• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chille

Now this is my bag baby yeah

Btyy_MjCUAEbjj6.jpg:large

Didn't know you was suppose to fail the core blimey fate with all those shards. Lol oh well they can be mad at me all they want to. My mistake

iammeiam

Didn't know you was suppose to fail the core blimey fate with all those shards. Lol oh well they can be mad at me all they want to. My mistake

The whole design of that S rank pop method was just a terrible, terrible idea. Spawning through completing FATEs/FATE chains makes sense, creating a situation where people trying to just play the game normally run afoul of the needs of the zerg is just... Wut. You can now troll hunt parties just by completing content.

I am surprised that I've yet to encounter a /shout macro that tries to explain the entire situation. Lots of people yelling about not turning in, but if you don't know it's connected to hunts you have no idea what these people's problem is.

The whole design of that S rank pop method was just a terrible, terrible idea. Spawning through completing FATEs/FATE chains makes sense, creating a situation where people trying to just play the game normally run afoul of the needs of the zerg is just... Wut. You can now troll hunt parties just by completing content.

I am surprised that I've yet to encounter a /shout macro that tries to explain the entire situation. Lots of people yelling about not turning in, but if you don't know it's connected to hunts you have no idea what these people's problem is.

the new dark devices

orion434

I was one of those players... was like why is no one turning these in? I turned mine in and it was a sliver away from complete... there were like 15 shouts of DO NOT TURN IN!!!!!

studyguy

So is joining a static the only way to clear coils?

I mean if you're persistent, you can probably clear most of T6-9, the problem is you're going to have to be super picky past 7ish. T8 is tight depending on the job and T9 I've never heard of a PUG clear that didn't consist of people from a previously successful static.

aceface

S ranks are coming today Ultros huntbros. Laideronnette spawned while I was on this morning, looks like it's the first one.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I've only seen him pop midfate so I don't think it matter whether you fail or succeed. The important part seems to be that you have to leave the fate up long enough for the other spawn requirements to occur.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
8 probably isn't hard to pug either if people know the fight I guess.

Isn't that a universal rule? If people know how to play and the mechanics of a particular fight, they should do fine. The reason people are scared of doing pugs is because majority of ARR players aren't good.

But then again, we had an inexperienced summoner in this week's T6 but they kept their wits about themselves and we made it just fine. Didn't you have a new-ish person in your first T9 clear as well, Kagari? I guess that's not exactly the same, though.

For some people this might be a better alternative to sticking with a static that sucks week after week.

Koriandrr

So is joining a static the only way to clear coils?

Of course not.

I've found that the most drama-free successful groups are the ones that rotate - whoever is online goes, whenever there's people - there's coil. Maybe a ls or an fc, but not a static group. Static group may be faster in some cases, but holy shit the amount of bullshit people pull off and drama that happens is just unbearable. There will always be a person that's late, always a person that's crap, always someone who doesn't like someone and the longer you stick together the worse it'll become.

EDIT: I have a friend who puged to T9. 2 months ago. According to him it wasn't hard at all. It's luck, I suppose and looking at the right places.

studyguy

EDIT: I have a friend who puged to T9. 2 months ago. According to him it wasn't hard at all. It's luck, I suppose and looking at the right places.

I have no doubt it's possible, heard about it enough on Excal, but our PF is always active late in the week when people get desperate.

LFM T9, i110, MUST HAVE XP UP TO FINAL PHASE, 1 FAIL AND KICK, DROPS LOCKED, 10k PAYMENT REQUIRED TO JOIN, gitgud
Group status: For Fun, Until we complete our duty

Also since I didn't raid yesterday, spent all day playing Trails in the Sky.
So good.

Koriandrr

I have no doubt it's possible, heard about it enough on Excal, but our PF is always active late in the week when people get desperate.

I don't mean PF though. I'd rarely go PF. It's about asking people you trust and word of mouth. Surely you know which are some good FC's on your server, go as a replacement for them or some of them surely rotate people as they're available.

studyguy

I don't mean PF though. I'd rarely go PF. It's about asking people you trust and word of mouth. Surely you know which are some good FC's on your server, go as a replacement for them or some of them surely rotate people as they're available.

In most cases during the late week, you see nearly full statics jumping on PF looking for a rep. It works often enough from what I hear, but then again that's not really a full PF group. Also yeah, you are right. The first time we made it past T7, we had to sub one of our SMN for a friend's alt BG character.
He outdid the regular group's DPSers at the time.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
In most cases during the late week, you see nearly full statics jumping on PF looking for a rep. It works often enough from what I hear, but then again that's not really a full PF group. Also yeah, you are right. The first time we made it past T7, we had to sub one of our SMN for a friend's alt BG character.
He outdid the regular group's DPSers at the time.

sasuga

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Isn't that a universal rule? If people know how to play and the mechanics of a particular fight, they should do fine. The reason people are scared of doing pugs is because majority of ARR players aren't good.

But then again, we had an inexperienced summoner in this week's T6 but they kept their wits about themselves and we made it just fine. Didn't you have a new-ish person in your first T9 clear as well, Kagari? I guess that's not exactly the same, though.

For some people this might be a better alternative to sticking with a static that sucks week after week.

Yeah, we brought in Ken who had only been to golems up until that point. He learned really fast though, super proud of him.

studyguy

Yeah, we brought in Ken who had only been to golems up until that point. He learned really fast though, super proud of him.

First time I was brought in to T9 with my other group, made a game of trying to take out as many people as I could with Raven Blight. T9 is fun, that last transition of phase is a pain in the ass.

Only had time for one run of Syrque du Soleil last night and the only bard thing to drop? The belt.

Fuck belts. I would rather have had no bard drops. What am I even suppose to do with that belt? Improve my stats? IDGAF. No one can see that belt, unless they examine me, see that I have it equipped and just imagine how fancy it is.

Maybe they should get Nomura in, I'm sure his top priority would be to make belts actually appear on your character.

You do know you can pass right?

I decided to give spiritbonding another try. It's immensely more profitable to do it with crafting gear. On full crafting gear and accessories my WAR still has around 4k HP with Defiance on. Together with my trusty chocobo it's enough to do all the tribal dailies and kill mobs for books (though a bit slower). The cool thing is that every piece is profitable, even if you get CP materia. I've also been experimenting with low level items, given the insane prices for even level I crafting materia (except CP). What's the lowest level item that guarantees a level II materia? Google wasn't kind to me on that question and I think that may very well be the sweet-spot for spiritbonding. It bonds really fast and level II materia are more expensive than level III for some reason.

orion434

You do know you can pass right?

I decided to give spiritbonding another try. It's immensely more profitable to do it with crafting gear. On full crafting gear and accessories my WAR still has around 4k HP with Defiance on. Together with my trusty chocobo it's enough to do all the tribal dailies and kill mobs for books (though a bit slower). The cool thing is that every piece is profitable, even if you get CP materia. I've also been experimenting with low level items, given the insane prices for even level I crafting materia (except CP). What's the lowest level item that guarantees a level II materia? Google wasn't kind to me on that question and I think that may very well be the sweet-spot for spiritbonding. It bonds really fast and level II materia are more expensive than level III for some reason.

I believe ilv 35 - 44 will give Type II with the chance for Type III. I was doing this for Gathering Gear prior to 2.3 the lower the level the faster it will bond.

Competence II is more expensive than Compebtence III at the moment. I'm just stockpiling all my Materia for the next round lol

Kandinsky

So I'm up to the ultima weapon fight (storyline mission) and I'm hoping the roulette group dont make me skip all cs like they did in Rock the Castrum D:

Zomba13

So I'm up to the ultima weapon fight (storyline mission) and I'm hoping the roulette group dont make me skip all cs like they did in Rock the Castrum D:

If you missed them and want to watch them (and haven't already) then you can replay the cutscenes in any inn room.

Kandinsky

You in Ultros gaf? If so I'll go with you tonight and help put together a group for a story run.
Not in Ultros, but thanks I really appreciate it.
If you missed them and want to watch them (and haven't already) then you can replay the cutscenes in any inn room.
Even if it's not the same, that will have to do it. Thanks I did not know about that because I rarely ever go to a room lol.

MogCakes

Is is just me, or are BLMs getting harder to pull aggro off? I'm at i92 as a PLD, I really shouldn't have to be spending more than a few seconds getting aggro off them. Maybe it's just i110 BLMs? This is getting irritating.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Is is just me, or are BLMs getting harder to pull aggro off? I'm at i92 as a PLD, I really shouldn't have to be spending more than a few seconds getting aggro off them. Maybe it's just i110 BLMs? This is getting irritating.

Tell them to use Quelling Strikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom