• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh well no wonder people hate the hunt so vehemently.
No cooperation makes it a fucking pain.

Normally the protocol is to:

* Check open windows on the sheet and search
* Find mob, call <pos> to TS, LS, Party.
* Wait, if people need an extension then it's called in TS and we give people a bit more time
* Pull time is set to Eorzean time
* gitseals

Unless it's the weekend, which tends to have more early pulls due to the sheer amount of people, it's always the same. TS will announce the open windows for people who don't follow the sheet, they'll announce when an S rank trigger window is open, etc. S rank runs are always fun.

This is like hearing some kind of novella.

You know in Sarg, some people killed Coerthas S, while a bunch of poor fools was still jumping to get it pop?. They didn't announce it, they just killed it. So there you saw that train of people jumping and jumping and the guy was already dead for minutes...

Just in time for Yoshi to get grilled at Gamescom :D.

Are you having another interview? because, please grill him to bones lol.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
For some reason I keep forgetting second coil pug parties happen. I need to try to get in a learning one, what's the general convention regarding what food to bring, loot rolls, ilevel, etc?

Don't anger Yoshi, or he'll make 3rd coil only accessible with allied seals.
Japanese probably pug progression Coil the most. There's parties every day. Not all of them are successful, not even close, but it's a thing that is (unlike on Ultros where PF is a barren wasteland).

studyguy

You know in Sarg, some people killed Coerthas S, while a bunch of poor fools was still jumping to get it pop?. They didn't announce it, they just killed it. So there you saw that train of people jumping and jumping and the guy was already dead for minutes...

If it's just some random running into an S rank solo, I've seen the entire TS just hold and let the guy get rolled. It's fun to watch. S Ranks fucking hurt, yo.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Are you having another interview? because, please grill him to bones lol.

Yeah we have another interview opportunity with him. Should be loads of fun.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I wake up to see that Hunts were fixed.

What a great patch. Hopefully the toxic behavior will die down with this new system.

aceface

l.

Man that sounds even worse than Ultros. It's impossible to not know that an S popped here because the shout channel is spammed with inv, inv, inv, inv for S, inv, etc.

CLBridges

Guess the update is still a good thing for people that hunt as first priority. Doesn't matter to me as I really don't hunt. I'm not a Coil raider and probably never will be, so I really don't need to grind out seals for oils/sands etc.

I'll stick with my Soldiery/CT gear/Glamour gear and just Examine the people who do SCOB and beyond lol. That's why I'm glad SE adds a lot of things to do besides high end raiding content. I'm satisfied with the balance currently.

studyguy

I'm like 20 away from my lion mount... So lazy.
I haven't even done Ramuh EX or Hildebrand's new quest yet.
I need to do that today after coil

I'm like 20 away from my lion mount... So lazy.
I haven't even done Ramuh EX or Hildebrand's new quest yet.
I need to do that today after coil

One of our top Paladins (who's notorious for falling asleep in the span of less than two minutes) got his while dead because he fell asleep waiting for the enrage for Turn 2. To spite him, we didn't tell him he got the achievement.

tumblr_n9emfwlcbF1s49ju6o1_1280.png

studyguy

One of our top Paladins (who's notorious for falling asleep in the span of less than two minutes) got his while dead because he fell asleep waiting for the enrage for Turn 2. To spite him, we didn't tell him he got the achievement.

Jesus Christ I didn't know this happened to anyone else, I've fallen asleep at my chair when we were coiling late. I've AFK'd through T2 as well as the team did it solo tank enrage. Fun times I guess.

supergiz

So I just got kicked from a hunt party (no GAF) for crafting 2 items instead of looking for marks, even though I informed them about 2/8 marks we did up to that point. And the way the leader kicked me was very mean :(

creid

On a party, you only need to spam Curaga and Curaga II or even Cure III. Basically people goes either tank or healer(WHM) for that very reason, they are the jobs you can get most "hate".
Just make sure you land at least one hit in on the mark or you will get nothing.

studyguy

Just make sure you land at least one hit in on the mark or you will get nothing.

Generally you try and group together in a hunt party if you have a healer so their Cure III's or Medica's land on as many people as possible. Personally I just go WAR. If it's a B rank, then INFURIATE>CYCLONE>OVERPOWER FOREVER or FLASH if you can't see the mob.

Anything higher and it depends, but generally cyclone into overpower works for pretty much everything regardless of health. Butcher combo is okay, but the way Excal does it, so many people are on the mob you can't be assured that you'll see it and complete the combo in time.

I've interacted with quite a few nice people in our FC doing hunts but sadly there are so many jerks hunting as well.

But w/e. The rewards are too good (sands) to pass up.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure if our T7 MT didn't have to shout about voice he'd turn away, tape down flash and be playing Marvel Heroes throughout the entire dungeon.

iammeiam

All I'm really taking away from this discussion is that I need to level PLD so my play time and my sleep time can peacefully coexist.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Only because Flames started to switch to TA after they began winning games off of the Flames' antics.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
No shame in second place, man. lol
Experience is still pretty nice at least in terms of ranking up.

Never thought I'd say this but I kind of want that i100 PvP stuff for vanity.

I've interacted with quite a few nice people in our FC doing hunts but sadly there are so many jerks hunting as well.

But w/e. The rewards are too good (sands) to pass up.

I've capped twice and haven't even bought a sand yet. People really are over obssesed with what ilvl other people are getting I think.

It's always had one.

A server community? No not really. Even with doing things with strangers all day, the only people I really knew on the server before this was GAF people with no real reason to know or interact with anyone else. That isn't a real game community, it's the extension of this and other forums community.

I just don't get it, could someone tell me what it is that I'm missing with hunts? Like what is fun about them? There's times I do trials roulette several times a day. The rewards are worth nothing to me anymore but I find most trials fun to do. However the one week I did hunts for a sand for my UAT I hated every second of it. I don't see how teleporting around and maybe casting 5 skills on a mob fun.

I know people will say just don't do them, which I've been doing, but I feel dumb knowingly spending more in game time doing other things that are no where near efficient just because I ::gasp:: enjoy them. If they took all the weapons/myth/sol off hm primals I'd still do them for fun, if they took sands/myth/sol away from hunts would anyone do them?

They provide flavor and reason to explore the gameworld. It seems like you took a more passive approach to them and just waited for other people to find the hunts instead of exploring and looking for them. Sure people use other ways to make this easier, but none of that is stuff that I have relied on.

I'm not going to lie and say that the same number of people would do the hunts as much as they do with less of a reward, because that defiantly is it for a lot of people, but let me use your primal comparison for an example of something. In a few patches or when the expansion comes if no one has any reason to do the middle difficulty of the starting primals you could just remove those from the game and the game would be no different for it. When people move past zerging hunts and getting all the reward they can from them they will still provide flavor to all the zones in the game. Instead of the only mobs you see being either generic groups with nothing special or marked fates there will still be something unique. Something that can kill you if you go in unprepared, and something that doesn't have a set place where it will always be. Unlike an arena instance they are an active part of the gameworld. Something that you can't just wait in queue for, or use a special item to make spawn so you can be the only one that attacks it. Something that doesn't have a set marker that you just follow to get to. That is where the value of hunts come from long term to the game.

Generally you try and group together in a hunt party if you have a healer so their Cure III's or Medica's land on as many people as possible. Personally I just go WAR. If it's a B rank, then INFURIATE>CYCLONE>OVERPOWER FOREVER or FLASH if you can't see the mob.

Anything higher and it depends, but generally cyclone into overpower works for pretty much everything regardless of health. Butcher combo is okay, but the way Excal does it, so many people are on the mob you can't be assured that you'll see it and complete the combo in time.

Do you generate more hate with STR accessories with WAR or VIT? I'm thinking STR, but I'm not terribly clear on that.

It's hardly ever an issue, but sometimes a lot of your party members arrive late due to early pulls and I haven't got full credit (still 3 out of 5 which is not terrible).

Also I quite like hunts now. It was much more boring when people were just roaming the zones with no clue. With all the knowledge on spawn windows and the like, it's much more involved and a lot more fun. Plus a lot more rewarding. I got over 300 seals in a 3 - 4 hour session during the weekend. Got a few of my book mobs in between, the party was nice and full of people talking. It might be the best thing that ever happened to this game IMO. Before I never talked to anyone outside dungeons and those people might be from other servers and you'll probably never see again. I see a lot of the same guys doing hunts so the sense of community is much higher.

Talaysen

Do you generate more hate with STR accessories with WAR or VIT? I'm thinking STR, but I'm not terribly clear on that.

STR accessories. VIT doesn't increase your hate at all.

Also pop any cooldowns in between GCDs. They increase aggro by a bit. It's not a big deal but every bit helps.

studyguy

It's hardly ever an issue, but sometimes a lot of your party members arrive late due to early pulls and I haven't got full credit (still 3 out of 5 which is not terrible).

Yeah, I got full STR/DET items when I go hunting. Literally anything that will give me more enmity I take. This means keeping defiance on as WAR or Shield Oath as PLD. It works the same as a FATE, total enmity counts more than damage inflicted. Berserk is the only sketchy thing for me, it's good to use, but if you get pacified too early it could fuck you over.

dramatis

All six of those wins were from the first week :c

Maybe I just need to git gud.
Last night our caster was streaming coil and for some reason he had his pvp profile open, and he had some 47 third place finishes for Flames out of 99 frontlines battles. lol

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
A server community? No not really. Even with doing things with strangers all day, the only people I really knew on the server before this was GAF people with no real reason to know or interact with anyone else. That isn't a real game community, it's the extension of this and other forums community.

I've met plenty of people outside of GAF prior to hunts and most of that is due to wanting to run content that people in GAF just weren't doing at the time. For example, when the extreme primals first came out, farming old coil, farming Leviathan, and more recently farming Ramuh. Party Finder was one of the better things they added for people to be able to do just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom