• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaz_RB

C'mooonnn SE I wanna play. Just finished my research paper that I've been pouring my heart into over the past week and now I just want to get lost in FF14. Let's do this.

Eusis

Can you reset those allotted points anyway? I dumped them all into STR but I think as a PLD that may've been a mistake.

BadRNG

Can you reset those allotted points anyway? I dumped them all into STR but I think as a PLD that may've been a mistake.
You can buy an item from your GC for 10k seals to reset points. STR for WAR/PLD is fine while leveling, but VIT is best when you start tanking 50 content.

aceface

i do Scholar on a controller, it's easy. The only thing I was having trouble with was getting Sacred Soil down in the right spot quick and I'm getting better with that.

I think maybe somewhere in the OP it should say that character creation restrictions by world update ever 4-5 hours and to check lodestone. If people can't create a character on Ultros during peak hours at night, try again during the day.

molnizzle

When does PS3 transfer go live? I want to play. 😡

So glad I've been stacking VIT since level 10.

I'm lvl 20 archer, just wondering is their a huge benefit from becoming a Bard

It doesn't really work like that, it's not like you can be anything other than Bard. You still keep all the Archer skills, just with new Bard ones too. No reason not to do it.

rrc1594

yeah

just do it

lol

It isn't really a choice. You are suppose to otherwise you miss out abilities and the quest line sets you up with your first end gameish armor.

OK thanks

It doesn't really work like that, it's not like you can be anything other than Bard. You still keep all the Archer skills, just with new Bard ones too. No reason not to do it.

So you don't lose anything you only gain. It's Win/WIn

Alex

Decay timer? Elaborate please..

If no one uses the house within 35 days, it's gone. I really do not like that kind of thing in a modern MMO. The only MMO I can think of with that was UO and even back in the dark ages with UO it was done because the houses were literally placed on the overworld and there was finite space (not forcibly finite space on special housing blocks).

i do Scholar on a controller, it's easy. The only thing I was having trouble with was getting Sacred Soil down in the right spot quick and I'm getting better with that.

I find doing it effectively with good pet micro to be kind of a pain on a pad. I see Scholars on pads mostly leaving things on auto which isn't how I'd ever want to do Scholar. I just find it infinitely easier with like a Naga. Our singular controller user seems to be having quite a few issues with targeting petrify on Turn 7, since we're on that subject, but I'm gonna strongly assume it's more him than anything else.

Finding Turn 7 to be a hell of a leap, we got it down to... 45% tonight? Not too bad, it's coming along OK considering our meek schedule but I do honestly feel like these fights could probably use difficulty selection. There's not gonna be many people downing anything in Coil 2, especially post-Turn 6, which is quite easy compared to 7, IMO. The wall of progression can just be very discouraging, as is, IMO. I've always been against LFR/Crystal Tower, etc tuned stuff, very lowest common denominator, but a good normal mode leading into a hard mode is always appreciated, by me.

It's gonna be extremely curious to see how these are even adapted to catch-up status in the future. There is a LOT of communication required and I still see PUGs struggling with somewhat simple fare like Titan EX even easy access to ilvl 90 gear and an echo buff.

1. There is probably no real reason not to go PC if you have the specs for it. It'll run better than the PS4 on a solid machine and you wont have to fuss with putting mumble, TS, vent, etc on your phone, like the sole PS3 user in our group did. If your specs might have a bit of question to them or maybe if you're largely/only playing with other PS4 users, you could probably go that way, then.

2. Gamepad quality varies by class, I feel that the game is outright better on a mouse/keyboard, but I grew up on controllers so I still go with it just because of comfort and because it's perfectly viable. There are certain cases like with Scholar though that I wouldn't personally want to fuss about on without a good mouse.

3. Just depends if you want it on Steam, really. Outside of being able to use the Steam Wallet I think it's effectively the same thing, can even launch the Steam version without Steam, I think.

There's a pretty big reason: Remote Play. Totally killer for when you just wanna chill and watch TV while crafting or doing some easy quests.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Really confused as well.

Played the PS3 version digitally for the first free month at launch, then decided to not subscribe until the PS4 version hit. Will I be able to activate my account again on Mogstation tomorrow to jump back in with my launch character? Or do I have to wait until the 14th?

The lodestone seemed to only state that Beta 2 users and new pre-orders can participate in early access, but not older PS3 owners that missed out on the Beta 2 weekend(or that part was left out).

I have the free client on my PS4 ready to go, so I guess I'll find out soon...

Eusis

Really confused as well.

Played the PS3 version digitally for the first free month at launch, then decided to not subscribe until the PS4 version hit. Will I be able to activate my account again on Mogstation tomorrow to jump back in with my launch character? Or do I have to wait until the 14th?

The lodestone seemed to only state that Beta 2 users and new pre-orders can participate in early access, but not older PS3 owners that missed out on the Beta 2 weekend(or that part was left out).

I have the free client on my PS4 ready to go, so I guess I'll find out soon...
I did it today to be on the safe side, but it's probably OK. I'd just do it and use a quick play on PS3 to appreciate the updates they made.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So, do any Warriors that post here play with a gamepad? I got mine to 50 like a week ago, but my current crossbars are a mess of buttons with no real sense or reason. Would love to know what you guys do for yours/what macros you use.

I use no macros
I have it set it up, so the R2 side is combos and L2 side is my CD's

Have the Butcher Block combo set on 1st hotbar, the Storm's Path & Storm's Eye on 2nd hotbar

Chris_C

In two hours

Wait, is early access available to all PS4 users? I just added some money to my wallet but stopped short of buying because I noticed the release date is Apr 14h.

EDIT: Did some research, looks like you have to get the collectors edition. Don't really think I want that.

Pachimari

Guys, if I want to join "Gather Against Fate", will I have to meet up with one of these in the game?

androidcandy (Strawberry Shortcake)
Paprikka (Safflower Amariyo)
ROBOKITTYZILLA (Maple Cookie)
Aeana (Tiv Einsfell)

We should be online at the same time?

I'm a lvl 15 archer but will look into barder as my next goal. I'm gonna get really into it now, that I have moved from PS3 to a high-end PC.

Wait, is early access available to all PS4 users? I just added some money to my wallet but stopped short of buying because I noticed the release date is Apr 14h.

EDIT: Did some research, looks like you have to get the collectors edition. Don't really think I want that.

you don't need to preorder the CE, the regular edition will suffice

Reszo

If you want to get into early access I'd advise people to pre-order from amazon and then cancel. They send the early access code as soon as you order.

Eusis

Guys, if I want to join "Gather Against Fate", will I have to meet up with one of these in the game?

androidcandy (Strawberry Shortcake)
Paprikka (Safflower Amariyo)
ROBOKITTYZILLA (Maple Cookie)
Aeana (Tiv Einsfell)

We should be online at the same time?

I'm a lvl 15 archer but will look into barder as my next goal. I'm gonna get really into it now, that I have moved from PS3 to a high-end PC.
Find the page, but in short you need to create an account on the page then fill out an application to apply to GAF. I dunno how you find it within the in-game stuff, but I just looked at players in an area, found one who was in GAF, and got to the FC info via looking through their character info.

Paprikka

anybody tested this atma time based theory yet?
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/22p1w8/japanese_atma_farming_theory/

even some people in BG are saying it worked for them
i'll try this out later tonight, i still have 5 atmas remaining

I tried it a bit, but I'm not sure if it's local time or server time. Using server time got me an atma on my fourth fate this afternoon, and tonight following local I got one on the second. Course it could just be RNG being RNG but it doesn't hurt to try it.

Resilient

I tried it a bit, but I'm not sure if it's local time or server time. Using server time got me an atma on my fourth fate this afternoon, and tonight following local I got one on the second. Course it could just be RNG being RNG but it doesn't hurt to try it.

I read about it at lunch but can't test it till later. All I know is that it sounds very appealing. But the local time/server bs makes it confusing. For what it's worth, I'm an hour ahead of Japan time.

Posts like above give me hope (2/12).

Pachimari

Find the page, but in short you need to create an account on the page then fill out an application to apply to GAF. I dunno how you find it within the in-game stuff, but I just looked at players in an area, found one who was in GAF, and got to the FC info via looking through their character info.

I have done all of this now. Now I just need to find one of you guys online. Do any of you have time in about 7 hours?

I really also gotta get used to the PC user interface and controls.

neoemonk

I was poking around on the Playstation Store earlier and saw FF XIV for PS4 on there for free, so I bought it. I don't know if it's a trial or what, since I don't own a PS4.

The PS3 edition still costs $25 or whatever it is though.

Pachimari

I was poking around on the Playstation Store earlier and saw FF XIV for PS4 on there for free, so I bought it. I don't know if it's a trial or what, since I don't own a PS4.

The PS3 edition still costs $25 or whatever it is though.

I'm pretty sure that's the PS4 beta.

T.O.P

Banned
Welp. found a 8€ ps3 copy this morning lol

Might as well try again after my 1 month rush on pc, the upgrade to ps4 is coming on launch day right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom