 version, only using it cheap way to get PS4 version & 30 days game time.
You should still have your character. Well, maybe some settings get messed up, but that's a pittance to pay and that's probably only if you actually select the transfer character data option. It's really misleading, but this is a proper MMO where characters are stored on the server, not locally, unless you count appearance data that's saved separately anyway.

Im going to buy the PS4 Version on monday, now i just wanted to ask what would you recommend, Monk or Dragoon? And how hard is tanking in FF XIV? :)

I think Monk is funner to play, but also more difficult. From what I've seen of monk so far it seems a lot more movement based than Dragoon at early levels, although at 50 Dragoons will have to do a fair bit of moving as well.

Rixa

You should still have your character. Well, maybe some settings get messed up, but that's a pittance to pay and that's probably only if you actually select the transfer character data option. It's really misleading, but this is a proper MMO where characters are stored on the server, not locally, unless you count appearance data that's saved separately anyway.

Good, settings are easy to fix. Vita Remote playing was fun in beta 1 and I tested it in phase 2 too it was even better with bigger texts (npc texts).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom