• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cmagus

Last post about this but I've added Asuna Amagi as a leader so if you want into the second hunt LS Neo Hunt you can contact:

-Victor Strange
-Asuna Amagi
-Marron Fahl

Reknoc

Got my room but afterwards I realised that since the game wasn't trying to sell me the privalage of having a private room it wasn't drowning me in furniture like PSO2 does. It's gonna be an empty box for a long time :(

Stiill haven't sold my Might materia either. Maybe I should try party finder so I can tax dodge like amazon.

Got my room but afterwards I realised that since the game wasn't [ . . . ] drowning me in furniture [. . . ] It's gonna be an empty box for a long time :(

Spam quick ventures on your retainers for some free fish and furniture. You'll be surprised how fast you get done decent stuff for your room.

Hasney

Eh, I'm spiritbonding in dungeons at the moment. Granted, it is with i70-90 gear since I have better gear for each slot (and a level 30 Meteor survivor ring for that Spiritbond bonus).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
If some people from the other Hunt shell would be so kind as to join the secondary shell, I'm sure a lot of us would appreciate it. Most of the people in here are Hunt newbies and don't have the information network of a Hunt grinder.

dcye

Eh, I'm spiritbonding in dungeons at the moment. Granted, it is with i70-90 gear since I have better gear for each slot (and a level 30 Meteor survivor ring for that Spiritbond bonus).

You're better off having an extra ring spiritbonding than using the +1 bonus. Just meld some crap materia into your accessories and it will go like a breeze in Urths Gift.

BadRNG

What is the easiest way to get a gambler's crown and what class do I need to level to do it?
WVR or ARM can do this fastest. ARM at 25, WVR at...uh, 30? Or around there. The pieces that take up both head and body like heavy iron and cowls have four guaranteed materia slots, so you can do all four of those and then overmeld once. I personally don't think it is worth wasting a gear slot for the crown though. The slightly less time to bond doesn't match the gain from getting another piece to convert, but if you don't plan on doing a full set at once I guess it could be worth it.

If you are going to go down heavy spiritbond route then ideally you want WVR/GSM and maybe LTW for completion sake. ARM can do stuff if you are tank, but it doesn't have crafting/gathering materia options which are by far the most reliable profit wise and likely your best option if you want to sell to get gil to buy IV. Trying to actually bind your own IVs is horribly RNG related.

I'm not going into a dungeon with intentionally crap gear. Not gonna waste 3 other people's time.
Good on you.

I hope you know there are plenty of people who would waste your time in this manner, myself included.
Yeah, there are tons of selfish jerks in the world, let's all join in!

That's fine, I have no need to go into the ilvl 70 dungeon in ilvl 110 gear if I have better uses for other gear.
And your needs are the only ones that matter.

Hasney

You're better off having an extra ring spiritbonding than using the +1 bonus. Just meld some crap materia into your accessories and it will go like a breeze in Urths Gift.

I did, I spiritbonded my entire right side before bringing out of retirement. The +3 bonus does help along with the GC potion and I'm not doing anything special, the %'s are just heading up as I get through my ATMA books.

IMBored

I do the ST fodder pulls in all crafting il50 gear. Nobody noticed yet, so many people, so many dps, and I get about 30% sb per run, without potions. Another nice place I found is near the mor dhona fishing spot, rathefrost, the sprites there are really close to each other and easy killed.

draw4wild

You should also wishlist all the materia you want on the MB and check it every chance you get. It'll depend on luck but sometimes you get people who put them up for super cheap. I got a couple of my crit and det IV's that way.

This is a good idea just to track the ebbs and flows of the prices too. I've actually been selling off a lot of the IVs I had stockpiled since the prices are almost double what they were hovering at. I think all the people who had animus done when novus was introduced and only did their daily map are sitting at about 50 alexandrite and just starting on IVs which is what shot up demand and that will tail off over the next month as people finish. I'm hoping I'll be able to flip for a 2 for 1 at that point.

This is going to sound like a humblebrag, and I'm sorry if it does, but is it really such a big deal to spirit bond accessories in dungeons if your left side (weapon in particular) is at a high level? When I turn up for dungeons in my SCOB gear, I'm constantly taking aggro and have ended up changing my play style with the expectation that this'll happen. (AOE rotation: fire 3 -> fire 2 -> AM to tank -> continue) Stuff does die quickly, but it gets messy and it's pretty hard on the healer, and I imagine it's annoying for everyone else too - monsters going everywhere screws up melee DPS and makes the dungeon a pain for the tank. I usually finish the dungeon feeling like the antisocial jerk player of the run.

I've been thinking about how to deal with it, but so far all I can think of is to play inefficiently or to use weaker gear, which is the problem that people have with SBing in the first place. (Quelling Strikes is nice, but I can't use it for every trash pull unless the tank is speed running, and I can't expect every tank to be able to or want to do this just because of me.)

dramatis

Okay, so I'm sure most of you know I've been playing since the game came out but I'll be honest. I've got no idea how I will get enough gil to buy the materia for my Novus weapon. I have about 3 million to work with now. The only non-battle 50 I have is botanist. I also have 4 level 50 retainers. Can anyone give me some realistic ideas for how to earn some gil?

Any tips and advice are appreciated! Thanks!
Check out what your retainers can gather that will make you gil. If you have only lvl 50 botanist, your best hope of making gil in that aspect is probably shards, crystals, and clusters.

Got my room but afterwards I realised that since the game wasn't trying to sell me the privalage of having a private room it wasn't drowning me in furniture like PSO2 does. It's gonna be an empty box for a long time :(
Well, maybe if you let us know who you are we can make you some furniture...

I've been thinking about how to deal with it, but so far all I can think of is to play inefficiently or to use weaker gear, which is the problem that people have with SBing in the first place. (Quelling Strikes is nice, but I can't use it for every trash pull unless the tank is speed running, and I can't expect every tank to be able to or want to do this just because of me.)
I do it as a healer, both change playstyle and equip wuss gear when I see a scrub tank in expert. Because if I get aggro and it's not because of something like pull while regen, I know I'm probably overgeared compared to the tank. If it's a super geared tank trying to zerg everything, I don't change gear.

Reknoc

Is this some sort of trick!? I'm on to you :eek:

3U0ZxbK.png

but seriously it's Ohno Melon, it's no real secret since the FC is full of philistines that cannot appreciate the greatness of Amon's hat and I have selfie'd with said hat itt

already got a plan for a good low-fi room while i'm dirt poor, just need some seals.

If anyone wants a particular piece of furniture for their room, gather up as many of the materials as possible and ask in FC chat and one of us will put it together for you as long as we're not pre-occupied. You can also get furniture from your Grand Company in exchange for seals. Nothing too interesting, but it's a start. Also, check the Free Company chest whenever you can. A lot of people dump furniture in there.

Check the spreadsheet in the administration forum on the website under 'Member Tracking'. It has a complete member list of the nearly 1000 people that have signed up on our website and I have a lot of members' NeoGAF names paired with each respective user now. I have been updating it all week to clean up the recruitment page and give us a better way to track our members.You should also have access to make updates.

orion434

Yesterday I participated in my 1st S-Rank Hunt... Mind Flayer. There were so many players that even with a PS4 + SSD drive it was blinking in and out!

Got my 1st Oil of Time and Unweathetered my ring. I capped my myth and bought a bunch of mats. Wow I have enough for another Animus Book and already cashed in on being capped lol

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
We're trying to free up some space in the hunt LS, but a second back-up isn't a bad idea. If you're not hunting, please leave the main LS, it's kinda flooded as is!

This so much. Why do dungeons when there's Urth's Gift is there for SB. If someone is at the found just party with them and it will go even faster.

We're trying to free up some space in the hunt LS, but a second back-up isn't a bad idea. If you're not hunting, please leave the main LS, it's kinda flooded as is!

A new one was already made last night by Marron Fahl I believe(someone correct me if I'm wrong). Wouldn't be a bad idea to have people who are active in the first one to be in the second so that the hunt info can spread faster(STALKHAWK!).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom