• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMBored

Oh thank god, they went through with this after all. I was worried that I'd have to buy another PS3 license if I wanted to fill this out on two platforms.
]

Nice, now my one PS3 trophy will carry over.

As an aside, does anyone knows a suitable excuse of getting off work early?

PSA:

If you already have the PS4 beta client installed when you activate the PS3 -> PS4 upgrade and you try to enter the code it gives you on Mog Station, it will tell you this code has already been used.

This is normal, just log in with your PS4 client and play the game!

PSA2:

If you are trying to use PS Vita Remote Play to your PS4 over the Internet and for some reason it can never find your PS4, double check to make sure you have activated your PS4 as your Primary PS4.
Settings -> PSN(sm) -> Activate as Your Primary PS4

I thought I had done this but it turned out I hadn't and I couldn't figure out why Remote Play wasn't working over the Internet even though my router supported uPNP and I had even tried forwarding my ports manually. The PS4 doesn't ever tell you if it's your Primary PS4 or not so if you're not sure just do this step.

Tried redeeming the code via Vita and I noticed it already had the red PS bag on the voucher (meaning it was already credited to my account). My guess is that the repurchase thing we had to do last week screwed things up.

finally ready to go and its acting like i never made a character yesterday , playing the intro again. Nevermind, it forced me to watch the intro again but my character is there afterwards

Got everything set up and logged in for a few minutes to mess around on the vita. And while I asked this in the free company, there was still a bit of confusion:

When I logged on just now, had a letter containing a minion and the behemoth mount, is that from just being subbed for so long(Have been subbed since it launched on ps3, but not actively playing) or is that from something else? Just curious.

Ahhh sweet thanks Noi! <3

Noi

Got everything set up and logged in for a few minutes to mess around on the vita. And while I asked this in the free company, there was still a bit of confusion:

When I logged on just now, had a letter containing a minion and the behemoth mount, is that from just being subbed for so long(Have been subbed since it launched on ps3, but not actively playing) or is that from something else? Just curious.

The behemoth mount is a veteran reward for having subbed for a long ass time, yeah.

CozMick

Banned
WTF. Characters aren't saved server side on ps4?

Played phase 2, deleted the client when it finished. Redownloaded the full game and started the client this morning. Did the whole ps3 to ps4 transfer but because my beta game save was on the cloud it wudnt allow me to use my lvl 39 mage. The only option was to start fresh....

I exited the game. Downloaded my save from the PS+ cloud and now my mage is available to select.

Why the fuck would an mmo character save be client side?

Or am I doing something wrong?

Jomjom

Banned
Trophies not working on ps4 yet. Just did my first logging and nothing popped.

Anyone need an early access/preorder bonus items code? First reply gets it.

Vashetti

Banned
Oh thank god, they went through with this after all. I was worried that I'd have to buy another PS3 license if I wanted to fill this out on two platforms. Now I can really say: So long PS3 version, and good riddance.

Bk7YRDQCQAAHwLo.jpg:large

THANK YOU BASED SE for a shared Trophy list!

Xux

Played phase 2, deleted the client when it finished. Redownloaded the full game and started the client this morning. Did the whole ps3 to ps4 transfer but because my beta game save was on the cloud it wudnt allow me to use my lvl 39 mage. The only option was to start fresh....

I exited the game. Downloaded my save from the PS+ cloud and now my mage is available to select.

Sounds like it defaulted to a different data center.

Vashetti

Banned

Lol, why?

They said since before Phase 2 that the client would carry on now through release.

Edit: bwahahaha logged in. Thanks SE. Upgrade gives you free time.

Jomjom

Banned

Its not saved client side. You just didnt select your data center / server. Your cloud save set the data center for you.

Well this already has to be the smoothest "launch" of an MMO ever.

• The PS3->PS4 upgrade worked exactly as promised and was easy.
  • I was then able to log into the game as promised.
  • The servers are up and running when they said they'd be.

Jomjom

Banned

Be happy you werent here for the actual launch of ARR. The opposite of smooth.

That's because the servers have been running for months. The actual launch of this game was a disaster lol. PS4-only players got it easy! :p

IMBored

Trophies not working on ps4 yet. Just did my first logging and nothing popped.

Anyone need an early access/preorder bonus items code? First reply gets it.

Don't forget that you'll get some pre order items with the code, if you haven't got them already.

Edit: Somehow I missed the part where you specifically mentioned them in your post :| I think the wait for work to end today is messing with my mind.

CozMick

Banned
Thanks for the info about the characters guys.

Did anyone not get their fat chocobo? I got the pre order content but not that :/

so I have a question: Someone sent me a free company invite (not GAF) and I'm not close to the required level to even access free company stuff in the menu. I let the invite timer run out. If I had accepted the invite though, would I have been allowed to join the free company even if my level wasn't high enough?

Sophia

Time to stream every day all day on my glorious PS4 version.... I'm going to be in hell setting up all my bars on the PS4 side however. ;_;

so I have a question: Someone sent me a free company invite (not GAF) and I'm not close to the required level to even access free company stuff in the menu. I let the invite timer run out. If I had accepted the invite though, would I have been allowed to join the free company even if my level wasn't high enough?

Yes.

I'm in the same situation. I think we'll have to start paying Monday at midnight?
Yes.

You couldn't access the FC menu because you aren't in an FC, not because of your level :p

Audioboxer

If I buy a PS3 CE can I redeem the CE code on my current account (PS3 account just turned PS4)?

Also does this give the PS4 CE items? (fat chocobo and moogle minion?)

Eusis

PS3 upgrade to PS4= early access?
Correct, Some of us were already playing and didn't need to get a separate EA code. Actually the code given upon updating didn't even work, saying it was already used.

And I see I can add PS3 service afterwards. Wonder if anyone wants to experiment and grab the PS3 copy off of PSN after updating? Might be worth keeping in mind for an extra month during a sale like now, though probably better when it's going for $20 or even $15.
If I buy a PS3 CE can I redeem the CE code on my current account (PS3 account just turned PS4)?

Yes, you will get them, but not right now. They'll be listed under your Mogstation stuff at least.

Sophia

PS3 upgrade to PS4= early access?

Yes. For proof, I'm even on right now!

You cannot add a service twice. However, if you did the PS3 to PS4 upgrade, you can then turn around and add the PS3 CE and get all of the CE items. Including the ones you listed. You would also get an additional 30 days doing this.

Audioboxer

Correct, Some of us were already playing and didn't need to get a separate EA code. Actually the code given upon updating didn't even work, saying it was already used.

And I see I can add PS3 service afterwards. Wonder if anyone wants to experiment and grab the PS3 copy off of PSN after updating? Might be worth keeping in mind for an extra month during a sale like now, though probably better when it's going for $20 or even $15.

Yes, you will get them, but not right now. They'll be listed under your Mogstation stuff at least.

Yes. For proof, I'm even on right now!

You cannot add a service twice. However, if you did the PS3 to PS4 upgrade, you can then turn around and add the PS3 CE and get all of the CE items. Including the ones you listed. You would also get an additional 30 days doing this.

Awesome thanks. It's a disc based/physical copy I'm planning to buy, can anyone confirm is the CE part of it a separate code? If it's tied to the serial number I'd obviously just have to go down the digital CE route as I do not want 2 accounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom