• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raxious

You'll need a blacksmith then, I'm not 50 at that yet. Just to confirm are you on the ultros fc? If so just say ingame, most times someone is on.

Also, new DOH/DOL weapons l75, not much pint in upgrading from the l70 ones then.

I'm not in there anymore, got in there twice, and got kicked twice for being online for 2 days. Since then, I've not been a member. So, if there's someone here that's willing to craft my weapon.

Tabris

Wasn't BLM supposed to get a boost?
I'm not riding, but 3 skills that I don't even remember using getting getting a slight boost and a huge nerf to manawall doesn't sound like what I've been expecting.

This is an absolutely huge boost:

Fire Potency has been increased from 150 to 170.
Blizzard Potency has been increased from 150 to 170.
Fire III Potency has been increased from 220 to 240.
Blizzard III Potency has been increased from 220 to 240.

Essentially BLM's DPS increased 9% Our BLM parses at 280ish on T8 and now will be doing 305+

dramatis

Why.. why would they nerf Manawall? It was excellent when you aggroe'd after some AOEs and needed defense while the tank did his job.
It's not actually nerfed. The original duration of Manawall was 60s, and chances are if you activated Manawall you knew you were getting hit once or twice during those 60s. They reduced the time on the status to 20s; however, chances are if you activated Manawall you know you're getting hit within the next 20s.

Twenty seconds is more than enough time to get hit twice really, in most of the endgame fights.

Mairu

Players can now display their target's remaining HP as a percentage on the target bar and focus target bar.

hooray

Shield Oath The effects of Shield Oath will not be lost upon incapacitation.

hooray.

WolvenOne

Plus 100 Myth tome for helping a player clear a first Coil turn for the first time? And a additional 5 percent echo?

.... Okay, time to get everyone in the FC past first Coil.

This update seems to have made it significantly easier to get myth tomes.

Many dungeons getting an upgrade such as CT going from 150 -> 200
Some roulettes getting an upgrade such as Main Story 80 - > 100 (or was it 110?)
Many dungeons/trials getting an upgrade if you are with a first timer (Most HMs)

Sweet! Do these changes also go live on the 8th?

I have untill the Stone one, and I only ever get to lvl16 ones.

Anything under 50 is in the low level roulette.

IvorB

Why.. why would they nerf Manawall? It was excellent when you aggroe'd after some AOEs and needed defense while the tank did his job.

I don't know mate, I really don't know.

It's not actually nerfed. The original duration of Manawall was 60s, and chances are if you activated Manawall you knew you were getting hit once or twice during those 60s. They reduced the time on the status to 20s; however, chances are if you activated Manawall you know you're getting hit within the next 20s.

Twenty seconds is more than enough time to get hit twice really, in most of the endgame fights.

That's a pretty big nerf from where I am sitting. 60s to 20s?

Though the damage boosts are nice I guess. All the better to burn them all with mwah ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

Sorian

Banned
I don't know mate, I really don't know.

That's a pretty big nerf from where I am sitting. 60s to 20s?

Though the damage boosts are nice I guess. All the better to burn them all with mwah ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

If your manawall was up for more than 20 seconds anyway then you were just clicking the button without thinking.

Edit: I'm more annoyed that our sleep duration dropped from 30 seconds to 15 seconds.

WolvenOne

I suspect the adjustment to the Myth tomes the boss drops in Brayflox, may end up ending those, "first two bosses only," Myth runs.

Congrats on t9!

Players may now, on occasion, receive unhidden maps from treasure chests discovered via treasure maps. Using these unhidden maps will reveal the location of treasure chests with even more rare and valuable rewards.

Oh man, time to start stacking those treasure maps again @@

dramatis

If your manawall was up for more than 20 seconds anyway then you were just clicking the button without thinking.

Edit: I'm more annoyed that our sleep duration dropped from 30 seconds to 15 seconds.
The Sleep duration reduction is only for PVP.

WolvenOne

I was briefly really stoked to see another Mistrals Ballad quest, then I saw it was just Savage Mode Coil. XD

Incidentally, that's just Second Coil right? Would really enjoy Savage versions of first Coil, but the patch notes seem to indicate that this is a Second Coil only thing.

I've never done it, down to give it a shot.

Come Tuesday, it'll be a heck of a lot easier to find somebody willing to take you through this for the first time, including yours truely. I'd offer to do it this weekend of course, but, well suffice to say I'm not entirely selfless, those extra Myth tomes man! XD

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I was briefly really stoked to see another Mistrals Ballad quest, then I saw it was just Savage Mode Coil. XD

Incidentally, that's just Second Coil right? Would really enjoy Savage versions of first Coil, but the patch notes seem to indicate that this is a Second Coil only thing.

Come Tuesday, it'll be a heck of a lot easier to find somebody willing to take you through this for the first time, including yours truely. I'd offer to do it this weekend of course, but, well suffice to say I'm not entirely selfless, those extra Myth tomes man! XD

You need to clear Turn 9 to even get into brutal mode coil.

- Winebaud's Riddles
"The Greatest Story Never Told" is a heretofore unseen type of quest wherein adventurers must employ their wits to solve riddles and unravel a great Eorzean mystery. With no guidance from the journal or duty list, adventurers must listen carefully to the words of NPCs and decipher clues to determine their next course of action.

this almost sounds like old-school FFXI quests where all you had to go in is the NPC dialog.

Sorian

Banned
Ah, well, guess whether it's Second Coil only or not is going to be moot for awhile then. XD

Well I'd assume the addition of first coil savage would just need you to have cleared turn 5 but now that it's out of order I also wouldn't be surprised if they said you need to have downed all of second coil in savage to get back into first coil for savage.

WolvenOne

It is second coil only. They are versions of the fight that the developers created first before tuning them to what we currently have.

Not surprising. I heard a few peeps talking about Brutal versions of first Coil, but I kinda figured that'd be more work.

Shame the reward isn't better for Savage mode, yet. I thought I heard something about them putting in better gear for it eventually.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Yay they finally added actions for mounts.

These patch notes look great. The final ones will have even more.

Sorian

Banned
Not surprising. I heard a few peeps talking about Brutal versions of first Coil, but I kinda figured that'd be more work.

Shame the reward isn't better for Savage mode, yet. I thought I heard something about them putting in better gear for it eventually.

It's an addition that isn't thought out at all. People bitch that the game is too easy but I doubt many will care to actually do hard content with no big reward.

Sorian

Banned
The patch notes also state "The Second Coil of Bahamut (Savage) has been added." No mention of "The Binding Coil of Bahamut (Savage)". Pretty clear to me that it is second coil only.

Someone says they'd enjoy it if first coil was also included and it's misconstrued as being unable to read the patch notes. That sweet sweet irony.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Brutal coil is basically for people like CL, Blue Garter, etc. It's for people who have already cleared second coil and want a new challenge to occupy their time for the sake of prestige. Yoshi-P said this to me at E3:

When we first designed Second Coil, we create it at maximum difficulty and from there we tweak it downwards. The Brutal version will be the un-tweaked version – the first thing we made – and even we haven’t tested it. We want the best players to test it, and we’re not sure if they will ever be able to defeat it. Regular players don’t have to go here, you don’t need to do this – this is just for those super-hardcore players. I won’t be going either.

Whoa, Presence of Mind got a decent bump.

A fourth treasure chest may occasionally appear upon defeating the last boss of Syrcus Tower. The above restrictions do not apply to this treasure chest.

Another housing item? :eek:

WolvenOne

"The chance of a FATE occurring will increase the more time passes since its last occurrence, increasing the overall frequency of FATEs."

No more waiting 5-8 hours for Rare Fates to pop. Between this and all the additional Myth Tomes they're throwing at people, the Animus grind is being hecka nerfed. Now if they'll just increase the Atma drop rate, then I wouldn't mind farming out additional Animus weapons. XD

WolvenOne

*Reads through the list of new items.*

Uh, what are these new, "Augmented," items? At first I thought it was gonna be the dyable AF armor, but there's also Augmented Sorian gear, so... *shrug*

Sorian

Banned
My initial complaint was regarding you thinking Sleep nerf affected PvE. :p

Meh I blame their way of laying out patch notes. Put everything into one section and put applicable labels on each line item instead of turning the whole thing into a book. Some of us have to trudge through this garbage on mobile.

*Reads through the list of new items.*

Uh, what are these new, "Augmented," items? At first I thought it was gonna be the dyable AF armor, but there's also Augmented Sorian gear, so... *shrug*

Huehuehue

dramatis

New items have been added to residential area vendors.
Housing Merchant
Mist
- Classified Documents
Lavender Beds
- The Five Ages
Goblet
- Encyclopedia Eorzea
What the heck are these things, paging Shamdeo
Meh I blame their way of laying out patch notes. Put everything into one section and put applicable labels on each line item instead of turning the whole thing into a book. Some of us have to trudge through this garbage on mobile.
The status duration reductions were clearly listed under PVP adjustments.

WolvenOne

Huehuehue

Gimme a break, I'm operating on 4.5 hours of sleep here. *trying to reset my schedule today.* XD

Ah good point, I completely forgot about that dropping in there now.

While my sleep addled brain may not be thinking this through entirely, it might make sense to putting those extra items off the weekly item lockout system, and simply making them a semi-rare drop that anyone can roll on. It'd certainly give groups incentive to keep running CT2 after getting their item, but would still be hard to get unless you're running it with a static with an established drop hierarchy.

Sorian

Banned
The status duration reductions were clearly listed under PVP adjustments.

Cool, you know what's infinitely easier? All class changes in one spot and putting (PVP change only) after the ones where that is applicable.
Let me complain Drama, it's my thing.

Sorian

Banned
Could totally see them making it a 24 man lot... oh man. Probably easier/quicker just to clear T7 lol.

If that is what's in the fourth chest then it is a 24 man lot, which would also mean the oils and sands would later be added into gang cheat for 24 man lotting fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom