• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

IvorB

I'll never understand these patch hours. Right in the time people with jobs get to play. In a game that requires a monthly sub. Yeah, let's piss off the people with money to actually pay the sub instead of the people at home on a weekday at noon.

Really interested to see how the Chocobo breeding will turn out.

Um... it's not the same time all over the world you know.

Um... it's not the same time all over the world you know.

Yes, but the US servers are in Canada. Maintenance will certainly occur at night there. Every single maintenance has been at those hours.

I assume they think less people are online at that time, which may very well be true. But the people with jobs are on at that time during the week and it's very annoying for us.

Yes, but the US servers are in Canada. Maintenance will certainly occur at night there. Every single maintenance has been at those hours.

I assume they think less people are online at that time, which may very well be true. But the people with jobs are on at that time during the week and it's very annoying for us.

All servers are patched at the same time as to not give any one server content before another does. They are all patched and also run on Japanese time since it is a Japanese game.

IMBored

So are the EU servers, and the maintenance it's at the same time in the JP servers.

All servers are patched at the same time as to not give any one server content before another does. They are all patched and also run on Japanese time since it is a Japanese game.

That may be true for content patches (which used to be all day long, at least for 2.2), but scheduled maintenances are also done at night on week days.

Cmagus

The gardening stuff seems like it could be tough with so many people needing it. It would be cool if we could have something like a flower pot for our personal rooms where we could grow 1-2 things in it for our personal use. The chocobo raising looks neat but either way it's not on the top of my list for this patch.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I can understand tying the Chocobo Raising to gardening...but I think it sort of kills the appeal of it. Again, unless you can have a flower pot in your personal room, they are locking out a shit ton of people from this feature.

- Have company house
- Have company stable.
- Have a garden
- Grow the seeds
- Have the item to tend the stables

I don't think they thought this through very well...

Frazley

If you usually want an certain product that requires a gardening-produced item that is actually in stock in the company chest, it's possible to just contact me and I'll ask for a fairly reasonable company donation (gil straight in company chest) and then just hand over the item. It's stupendously profitable for the person who receives the items really because I don't control whether or not that player chooses to put the crafted product on the market.

The only problems with handing stuff over to people who want to craft XYZ just for "completionists' sake" is that I try to exchange with people who honestly want the actual item they are going to craft. That shit takes a damn week to grow. It took months of experimentation to get to the current grove of consistent planting right now. I hope that the person who wants those materials actually wants the item.

With chocobo farming coming up I cannot continue growing the current batches of interbreeds designed to continuously farm the crafting materials, since the FC has lots of members and we'll probably have to farm Thavnarian Onion until the end of Eorzea. So the stock of crafting mats from gardening will deplete.

We do have a bucketload of Azeyma Rose in the damn chest though.
Fully hear that. I will request when I want the item that is being crafted. Thanks Drama. :)

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I notice Killthee forgot to copy the most important part of the Chocobo Raising post, which is that the chocobo stables will have to be kept clean.

Dragoons, time to put all that lance-wielding experience into wielding mops and brooms.

As someone with huge experience in dealing with pointless shit, I offer my services. I only accept Thavnairian onions in payment.

I can understand tying the Chocobo Raising to gardening...but I think it sort of kills the appeal of it. Again, unless you can have a flower pot in your personal room, they are locking out a shit ton of people from this feature.

- Have company house
- Have company stable.
- Have a garden
- Grow the seeds
- Have the item to tend the stables

I don't think they thought this through very well...

Or they don't want a bunch of level 20 chocobos in 2 weeks. After getting the first attack skill your chocobo is already useful as DPS. Chocobo Cure is a little farther in, but by level 5 or 6 your chocobo is already pretty powerful. There are marginal gains, but it's not something you need to do. And the bardings are purely decorative. There's no reason for them to make this easy.

Kintaro

Or they don't want a bunch of level 20 chocobos in 2 weeks. After getting the first attack skill your chocobo is already useful as DPS. Chocobo Cure is a little farther in, but by level 5 or 6 your chocobo is already pretty powerful. There are marginal gains, but it's not something you need to do. And the bardings are purely decorative. There's no reason for them to make this easy.

Uh, in a super casual game like this and a companion meant to help everyone, the design decision is very strange. Granted, you will probably be able to have a stable with Personal Housing making this moot...but who knows if they will ever get to Personal Housing. They are dragging their shit on that.

draw4wild

Not to mention there was a significant time investment to get your chocobo to 10. Mines almost to 8 and I've been focusing on it recently while spirit bonding in north than. I hope this doesn't turn into put your rank 1 chocobo in the stable, come back in 2 weeks to a rank 20

Uh, in a super casual game like this and a companion meant to help everyone, the design decision is very strange. Granted, you will probably be able to have a stable with Personal Housing making this moot...but who knows if they will ever get to Personal Housing. They are dragging their shit on that.

I'm saying the amount of help a lvl 1 or 2 companion provides vs a lvl 10 isn't all that much different. There's a difference of course, but it's not a deal breaker. The most powerful attacks are the first you get. The level 10 skills aren't even worth it IMO (when you could only get to level 10 of course). There's no reason leveling up the chocobo should be easy.

IvorB

Not to mention there was a significant time investment to get your chocobo to 10. Mines almost to 8 and I've been focusing on it recently while spirit bonding in north than. I hope this doesn't turn into put your rank 1 chocobo in the stable, come back in 2 weeks to a rank 20

Yeah are we talking about training up our current chocobo that we have or is this about breeding an entirely new one?

Kintaro

I'm saying the amount of help a lvl 1 or 2 companion provides vs a lvl 10 isn't all that much different. There's a difference of course, but it's not a deal breaker. The most powerful attacks are the first you get. The level 10 skills aren't even worth it IMO (when you could only get to level 10 of course). There's no reason leveling up the chocobo should be easy.

I'm saying you are wrong. For example. Choco Regen (Rank 1) is no where near as good as Choco Cure for the healer Choco. Choco Cure being a higher level skill (Rank 4 or 5 IIRC). IIRC, the tank skills get better as well. Higher MND for better cures, etc.

I think you are underestimating some of the Choco skills.

Also, who said lvling them up is easy. Who said these stables would make it happen overnight. Where in this current game would give you THAT idea? Hell, you can't even call your chocobo once its stabled! I think this will make it quicker, yes. But overnight? HA!

Still, they are locking out fuck ton of people from a piece of content 100% of the userbase can use and would enjoy. That's a bit strange to me. This isn't raid content.

Tabris

My rank 9 DPS chocobo stuns mob moves constantly, and it can't be resisted. It's such a huge benefit. You know the Malboro alex map where he binds you then casts bad breath? My choco stuns bad breath most of the time.

Teknoman

i don't even know how everyone leveled their chocobo. i'm stuck at rank 6. not many opportunities around to level him.

Fates + challenge log + Beast quests I guess. Its still pretty tough, so this is welcome.

I'm saying you are wrong. For example. Choco Regen (Rank 1) is no where near as good as Choco Cure for the healer Choco. Choco Cure being a higher level skill (Rank 4 or 5 IIRC). IIRC, the tank skills get better as well. Higher MND for better cures, etc.

I think you are underestimating some of the Choco skills.

Also, who said lvling them up is easy. Who said these stables would make it happen overnight. Where in this current game would give you THAT idea? Hell, you can't even call your chocobo once its stabled! I think this will make it quicker, yes. But overnight? HA!

Still, they are locking out fuck ton of people from a piece of content 100% of the userbase can use and would enjoy. That's a bit strange to me. This isn't raid content.

I havent seen one person thats not in a FC yet though, so is that really locking people out? Doesnt every one in Eorzea try to jump in an FC ASAP?

My rank 9 DPS chocobo stuns mob moves constantly, and it can't be resisted. It's such a huge benefit. You know the Malboro alex map where he binds you then casts bad breath? My choco stuns bad breath most of the time.

And that's a nice to have. I'm not saying there's no benefit to leveling up your chocobo obviously, but it's not like if you don't have it maxed out you'll be missing out on content. Which seemed to be the argument, that why would Square be locking out content that every player wants. Every players needs a chocobo with only a few levels to take on any FATE boss IMO. Sure I'll try to max it out, but if it's too hard it's not really a deal breaker.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Fates + challenge log + Beast quests I guess. Its still pretty tough, so this is welcome.

I havent seen one person thats not in a FC yet though, so is that really locking people out? Doesnt every one in Eorzea try to jump in an FC ASAP?

They also have to have an FC house though.

Look at my current server Balmung. Second highest populated server. There are *far* more FCs than there are housing plots. By a large margin.

Dunan

About to sign up again next week -- wow, this thread has moved!

With all the talk about new dungeons, Ishgard, Shiva, gardening, chocobo raising, and the like, I haven't heard anything about UI fixes. I was profoundly disappointed to load this game up on the PS4 for the first time only to find that the largest possible font sizes for most things (140%) were in fact smaller than even the already-tiny base (100%) sizes on the PS3, so I can't enjoy the beautiful Full HD graphics of the PS4. Any news on a potential 200% or 250% UI size?

Kandinsky

So umm, I just had the worst experience so far in this game, regular Garuda kicked our asses and I feel terrible about it, the tank kept saying HEAL!!! and I wasnt able to keep up with it, awww maybe I should persue another/less stressful class lol

Ken

So umm, I just had the worst experience so far in this game, regular Garuda kicked our asses and I feel terrible about it, the tank kept saying HEAL!!! and I wasnt able to keep up with it, awww maybe I should persue another/less stressful class lol

Yeah Garuda NM is rough for the level and party size. Definitely the hardest of the NMs.

Kintaro

Is this the Sacan I knew and loved in XI? Or was he replaced by.some weaksauce player? The super BRD, NIN, healer and BLM? Lets go man! Lol =)

Kandinsky

Yeah Garuda NM is rough for the level and party size. Definitely the hardest of the NMs.
I'm watching some videos and I think the Tank I got wasnt all that well geared, because he was taking ALOT of dmg, again, compared to those videos.
Is this the Sacan I knew and loved in XI? Or was he replaced by.some weaksauce player? The super BRD, NIN, healer and BLM? Lets go man! Lol =)
FFXI was easy mode compared to this, am I wrong? lol

Wilsongt

Need the garden for chocobo raising?

Welp, don't see that happening. Only two or three people are assigned to use the garden in our FC, and they all have spotty records of being online.

Welp, don't see that happening. Only two or three people are assigned to use the garden in our FC, and they all have spotty records of being online.

Drama is online daily it seems from 6-10 eastern mainly and shes the head person who uses the garden mainly. With that said she still doesn't give me enough pineapples.

Cmagus

We should buy a second small house and fill the front lawn with gardens.

The thing is though, people are only going to be locked out for a little over a month(they already said 2.35 will be about a month after 2.3). Certain stable options will be available at stables in cities then along with possibly personal housing(highly doubt this will make it before 2.4 though even with how much they think it will). Just think of the current stables coming in 2.3 to be a perk for doing what Square wants you to do, like socializing and being part of a guild that came up with the gil for even just a small house.

The majority isn't being locked out of using the stables unless getting the fruit is hell, it's a minority in this case since most people have a fc with at least a small house. If it was a very small amount of people able to make use of any of it, then I highly doubt they would even implement it at this point.

chrono01

I expected 8PM-4AM maintenance time, especially considering that it's a patch/content update, so it doesn't really surprise me. That being said, if my static doesn't get T9 down by then [which, hopefully, we will!], I guess that means our usual Monday won't be happening.

Still, new content! I can't really complain about that. :)

[Come on, BLM buffs!]

WolvenOne

Yeah, this is shorter than some of the past patches, so it's not really a big deal. Just plays something else for a few hours.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I expected 8PM-4AM maintenance time, especially considering that it's a patch/content update, so it doesn't really surprise me. That being said, if my static doesn't get T9 down by then [which, hopefully, we will!], I guess that means our usual Monday won't be happening.

Still, new content! I can't really complain about that. :)

[Come on, BLM buffs!]

8PM Pacific time = 11PM EDT. We'd still be okay :0.

WolvenOne

Also, the fruit is likely to be a tradable item. So after awhile, FCs that are more interested in Gil than Chocobo Raising are likely to start selling said fruits.

Granted, I don't expect them to be cheap, at least not initially, but between what we can produce and what people can buy most people should be okay.

Kintaro

The thing is though, people are only going to be locked out for a little over a month(they already said 2.35 will be about a month after 2.3). Certain stable options will be available at stables in cities then along with possibly personal housing(highly doubt this will make it before 2.4 though even with how much they think it will). Just think of the current stables coming in 2.3 to be a perk for doing what Square wants you to do, like socializing and being part of a guild that came up with the gil for even just a small house.

The majority isn't being locked out of using the stables unless getting the fruit is hell, it's a minority in this case since most people have a fc with at least a small house. If it was a very small amount of people able to make use of any of it, then I highly doubt they would even implement it at this point.

We'll just have to wait and see then. Tieing the fruit with FC gardens already will make it tough for people to get fruit (because FC members will be wanting the fruit of course) And while most people have a FC, most FCs definitely do NOT have FC houses.

Either way, strange decision. That said, a flower pot in personal rooms would alliviate things a bit.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Also, the fruit is likely to be a tradable item. So after awhile, FCs that are more interested in Gil than Chocobo Raising are likely to start selling said fruits.

Granted, I don't expect them to be cheap, at least not initially, but between what we can produce and what people can buy most people should be okay.

Or you could sell them when they're first really expensive, and then start keeping them for yourself once the prices have plummeted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom