• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Liquid_015

Gold Member
the biggest stat upgrade is weapon dmg. whichever has more weapon damage and is easier for you to get, go for it. Liberator is probably easier to get since sands are raining from the sky while with the novus you have to grind books for animus/materia for novus

That's true I was looking into the Liberator, and it seems you need 10 Rowena's tokens, and an unidentified Tome (which seems to drop from ST). I mean the two weapons have almost identical stats. Though how do you acquire sands of time?

Hasney

That's true I was looking into the Liberator, and it seems you need 10 Rowena's tokens, and an unidentified Tome (which seems to drop from ST). I mean the two weapons have almost identical stats. Though how do you acquire sands of time?

Hunting is the best way. Get 3 log books and trade them for sands.

WolvenOne

If given the proper sub-stats, Novus is always going to be better than most other ilvl110 weapons. Really the best a non-Novus can hope for is a tie.

That said, it does take more work to get a Novus right now, and the difference is pretty small.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
But then by doing the work, you're ready for the next part they'll inevitably add on.

And they'll also add alternatives at the same time just like they did before.
The only advantages to a Novus is its moderate customizeability and realization that you've put more hours into this one weapon than you'll ever be willing to admit.

Hasney

And they'll also add alternatives at the same time just like they did before.
The only advantages to a Novus is its moderate customizeability and realization that you've put more hours into this one weapon than you'll ever be willing to admit.

Er, I think you're forgetting the fact it sparkles?

I've really enjoyed the weapon quest so far. I would probably have left again if it wasn't for it and I've got 2 ATMA books to go. Novus admittedly doesn't look as fun, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Er, I think you're forgetting the fact it sparkles?

I've really enjoyed the weapon quest so far. I would probably have left again if it wasn't for it and I've got 2 ATMA books to go. Novus admittedly doesn't look as fun, but I'm willing to give it a chance.
Yoship got us all by the balls with shiny things. Think about that.
Also, Thyrus Novus shines with piss yellow instead of royal purple of Animus, I can't be doin' with that.

Hasney

Yoship got us all by the balls with shiny things. Think about that.
Also, Thyrus Novus shines with piss yellow instead of royal purple of Animus, I can't be doin' with that.

I'm a man who has owned unusual hats in TF2 in the past. No shame.

either beat turn 8 or get 750 allied seals/3 logs from hunts. 10 rowena tokens is 1300 soldiery so like 3 weeks

CLBridges

Went ahead and renewed my sub. I went a whole week without playing, that means I'm not addicted right? lol

I have my main on Siren still, but started an Alt. (WHM) on Ultros. Seems to be a lot of newbie folks leveling because their were several people in Gridania doing Leves, FATES and quests. Felt really alive during my session today and I appreciate that.

Also, just noticed a little green plant (or something) over the head of new adventurers, including myself. That's a new neat little feature I thought.

random questions about hunts.

Are there third-party stuff helping people find these quick ?

Also, how is the horde rushing in so fast, considering sometimes a GAF is the only one there ? What I mean is, a GAF says he's alone there, I load in, run there and 20 non-GAF people already at the scene.

Shout out to Peach Tree Inn by Drury. Played a little bit on my laptop (left my ps4 at home) and did my expert roulette in Hullbreaker and it went by smoothly with no lag at all. Wifi even

iammeiam

Each rank of elite mark has a respawn timer. People have gotten pretty good at tracking the last time an A- or S-rank spawned, so they know at any given time which zones are 'due' to have their A or S pop, and which zones to monitor. This is basically dedicated MMO players doing what dedicated MMO players do.

There's also a radar addon some users may have; it reads the client memory to check for any elite marks. It's not unlimited range--it can generally only find mobs close enough to be in an area covered by your minimap--but it does mean when people go scouting they can just run through the zone and not actually have to look at the mobs. This is basically cheating, but since it's client-side it's kind of hard to catch.

Also, how is the horde rushing in so fast, considering sometimes a GAF is the only one there ? What I mean is, a GAF says he's alone there, I load in, run there and 20 non-GAF people already at the scene.

Someone may have run up right after and notified their LS, or the GAFfer in question might be a member of a non-GAF hunt LS. Or, if you arrived after the first wave of GAF members, somebody saw a GAF train and hopped on.

People often join other linkshells to post hunt info to their own linkshells. Some FC's like to keep things secret

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Person finds a Hunt -> Notifies his FC and Linkshells -> Someone who saw it relays it to their FC and Link Shells -> SUMMON THE ZERG

Haly

The sad part is, I don't think it's possible to know how much the Hunt community is benefiting as a whole from the radar users. There is really no way to track the chain of callouts to the source and verify whether it was a "legit" find.

It's like a metaphor for America, really. We're all reaping the rewards of ill-gotten gains.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Person finds a Hunt -> Notifies his FC and Linkshells -> Someone who saw it relays it to their FC and Link Shells -> SUMMON THE ZERG
At what point in this process does the entire server GET GAF'D?

Haly

Right after the Zerg is summoned, someone from GAF pulls too early.

I will wait for a crowd for an A or Srank but now, if it's just a B rank I found while doing other stuff, I will only wait until 3-5 appear before it's pull time.

Mairu

Radar's effect on hunts is minimal. It's just people grouping up, tracking death times, and looking in the areas where the re spawn timer is up. The horde comes because as soon as one person sees it, a linkshell sees it, people in one linkshell may be in other hunt linkshells, so they see it too... and if you're near the crystal in that zone you'll see/hear the flood of people teleporting in.

Yeah Mairu is right. The kill time trackers are what is really making these hunts get found so quickly. The radar or whatever is probably pretty much useless by this point. All the areas with potential hunts up have dozens of people combing the map until it spawns.

Haly

I remember someone posted a kill time tracker for Ultros somewhere in the thread. Anyone have the link handy?

Isaccard

We should have a seperate thread for hunts so we can all circle jerk about it there so everyone else can talk about other aspects of the game that [hunts] been overshadowing and have been abandoned/forgotten

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
We should have a seperate thread for hunts so we can all circle jerk about it there so everyone else can talk about other aspects of the game that [hunts] been overshadowing and have been abandoned/forgotten

How about that Ramuh Extreme eh. I lost the roll on the SMN book by 3. :<

that would include bara and i dont think anyone is ready for him to get a buff there

We were ready. SE was not.

ibmLq9edT5ID9D.gif

Haly

Is that a shirtless Hyur or Elezen?

Never realized they were so buff.

Haly

I didn't know Hyurs got to choose from two models, everyone else just change their skin colors.

Haly

And all catboys get is a tail.

I was robbed.

Just gonna post again so maybe a few more people will see:

My all-GAF static coil group on Ultros needs a skilled Dragoon or Monk. Preferred Dragoon but we need someone ASAP so a Monk is fine too. We've cleared T6/7 many times and making good progress on 8.

We typically run on Tuesday and Friday, however sometimes we will do extra days for more practice or for other content (like Ramuh, currently). We run from 9-12 p.m. GMT (1-4 p.m. PST / 4-7 p.m. EST).

We are a fun and relaxed group and while we don't aim for world firsts or anything, we are all very good at our roles so we usually grasp the content pretty quickly.

If you are interested, contact me here via PM, in-game (Haman Karn), or on Guildwork (same).

If I'm not online in-game and I don't respond right away to your PM (which I probably should, but just incase) you can also send a tell to Myra Oriales or Silent Protagonist if either of them are online and they'll be more than happy to answer any questions or pass along your interest to me.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom