• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceface

Hey guys let's have a full Ultros GAF run of CT2 on Tuesday night. Say 10pm eastern? We can go in blind for maximum hilarity. Cause you always go full GAF.

The only issue would be deciding on the three chosen tanks. Although I guess with premade parties you could always bring more?

Ken

Hey guys let's have a full Ultros GAF run of CT2 on Tuesday night. Say 10pm eastern? We can go in blind for maximum hilarity. Cause you always go full GAF.

The only issue would be deciding on the three chosen tanks. Although I guess with premade parties you could always bring more?

i can't wait for grimm to roll on more drg pants

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™

I am in. Hopefully I'll gear up these coming days :p

BadRNG

I'm losing my rag here - my inventory and retainer inventory are filling up ridiculously fast with pretty much nothing else but food and crafting materials. What do I do with the food seeing as I never use them? Crafting is something I'm going to research in to and I have all these materia's from converting old weapons/armor which I see can give my stuff nice benefits but I'll need to also research in to that.

Any recommendations? I see I can only sell 20 items at a time with my retainer which isn't great.

Running out of space quick though so any tips would be great. Primarily on the food and crafting stuff though as they make 90% of my space. :p
Sell everything crafting/food related if you can buy it from vendor, use http://xivdb.com/ or a similar database to find out if it is available. If the market board price isn't worth it (probably won't be unless HQ), just sell all that junk to vendor. Sort through retainers and make sure there is nothing that could be shared between the two, personally I assign each retainer a category and only deposit items from that into it so I never worry about that.

For materia, I'd highly recommend saving all of that if you ever plan on leveling up crafting and spiritbonding. If you don't have interest in that stuff and are on Ultros, I'll buy any grade 1/2 for 500gil in bulk just message Krael Bastion. After taxes this is usually about what you'll get on MB for most of the stuff. Big exception are the actually useful lower grade materia like Det/Crafting/Gathering, those you should sell on MB as they are usually worth a lot more. Anything G3 or higher can usually be sold for decent profit as well, even the elemental resist crap often sell due to people playing the transmute lottery.

Yeah, personal housing will likely be a nice chunk of Gil. I might just stay with my FC room until later, despite needing/wanting a place in Ul'dah [superior location, IMO.]

Unless a bunch of Gill falls into my lap, personal housing will likely be a while. But, let's face it, it will be a while anyway, considering it likely won't make it into the game for a decent amount of time.

I'm not so sure I would want to trust my loan to someone who doesn't yet have an avatar on the GAF guildworks site. It seems kind of shady, IMO.

Yeah, if they make it unable to kick someone in the FC if they have a room, there's going to be a lot of trolling for sure. The only thing I can think of is that, as I mentioned earlier, when someone purchases a room, it can be used in any/all FC's. That way, if the guild leader has no choice but to forcibly remove someone from the guild, that booted player still has access to a FC room, but not in that particular guild. All of their belongings and such will remain, since they're stored on their retainer. Of course in-room items will need to be replaced, since that's with the Free Company.

I know they said that a player can't be removed if they have items in an FC room, but if that's true, I can see a lot of "griefing" from discontented players.

If thats the case, what happens to players who stop playing after a while? The fc clears out players that haven't played for a bit to make space for new players. That could be an issue at some point.

Operation Level LTW To Make Gear For Miner somehow turned into me spending a couple of Engineering Manual IIs spamming quick-synth of Iron and Steel Ingots as a BSM.

Crafting is a dangerous pit of interconnected time-thievery.

(and, I know, for jerks. But I'm a jerk. So it's okay!)

I honestly don't think a level 50 LTW on its own is enough to HQ the miner gear. I have a lvl 50 LTW all the classes at at least 15, CUL at 50 (you need the skill they give you at 37), the HQ LTW gear (but not melded), the blue tool you get for completing the lvl 50 quest, the secondary tool and still I'm pretty sure I can't reliably HQ 1 star recipes with NQ mats.

Unless you're interested in going into the rabbit hole (and it sounds like you might), I think it's better to just spend the gil to buy the gear.

Carbonox

get rid of everything but gear and bikinis

did you get your second free retainer? if you did you could always buy more retainers for real money :>

Where do you get the second free retainer? I only have one atm.

Just keep hq items...and anything like cotton cloth and yarn can be sold since you can buy it easily from vendors. If it's buyable via vendors, sell it

Thanks, food-wise the same yeah? I can just get rid of all the food I have? I don't even use it... I guess I could just make more via the culinarian job if that's what it's for.

Ken

Where do you get the second free retainer? I only have one atm.

I think you can just hire a second one from where you got the first one? maybe you need to be at a certain point of the story or level to do it though can't remember

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Speaking of the crafting rabbit hole...

Afq2CSW.png

I'm deep into it trying to dig myself to lv 50. Please send help.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Sell everything crafting/food related if you can buy it from vendor, use http://xivdb.com/ or a similar database to find out if it is available. If the market board price isn't worth it (probably won't be unless HQ), just sell all that junk to vendor. Sort through retainers and make sure there is nothing that could be shared between the two, personally I assign each retainer a category and only deposit items from that into it so I never worry about that.

For materia, I'd highly recommend saving all of that if you ever plan on leveling up crafting and spiritbonding. If you don't have interest in that stuff and are on Ultros, I'll buy any grade 1/2 for 500gil in bulk just message Krael Bastion. After taxes this is usually about what you'll get on MB for most of the stuff. Big exception are the actually useful lower grade materia like Det/Crafting/Gathering, those you should sell on MB as they are usually worth a lot more. Anything G3 or higher can usually be sold for decent profit as well, even the elemental resist crap often sell due to people playing the transmute lottery.

<_<

>_>

If you plan on doing the culinarian class, I would actually advise that you at least hold onto at least 1-2 of each food you have. Depending on what you have, you can just easily turn them in for quick exp for either a class quest or a Grand Company provisioning mission

Maybe it's because I alternate between crafting and gathering each day but I find leveling up the gathering classes much faster. So far, I got all three classes up to Level 20 or higher while all the crafting classes are below 20 (with goldsmith being the highest at 17 or 18)

Teknoman

I am in. Hopefully I'll gear up these coming days :p

Count me in. Also I thought we couldnt que as an alliance yet?

Edit: i had no idea you could hire a second retainer!

For FSH it is. Far cheaper to just make the leve items yourself or have someone make them for you though

I've only really done miner, which I have at 35. All the leves ask me to mine specific points. The only turn in ones I've found are the daily GC ones. If I can pay my way for FSH I might just do that (I have it at around level 10 and I haven't fished once yet)

I remember that first night I streamed our all-GAF CT to much hilarity. I'm up for doing that again for CT2.

iammeiam

I honestly don't think a level 50 LTW on its own is enough to HQ the miner gear. I have a lvl 50 LTW all the classes at at least 15, CUL at 50 (you need the skill they give you at 37), the HQ LTW gear (but not melded), the blue tool you get for completing the lvl 50 quest, the secondary tool and still I'm pretty sure I can't reliably HQ 1 star recipes with NQ mats.

Unless you're interested in going into the rabbit hole (and it sounds like you might), I think it's better to just spend the gil to buy the gear.

Yeah, I've got everything DoH to at least 15, half in the 20s, so I'm partway in already--I'd initially figured I'd get Miner to 50 first since it doesn't require cross-class skills to get at everything, but then ran into the whole endgame gearing cost thing/there was actually nothing available on the MB for the body/legs/hands when I hit 50 (I know I can buy the mats and ask for someone to make it, but that's usually my last-resort option.)

My current plan is to just push LTW to 50 and see what if anything I can do on my own. I'm hoping desynth means getting the occasional do-over when NQing an HQ attempt. Even if I can't ultimately craft things myself when I get it there, it'll be nice to do my own melds for a chunk of the gear. Plus in-dungeon repair will be nice to have access to for at least some of my DoW armor.

Count me in. Also I thought we couldnt que as an alliance yet?

Edit: i had no idea you could hire a second retainer!

Until 2.35 or whenever they decide to actually put some work into it, you can't. However you can queue with 3 premade groups and queue in a different lanquage which will guarantee you get in together, unless others are doing the same.

Yeah, I've got everything DoH to at least 15, half in the 20s, so I'm partway in already--I'd initially figured I'd get Miner to 50 first since it doesn't require cross-class skills to get at everything, but then ran into the whole endgame gearing cost thing/there was actually nothing available on the MB for the body/legs/hands when I hit 50 (I know I can buy the mats and ask for someone to make it, but that's usually my last-resort option.)

My current plan is to just push LTW to 50 and see what if anything I can do on my own. I'm hoping desynth means getting the occasional do-over when NQing an HQ attempt. Even if I can't ultimately craft things myself when I get it there, it'll be nice to do my own melds for a chunk of the gear. Plus in-dungeon repair will be nice to have access to for at least some of my DoW armor.

To get LTW to 50, unless you want to spend a lot of money, it's better to do it along some of the other ones as well. I did ARM as well since a lot of the armors need leather and vice versa. If you can make your own mats, you'll save a lot of money and it's useful since you level up the others as well.

Kandinsky

Yay!, I just tried Garuda by mistake (was trying that roulette thing) and well we won at the first try, everything went smooth and nobody was close to die, my healing confidence is back! lol

Frumix

Suffering From Success
CT2 party sounds nice if people can actually gather up for it.
Premades for CT do not allow freeform composition because the game cannot guarantee two other parties will be okay with that.
Unless they actually introduce alliance premade in 2.3 which I don't think they will?

Re: housing, I always thought Lavender "Discount Shire" Beds looked the best.

The only thing that was costly when I leveled LTW was Boarskins. With all the changes they've implemented to drop rates and such, I imagine that's a non-issue now (just like Fleece).

The only thing that was costly when I leveled LTW was Boarskins. With all the changes they've implemented to drop rates and such, I imagine that's a non-issue now (just like Fleece).
LTW wasn't that big an issue for me. Had GSM, WVR, and CRP at 50 and CUL and ALC at 15. It helped me hq stuff without having all hq items

aceface

Hey everyone, we're looking for a bard or summoner for our coil static party on Ultros. We raid on Sundays and Mondays from 9pm - 12am eastern US time. Looking for i90+, having second coil open is a plus, but we can take you through first coil if needed. Shoot me a pm if interested.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
So, after tanking stuff for a while, I'm still wondering how my speed is for leading a party through a dungeon. I've done everything up to Toto Rak, and usually runs have been in the 25-30 minute range. Is that about average? Is there much I can do to trim some time off those while leveling up?

Kinda curious, has anyone gotten their DS4 working correctly in this game on PC? I used DSTool, and the touchpad still isn't working despite the fact that I have OX/\[] + Touchpad selected. I'd love to get it working for when I just want to gather or when I level alt classes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom