• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adamm

I bought ff14 for the ps3 in hopes to upgrade to the ps4 version.

Do I need to install and log in to the ps3 version before upgrading?

I know of at least 4 battles i can solo as a black mage for the alexandrite maps. Morbol, the Succubus one, Golem, and the Orge's. From what I heard from the bomb on I can probably solo that one also. It's the drake one that worries me.

Zomba13

I know of at least 4 battles i can solo as a black mage for the alexandrite maps. Morbol, the Succubus one, Golem, and the Orge's. From what I heard from the bomb on I can probably solo that one also. It's the drake one that worries me.

Only one I've wiped on as PLD (but recovered thanks to a very helpful WHM passer by) is the one with the cyclops and all the little adds that pop up. Think I can do it but need to fuces on the adds.

last night, we had one guy with a "flame howler" tag in our FL group.

why.

he was also afk at mid flag for almost two matches. only started playing when we threatened to report him.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
How do I claim my collectors edition in game items for a character that I made in beta?

Also how do I know which quests are story quests? I'm an Arcanist atm

EDIT:

Other Received Bonus Items
・Helm of Light
・Baby Behemoth
・Behemoth Barding
・Coeurl Bell
・Fat Chocobo Whistle
・Wind-Up Moogle

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
How do I claim my collectors edition in game items for a character that I made in beta?

EDIT:

・Helm of Light
・Baby Behemoth
・Behemoth Barding
・Coeurl Bell
・Fat Chocobo Whistle
・Wind-Up Moogle

Check your in game mail.

dramatis

There's apparently a more detailed monk dps chart floating out there now?

zRWVWQV.png

Those S rank mobs sure are tough huh

Eldren

EDIT:

・Helm of Light
・Baby Behemoth
・Behemoth Barding
・Coeurl Bell
・Fat Chocobo Whistle
・Wind-Up Moogle

There'll be a delivery moogle in every city and sanctuary you come across, talk to him and he'll have all your items for you. As for the main quests, look for the symbol with an exclamation point with flames around it.

Lashley

There'll be a delivery moogle in every city and sanctuary you come across, talk to him and he'll have all your items for you. As for the main quests, look for the symbol with an exclamation point with flames around it.

Thanks! I'm a total noob, dunno wtf I'm doing

Lashley

Aye I saw :(

Anyways my characters name is Aeor Thunderboon if anyone wants to add me

Username is Lashley93 if you add via that, I don't know.

Lashley

Do I need to buy the PC version to play on PC? Or can I download the client and play my PS4 guy on it?

orion434

After desynthesizing 100 Artisan Spectacles at Goldsmith desynth level 100.00 with 100% success rate, here is the % breakdown:

Mastercraft Demimateria - 14%
Fieldcraft III Demimateria - 23%
HQ Rose Gold Ingot - 2%
Rose Gold Ingot - 10%
HQ Rose Gold Nugget - 8%
Rose Gold Nugget - 43%

I got 3 extra Fieldcraft III from using the Rose Gold Ingots to craft Rose Gold Clasps and desynth'ed

Basically 1/2 the time you'll get a Rose Gold Nugget. I found my results were better during the Eorzean day, on one stretch I desynthed 11 in the evening and got 11 Rose Gold Nuggets :(

After desynthesizing 100 Artisan Spectacles at Goldsmith desynth level 100.00 with 100% success rate, here is the % breakdown:

Mastercraft Demimateria - 14%
Fieldcraft III Demimateria - 23%
HQ Rose Gold Ingot - 2%
Rose Gold Ingot - 10%
HQ Rose Gold Nugget - 8%
Rose Gold Nugget - 43%

I got 3 extra Fieldcraft III from using the Rose Gold Ingots to craft Rose Gold Clasps and desynth'ed

Basically 1/2 the time you'll get a Rose Gold Nugget. I found my results were better during the Eorzean day, on one stretch I desynthed 11 in the evening and got 11 Rose Gold Nuggets :(

Which three crafts would you recommend focusing on for desynth? GSM seems like a no-brainer since it gets access to pretty much all demimateria fairly easily. CUL has access to some unique mats used for the new vanity items as well but I imagine you have to be a master fisher or spend a ton on the MB to have access to the type of fish that give them. I was thinking about starting BSM just because no one seems interested in doing it due to it being a pain in the ass to level later on.

orion434

Which three crafts would you recommend focusing on for desynth? GSM seems like a no-brainer since it gets access to pretty much all demimateria fairly easily. CUL has access to some unique mats used for the new vanity items as well but I imagine you have to be a master fisher or spend a ton on the MB to have access to the type of fish that give them. I was thinking about starting BSM just because no one seems interested in doing it due to it being a pain in the ass to level later on.

In the end I plan to go Goldsmith / Blacksmith / Alchemy - covers a good portion of Primal Weapon drops, has the Artisan Spectacles spam for Mastercraft / Fieldcraft III. Then I'm going Alchemy for the ilv 70 weapons that my retainers like to bring the mats back from Exploration XIV Ventures, 9x Diluted Vitirol is much easier to come by then the GC seals mats. DoW / DoM weapons field Battlecraft III Demimateria.

So let me make sure I understand this. I can do an alexandrite map with another class that doesn't have an Animus and still receive an alexandrite for my BLM?

Teknoman

Do I need to buy the PC version to play on PC? Or can I download the client and play my PS4 guy on it?

You need to buy the game for whatever platforms you'll be playing on, but your character is universal. The only difference with the PS4 version is that if you bought the PS3 version, you can download the PS4 version for free.

draw4wild

Only one I've wiped on as PLD (but recovered thanks to a very helpful WHM passer by) is the one with the cyclops and all the little adds that pop up. Think I can do it but need to fuces on the adds.

Same , I've only gotten that map once and wasn't ready for the adds. I survived the first set but when a second set spawned I just panicked. On summoner tho I've been waiting for it to show up again to avenge myself. Otherwise all the maps are cakewalks on summoner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom