• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

creid

Mannnn I just hope they don't change costs. I've saved up about 1300 allied seals, trying to get a log to drop before I pick up a sand of time.

Reknoc

no need for anymore furniture as my room is complete

BtaJ8ByIYAAzT4s.png

Maybe they should make it like FFXII. Everybody hunts whatever they get on the bill and bills are handed randomly. That case it won't be so clusterfuck on every mark like it is now.

Wilsongt

I wonder what kind of adjustments they'd make. It's not like I have really done hunts to become with because my computer is weak, so it can only get better for me?

Hasney

If hunts get nerfed to the point where it's slow to get Alex again, I'm probably done until the next content patch. Hunts are probably the only thing keeping me coming back right now.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
If hunts get nerfed to the point where it's slow to get Alex again, I'm probably done until the next content patch. Hunts are probably the only thing keeping me coming back right now.

I'm only 8 away from 75 and have gotten them all through daily roulettes and left over myth from running instances.

Does anyone have a guide or something for the Ultima Weapon duty? o___o I just unlocked it and it's my first 8-member-party duty :O!

Edit: Scratch that, it's the Cape Westwind duty o_o

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
At the rate they throw myth at you, depending soley on hunts for alexandrite seems silly

Pretty much. For example, I do the trial roulette every day - that's 100 myth right there plus whatever trial gives you by default. Not to mention a lot of the times you get the new player bonus which is super good.

Ran a Praetorium last night and walked away with 230 myth. Not bad, really.

BadRNG

"Adjustments to Elite Marks' doesn't sound scary at all. If it was 'Adjustments to Hunt rewards' I would be concerned. I'm not a betting cat but if I was, I would say they were just boosting HP again or something.

Mark my words, the extent of the elite hunt adjustments will be another attempt at fixing culling and something else that will make them stay alive longer than they do now.

Yeah, I don't get why everyone is expecting reward nerfs from that. They have literally never implied they have an issue with the rewards, every comment/fix they have put forward thus far has been about making hunts more accessible so more people can do them. Giving elites further priority to prevent the Houdini special skill, and a system to reduce speed of kills is what I expect. I am a fan of the DPS cap idea, so the mobs HP can't drop faster than a certain number, but there's a bunch of different ways to go about it. I could see them making it even easier to get full credit as well to further disincentivize monopolizing mobs.

They talked about making mark bills more rewarding as well, so maybe we will see something there.

Cmagus

I feel the exact same way tbh. If they gimp hunts and I have to go back to grinding dungeons I'll probably take a break. I've done the dungeons so much that I no longer enjoy them at all nor do I want to do them.

I don't get all the backlash over the hunts honestly, I mean sure some things could be tweaked but man it beats dungeons. I haven't bothered to get caught up in the hunt drama stuff and I just enjoy logging in for an hour or two getting some tomes and being done with it.

I got through my Animus and I plan on doing hunts for alex so hopefully they don't nerf it. It's actually a lot if fun playing with others and too many people are spending all day on these it's no wonder drama and stuff arises.

Paprikka

Pretty much. For example, I do the trial roulette every day - that's 100 myth right there plus whatever trial gives you by default. Not to mention a lot of the times you get the new player bonus which is super good.

That new player bonus is one of my favorite things from this patch. Burning down Garuda HM in 5 minutes for almost 200 myth is great.

I also do the trial roulette everyday, but I'm starting to question it. Lately it's been taking a lot longer with newer players. Last night Garuda HM took us about a half an hour since we had a wipe on the first try. I've been in groups with 2 wipes, which take way too long.

With hunts, you just need an A and a B to get the same myth rewards, plus more sol AND 25 of the much more valuable allied seals. Something you can easily get in half and hour with some luck.

Seems I'll be hunting this weekend...

Real talk I'm done buying blood splattered logs. Seals are going straight to alexandrite. I'm i100 right now so I'm good and rather get my novus quicker between that buying maps with myths.

Going to see if this is helpful to anyone: compiling open Coil groups that are part of Ultros GAF on the guildworks site and reposting the list here (since the Coil subforum on the guildworks is only visible to members) every week or two weeks to avoid it coming off as spam.

It's also mainly for players who aren't already in Ultros; I figured it would help if anyone was looking for Coil groups on our server but didn't have a way to check or didn't want to ask.

Open Coil Groups on Ultros as of this post:

Would appreciate feedback if anyone finds this helpful or not as I don't want it to come off as spam or annoying.

I made a new public forum that is visible to everyone. Do you want me to move your post there?

iammeiam

I'm more worried that the post-Novus upgrade step is going to be actually somewhat enjoyable, like the original Relic chain, and make me regret not finishing Animus. Pile on the grinds and I won't care, but non-grindy advancement would be tempting.

omlet

Maybe they'll bring back hamlets!...

I'd actually be OK with this because it would mean giving DoH/DoL something else to do. I really liked Hamlet as a concept but doing it as much as you had to to get anywhere with it in 1.x was just traumatizing. Would need a few changes to work in ARR to not send me screaming just from seeing mention of it.

Oh god no

YoshiP pls no

I can already hear Gizu's maniacal laugh!

On the subject, I'm only 4 alexandrite away from my SCH novus. Although I didn't go full crit and determ and plan to end up with 15 in piety. I can't justify the amount of time/gil it would take to get the grade IV's needed. D:

On the subject, I'm only 4 alexandrite away from my SCH novus. Although I didn't go full crit and determ and plan to end up with 15 in piety. I can't justify the amount of time/gil it would take to get the grade IV's needed. D:

What happened to your vast wealth Bara sensei?

you're bringing down our group with that shoddy animus

Tabris

I made a new public forum that is visible to everyone. Do you want me to move your post there?

That's great. 6/8 members in my static are on GAF, so I was about to have them sign up on NA forums for our static thread but if I can use GAF thread in your public forum that's perfect.

FYI, I'm still marked as a member so I can see all forums. May want to switch me to a guest user or whatever designation.

Man I'm glad I got into this game while it was in its infancy. Random burst of excitement to see how it's going to grow and flourish... or wither and die.

WolvenOne

Never too soon to make a future patch wishlist.

1: Balance out Hunt Rewards.

2: Add an additional method of earning GC Seals, barring this a slight improvement in high level fate rewards would do it.

3: Give post Novus players something else to do with Myth Tomes.

4: PVP Specific Limit Breaks.

5: For the love of everything good and holy, grease the drop rate for Atma already!

6: Make the Guardian in CT2 yell out DESTRUCTO DISC!

7: Savage Labyrinth of the Ancients.

8: Introduce Tier 5 Materia.

Mature

I'd actually be OK with this because it would mean giving DoH/DoL something else to do. I really liked Hamlet as a concept but doing it as much as you had to to get anywhere with it in 1.x was just traumatizing. Would need a few changes to work in ARR to not send me screaming just from seeing mention of it.
I ended up with a positive impression with Hamlets because I never did them to seek out the catalysts or whatever those were called. Just filled holes in groups when it was needed! The funny part is when I was helping out once I ended up getting one of those relic things... I'm sure a couple old Dot people remember that.

I think a sort of third-person tower defense in an MMO setting is a really interesting idea; they could take it a lot further in ARR now that they've fleshed out a lot of the beast tribes too. I'd like to see crafters building balistas and cannons and ammunition and such. Maybe it could be linked to helping beast tribes defend their strongholds against the antagonistic tribes? There's a lot of potential in bringing Hamlets back if they wanted.

Never too soon to make a future patch wishlist.

8: Introduce Tier 5 Materia.
On this one, I know it's hard from a balancing perspective, but i'd like to see more interesting types of materia in general. Maybe a new brand of materia that takes up more than a single slot that affects very specific elements of a job or something.

I think Materia in general isn't a very exciting feature in this game and it more ends up as a process of necessity in crafting. Too bad it seems raid drops will always make crafted gear (and, in turn, materia) irrelevant.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
Gaf,

So I was comparing between Weathered Liberator (DRG) and Gae Bolg Atma/Novus and in terms of stats they're almost similar but it seems that Weathered Liberator is slightly better - once you unweathered the weapon... What do you think? I mean to be honest i'm not so sure if Atma is well worth the time and effort?

Gaf,

So I was comparing between Weathered Liberator (DRG) and Gae Bolg Atma/Novus and in terms of stats they're almost similar but it seems that Weathered Liberator is slightly better - once you unweathered the weapon... What do you think? I mean to be honest i'm not so sure if Atma is well worth the time and effort?

the biggest stat upgrade is weapon dmg. whichever has more weapon damage and is easier for you to get, go for it. Liberator is probably easier to get since sands are raining from the sky while with the novus you have to grind books for animus/materia for novus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom