• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madchad

Finnaly got Savage Turn 2 down last night

53d6b60222c3925c772be4f5.jpg

snip

Lanrutcon

SE may not care about balancing hunts because new gear levels are coming.

Or maybe they're just really, really out of touch.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Working as intended.
I imagine hunts will continue on for some time with higher gear levels being introduced down the road. I would like it if they kept them open world encounters for everybody but it would be nice if they "fixed" them a bit. Outside of the loading issues though I'm not entirely sure what could fix them except maybe making them a little but harder to kill so quickly.

orion434

Since 2.3 I just can't keep up with the demand for crafted materials. On average I sell out 2x a day, I've even gone through my HQ reserves because the prices and demand are too high to resist!

I am 3x Fieldcraft III from Supra Primary Tool #6 :)

draw4wild

I just don't get it, could someone tell me what it is that I'm missing with hunts? Like what is fun about them? There's times I do trials roulette several times a day. The rewards are worth nothing to me anymore but I find most trials fun to do. However the one week I did hunts for a sand for my UAT I hated every second of it. I don't see how teleporting around and maybe casting 5 skills on a mob fun.

I know people will say just don't do them, which I've been doing, but I feel dumb knowingly spending more in game time doing other things that are no where near efficient just because I ::gasp:: enjoy them. If they took all the weapons/myth/sol off hm primals I'd still do them for fun, if they took sands/myth/sol away from hunts would anyone do them?

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I just don't get it, could someone tell me what it is that I'm missing with hunts? Like what is fun about them? There's times I do trials roulette several times a day. The rewards are worth nothing to me anymore but I find most trials fun to do. However the one week I did hunts for a sand for my UAT I hated every second of it. I don't see how teleporting around and maybe casting 5 skills on a mob fun.

I know people will say just don't do them, which I've been doing, but I feel dumb knowingly spending more in game time doing other things that are no where near efficient just because I ::gasp:: enjoy them. If they took all the weapons/myth/sol off hm primals I'd still do them for fun, if they took sands/myth/sol away from hunts would anyone do them?

TheSlacker and UnknownSoldier still would!

Maybe Jayhawk; addiction is a terrible thing.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Some people on Excalibur have capped ten times over and they still hunt.

So my PS4 just crashed while attempting to boot this right after downloading 1.75. Power button wouldn't even work on the console, had to unplug the thing.

dcye

I quite enjoy hunts. I don't do them 24/7 or anything but I don't really need any sands or oils (for my BiS anyways) and I just do them for an hour or two during the dead of night server time because I can listen to podcasts, run around in zones and just chill in general while getting myth for maps and seals for Alex.

I don't enjoy crafting and find it mind numbingly boring but I'm not going on a crusade to put down everyone who enjoys it. More power to you if you enjoy content I don't, IMO. The anti hunt crowd is more toxic for the community than the hunt crowd IMO. Especially in this thread.

I quite enjoy hunts. I don't do them 24/7 or anything but I don't really need any sands or oils (for my BiS anyways) and I just do them for an hour or two during the dead of night server time because I can listen to podcasts, run around in zones and just chill in general while getting myth for maps and seals for Alex.

I don't enjoy crafting and find it mind numbingly boring but I'm not going on a crusade to put down everyone who enjoys it. More power to you if you enjoy content I don't, IMO. The anti hunt crowd is more toxic for the community than the hunt crowd IMO. Especially in this thread.

Yeah the anti crowd is usually worse than the crowd it's again in most things.

IMBored

I could retire from hunts if it didn't seem like the hunting efficiency of our linkshell decreased when I'm not hunting! I hunt, so others can profit!

And we love you for it. While at the same time point and laugh at you being your back.

For me, I'm taking it easy, just getting my last 3 sands, then the minion, all the while trying to see every S rank there is.

iammeiam

I just realized the next drop I want from CT2 comes from Scylla. No join in-progress for me this week. D:

It's nice that they picked the one aspect of the hunt system to fix that absolutely nobody really cared about. Pro-hunt or anti-hunt, there is nothing in this fix for you!

Hasney

I just realized the next drop I want from CT2 comes from Scylla. No join in-progress for me this week. D:

It's nice that they picked the one aspect of the hunt system to fix that absolutely nobody really cared about. Pro-hunt or anti-hunt, there is nothing in this fix for you!

I cared. Getting a bonus on Naul every week was silly.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Got two pieces of High Allagan tanking gear for the first time in at least a month last week. Super hyped, the RNG is very, very real.

Actually boots also dropped but I lost the roll to the other healer (losing these boots second week in a row).
Oh well, one to each.

Kandinsky

So for hunts, you pretty much have to be in a party to get the most of it?, I always get 1 seal and 3 tomestones solo, are there any tips for a whm going by himself? lol.

Oh good they fixed the hunt guys!
No more need to criticize it!
10/10 fix.

Is a shame, we'll never saw the comunity as close and helpful ever, and people won't be able to make friends anymore!

2LxrK8d.jpg

...*sniff* Such good competitive nature

/salute

So for hunts, you pretty much have to be in a party to get the most of it?, I always get 1 seal and 3 tomestones solo, are there any tips for a whm going by himself? lol.

Yes, is almost esential to go full party for A and S...

And WHM going by himself? LOOOLOLOOOLLLLL

studyguy

Is a shame, we'll never saw the comunity as close and helpful ever, and people won't be able to make friends anymore!

2LxrK8d.jpg

...*sniff* Such good competitive nature

/salute

Jesus.
Feel good being on Excal, our teamspeak is always full of some 150-200 people cooperating to call points and update the hunt tracker sheet. There are early pulls, but overall it's pretty much guaranteed rewards for joining and helping out. Anyone who constantly early pulls gets booted from the TS and banned from the shells. Not sure how other servers work it.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Jesus.
Feel good being on Excal, our teamspeak is always full of some 150-200 people cooperating to call points and update the hunt tracker sheet. There are early pulls, but overall it's pretty much guaranteed rewards for joining and helping out. Anyone who constantly early pulls gets booted from the TS and banned from the shells. Not sure how other servers work it.

Excalbros are supergood at hunts. It makes the whole thing actually kinda enjoyable.

Jesus.

Is total chaos on Sarg.

And I've seen much worse chat log shit, that's actually one of the tame ones.

At least the game has a community now.

I enjoyed the usual Mor Dhona conversations....well not really, but at least they weren't harmful.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
There are some 4 massive shells cooperating to get the hunts down pat, it's a science on our server. For some reason I assumed it was the same on other servers.

It was discussed earlier today in teamspeak, apparently we're the only server that really does it this way.

studyguy

It was discussed earlier today in teamspeak, apparently we're the only server that really does it this way.

Oh well no wonder people hate the hunt so vehemently.
No cooperation makes it a fucking pain.

Normally the protocol is to:

* Check open windows on the sheet and search
* Find mob, call <pos> to TS, LS, Party.
* Wait, if people need an extension then it's called in TS and we give people a bit more time
* Pull time is set to Eorzean time
* gitseals

Unless it's the weekend, which tends to have more early pulls due to the sheer amount of people, it's always the same. TS will announce the open windows for people who don't follow the sheet, they'll announce when an S rank trigger window is open, etc. S rank runs are always fun.

iammeiam

Is total chaos on Sarg.

And I've seen much worse chat log shit, that's actually one of the tame ones.

IIRC, there was some nice homophobia on Ultros shouts after Croque Mitaine died last time.

Well by "by himself" I meant without a party, casting(trying) "offensive" shit to the mob while is being zerged, don't laugh at my noobnessssss.

D:

You're going to need a party, dude. I solo hunt while sitting in DF queues and almost always get minimum reward; it's either party up or hunt largely B-ranks late at night when very few people can be bothered to show up.

Being solo is also going to put you at a huge disadvantage with the mobs that manage to kill people, since if you die and it gets reset you're going to get nothing.

Well by "by himself" I meant without a party, casting(trying) "offensive" shit to the mob while is being zerged, don't laugh at my noobnessssss.

D:

No, I was laughing at the fact of trying to hunt using WHM without a pt. Shouldn't very hard to get a pt, even just a light party is better than just going solo.

On a party, you only need to spam Curaga and Curaga II or even Cure III. Basically people goes either tank or healer(WHM) for that very reason, they are the jobs you can get most "hate".

Kandinsky

No, I was laughing at the fact of trying to hunt using WHM without a pt. Shouldn't very hard to get a pt, even just a light party is better than just going solo.

On a party, you only need to spam Curaga and Curaga II or even Cure III. Basically people goes either tank or healer(WHM) for that very reason, they are the jobs you can get most "hate".

Gotcha, thanks again.

Hasney

IMBored

No, I'm not. I had better luck with pugs on excal than with any static.

For some reason I keep forgetting second coil pug parties happen. I need to try to get in a learning one, what's the general convention regarding what food to bring, loot rolls, ilevel, etc?

Just in time for Yoshi to get grilled at Gamescom :D.

Don't anger Yoshi, or he'll make 3rd coil only accessible with allied seals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom