• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMBored

I have done all of this now. Now I just need to find one of you guys online. Do any of you have time in about 7 hours?

I really also gotta get used to the PC user interface and controls.

Most of the time there's someone online from GAF, unfortunately I'll only be on in about ten hours.

Eccocid

If anyone had joined to EU Cerberus server sent me a msg!
I think i am the only gaffer there. I am in a very nice FC with lots of activity!
Feel free to join us also i am kinda bored of end content i can help or level a new job with a newcomer.

Vic Viper is my game name.

Eusis

I have done all of this now. Now I just need to find one of you guys online. Do any of you have time in about 7 hours?

One of them will see your application whenever they can and contact you, or that's what happened when I rejoined.
I'm pretty sure that's the PS4 beta.
It's the full client, but it's like on PC: you can download the client to play, but you still need a code and subscription activated in order to actually play.

And yes, it has to be a code for that platform because I guess someone at SE got the idea to try to get people to double dip if they can. Or was a thick executive, whichever.

IMBored

Transfer to PS4 is up on mog station.

Fat chocobo is appearing as CE item.

Edit: Server's getting hammered, transfer don't go trough.

does that autimatically transfer characters, or do you need to log into the ps3 game, transfers characters that way then do mogstation?

It just transfers the license, the characters are already tied to the service account so they'll always be on whichever license. All the transfer PS3 to PS4 button does is transfer macros, hotkeys.

Eusis

And server is busy.

One has to wonder why they didn't at least allow the transfer on Mogstation ahead of time. Granted you might lose an hour or two of potential play time, but that's only if you jump in right away, and it'd take stress off the servers.
does that autimatically transfer characters, or do you need to log into the ps3 game, transfers characters that way then do mogstation?
1. That's the character setup and stuff, not the actual character that's platform agnostic, and 2. I didn't actually need to log in to transfer from PS3, so this may not be necessary. Better safe than sorry though.

Paprikka

Not sure who will be on then, but if you do like Eusis said and apply in-game, we can see the app and let you in the guild even if you're not online at the time. I've already got you accepted on the guildworks site.

Chris_C

you don't need to preorder the CE, the regular edition will suffice

Wait, early access is open to regular edition owners today? If I could get confirmation, I'd appreciate it, would go ahead and get this to play for a month since its only $25 on PSN.

Anyone able to confirm regular edition owners can start playing now?

Eusis

Anyone else getting Server Busy errors? I'm almost surprised SE really was stupid enough to not let people do the transfer ahead of time to ease load, but then if SE's been good at anything in the last several years it's been terrible decisions.

Marceles

Cool, just refreshed and PS4 shows up now

rJTIG3B.png

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Great, updating the client now on my PS4 after getting approval on Mogstation, then hopefully a bit of time playing before bed.

Damn I forgot how great the music was in the launcher, haven't played since PS3 launch.

Brandon F

did you or any of the others who upgraded transfer your character/s in advance?

All I did was log into Mogstation and click the PS4 upgrade button. You can see the characters that are transferred in a list during that process, my PS3 characters were listed, as were the CE items from my digital PS3 copy. I can no longer play on PS3 though, it's PS4 only now.

Got an email with a PS4 client download code after successfully upgrading on Mogstation, though I downloaded the beta 2 free client earlier tonight...seems that is being upgraded to the full game just fine as it is fully patching now. Probably don't need the client code it gave me.

I'll post again when in-game with my old character in a few just to confirm.

Rixa

did you or any of the others who upgraded transfer your character/s in advance?

Transfered today. I preloaded PS3 version 1month ago and 3h ago started again to DL ~6g patch. Got couple errors on the way (in last dl packed that was 1,267g) and started that packed 2 times again. What a mess. Anyways transfer done. Now time to play some FF.

Naar

So, it gave me a code to redeem after I transferred to PS4 and that code says its already been used.

I got same error as well but i tried to login anyways and now im downloading a 147mb update after i logged in with my SE account on PS4

So try it and it should work

Synless

I take it we get a free month for switching over? I just logged in and haven't updated my account in a few months and I am able to play.

Pop

I take it we get a free month for switching over? I just logged in and haven't updated my account in a few months and I am able to play.

That would be awesome.

I just want a month of gametime but I see they only sell 60 days.

Brandon F

No free month. It states it very clearly during the PS4 upgrade process that you do not get a second 30 day trial as it was already used on PS3.

I just started the monthly fee after upgrading to PS4.

Synless

Trophies are not showing on PS4, anyone else see this?

No free month. It states it very clearly during the PS4 upgrade process that you do not get a second 30 day trial as it was already used on PS3.

I just started the monthly fee after upgrading to PS4.

I'm curious how I am playing then as I have no credit card on file.

Noi

Oh thank god, they went through with this after all. I was worried that I'd have to buy another PS3 license if I wanted to fill this out on two platforms. Now I can really say: So long PS3 version, and good riddance.

Bk7YRDQCQAAHwLo.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom