• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramatis

Wait. Why are we hating on shopping? What is the meaning of this hatred?! tiggerkiddo, explain yourself! :|
They're talking about the Vanille-like run animation female midlanders have, because god forbid females run 'uncutely'. Unfortunately what the animators think is cute just makes the female midlanders look like ditzes when they run, aka "Yay shopping!"

7 more trainings at the stable and ill have my rank 10 tank chocobo armor and chocobo suit wooo
Shit can't you guys train your chocos slower the garden isn't spitting out the seeds I need to make Thav Onion fast enough

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
oie_26141757_AHWaw_CZ9.jpg

Oh yeahhh

Sophia

They're talking about the Vanille-like run animation female midlanders have, because god forbid females run 'uncutely'. Unfortunately what the animators think is cute just makes the female midlanders look like ditzes when they run, aka "Yay shopping!"

Whooosh

I actually like that animation however. :p

Demoskinos

So I'm a BLM who is the proud new owner of a Stardust Rod Animus. Last night I got my novus scroll and was discussing builds with my FC and they claimed that DET on BLM novus was a waste.

Just want to bounce this off of other BLM to see what your opinions are. I'm going to be putting ACC on for sure to help ease meeting the ACC requirements for Coil 2 but the rest of my build is up in the air. Is DET really that much of a waste?

Isaccard

So I'm a BLM who is the proud new owner of a Stardust Rod Animus. Last night I got my novus scroll and was discussing builds with my FC and they claimed that DET on BLM novus was a waste.

Just want to bounce this off of other BLM to see what your opinions are. I'm going to be putting ACC on for sure to help ease meeting the ACC requirements for Coil 2 but the rest of my build is up in the air. Is DET really that much of a waste?

Get a new FC because yours is full of derps. Spell Speed and Det on novus onry.

Crit scales really bad so don't bother with it. The more det you have the better.

I wouldn't put accuracy on it because once you start getting drops, you will be swimming in accuracy. Additionally, the Laevateinn has a huge amount of accuracy on it too, so by putting accuracy on your Novus, you're going to be basically making another Laevateinn. If you're having trouble meeting the accuracy requirement when starting out in SCOB, use food buffs. If you want to min-max, you should be ruthless about accuracy because extra accuracy does nothing.

DET is absolutely not a waste. It is a consistent increase to your damage that always works for you. This is why it is favoured highly on Novus weapons.

Demoskinos

I wouldn't put accuracy on it because once you start getting drops, you will be swimming in accuracy. Additionally, the Laevateinn has a huge amount of accuracy on it too, so by putting accuracy on your Novus, you're going to be basically making another Laevateinn. If you're having trouble meeting the accuracy requirement when starting out in SCOB, use food buffs. If you want to min-max, you should be ruthless about accuracy because extra accuracy does nothing.

DET is absolutely not a waste. It is a consistent increase to your damage that always works for you. This is why it is favoured highly on Novus weapons.

Ok,well ATM I'm 444 acc without food. I've got all the Sol gear/accessory. The reason I was so worried about acc is that it just seems real hard to come by on BLM gear. I'm just curious then what is the acc threshold for Coil 2 stuff?

Ok,well ATM I'm 444 acc without food. I've got all the Sol gear/accessory. The reason I was so worried about acc is that it just seems real hard to come by on BLM gear. I'm just curious then what is the acc threshold for Coil 2 stuff?

451 for T6/T7. T6 drops boots, which can be a BIS piece, and have 25 accuracy on them. The highest value you'll need for SCOB is 471, apparently. If you get a Weathered Laevateinn, that alone has 40 accuracy to tide you over.

Edit: It drops the ring and choker too, which both have 19 acc.

I'm going 44 SS 21 DET and 10 CRIT. I'm sure people are gonna disagree with this but it's how I want to do it

Demoskinos

451 for T6/T7. T6 drops boots, which can be a BIS piece, and have 25 accuracy on them. The highest value you'll need for SCOB is 471, apparently. If you get a Weathered Laevateinn, that alone has 40 accuracy to tide you over.

Edit: It drops the ring and choker too, which both have 19 acc.

Hmm well I can get to 460 with food and once I unweather my gear that might help as well. As well as grabbing the Scylla boots until I can get the coil 2 boots. So I guess knowing that a Spell Speed/DET sounds about my speed. You know ignoring the part right now where DET materia is going to murder my pocketbook.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Any advice for a noob?

Brand new?

• Find a class you like. One character can be any class so you get to experiment once you hit level 10 (have to complete your second class quest).
  • Follow the story quests. They guide to where you should be at your level and to dungeons. (Save some sidequests for other classes that you aren't doing the story quests on)
  • Do your daily dungeon roulette once you hit 16.
  • Do your Guildhests when you get them (mini-dungeons). You get an EXP bonus for doing them for the first time on each class.
  • Unlock your challenge log once you hit 15 (in Limsa Lominsa). Also great for EXP. Resets every week.
  • Be sure to drink your ovaltine.

Hmm well I can get to 460 with food and once I unweather my gear that might help as well. As well as grabbing the Scylla boots until I can get the coil 2 boots. So I guess knowing that a Spell Speed/DET sounds about my speed. You know ignoring the part right now where DET materia is going to murder my pocketbook.

Like the poster above, I didn't go full DET either. I capped on DET III materia, and then just filled in Crit instead of the DET IVs. So it's not ideal, but it's still a great 110 weapon. They said that they have plans to let you redo sphere scrolls in the future, so if I become a multi-millionaire one day, I'll respec.

orion434

Got 3x Mastercraft Demimateria back to back from Artisan Spectacles. When I get to 100 desynthed I'll post a break-down on %'s It's about 2:1 ratio of Fieldcraft III to Mastercraft now.

Prototype

Gathering atmas last night. Got 8 in about 5 hours. I just do a few and if nothing drops teleport to another area and do another 3-4 fates and then move on. I expect to finish the last 4 tonight.

And the next part of the relic quest will require you to desynth primal weapons for your job and collecting certain materia to power it up.

Wow that alexandrite map with the morbol is incredibly easy to solo as a black mage. When it stuns you Swiftcast sleep and wait out you stun before attacking again

draw4wild

I also do the trial roulette everyday, but I'm starting to question it. Lately it's been taking a lot longer with newer players. Last night Garuda HM took us about a half an hour since we had a wipe on the first try. I've been in groups with 2 wipes, which take way too long.

With hunts, you just need an A and a B to get the same myth rewards, plus more sol AND 25 of the much more valuable allied seals. Something you can easily get in half and hour with some luck.

Seems I'll be hunting this weekend...

I've seen exactly the opposite recently with dps being crazy high my last couple trials. Killing garuda with one mistral shreik before reckoning and dying before 2nd sisters. Even had a ST last night where we burned down the 2nd boss before having to jump on the platforms. I may be one of the people who doesn't like hunts, but I'm loving all those dps in 110 weapons now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom