• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Kawazi nowhere to be found. Confirmed for carried.

Congrats guys.

iXf7aCXPboy8w.png

iAOUSHMAmq3Zm.png

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Maaaaaaaaaaaan I'm so glad we got that down before patch. Feels good after putting in a load of work getting the fight down.

chrono01

Maaaaaaaaaaaan I'm so glad we got that down before patch. Feels good after putting in a load of work getting the fight down.
Indeed. We definitely put in a lot of time, with a few playing at some very strange raid-times. I thank them for their sacrifice.

Nice work, everyone.

Thanks! Funny enough we almost one shot it our first time in today. Got to 5% for the first time, crazy stuff!

Once that final phase clicks, it becomes like clockwork. You'll be able to 1-2 shot it every week now. Once our group gets to turn 9 every week, we all just think "Time for the easiest turn!" since there is no RNG to potentially screw up the run and increases in DPS will only make it go faster without needing to make adjustments to your strategy.

chrono01

Thanks! Funny enough we almost one shot it our first time in today. Got to 5% for the first time, crazy stuff!
That was when I knew we had it tonight or, at least, that we were going to be really close. Apparently others felt the same, which is why we stuck through it until our win [I thank them for it].

Nice to have the rest of the week off. I'll probably spend the time farming materials for Lava Toad Legs, since I need the two-star version of them to have even accuracy to use my new Staff [until I get some Second Coil drops, anyway]. Should be semi-relaxing.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Once that final phase clicks, it becomes like clockwork. You'll be able to 1-2 shot it every week now. Once our group gets to turn 9 every week, we all just think "Time for the easiest turn!" since there is no RNG to potentially screw up the run and increases in DPS will only make it go faster without needing to make adjustments to your strategy.

Yeah, though I died a few times like a scrub in our win run lol. Pro tip: do not stack for beam with 3000 health.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Managed to get MRD to 30 and unlock WAR, which was nice. Now it's off to get GLD to at least 22 for provoke, though may. I'm finding it quite a bit different tanking with GLD, but am getting the hang of it. While I'm still leaning toward going with WAR, I may take PLD to 50 as well before deciding which class I want to take through the loot treadmill.

Cloudy

Banned
LMAO I stopped my automatic renewal to play Wolfenstein and WatchDogs so I decided to play a bit tonight before I'm locked out. 4 hours later, I'm almost about to turn the auto-renwal back on. This game is crack

Shamdeo

LMAO I stopped my automatic renewal to play Wolfenstein and WatchDogs so I decided to play a bit tonight before I'm locked out. 4 hours later, I'm almost about to turn the auto-renwal back on. This game is crack

You're here forever.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I play the game every day. It's probably one of the most addicting games I have ever played.

Tabris

hey if we get eo 40% turn 8 at 6m30s-ish, is our dps good enough?

i.e. we get allagan field around 6m30s. Can't tell exactly as we've been wiping sometime after. I think maybe even at 6m mark.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
hey if we get eo 40% turn 8 at 6m30s-ish, is our dps good enough?

i.e. we get allagan field around 6m30s. Can't tell exactly as we've been wiping sometime after. I think maybe even at 6m mark.

You have 11 minutes to kill it. So probably yes.

alstein

I play the game every day. It's probably one of the most addicting games I have ever played.

FFXIV is something special so far- I just want to lvl up so I can get to the real part of the game with friends- not digging the main story quest as much- feels too single-player.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
It's weird. I played WoW for 8 years, and FFXIV has it's fair share of similarities in the combat department. I'd thought I was done with the genre after WoW, but FFXIV sucked me back in and I'm playing far more than I care to admit. >_<

Frumix

Suffering From Success
People who purposefully sabotage the party then go "Why are you whining? Tee hee" when you're amazed at their idiocy need to die in a fire. I'm not even sure I'm making a metaphor here.
It just doesn't compute. I know it's fun to annoy people to some twats, but like... aren't you wasting your own time for this, too?
Highly illogical.

Carbonox

With my level 41 Paladin I've reached the point where I can do the Stone Vigil but I'm bricking it. Since Brayflox I've stopped looking forward to dungeons and now get intimidated trying them. Fuck.

What's going on? I can't seem to connect to the servers right now for some reason, and nothing saying maintenance is going on right now either.

Semper88

With my level 41 Paladin I've reached the point where I can do the Stone Vigil but I'm bricking it. Since Brayflox I've stopped looking forward to dungeons and now get intimidated trying them. Fuck.

Just make sure you've got all your gear up to lvl 40 and go in and face roll with 1,2 and 3.

Oh yeah don't forget to spam FLASH! :D

Ark

It's weird. I played WoW for 8 years, and FFXIV has it's fair share of similarities in the combat department. I'd thought I was done with the genre after WoW, but FFXIV sucked me back in and I'm playing far more than I care to admit. >_<

I'm in a similar boat. Bought the game in the Steam sale and the only reason I haven't started playing it yet is because I can't decide whether I want to play Bard, BLM, Warrior, or Paladin yet.

demonkaze

Slowly getting back up to speed with everything (been gone since November) but there's still an overwhelming amount of changes to wrap my head around.

What is the best website these days for resources, guides etc.? Looking for a PLD 50 progression guide in terms of gear upgrade order and what items to shoot for/buy off the market boards. Also looking for current trends and changes with crafting/mining.

Oh, error 2002? Server congested?

Yeaaah right. The North American server is TOTALLY being overloaded with people at 5AM.

Anyone know a fix or will I be playing the waiting game as my reward for accidentally waking up early?

where are you sending your retainers? i have trouble getting good stuff since they nerfed the pachinko. everything seems so worthless.

also grats on clearing the game.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Oh, error 2002? Server congested?

Yeaaah right. The North American server is TOTALLY being overloaded with people at 5AM.

Anyone know a fix or will I be playing the waiting game as my reward for accidentally waking up early?
Sounds like the server died.

iammeiam

Finally decided to try queuing for Levi and Mog EX. Mog, of course, never popped. Levi did, and good god am I terrible at it. This game is really good at setting the max zoom-out to just slightly below what you'd need to see everything. I guess being able to see every possible spout location at once would make dodging too easy; controller camera speed on PC seems slower than on PS4, even with sensitivity maxed, which is weird.

In slightly better news, I installed ACT and parsed myself on some trials and I'm not terrible. Not performing up to my iLvl's full potential, I think, but passable.

plake

I'm in a similar boat. Bought the game in the Steam sale and the only reason I haven't started playing it yet is because I can't decide whether I want to play Bard, BLM, Warrior, or Paladin yet.

Start with a tank if you want no queues and an easy ride. You are however expected to read up on dungeons a bit before since you take the lead. BLM is fun and not as demanding but you will spend endless hours in queues for content and will be much slower to max lv. I suggest a tank at first. It's not hard!

Ark

Start with a tank if you want no queues and an easy ride. You are however expected to read up on dungeons a bit before since you take the lead. BLM is fun and not as demanding but you will spend endless hours in queues for content and will be much slower to max lv. I suggest a tank at first. It's not hard!

Huh really? I'd have thought levelling as a dps to first learn the dungeons would be better. I'll keep that in mind then.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I play BLM, and I should warn you that THM is really dull to play for much of it's progression. Only really gets interesting when you get procs. Love it now though.

My advice to aspiring BLMs would be to level another class to 50 (perhaps BRD, since you'll need level 15 archer anyway and I found it fun from the get go) then rush through the BLM progression.

IMBored

Gaf pro crafters advise me what class should I go for the artisan's tool, between crp, ltw, wvr and possibly gsm. I probably only have materia/gil for one melded set for now, thinking of weaver because the high end stuff they make sells well and you know those pajamas will be an hot item.
Also, any advice on the meld for each piece is appreciated.

Enjolras

Neo Member
Huh really? I'd have thought levelling as a dps to first learn the dungeons would be better. I'll keep that in mind then.
The funny thing about tanking dungeons is that while it helps to know how the trash pulls go, or the right direction to go in, when it comes to explaining mechanics in boss fights you'll generally find yourself out of your depth. A large majority of your time will be "sit there and take damage", while DPS/healers will be kiting mobs, killing adds, triggering bombs, firing cannons, and ensuring that some attacks are lured away from the main group.

I've had a few problems while levelling MNK when I'm expected to do things that I've never had to notice before. So, tanking's actually one of the easier roles in dungeons in terms of figuring out the puzzles - and all that's left for you to do is hold aggro and stay alive.

(End game does get a bit trickier on the tank mechanics, which makes things a lot more interesting - tank swaps, adds that need to be managed efficiently, actually using the limit break...)

WolvenOne

Okay, about ready to give up on DRG class, I just cannot seem to find a layout that works for me on controllers. I mean I know the rotation, but it feels clumsy, I make a lot of mistakes, and weaving in off-GCD attacks feels clumsy as heck.

Probably stuck with it until I can level another DPS class for T8. And yeah, I know other people have found crossbar layouts that made sense to them, but that was probably over the course of months. I've completely rebuilt my cross bar about five times this week, and at this point each one feels more awkward than the last.

I've had a lot of people suggesting Monk to me, but other people have said that class feels clumsy on a controller too.

demonkaze

Slowly getting back up to speed with everything (been gone since November) but there's still an overwhelming amount of changes to wrap my head around.

What is the best website these days for resources, guides etc.? Looking for a PLD 50 progression guide in terms of gear upgrade order and what items to shoot for/buy off the market boards. Also looking for current trends and changes with crafting/mining.

Another thing to add on this, what's a good market board shield before getting relic? still using the GC one i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom