• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

klee123

When you think about it, it makes absolutely no sense for the new dungeons to be dropping lvl 80 gear when one can do hunts for an entire day and get full lvl 90 myth gear.

iammeiam

Yeah, Vanity is only reason I can see why people would want them I guess.

Still, more junk for me to trade for seals! Gotta keep getting those ventures!

Given the shitty drop rate of gear in the new dungeons, hunts may also be the most efficient way to get ventures.
They are the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end. All is hunts, and hunts are everything.

Given the shitty drop rate of gear in the new dungeons, hunts may also be the most efficient way to get ventures.
They are the alpha and the omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. All is hunts, and hunts are everything.

Fixed to get that Xenogears quote in. XD

Frumix

Suffering From Success
It should be noted that technically in Japanese version the rehashed dungeons aren't named "Hard Mode" - every dungeon has a mission descriptor, sorta like "Stone Vigil: Fortress Invasion" or "Stone Vigil: Fortress Recapture".
Mythflox is called "Assistance to the Best Friend"
Similar to HM primals which aren't "Hard", they're "true", which makes a little more sense than having a hard mode without a non-hard mode. Of course when you actually load an instance these titles are overlayed with English titles for some reason so even in Japan everybody knows them as hard mode.

Just a really weird localization decision.

Shamdeo

Aside from vanity, I want a higher drop rate of equipment in dungeons if only to exchange gear for more seals to buy ventures.

dat feel when double minium'd

chrono01

Your punishment should be doing hunts for the rest of the night.

Let's go, Makoto.
This is hilarious actually. I decided to do Hunts tonight after the raid [as punishment, deemed upon myself] before even reading these posts. Great minds think alike, I guess.

While I fell short of my goal [I thought you only needed a single log and not THREE!], I did manage to get more than 250 seals. That's...something? The pain, though. THE PAIN!

pulled a nin py lool
Indeed.

Honestly, if it were my loot/chance at the item, and it fell to the ground, I wouldn't feel as bad as I do. The fact that makes it even worse is that Kagari gave me her Sands of Time [since she didn't need it for her main and I still need three for mine], and that's the one that was tossed into "the void". The fact that her generosity was destroyed [but still appreciated by me] is what I regret. :(

Tabris

We were real pro tonight. One shotted T6 and T7 and two shotted T8.

Edit: And then failed add phase repeatedly in Ramuh EX. Win some and lose some.

We only tried 3 times though and our heart wasn't in it (or at least mine wasn't).

I know it's been mentioned a couple times in this thread, but our group needs to replace our SMN as he goes to school. Does anyone have SMN and is interested in a PST schedule static? If you are a bit under geared (maybe SMN is an alt right now) but you're skilled, that would also work as we can gear you up quickly. Commitment, motivation, and reaction skills are the most important things we would be looking for as we are a group meant for the long haul (2.4, 2.5, etc). We generally run Tue 9-11pm and Thu 9-11pm, and sometimes on Sun if Thu is not available.

Reknoc

Only had time for one run of Syrque du Soleil last night and the only bard thing to drop? The belt.

Fuck belts. I would rather have had no bard drops. What am I even suppose to do with that belt? Improve my stats? IDGAF. No one can see that belt, unless they examine me, see that I have it equipped and just imagine how fancy it is.

Maybe they should get Nomura in, I'm sure his top priority would be to make belts actually appear on your character.

WolvenOne

We only tried 3 times though and our heart wasn't in it (or at least mine wasn't).

I know it's been mentioned a couple times in this thread, but our group needs to replace our SMN as he goes to school. Does anyone have SMN and is interested in a PST schedule static? If you are a bit under geared (maybe SMN is an alt right now) but you're skilled, that would also work as we can gear you up quickly. Commitment, motivation, and reaction skills are the most important things we would be looking for as we are a group meant for the long haul (2.4, 2.5, etc). We generally run Tue 9-11pm and Thu 9-11pm, and sometimes on Sun if Thu is not available.

Korra and I found somebody whom is interested in going in with us on an alt, so, things are looking up.

chrono01

A Black Hanekawa figure from Alter cures all pains.
Not the financial strain!

[If only I didn't have so many pre-orders right now...]

Makoto has to level WHM now since their group gets those healing robes all the time.
I think so. Given the number we've received, it must be a sign that the game is trying to tell us. No BLM loot [outside of the High Allagan weapon, which will continually drop just to spite you] until you level a WHM!

Well I'm sorry, SE. I will not comply with your demand. I will not!

The surplus of BLM weapons are a reward to Bookey for that time he got cheated out of the Allagan Scepter in a T5 farm by a stupid red haired kitty.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Still trying to figure out what dps class I like. Have SMN close to 40, BRD in the 20s, now fiddling around with MNK. I'm kinda wondering if MNK may be the one I go with, as I do like a bit of a fiddly class, and this one seems to be doing the job for me so far. If nothing else, I may level it for NIN cross class skills (
only to find out I needed something like BLM instead
).

Also, time to start saving hard for all that WAR soldiery gear. Not a huge fan of the chest piece, so may wind up glamouring it. The Maelstrom jacket is kinda awesome, so I'm tempted to get that (1k seals! T_T ).

WolvenOne

m4RPETP.jpg

Turn 8 Clear Picture.

Really ought to zoom up more before taking screen shots. <_<;;

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
i hate them all. i hate people who get mad in raids in general. you're gonna raid with this guy for months. better chill out. we will win in the end.

Fuck you!, when I say go my left and not your left, you should know what I'm talking about!

How many times do I have to explain this too you, if that dude that spawns at that interval when I say that dude is out, you move left, it's not that hard, I mean you can see the whole arena, and the 4 quadrants, and within those 4 quadrants are 3 isosceles triangles, now do a half circle inside the triangle before that dude that spawns at that interval and just move to my left

SO FUCKING SIMPLE!

soakrates

Fuck you!, when I say go my left and not your left, you should know what I'm talking about!

How many times do I have to explain this too you, if that dude that spawns at that interval when I say that dude is out, you move left, it's not that hard, I mean you can see the whole arena, and the 4 quadrants, and within those 4 quadrants are 3 isosceles triangles, now do a half circle inside the truangle before that dude that spawns at that interval and just move to my left

SO FUCKING SIMPLE!
Right? I mean when I say to move toward the two dancing giraffes when the lime green diamond appears above your head, it should be fucking OBVIOUS that you're supposed to stand there until a face appears in the diamond and grimaces for four seconds. WHAT ELSE COULD I POSSIBLY MEAN!

orion434

Took 3 weeks but the Mastercraft Demimateria market is crashing on Ultros. The most efficient way to obtain these yield more than a 3:10 ratio with Fieldcraft III Demimateria. I have enough Mastercraft for Supra # 7 & # 8 but I have only 1 Fieldcraft III

In the future, who knows if there will be a better way to get Fieldcraft III... they should allow you to trade-in Allied Seals for them lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom