• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabris

Weekly check in. My T8 (soon T9) Coil + Patch Release Content static is looking for a SMN to replace ours that is going to school soon and won't have time to play the game. Ideally someone who has T7 kiting experience. Anyone interested?

Seems that the precedent of a fix, made people more angrier and desperate regarding hunts. More "early pulls", more complaints, more witch hunts, more bitterness, more thirst, more shameful shouts.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Seems that the precedent of a fix, made people more angrier and desperate regarding hunts. More "early pulls", more complaints, more witch hunts, more bitterness, more thirst, more bitterness.

Haha yeah. I tried an S rank just to see if anything had changed... nope! Was even pulled early.

Ken

Seems that the precedent of a fix, made people more angrier and desperate regarding hunts. More "early pulls", more complaints, more witch hunts, more bitterness, more thirst, more shameful shouts.

it all seems pretty hilarious to me though

i'm sad i missed the first two weeks of hunts

dcye

Oh, damn. BG getting smoked.

I was watching Hadley stream a week ago and he said when asked about it that they weren't pushing for Savage (or any content) in this patch, and were taking it easy until 2.4 due to a bit of member burnout.

I was watching Hadley stream a week ago and he said when asked about it that they weren't pushing for Savage (or any content) in this patch, and were taking it easy until 2.4 due to a bit of member burnout.

The JPs are really the only ones pushing for Savage Coil. Both BG and CL have not had much luck getting people to commit to the time required to clear Savage Coil, partly because their members simply have not had the time and partly because many of them don't want to anymore.

dcye

If hunts on Ultros really are as bad as you guys make them out to be then there's something very wrong with the people on your server.

dcye

The JPs are really the only ones pushing for Savage Coil. Both BG and CL have not had much luck getting people to commit to the time required to clear Savage Coil, partly because their members simply have not had the time and partly because many of them don't want to anymore.

Yeah EX seem the same though I don't have any first hand info. The reward of "personal glory" probably isn't enough. Still think if they made the Savage gear dyeable it'd entice way more people.

Sorian

Banned
Haha yeah. I tried an S rank just to see if anything had changed... nope! Was even pulled early.

Well duh, every S rank will get pulled early. The second the mob starts disappearing off of people's screens is the second it will get face pulled. Blame SE for failing to give the mob priority.

Ken

If hunts on Ultros really are as bad as you guys make them out to be then there's something very wrong with the people on your server.

it's not that toxic imo

but i've seen moba level toxicity so this doesn't bother me too much

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Well duh, every S rank will get pulled early. The second the mob starts disappearing off of people's screens is the second it will get face pulled. Blame SE for failing to give the mob priority.

That wasn't even happening at the point when it was pulled.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Brand new?

• Find a class you like. One character can be any class so you get to experiment once you hit level 10 (have to complete your second class quest).
  • Follow the story quests. They guide to where you should be at your level and to dungeons. (Save some sidequests for other classes that you aren't doing the story quests on)
  • Do your daily dungeon roulette once you hit 16.
  • Do your Guildhests when you get them (mini-dungeons). You get an EXP bonus for doing them for the first time on each class.
  • Unlock your challenge log once you hit 15 (in Limsa Lominsa). Also great for EXP. Resets every week.
  • Be sure to drink your ovaltine.

thanks for this

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Earlier in the day my party and I noticed a kind of blackout on the Hunt Shells. There weren't any coordinates getting called out, despite obvious spawns and zergs, especially from the big FCs.

This, combined with the sabotaging of the popular tracker, says to me that Ultros still has a lot of issues as a server.

Isaccard

Earlier in the day my party and I noticed a kind of blackout on the Hunt Shells. There weren't any coordinates getting called out, despite obvious spawns and zergs, especially from the big FCs.

This, combined with the sabotaging of the popular tracker, says to me that Ultros still has a lot of issues as a server.

Because this problem is exclusive to Ultros as a server, obviously

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why would I comment on servers I don't play on? This is just an observation of Ultros.

dcye

Because this problem is exclusive to Ultros as a server, obviously

Defensive much.

It definitely isn't happening on my server, that's for sure. There's some bad eggs and bad attitudes but on the most part people are good to each other and general etiquette is observed. Whether you agree or disagree with the idea of hunt etiquette is a whole other issue but its still a pretty good atmosphere.

Isaccard

Defensive much.

It definitely isn't happening on my server, that's for sure. There's some bad eggs and bad attitudes but on the most part people are good to each other and general etiquette is observed. Whether you agree or disagree with the idea of hunt etiquette is a whole other issue but its still a pretty good atmosphere.

That 'observation' being observed in the post singles out Ultros as if it's some how the only server having issues regarding player attitudes towards hunts in lieu of the upcoming patch, the poster clearly states this is something only witnessed on Ultros as s/he hasn't seen what it's like on other servers. Granted not everyone everywhere ever has adopted the even more shittier attitudes towards others regarding hunt mobs, but I find it hard to argue that this issue isin't wide spread among other servers as well.

Defensive? Nah. This may not be the case on your server [as far as you know] but again, I find it hard to believe this isin't happening elsewhere.

did a few more hunts with fc to help them out a little, this time on prime time. mobs starting to disappear! i saw the same bunch of people farming hunts since the patch went live. what the hell are they farming? they must be in full i110 by now on every class. and how can you endure the same shit every day?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
did a few more hunts with fc to help them out a little, this time on prime time. mobs starting to disappear! i saw the same bunch of people farming hunts since the patch went live. what the hell are they farming? they must be in full i110 by now on every class. and how can you endure the same shit every day?

They want to build sand castles obviously. :eek:

MechaX

They want to build sand castles obviously. :eek:

Hey, it's not always for sand castles. Some people want to get better gear so they can pull more weight in their Coil statics and what-not too.

Plus, Nin Py will never let me play another class.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hey, it's not always for sand castles. Some people want to get better gear so they can pull more weight in their Coil statics and what-not too.

Poking mostly at Darkness Tear who has like 11 of them now lol.

iammeiam

Hoping for lots of S-ranks tonight in the dead hours so I can grab sands #2. Been trying to get out to hunts while in the DF queue (lol Levi EX; I've seen 1 mirror drop, but still no bow, wtf you doing Levi), but at 1-3 marks per hunt it's borderline useless and mostly just expensive. So tonight, overnight, I will ~seriously hunt~ and hopefully cash in.

I figure with i110 weapon and i110 body I'll ridiculously overgear all of the content I actually do anyhow. From then on it's glamour gear, minions, and ventures for me. Right side can be upgraded via weekly CT2 drops, left side to follow whenever they add in sands.

Ultros endgame community is pretty immature to be honest. Not all of its bad but I have had more than my share of issues. They just need to grow up as a whole. I despise pugging anything on the server itself.

Isaccard

Ultros endgame community is pretty immature to be honest. Not all of its bad but I have had more than my share of issues. They just need to grow up as a whole. I despise pugging anything on the server itself.

Another behavior exclusive specifically to Ultros

more sweeping generalizations please

phierce

I can easily take that as an acceptable reason and agree that's probably the case. However, personally, I find that hard to believe. I was in a server first/world first guild in EQ...and I led a world first guild in EQoA and EQ2 and also a server first guild in WoW...and from my experience, you wouldn't be folding to burnout on savage coil.

As I said, it's possibly a true statement, but, imo, doubtful.

Kyari

Weird question, does anyone know if the Nutkin does anything unique? Like the Opo-opo sitting on you or the bluebird landing on you or etc?

dcye

I can easily take that as an acceptable reason and agree that's probably the case. However, personally, I find that hard to believe. I was in a server first/world first guild in EQ...and I led a world first guild in EQoA and EQ2 and also a server first guild in WoW...and from my experience, you wouldn't be folding to burnout on savage coil.

As I said, it's possibly a true statement, but, imo, doubtful.

I can't agree or disagree as I'm not in BG or at the forefront of raiding but I can tell you that he's not streaming much Savage while he's streaming FF, that's for sure. The lack of a real reward for doing it I'm sure is a huge factor, even though I know in a guild like that the loot isn't the real aim. Who knows.

nobody swaps in the nin py static. he runs a tight ship. most pink slips given

from what I hear, of you aren't playing to song all the time, your pink slip is coming

CLBridges

Hunts, hunts and more hunts. You would think no other content was released this last patch lol. That's all I see in PF with some EX Primals listed occasionally. I still have yet to get credit for a B mark. The struggle is real lol.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I already created it, but it's not very active. Most PvPers are Maelstrom/Adder
I might bug you about the LS in game some time if that's cool. I'm still Maelstrom right now but I may join the Flames.

Hunts, hunts and more hunts. You would think no other content was released this last patch lol. That's all I see in PF with some EX Primals listed occasionally. I still have yet to get credit for a B mark. The struggle is real lol.

I see a few groups for Atma/FATE groups but yes, it's barren. They should remove the ST lockout, I would run that more often.

Defensive much.

It's also not "as bad" as it's made out to be on Ultros either. Or rather I think hunts work along the same lines on every server tbh. I.e. ups and downs.

Most folks in this thread are on Ultros, so conversation and the negativity of it all is going to be focused mostly on Ultros. More people that are tied to something(in this case the server) the more its going to get talked about over other things and be made to seem like its a huge issue. It's how conversation works, I feel.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

I saw some guy put up a TEX party finder yesterday.
The party never filled past 2 people.

Kenai

Yea it's pretty dumb. SE simply made them too good for the work involved. I don't mind the hunting marks and I love that the myth drops too, but they should never have made the sands unlimited (one a week per hunt + 1 per ST week would be cool) and they shouldn't have put soldiery in the hunts too. GC seals maybe, but not soldiery. Not much reason to do anything else if you aren't into desynthing or vanity (a lot aren't into the former and the latter will only last so long). It's too late to remove sands for now though, the "damage" has been done and there's really no point in restricting them.

Thankfully they seem to be quick to adjust their designs on things they deem mistakes (lack of tank swapping in various early primals, losing vision in Titan EX, ignoring most/all mobs in dungeon speedruns, pre nerf twisters ect) so i don't think this particular aspect of the game will be a problem again anytime soon (although I'm sure there will be more dumb things down the line). So I guess it was better this happened now than a patch closer to expansion's end.

Twin Adders has gotten super aggressive in Frontlines o_o they're winning like every game now, Maelstrom in 3rd

Give it a month or so, all the slackers that moved to Maelstrom will move to the Adders and the cycle will repeat itself.

Weird question, does anyone know if the Nutkin does anything unique? Like the Opo-opo sitting on you or the bluebird landing on you or etc?

I don't know everything about it but /beckon definitely does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom