• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

No fucking way. It worked. Showed up in the correct zone using Japan Standard Time and got the Atma on the first FATE.

ffxiv_04112014_09553385sz7.jpg

Heading to Central Thanalan to see if I can repeat the results.

dcye

No fucking way. It worked. Showed up in the correct zone using Japan Standard Time and got the Atma on the first FATE.

Heading to Central Thanalan to see if I can repeat the results.

FUCKKKKKK no way. This can't be right. I've been blowing this shit off as a joke for days now. pls keep us informed.

playXray

Does anyone know what's happening with trophies on PS3/PS4 after upgrading a PS3 game account to a PS4 one? Are they copied to a new list or is it a single shared list between the two versions?

Sophia

FUCKKKKKK no way. This can't be right. I've been blowing this shit off as a joke for days now. pls keep us informed.

So far, three FATEs and no Atma from Central Thanalan. It is entirely possible I just got lucky.

EDIT:

Five fates. 20 minutes. Another Atma. It appears to work. I will test it again in Western La Noscea once the hour is up.

Hedrush

I give up. I can't get the game to download on PS4 ( I deleted beta 2 accidentally ). It says I've purchased it and the drop down box shows 3 download options that are all the same, none work tho. I guess I'll just buy a retail copy when it releases. Totally gutted was looking forward to playing this weekend.

So far, three FATEs and no Atma from Central Thanalan. It is entirely possible I just got lucky.

EDIT:

Five fates. 20 minutes. Another Atma. It appears to work. I will test it again in Western La Noscea once the hour is up.

Erm...so what's this magical trick?

DrDamn

I give up. I can't get the game to download on PS4 ( I deleted beta 2 accidentally ). It says I've purchased it and the drop down box shows 3 download options that are all the same, none work tho. I guess I'll just buy a retail copy when it releases. Totally gutted was looking forward to playing this weekend.

What about if you find it in the Library section? (fully to the right on main game/app bar). I think you can kick off a re-download from there can't you?

Sophia

Erm...so what's this magical trick?

The theory is here: http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/22p1w8/japanese_atma_farming_theory/cgp6543

Essentially, each zone has an hour associated with it (Japan Standard Time) in which the Atma's drop rate is increased significantly.

I just tested it in North Shroud and Central Thanalan. Got the Atma in North Shroud off the first FATE, and got the Atma off Central Thanalan in five FATEs.

I'm going to test it again in Western La Noscea, but I have a pretty good feeling this is real.

orion434

Need some assistance, I preordered and bought in full Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn CE for the PS4 through GameStop online for my sister, even paid 1-day shipping. I remember I bought my CE through GameStop ( in-store ) as well and I was able to play in Early Access. My sister tells me there is no pre-order code or anything in the confirmation e-mail. I told her to call her local GaneStop and they told her that the only way she could have gotten Early Access was if we bought it through Square-Enix? Please Halp!

Moaradin

The theory is here: http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/22p1w8/japanese_atma_farming_theory/cgp6543

Essentially, each zone has an hour associated with it (Japan Standard Time) in which the Atma's drop rate is increased significantly.

I just tested it in North Shroud and Central Thanalan. Got the Atma in North Shroud off the first FATE, and got the Atma off Central Thanalan in five FATEs.

I'm going to test it again in Western La Noscea, but I have a pretty good feeling this is real.

I just tried this. Got Atma of the Crab (Western La Noscea) off my second fate. This could be the biggest coincidence in the world, but there might be some truth to that theory.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Are you using your local time, server time, or japan time?

Cmagus

That battle music at the end of that Copperbell quest. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8qskar6O08) is amazing... Caught me off guard in its awesomeness.

Anyone know where I can listen to just the song?

You'll have a hard time finding the song online streaming anywhere Square just released their new soundtrack which features the song and they are pulling everything on youtube.

The song is a remix of the FF2 battle theme
FF2 Battle Theme

you can hear the theme in the Eorzea Collection trailers
Eorzea Collection

You can also find the track on the new Final Fantasy XIV ARR Soundtrack.If you can afford it I would recommend it as imo its probably one of the best game soundtracks period.

Hi. I just preordered this on Amazon. Amazon sent me my early access promotional code. I just redeemed said code from my work computer on the playstation website. When I redeemed it it said it was redeemed, but there was an error? When I go back and check it looks like it was redeemed fine. So when I get home, can I just start up my beta game and I'll be back in?

I might be joining the GAF FC, but I have a buddy who is not on neogaf. Are non-neogaf players allowed to join?

Yes. As long as they have a friend, family member, significant other, or reference in GAF or NeoGAF, they are welcome to join. Ask them to follow the same procedures with submitting the application on the site and make sure they list you as a reference.

D23

Ahhh finallly back playing on ps4 after 4 days of playing on the ps3. Is like I just put on a glasses or something.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Aw damn, didn't even know you could transfer your characters and UI setup directly through the PS3 and PS4 launchers. I just used Mogstation, and I am now stuck with my lv. 40 Bard from 6 mo ago that needs every action bar redone.

I can't recall shit and my old hotbars at least had my rotation setups for combat and crafting organized for ease of jumping back in.

Any good guides out there to remind this fool how to play my character with best hotbar allocation on a controller?

Korezo

So what do you do? Go to each zone listed in jpn time doesn't matter if it's AM or PM?

Sophia

Aw damn, didn't even know you could transfer your characters and UI setup directly through the PS3 and PS4 launchers. I just used Mogstation, and I am now stuck with my lv. 40 Bard from 6 mo ago that needs every action bar redone.

I can't recall shit and my old hotbars at least had my rotation setups for combat and crafting organized for ease of jumping back in.

Any good guides out there to remind this fool how to play my character with best hotbar allocation on a controller?

That option doesn't transfer your characters. It just transfers your UI. If you have the wrong characters, then that means you selected the wrong service during the upgrade process.

So what do you do? Go to each zone listed in jpn time doesn't matter if it's AM or PM?

Yes. We just had another person in the group (Lady Bokep) get theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom