• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noi

crap im still not understanding this.

I bought the ps3 game and played it when it came out. Haven't played it since then.

I no longer own a ps3 but own a ps4.

Using the same PSN ID and all.

So...basically how can I transfer my old account to the ps4?

I don't get it. Do I do this on the ps4? Go online? I still have the ps3 disc and codes, do I need that? Also, is the game out yet on ps4? I downloaded the latest beta? It doesn't say beta but when I start it it says its currently under maintenance.?

Halp..

1. The game is officially out on PS4 on the 14th. Early access starts tomorrow, on the 11th.

2. In your situation, you don't need to pop the game in to do the PS3 > PS4 license transfer. You do it by logging into the mogstation, starting tomorrow.

3. Download the client that's already up on the PSN store on your PS4. Once you do the above, you can resume playing without a problem, assuming your subscription is active.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
crap im still not understanding this.

I bought the ps3 game and played it when it came out. Haven't played it since then.

I no longer own a ps3 but own a ps4.

Using the same PSN ID and all.

So...basically how can I transfer my old account to the ps4?

I don't get it. Do I do this on the ps4? Go online? I still have the ps3 disc and codes, do I need that? Also, is the game out yet on ps4? I downloaded the latest beta? It doesn't say beta but when I start it it says its currently under maintenance.?

Halp..
When the upgrade is live, you'll do it through Mogstation.

Once that's done, you can log int to the PS4 client as normal.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
What is the suggested ilvl for the first 3 EX primals?
I hit 77 yesterday and am wondering if I should even bother before getting stronger gear.

Eios

Thanks for the replies. I just realized I could use VoIP on my pc since my PC and ps4 are right next to each other. I am so pathetic, honestly I might as well just flip a coin. Thanks for the insight guys I should have it figured out by the end of tonight. To help me decide though, I have another question: how useful is remote play?

I resubbed! Haven't played since release. Is there anywhere I can look at with the major additions/where the cool new quests are at?

Would it be possible to get reinvited to the FC in ultros? Name is A'hau Aesir.

I was a PS3 player, but I don't have an active subscription right now. Will I need to resub to take part in early access, or will I get those 3 days free and then resub on the 14th?

WolvenOne

What is the suggested ilvl for the first 3 EX primals?
I hit 77 yesterday and am wondering if I should even bother before getting stronger gear.

77 is fine for Garuda, at least for most roles of the fight. If by chance you are main Tanking that fight, you're going to want the absolute best armor you can manage. Even with mitigation cool downs, double wicked wheels hits like a truck.

For Titan and Ifrit, id suggest going in no lower than ilvl 80. A party can get by with maybe one or two people lower than that, but Titan is hard enough without the party struggling with DPS checks, and with Ifrit you'll want a much HP as possible to make things slightly easier on the healers.

D23

Guys should I dump all my attribute points to int or mnd? I'm still playing arcanist at the moment and still a little unsure if I wanna be summoner or scholar... Leaning towards scholar tho ...

Also what are some of the must have cross skill need for my arcanist?

Guys should I dump all my attribute points to int or mnd? I'm still playing arcanist at the moment and still a little unsure if I wanna be summoner or scholar... Leaning towards scholar tho ...

If you're going Scholar, dump everything into Mind. If Summoner, dump everything into Int. You can reset the bonus points later but until then you'll have to commit to either job.

Don't worry about cross class skills right now, because once you get a job you won't be able to use most of the skills you can use now.

As far as cross class skills go, if you go SMN, you need Raging Strikes from ARC and Swiftcast and Blizzard 2 from THR. If you go SCH, you'll still need Swiftcast and you'll also need Protect and Stoneskin from CNJ.

allrigjt thanks
Hmmm decisions... Summoner or scholar.. ah why can't I be both

You can be both.

They just don't get separate stat point allotments.

Unless you're a min/maxer by nature and must squeeze every last bit of healing/damage out of your job of choice, feel free to split INT and MND down the middle and do both jobs.

Sophia

Few people will ever catch on if you split your points 15/15, right down the middle. That's what I do. It's not a significant loss. A few item levels at most.

Also, speaking of Scholar.... Level 50 and Relic obtained:

ffxiv_04102014_204057uiu6a.jpg

Entirely done on a controller too.

Few people will ever catch on if you split your points 15/15, right down the middle. That's what I do. It's not a significant loss. A few item levels at most.

Playing SMN and SCH on the pad is probably one toughest things to do. I always enjoy seeing other people playing those jobs on the pad, they know my struggles.

Sophia

Playing SMN and SCH on the pad is probably one toughest things to do. I always enjoy seeing other people playing those jobs on the pad, they know my struggles.

They're more difficult than playing Paladin or White Mage, but I don't find them impossible at all. I manually control my fairy when playing scholar too.

Summoner is really fun, but I need to farm gear for it still. I had all the gear from my White Mage for Scholar, so it was a joke to get the relic. >.<;

That said, Square is in a bit of trouble if they ever add new abilities, seeing as I'd have to completely reorganize my setup to accommodate anything new.

lucius

So I logged I into the beta 2 with my PS3 character onto PS4 over the weekend should I just delete that beta game file on PS4 now before I transfer upgrade from mog station and do a clean install of the game app?

Aeana

So I logged I into the beta 2 with my PS3 character onto PS4 over the weekend should I just delete that beta game file on PS4 now before I transfer upgrade from mog station and do a clean install of the game app?

No, that client is final. You can use it.

Boss Man

I went onto PSN to get the game and apparently it's free for me somehow? Am I missing something? It's the 'full game'

I'm assuming the download is free and I'll have to pay $30 or whatever it is for the license

The client is free, it's also free on pc. You still need the game registration code in order to play.
Gotcha, thanks

Bah just installed my PS3 copy in prep of tomorrow and started my character building process but Ultros is still full. Does it still refresh the server lists like every three hours or so? Hopefully I can try again after work..

D23

Which one do u prefer. Scholar or summoner? I've heard that scholar is a lot mre fun than summoner

Bah just installed my PS3 copy in prep of tomorrow and started my character building process but Ultros is still full. Does it still refresh the server lists like every three hours or so? Hopefully I can try again after work..

Yeah, you can check again. Try at an off time aswell. Considering early access starts tonight you might have some trouble. Gl getting in though!

Mannnn do I really wanna stay up till 4am to log in? So tempting(the ps4 version is so beautiful compares to the ps3!)

Ultros is very very active at EST peak times, try a time outside of that if possible..

BadRNG

Which one do u prefer. Scholar or summoner? I've heard that scholar is a lot mre fun than summoner
They are very different, one is healer and other dps. Since ACN is linked they level up together, so if you don't like it you can switch. I'd recommend SMN for general use while leveling since you can kill stuff faster, and for dungeons you can go SCH for better queue times. Don't worry about what you will main at 50, you can level other classes up fast and switch as you wish. My original clas was MRD/WAR but I ended up maining PLD since that's what my coil static needed.

supergiz

So I just returned after a 3 month hiatus. Last thing I did was get qualified for crystal towers, and did a few matches in pvp.

I am soo lost. What should I be doing now?

I'm a bard btw. Have all i-lvl 90 pretty much.

So I just returned after a 3 month hiatus. Last thing I did was get qualified for crystal towers, and did a few matches in pvp.

I am soo lost. What should I be doing now?

I'm a bard btw. Have all i-lvl 90 pretty much.

Start grinding for Soldiery tomes. Beat the EM Primals so you can farm EX Leviathan for his weapon. Don't leave again or you'll make Tivly a sad Lala.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom