• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
That option doesn't transfer your characters. It just transfers your UI. If you have the wrong characters, then that means you selected the wrong service during the upgrade process.

? Was this post meant for someone else? I have the correct characters, but my UI is reset to default and needs all actions and hotbars re-organized. Sucks given how long its been and I can't recall my Bard rotation.

CLBridges

Finally back on the PS4 and here to stay. Feels like I'm playing a different game altogether vs. the PS3. And, to top it all off, I completed Titan Extreme today. The PS4 early access/release must have brought me good luck lol. Now, I'm off to see if I can complete Ilfrit Extreme.

Oh, and welcome to all the new players picking this up on the PS4. I'm on the Siren server so won't get to play with the majority going over to Ultros. Have fun!

Sophia

? Was this post meant for someone else? I have the correct characters, but my UI is reset to default and needs all actions and hotbars re-organized. Sucks given how long its been and I can't recall my Bard rotation.

You said transfer characters. Sorry, I may have misunderstood you.

Gaz_RB

Need some assistance, I preordered and bought in full Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn CE for the PS4 through GameStop online for my sister, even paid 1-day shipping. I remember I bought my CE through GameStop ( in-store ) as well and I was able to play in Early Access. My sister tells me there is no pre-order code or anything in the confirmation e-mail. I told her to call her local GaneStop and they told her that the only way she could have gotten Early Access was if we bought it through Square-Enix? Please Halp!

Gamestop isn't participating in the early access special, if I remember correctly.

You'll have a hard time finding the song online streaming anywhere Square just released their new soundtrack which features the song and they are pulling everything on youtube.

The song is a remix of the FF2 battle theme
FF2 Battle Theme

you can hear the theme in the Eorzea Collection trailers
Eorzea Collection

You can also find the track on the new Final Fantasy XIV ARR Soundtrack.If you can afford it I would recommend it as imo its probably one of the best game soundtracks period.

Thank you so much. I'll buy the soundtrack.

I just sent an application to Gather Against Fate in the game. :)

Did you apply on guildworks too?

Hi. I just preordered this on Amazon. Amazon sent me my early access promotional code. I just redeemed said code from my work computer on the playstation website. When I redeemed it it said it was redeemed, but there was an error? When I go back and check it looks like it was redeemed fine. So when I get home, can I just start up my beta game and I'll be back in?

Quoted for the new page. Anyone?

Gaz_RB

I got my pre-order from there and got an early access code. Had to go back to get them to reprint the receipt with the code though.

Gotcha. That guy did it online for his sister so maybe he has to call them? I got mine from amazon so I'm not sure.

Quoted for the new page. Anyone?
If the code is redeemed, then yeah all you have to do is load up the beta 2 client and it'll recognize that you put in the code and will walk you through adding it to your SE account. Should work fine.

Alucrid

Banned
99E24DA1658A9A53EED8DBE9FE5E6B4652E89440

that felt damn good

I can mine at work remotely from my Vita now. My productivity is no longer safe. I just have to make sure no one enters my office while I'm logged in remotely.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I can mine at work remotely from my Vita now. My productivity is no longer safe. I just have to make sure no one enters my office while I'm logged in remotely.

Way too risky for me to have a vita out at my office. Wish I could do remote fishing from my cell phone, lol

I did a duty quest and when it finished it said I received two player commendations. What does that mean?

Edit: hang on....I think I've been playing as my character all wrong. I just looked at the duty finder and it says my role is tank. I always thought marauder was a dps :/

Aeana

I did a duty quest and when it finished it said I received two player commendations. What does that mean?

At the end of an instance, if you used duty finder to enter (outside of a premade party), you can choose a person in your group to commend. There are rewards for reaching a certain number of commendations.

Aeana

Edit: hang on....I think I've been playing as my character all wrong. I just looked at the duty finder and it says my role is tank. I always thought marauder was a dps :/

Nope. Marauder/warrior and gladiator/paladin are tanks.
If you got commendations for playing a tank as a DPS, that's kinda funny.

jorgeton

It means you did a good job! You can trade them in for prizes. 500 commendations gets you a gold magitek armor I think.

Finally getting around to leveling up my Lancer class.. Low level duty finder is gonna be all Sastasha all the time this weekend, ain't it...

Nope. Marauder/warrior and gladiator/paladin are tanks.
If you got commendations for playing a tank as a DPS, that's kinda funny.

It means you did a good job! You can trade them in for prizes. 500 commendations gets you a gold magitek armor I think.

Finally getting around to leveling up my Lancer class.. Low level duty finder is gonna be all Sastasha all the time this weekend, ain't it...

I was probably plying dps wrong then lol. I guess I was doing it right all along. Go in, annoy the enemy so they concentrate on me while bashing them, try to get behind them and that's it right?

w2000

Aw damn, didn't even know you could transfer your characters and UI setup directly through the PS3 and PS4 launchers. I just used Mogstation, and I am now stuck with my lv. 40 Bard from 6 mo ago that needs every action bar redone.

I can't recall shit and my old hotbars at least had my rotation setups for combat and crafting organized for ease of jumping back in.

Any good guides out there to remind this fool how to play my character with best hotbar allocation on a controller?

I had this issue too, but it was like riding a bike. One tip is to go back into the actions & traits and look at your abilities and go from there to set the bars up again. I was able to transfer in the end, but remembering how to play the class again only took a few minutes. Now to get my WAR to 50.

Aeana

I was probably plying dps wrong then lol. I guess I was doing it right all along. Go in, annoy the enemy so they concentrate on me while bashing them, try to get behind them and that's it right?

Indeed, that's what a tank does. Gathers enemies so they're all focused on them, then turn the enemies away from the party so they can't breathe on/cleave them.

jorgeton

Kinda! For a tank, you want to grab all the enemy aggro so the DPSs can go behind/flank enemies and deal more damage. Tank shouldn't try and get behind the enemy, but position them so the DPSes can.

It also helps the healers if all the enemy aggro is in one spot, that way they don't have to worry about healing the whole party, but just the tank.

The best way to DPS is to shout insults at the mobs about their preferred mobile phone platform. This distracts them and you can beat them up while they are confused. Also, welcome to Eorzea!

Replayed the same duty to improve and received a player commendation, phew. It's hard to concentrate on what the specific job can be sometimes.

The best way to DPS is to shout insults at the mobs about their preferred mobile phone platform. This distracts them and you can beat them up while they are confused. Also, welcome to Eorzea!

Haha, I'll do that!

Khatoz

Wait, this works?!?

I must find out how this works.

For Science.

Just have a good internet connection, if you already stablished remote play between your PS4 and Vita, as long as the PS4 is on, the Vita will try to find it through the interwebs.

Shame people are coming and going into my office that can't use it D:

Flarin

Is there a way to check how many hours you've put into the game? I know with WoW you could just type "/played" and it would tell you.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Just have a good internet connection, if you already stablished remote play between your PS4 and Vita, as long as the PS4 is on, the Vita will try to find it through the interwebs.

Banderas.gif/webm

I had never tried it on any wifi networks, I figured it was only on the PS4's wifi broadcast.

Is there a way to check how many hours you've put into the game? I know with WoW you could just type "/played" and it would tell you.

I play off of Steam, and that gives me the hours I've played (sitting on about 6 hours a day average :lolwut) since I started back in late February.

Jomjom

Banned
I know quite a few people have replaced their PS4 HDD with the Seagate SSHD (Solid State Hybrid Drive). Anyone speak to the load times in FFXIV with that? I'm wondering if the maps and dungeons that have to load would fit in the 8GB cache.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I know quite a few people have replaced their PS4 HDD with the Seagate SSHD (Solid State Hybrid Drive). Anyone speak to the load times in FFXIV with that? I'm wondering if the maps and dungeons that have to load would fit in the 8GB cache.

Oh this is VERY relevant to my interests.....

Jomjom

Banned
Using Japan Standard Time.

Also:

No way this was a coincidence to get it in five FATEs again.

So just to confirm that I am understanding this right. Say for example, I want to get the Central Shroud Atma, I would just go when it is 1:00 AM or PM JST? Thanks for any info!

If no one answers, I'll come back to post later tonight hopefully as I'm planning to pick one up. I'm hoping I can get some impressions first though before purchasing.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
So despite the fact I've barely played the game in the last month after my coil static fell apart, I just preordered the PS4 CE off of amazon when I noticed it was still in stock.

I have no self control.

But I do have a collector's edition!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

Even with the HDD installed in the PS4, you load in so f'n quick

Only person to beat me was a PC with SSD, everyone else was "Viewing Cutscene" in Turn 4

I use to be the butt of the joke for Turn 4 and the 20 second load in, now I load in faster than them and returning the jabs they threw my way =D

So despite the fact I've barely played the game in the last month after my coil static fell apart, I just preordered the PS4 CE off of amazon when I noticed it was still in stock.

I have no self control.

But I do have a collector's edition!
Think about the fat chocobo swag

Also you can always try out the new Duty Finder coil!
please don't do that you'll hate yourself for it

Diagol

I did that recently and noticed the load times for pretty much everything went way down. From booting the system to overall load times, everything was much faster.

Plus, I spent only around $100 Canadian for it so it was totally worth it.

Jomjom

Banned
I did that recently and noticed the load times for pretty much everything went way down. From booting the system to overall load times, everything was much faster.

Plus, I spent only around $100 Canadian for it so it was totally worth it.

This is what I was looking for! Thanks and ordered!

If anyone is looking for one, Newegg has it for $97 before tax with coupon code NEPAXEAST31. I'm lucky I work right next to their warehouse so I'm going to pick mine up at lunch!

Only person to beat me was a PC with SSD, everyone else was "Viewing Cutscene" in Turn 4

I use to be the butt of the joke for Turn 4 and the 20 second load in, now I load in faster than them and returning the jabs they threw my way =D

Yeah I've noticed it's already pretty speedy. The PS4 loads so much faster than the PS3 with FFXIV, even though both have 5400 RPM drives.

orion434

I have the Samsung 840 Pro SSD Drive installed on my PS4! This is Eorzea!!! Almost no loading, I love it!

Gamestop isn't participating in the early access special, if I remember correctly.

Thanx! Looking around elsewhere this is the consensus. Friggin' blows...

APeacefulPanda

Neo Member
Kinda sucks that Early Access still doesn't technically count as owning the game, so the game won't show up in the trophy list yet. Ah well, looking forward to playing all weekend again. Also just joined the GAF company! So that's cool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom