• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Early Access is for both pre-orders and those performing the PS3 to PS4 upgrade.

To upgrade, regardless if you got it physically or digitally, you must first download the PS3 client and activate the game through it. The process links your PSN account with your Square-Enix account, and adds the FFXIV PS3 service to the aforementioned Square-Enix account.
Thanks for the detailed response :)

I understand that we have to download the client on PS3 to upgrade to the PS4 version, but..... what if my account is already linked to an SE account? Since i played the Phase 2 Beta, i had to create a brand new SE account, which is linked to the same PSN account with a digital copy of FF XIV on PS3.

I just want to avoid downloading the client again on PS3

zewone

If you upgrade, you get early access. Both early access and the upgrade start tomorrow. You'll still need a subscription to play, however.

I bought a PS3 copy I haven't opened in anticipation of the PS4 version.

Should I load it up today, or just wait until tomorrow?

EDIT: Just saw answer above. Thank you.

Sophia

Thanks for the detailed response :)

I understand that we have to download the client on PS3 to upgrade to the PS4 version, but..... what if my account is already linked to an SE account? Since i played the Phase 2 Beta, i had to create a brand new SE account, which is linked to the same PSN account with a digital copy of FF XIV on PS3.

I just want to avoid downloading the client again on PS3

The FFXIV PS3 service must be on your Square-Enix account, and that account must be linked to a PSN Account. If both of these conditions are met, you don't have to download the client.

Basically, if you go to the MogStation, it should look something like this, with the PS3 icon there:

mogstationztsh7.jpg

CAVE343

Ok, so I currently have the PS3 version that is still on the initial 30 day trial. I'm buying the PS4 CE (disc) next week. What will happen to the PS4 CE stuff, if I upgrade my existing PS3 version to PS4 and get early access?

- Will the 30 day trial that comes with the PS4 CE, stack with my existing game time (also 30 day trial) that I got from the PS3 version?

- Will the PS4 CE content be added to my account?

So confused :)

The FFXIV PS3 service must be on your Square-Enix account, and that account must be linked to a PSN Account. If both of these conditions are met, you don't have to download the client.

Basically, if you go to the MogStation, it should look something like this, with the PS3 icon there:
Thanks. This really help a lot.

I will check out my SE account to make sure that i met the requirement, otherwise, i will download the client again on PS3.

Sophia

Ok, so I currently have the PS3 version that is still on the initial 30 day trial. I'm buying the PS4 CE (disc) next week. What will happen to the PS4 CE stuff, if I upgrade my existing PS3 version to PS4 and get early access?

- Will the 30 day trial that comes with the PS4 CE, stack with my existing game time, that I got from the PS3 version?

- Will the PS4 CE content be added to my account?

So confused :)

If you are picking up the PS4 CE, then do not perform the PS3 to PS4 upgrade. Only one version of a game can exist on an account at a time. It will not let you add the collector's edition to the account if you already have an existing PS4 service.

If you add the PS4 CE to a PS3 account, you will get an additional 30 free days on top of your existing game time. You will also receive all the CE items.

An alternative to picking up the PS4 CE is to do the Digital Collector's Edition upgrade from the MogStation. You won't get the additional 30 free days or the physical items this way, but you will get all of the in game items.

IvorB

You need only go through the activation step that adds the license to your account, which does not involve entering the game world.

Yeah it's all set up now. Think I will give it a spin just out of curiosity.

So with this arrangement (PS3 upgrade to PS4) can I get in on this early access tomorrow?

smoothj

Ugghh I don't have a PS3. Do I have to pony up the full retail cost to play it on PS4 or is there a more fancy(cheap) way of getting this for PS4?

in that case, you should download the client

Upgrade Campaign Details
From Friday, April 11, 2014 at 1:00 a.m. until Wednesday, December 31 2014, users will have the option to upgrade from the PlayStation®3 version to the PlayStation®4 version free of charge.

Please be reminded of the following before upgrading to the PlayStation®4 version:

Upgrading should not be confused with registering a PlayStation®4 license in addition to the PlayStation®3 version. After upgrading, you will no longer be able to access FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn using your PlayStation®3.
Upon completing the upgrade process, a PlayStation®4 system will be required to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.
Please note that after completion, the upgrade process cannot be undone.
Users must first register the PlayStation®3 version to their FINAL FANTASY XIV service account before upgrading.
All FINAL FANTASY XIV service account data including characters and in-game items will be carried over upon upgrading to the PlayStation®4 version.
* Users will also have the option to transfer macro and hotbar settings from the PlayStation®3 version.
(http://sqex.to/Yee)
Users who wish to play using both the PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 are required to purchase the PlayStation®4 version separately.

Please proceed to the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station to begin the upgrade process.
(http://sqex.to/Msp)

Hey guys.

I have the PS3 version linked to my old PSN account, which I no longer use. I bought my own PS4 etc and needed a master account to buy/redeem stuff so made a new PSN.

Question is - do I need to move the old PSN account to my new PS4 to continue playing XIV or can I move my PS3 data to my new PSN?

Sophia

You need the old account. It's suppose to be irreversible, but supposedly Square Enix's support is unlinking them too. So if you don't want to use the old account, give their tech support a call and hope for the best.

WolvenOne

Okay, I think I'm going to get ahead of what WILL be the most frequently asked question for new players, after stuff like, "how do I migrate from PS3 to PS4."

Okay here goes.

Q: WHERE DO I GET ORRRAAANGE JUICE!?

A: Vender in Uldah.

Q: I have no idea where I'm going, I need a map!

A: Push the Square button.

Jomjom

Banned

Noticed that you have that "2" tab on your Mogstation. Did that get created cause of the first PS4 beta by any chance? I have that too, and that's what happened to me. It's annoying because I can't find any way to permanently remove it - the best I can do is deactivate it.

Okay, I think I'm going to get ahead of what WILL be the most frequently asked question for new players, after stuff like, "how do I migrate from PS3 to PS4."

Okay here goes.

Adding to this a bit:

Q: I have no idea where I'm supposed to go for so and so quest!

A: Go to your quest log or "Journal" as it's called, highlight the particular quest and you'll see two gray buttons marked "Map" and "Abandon". Click Map and it'll show you exactly where you are supposed to go with a symbol on the map.

Sandfox

I finally got a new copy of the game after the whole Amazon preorder fiasco so I'll be putting some serious time in later today and finally experience the game without the launch issues.

Teknoman

Okay here goes.

Someone will ask "Where are the spriggans?" Bet on it.

jiggle

Okay here goes.

Q: Where do I get a lv5 pants?

A: From a vender at the same camp.

SOLDIER

Titan EX has been a neverending source of misery for me, especially as every single PF group has ended the exact same way.

1. A healer dies early (and always blames it on lag).

2. A DPS stacks plumes incorrectly.

3. Always wipe before we can destroy heart.

4. "Wait for Echo buff lol"

Has anyone in Sargantanas managed to pull this off? I'm desperate to find a group who can at least survive up to adds.

WolvenOne

Titan EX has been a neverending source of misery for me, especially as every single PF group has ended the exact same way.

Has anyone in Sargantanas managed to pull this off? I'm desperate to find a group who can at least survive up to adds.

Edit: I think it's a combination of complacency, and, that many people whom still need these fights are slow learners. To be fair, many started later, or just had really cruddy luck.

Don't know about Sargantanas, but, on Ultros, I've noticed that a lot of EX primal groups have grown a little, uh, stale, since adding the Echo buff.

Teknoman

Care to elaborate? Serious question since im still stuck at Garuda EX. Or is that now just a catch all phrase for whatever bomb type objects primals throw?

Gaz_RB

In case you guys need SE's support line in the next few days: 858-790-7529

I couldn't find it anywhere on the site. I think they hide it for some reason.

Sophia

Noticed that you have that "2" tab on your Mogstation. Did that get created cause of the first PS4 beta by any chance? I have that too, and that's what happened to me. It's annoying because I can't find any way to permanently remove it - the best I can do is deactivate it.

Yeah it was added during the first beta test. It's a non-issue, as the account select only comes up once (or when you switch datacenters...)

Care to elaborate? Serious question since im still stuck at Garuda EX. Or is that now just a catch all phrase for whatever bomb type objects primals throw?

On Titan EX you're suppose to stack on his ass and move as a group to avoid having plumes everywhere. People not doing that will cause hilarity. :D

kiryogi

Banned

Who are you on Sargatanas? I've had a Titan EX clear since mid 2.1 personally, we have a handful in the FC too.

You need the old account. It's suppose to be irreversible, but supposedly Square Enix's support is unlinking them too. So if you don't want to use the old account, give their tech support a call and hope for the best.

Thanks - bit of a pain in the ass but I'll just roll with it.

I got the trophy by doing a 2.1 fetch quest.
Worst case is, if you finished the 2.2 story, to just wait for 2.3.

Nah. I finished the story on PC back at launch. Tried out the PS3 client about a month ago and the story trophy popped on the first mission I completed. Got the mining and botany trophies from doing it one time each as well.

Oh man, I'm going to be trophying it up this weekend.

Alex

I guess Free Company housing now has a decay timer as of 2.3 of 35 days... Really don't care for that decision.

Eios

Hi fellow gaffers,
I am thinking about getting into this game after having played the beta on PS4. The only mmo that I have actually invested a decent amount of time into was SWTOR, but I mostly solo'd to level 50, with a few group dungeons here and there. I do have a gaming pc capable of running FF XIV at max settings. So my issue is, whether I should get it for pc or ps4. I know some of the cons and pros such as losing voip and being restricted by the ps4's hardware. The only reason I can come up with for getting the ps4 version is: being able to get into party chat with other ps4 users, being able to use the touchpad on the ds4, and remote play. But, I can just turn on my ps4 when I want to talk with my friends that are playing FF XIV on the ps4 I suppose.

So my questions are:

1. Which version should I go for? (I know this may seem obvious, but I just want some introspective)

2. Will the gamepad become a big detriment later on?

3. Should I get the game on steam, or drm free if I go pc?

4. If I do decide to get the ps4/pc version later on after the pc/ps4 version do I get the additional free 30 days added to my account?

So my questions are:

1. Which version should I go for? ( I know this may seem obvious, but I just want some introspective)

4. If I do decide to get the ps4/pc version later on after the pc/ps4 version do I get the additional free 30 days get added to my account?

1. I have both and prefer the ps4 experience so far (in the betas) but you might want to decide that for yourself

2. nope, also you can plug in a mouse and kb to your ps4 and play just as you would in a pc ( or plug in a ps4 controller to your pc, either way works fine)

3. Dunno, I would have used steam if it was an option when I bought.

4. yes

Sophia

There is no additional DRM added to the Steam version, so the choice is simply a matter of if you prefer to buy it on Steam or elsewhere.

The two versions (PS4 and PC) are largely identical. As ricardokenshin noted, you can use a KB/M on the PS4 version, or use a gamepad on the PC side. I've personally played Paladin, Scholar, Summoner, and White Mage on a controller. There's no drawbacks really.

Alex

Hi fellow gaffers,
I am thinking about getting into this game after having played the beta on PS4. The only mmo that I have actually invested a decent amount of time into was SWTOR, but I mostly solo'd to level 50, with a few group dungeons here and there. I do have a gaming pc capable of running FF XIV at max settings. So my issue is, whether I should get it for pc or ps4. I know some of the cons and pros such as losing voip and being restricted by the ps4's hardware. The only reason I can come up with for getting the ps4 version is: being able to get into party chat with other ps4 users, being able to use the touchpad on the ds4, and remote play. But, I can just turn on my ps4 when I want to talk with my friends that are playing FF XIV on the ps4 I suppose.

So my questions are:

1. Which version should I go for? (I know this may seem obvious, but I just want some introspective)

4. If I do decide to get the ps4/pc version later on after the pc/ps4 version do I get the additional free 30 days added to my account?

1. There is probably no real reason not to go PC if you have the specs for it. It'll run better than the PS4 on a solid machine and you wont have to fuss with putting mumble, TS, vent, etc on your phone, like the sole PS3 user in our group did. If your specs might have a bit of question to them or maybe if you're largely/only playing with other PS4 users, you could probably go that way, then.

2. Gamepad quality varies by class, I feel that the game is outright better on a mouse/keyboard, but I grew up on controllers so I still go with it just because of comfort and because it's perfectly viable. There are certain cases like with Scholar though that I wouldn't personally want to fuss about on without a good mouse.

3. Just depends if you want it on Steam, really. Outside of being able to use the Steam Wallet I think it's effectively the same thing, can even launch the Steam version without Steam, I think.

Eios

1. I have both and prefer the ps4 experience so far (in the betas) but you might want to decide that for yourself

2. nope, also you can plug in a mouse and kb to your ps4 and play just as you would in a pc ( or plug in a ps4 controller to your pc, either way works fine)

3. Dunno, I would have used steam if it was an option when I bought.

4. yes

Thanks for the reply. I see, I might just get the ps4 version first then. If I need VoIP to communicate, I will get the PC version and the additional 30 days.

Noi

So, do any Warriors that post here play with a gamepad? I got mine to 50 like a week ago, but my current crossbars are a mess of buttons with no real sense or reason. Would love to know what you guys do for yours/what macros you use.

suzu

Finally got Titan EX finished. It surprisingly went really well. Got it done with a PF group with people who haven't cleared it before either (but they had experience up to adds phase).

Jea Song

Did the right thing
crap im still not understanding this.

I bought the ps3 game and played it when it came out. Haven't played it since then.

I no longer own a ps3 but own a ps4.

Using the same PSN ID and all.

So...basically how can I transfer my old account to the ps4?

I don't get it. Do I do this on the ps4? Go online? I still have the ps3 disc and codes, do I need that? Also, is the game out yet on ps4? I downloaded the latest beta? It doesn't say beta but when I start it it says its currently under maintenance.?

Halp..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom