• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

iammeiam

Ran Stone Vigil HM looking for pants.

Left with void sent blood and peacock ore. I can't wear this, SE.

Also pleasantly surprised by how the attitude towards GAF on the server seems to have mellowed. Trolls gonna troll, but it seemed less widespread and less venomous this weekend.

Teknoman

From what we were talking about earlier:

j5GLFzcOmT3vU.png

j6TPo4nRXm8F6.png

Frumix

Suffering From Success
That XI UI is making me nostalgic, lol.

It's just one of these things that makes me appreciate how little on bullshit and well made ARR UI is. That thing is built for usability and it's the only MMO I've seen that I can say that about without any buts.

Sophia

The Summer event will probably be in mid August, alongside like... Patch 2.32 or 2.35.

Also I can't seem to get a damn Atma to save my life. Two hours of grinding for the last one and nothing to show with it. Screw this stupid Zodiac questline to high hell.

Teknoman

The Summer event will probably be in mid August, alongside like... Patch 2.32 or 2.35.

Also I can't seem to get a damn Atma to save my life. Two hours of grinding for the last one and nothing to show with it. Screw this stupid Zodiac questline to high hell.

You and me both.

Reknoc

only got 1 atma, which i'll probably forget about now i dumped it on my retainer (the use up of inv space is like insult to injury), but i stopped trying. Decided it'd be more fun to level up some of my other classes instead.

Got 2 comms in each of the last few dungeons I did while leveling my BLM. Clearly this is a sign, it is my destiny to stand back and mash 3.

Robin64

One of the things that brought me back to the game was the idea of the Sightseeing Log. Rewarded for exploring and seeing awesome things? Sign me up.

So why was I standing on a rack in the Leatherworker's Guild waiting for it to get cloudy outside? (I had to look up the part about the weather, of course)

Instant bleh moment right there.

Schlocky

Hello gaf, I have got pretty sucked into this game this weekend, loving how the grind seems to be flashing up rewards and levels and logs and all sorts of stuff all the time, and the FF-ness helps. But! I have a couple of hella newb questions:

Do I need to bother levelling anything other than my main? I'm an archer so I started carpentry cos it seemed to make sense and then botany for the wood and stuff, but they both seem a bit pointless right now? Anything I craft useful I'm too low level to use, and by the time I get up there a quest has dropped the same stuff anyway!

Also I read I have to level pugilist to become a bard, and that is apparently the Right Thing to do, so do I start levelling that now (I'm level 20 archer)?

I know this is all probably MMO 101 but I haven't been past lvl 10 in anything since wow ten years ago, so I am lost, help me plz! Any guide I look up just seems to list all the traits and shit I can unlock...

IMBored

Do I need to bother levelling anything other than my main? I'm an archer so I started carpentry cos it seemed to make sense and then botany for the wood and stuff, but they both seem a bit pointless right now? Anything I craft useful I'm too low level to use, and by the time I get up there a quest has dropped the same stuff anyway!

Also I read I have to level pugilist to become a bard, and that is apparently the Right Thing to do, so do I start levelling that now (I'm level 20 archer)?

I know this is all probably MMO 101 but I haven't been past lvl 10 in anything since wow ten years ago, so I am lost, help me plz! Any guide I look up just seems to list all the traits and shit I can unlock...

Well you need a level 15 pugilist and a level 30 archer for bard, so you can level pugilist after you get archer up to30 if you want.

As for crafts and gathering classes, do them if you want, they are not "necessary". They are useful to do HQ gear for a second class you might be leveling, and to get some gils, but you can't get by without them just fine.

After enduring over 70 minutes of wait time (Including requeuing multiple times), I finally got that darn second book done. Lesson learned, avoid going ranged in DF as much as possible.

Hasney

After enduring over 70 minutes of wait time (Including requeuing multiple times), I finally got that darn second book done. Lesson learned, avoid going ranged in DF as much as possible.

What dungeon was this? I still haven't had over a 20 minute wait using a bard for my books. Have you got all the languages selected?

Prototype

I wish there was a quest line to upgrade mythic armor.

It'd have the same stats but get 1 materia slot. 6 quests, 1 for each body part.

orion434

im at 86something goldsmith currently. did you go i70 stuff until max. level?

At that Goldsmith desynthesis level you have a few options. ilv 70 Artisan Spectacles... 2 out of 3 ain't' bad, you'll have around 70% success rate. Next is Carbuncle Chronometer furniture, it only requires an Emery that's expensive and Cobalt Rivets & Mythril Ingots... and 5x Rose Gold Nuggets, maybe a little expensive. You can get Fieldcraft III off this piece... success rate will be ~ 50% I went with ilv 90 Gold Spectacles, Tawny Latex was cheaper than Rose Gold Nuggets when I did this. I would meld 3 - 4 crap Materia to raise the % by 15% - 20% making it the same success rate as ilv 70 gear, can't do that with furniture. You can get 2X Battlecraft Demimateria III from the Gold Spectacles... or a Clear Glass Lens lol

If anyone at max 300.00 Total Desynthesis level wants to de-level a specific class I discovered a method and posted it in my blog :)

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2803251/blog/1455338/

Nohar

When does it give up at that point? The number of 2 bard dungeons I've had after 20 minutes of queueing are pretty significant.

Not to mention some PT compositions in Syrcus tower... I had some quite interesting surprises, such as Team A with 5 Bards (including me) and team C with 4 Black mage and 1 Summoner in the same run. So, yeah...

Cmagus

So I'm gonna be taking a break from this game for a bit. I would like to see if someone would like to take the master position for the Neo Hunt LS. If someone is interested drop me a pm here with your in game name and I'll set you up. Nothing to it really just a few more options and it will be good to have someone active just in case a master is needed.

Isaccard

Ran Stone Vigil HM looking for pants.

Left with void sent blood and peacock ore. I can't wear this, SE.

Also pleasantly surprised by how the attitude towards GAF on the server seems to have mellowed. Trolls gonna troll, but it seemed less widespread and less venomous this weekend.

As with everything that makes it to this thread in regards to what happens in game, it was slightly overblown. It's sort of evolved into a meme now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom