• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomjom

Banned
Kinda sucks that Early Access still doesn't technically count as owning the game, so the game won't show up in the trophy list yet. Ah well, looking forward to playing all weekend again. Also just joined the GAF company! So that's cool

Well if you want to look on the bright side. If you do all the requirements for the trophies this weekend, when it goes live for real on Monday, you'll be able to pop a bunch of trophies at once.

Angelcurio

I have a question for those in the know. I bought the digital PS3 version of the game last january, in preparation for the free PS4 upgrade. On the other hand, i created my SE account last year for the beta, but as with any random page i used a random birthday date. Now when i log into my account, the SE page asks for my birthday date (which as i said put it random).

The question is, can i delete my SE ID account and create a new one, and later link my PSN to this new SE ID? i linked my PSN ID to my SE ID in order to play the PS4 beta, so i don't know if i can unlink them, so i can link the PSN ID with a new SE ID.

Thanks in advance.

Stuart444

Does anyone ever go into the PF groups that say "1 die = kick, MUST ONE SHOT" or something similar?

What usually happens if the person who puts it up dies (or worse, causes the wipe)? I always wonder this but never want to go into those groups.

Zomba13

Does anyone ever go into the PF groups that say "1 die = kick, MUST ONE SHOT" or something similar?

What usually happens if the person who puts it up dies (or worse, causes the wipe)? I always wonder this but never want to go into those groups.

If the person who started the PT ends up wiping first/being bad then their rule doesn't apply to themselves.

K.Sabot

2 people die in the first 20 seconds and the group falls apart.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

Those are the worst parties, it's Douchebag Central when those parties appear on PF
Funny when the PF leader is the one who dies, but blames it on something always....

Also for others here's how my UI looks on the PS4, I'm used to it by now
Streaming:
http://www.ustream.tv/channel/graverobberx-s-ps4-live-show

So I'm considering getting this game since I can get it for real cheap on PS3 and upgrade to PS4 for free. I also have a PC that can run this game perfectly. Id love to lay back and play this on a tv.

Question is: how does this game play on PS4 compared to PC? Is it easy to communicate with players on PS4? Thanks.

Stuart444

Those are the worst parties, it's Douchebag Central when those parties appear on PF
Funny when the PF leader is the one who dies, but blames it on something always..

Which is why I usually don't join them. seen one from a certain person for the last few weeks that regardless of what it is, it always says "must one shot".

Had him in a T2 once, he was the first to die during enrage and the first one to rage quit. Ever since then, I see his PFs all the time, T5, T4, Leviathan EX, etc. Always saying "Must one shot". Will never join them except for ones I am overly confident in just to see how it goes lol. (Though if I did that, I'd treat it like I do with the DF. Expect failure but a win is a win)

WolvenOne

I have the Samsung 840 Pro SSD Drive installed on my PS4! This is Eorzea!!! Almost no loading, I love it!

Installed a similar SSD just a few days ago. Loading times are hecka faster now.

Won't get the full benefit until I swap out motherboards, and can go full SATA3 though. Hopefully that'll happen within the next 2-3 weeks.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

Noi

Kinda sucks that Early Access still doesn't technically count as owning the game, so the game won't show up in the trophy list yet. Ah well, looking forward to playing all weekend again. Also just joined the GAF company! So that's cool

I dunno if people who haven't played the PS3 version don't get it to show up, but I do have it on my trophy list. It's just that the PS3 and PS4 trophy lists are combined. Taken by me last night:

Bk7YRDQCQAAHwLo.jpg:large

Jomjom

Banned
I dunno if people who haven't played the PS3 version don't get it to show up, but I do have it on my trophy list. It's just that the PS3 and PS4 trophy lists are combined. Taken by me last night:

Bk7YRDQCQAAHwLo.jpg:large

Yeah mine showed up with the beta 2. However nothing you do on the ps4 right now will pop a trophy. I'm guessing we have to wait until Monday.

Tabris

So far JST method is not providing any results. Did you go based on local time or JST for the person who got 3 quickly?

Noi

Yeah mine showed up with the beta 2. However nothing you do on the ps4 right now will pop a trophy. I'm guessing we have to wait until Monday.

Ah, that I didn't know. I haven't done any actions that would have gotten me a trophy... yet.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
I tried to add the software security token for the free home point and it says
* You are currently unable to use this service. The service will become available once you have purchased either FINAL FANTASY XI or FINAL FANTASY XIV and registered the accompanying registration code.

I upgraded from PS3 to PS4, i guess it will only start working on monday ?

APeacefulPanda

Neo Member
Well if you want to look on the bright side. If you do all the requirements for the trophies this weekend, when it goes live for real on Monday, you'll be able to pop a bunch of trophies at once.

Oh ok, so all that is being counted up then, awesome! Now I don't feel as bad.

Paprikka

So far JST method is not providing any results. Did you go based on local time or JST for the person who got 3 quickly?

I've gotten 5 so far fairly quickly, but its been mixed results. Server time has been the best for me, as I've gotten the atma in 3/1/2 fates for three of them. JST I got one after about a dozen fates, so it might have just been luck. Then I got one following local time after 2 fates.

Honestly I'd just pick a time and farm for like half an hour, then if you don't get the drop pick another time and farm for the second half of the hour. At worst if this is all just superstition, you're not doing any more work than before.

orion434

Installed a similar SSD just a few days ago. Loading times are hecka faster now.

Won't get the full benefit until I swap out motherboards, and can go full SATA3 though. Hopefully that'll happen within the next 2-3 weeks.

Nice! I'm just so excited to move on from the PS3, now I can raid with piece of mind. Crafting is also faster... and I do a ton of crafting!

Noi

The PS4 collector edition bonuses will only be available on the 14th, right ?
I can't wait for dat fat chocobo.

Yeah, its the same as the original CE bonuses. They didn't go live until 2.0 was out proper, not during Early Access.

Sophia

I've gotten 5 so far fairly quickly, but its been mixed results. Server time has been the best for me, as I've gotten the atma in 3/1/2 fates for three of them. JST I got one after about a dozen fates, so it might have just been luck. Then I got one following local time after 2 fates.

Honestly I'd just pick a time and farm for like half an hour, then if you don't get the drop pick another time and farm for the second half of the hour. At worst if this is all just superstition, you're not doing any more work than before.

I got three in a row earlier, and my guildmate got two as well. Something about the time does influence the droprate. One of our guildmates didn't get anything when I logged off however.

I tried to add the software security token for the free home point and it says

I upgraded from PS3 to PS4, i guess it will only start working on monday ?

Check the MogStation to ensure you actually have the PS4 service on your account. You may have to wait until the early access ends.

redhot_

Question.. So I did the ps3> ps4 upgrade and got this 12 digit code to use but im playing right now. Do I have to use it to be able to play past this weekend?

tenchir

Question.. So I did the ps3> ps4 upgrade and got this 12 digit code to use but im playing right now. Do I have to use it to be able to play past this weekend?

That code is just for downloading the client. You don't actually need it since the client is available to download for free on PSN store. If you were on Beta Phase 2 on the PS4, you can just use that client and it will be patched to retail. You should be able to use your character now if you already did the upgrade.

CLBridges

Duty Finder T5 lol. Well, at least we made it to dive-bombs and snakes, not bad for my first attempt ever, with a PUG nonetheless, and no voice chat. I'm sure it can be done with no voice chat as long as everyone knows their role. It was fun though seeing Twintania up close and personal for the first time.

Noi

If you already had the client from playing Beta phase 2, you don't need that code.

redhot_

If you already had the client from playing Beta phase 2, you don't need that code.

That code is just for downloading the client. You don't actually need it since the client is available to download for free on PSN store. If you were on Beta Phase 2 on the PS4, you can just use that client and it will be patched to retail. You should be able to use your character now if you already did the ugprade.

Ah alright, thanks.

The code I received told me it had already been used when I tried to redeem it through the SEN web store.. but I have the beta 2 client already.. so I should be ok.

WolvenOne

Question.

Are there any power-leveling options made available when you create an alt? I can foresee a time when multiple groups need my services for second Coil, and it'd be nice to have the option of bypassing the lockout at least once per week. However, the first time I played through the game, it took me weeks to get to 50, and at least in the short term I'm too busy with the end game to really spend that much time leveling again.

I mean, with leveling other classes at least, you have double XP, so you don't need to invest a lot of time to make steady progress.

Sophia

You can power level to 15 at the least in Southern Thanalan. At the topmost corner of the map, there are Cactuar everywhere. Have the low level character pull them, then have a high level character NOT in the party finish them off. Works well if the high level character is a White Mage due to Regen bringing the enemy automatically to them.

There are other spots like this too, including some that may take you past level 15, but I don't know this.

supergiz

I was just able to buy it from the PlayStation Store on my android phone for free. How is this possible? I already have just the PC version I do not have the PlayStation 3 version.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I was just able to buy it from the PlayStation Store on my android phone for free. How is this possible? I already have just the PC version I do not have the PlayStation 3 version.
The client is free to download but you need a license to play. All ownership is handled through a separate Square account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom