• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't wait to clear T8. We already have enough DPS for the fight but somehow got screw eveytime we reach Allagan field phase. Got it down to 20% though.

aceface

I can't wait to clear T8. We already have enough DPS for the fight but somehow got screw eveytime we reach Allagan field phase. Got it down to 20% though.

This week we got T8 down to 0.1% (2500 hp left someone in the group told me) when it enraged. It still haunts me :(

After that we kept making dumb mistakes and didn't get the clear before reset. Using 2 tanks btw.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This week we got T8 down to 0.1% (2500 hp left someone in the group told me) when it enraged. It still haunts me :(

After that we kept making dumb mistakes and didn't get the clear before reset. Using 2 tanks btw.

It happens. We did the same thing back before we first cleared it. The important thing is to keep trying because eventually you'll get it and you'll continue to get it every time after that.

chrono01

Is is just me, or are BLMs getting harder to pull aggro off? I'm at i92 as a PLD, I really shouldn't have to be spending more than a few seconds getting aggro off them. Maybe it's just i110 BLMs? This is getting irritating.
As you probably know, BLM's are very..."burst-y". If we get a few lucky crits and procs to start the fight, it can be quite the enmity generator, especially if you use your CD rotation. It's more than likely them, not you, so don't feel bad!

Oh, and...

Tell them to use Quelling Strikes.
This.

Coming from a BLM who, up until a month or so ago, never had Quelling Strikes either. I know, it is shameful. ;_;

It is insanely useful, even with super-incredible tanks. It allows a BLM to go "all-out" at those specific burn phases, and not have to worry about getting aggro. I try to work it into my standard CD rotation now. It's especially useful during add/burn phases, like Dreadnaught in T8 or Ghost of Meracydia in T9.

chrono01

I think I'll make a macro specifically for BLMs. /p (Quelling Strikes) (Please use it.) <se.11>
You must!

If they resist, you can always threaten them with:

i80lGlyh5I9Rm.png

How are you handling the towers when Allagan Field starts?

This seems like the most important part of the strategy for the final phase of T8. Before we figured out what we ended up using on our clear, it felt impossible to heal during it as soon as second Allagan field went off with the other crap going off at nearly the same time. With the final tower order we ended up using, it was so much easier. If I hadn't screwed up by trying to buff the Allagan field person sooner than needed rather than keeping up heals on MT, we likely would have one shotted T8 last night.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
This seems like the most important part of the strategy for the final phase of T8. Before we figured out what we ended up using on our clear, it felt impossible to heal during it as soon as second Allagan field went off with the other crap going off at nearly the same time. With the final tower order we ended up using, it was so much easier. If I hadn't screwed up by trying to buff the Allagan field person sooner than needed rather than keeping up heals on MT, we likely would have one shotted T8 last night.

Yep, you can eliminate the defense towers from going off when a player has Allagan Field on them completely, which makes it so much easier for healers it's not even funny.

Tabris

Yeah, here's our T8 breakdown (thanks to Asami for final adjustments):

A = Dreadnaught
B = Defensive tower to the side
C = Landmines
D = Tank's defensive tower

Phase 3 (or Allagan Field Phase)

1st Set of Towers = Send 2 into B, 1 into C. Wait until Allagan field goes off then send that person into B to force explosion. Wait for Allagan field to go off. Send tank into D to force explosion.
2nd Set of Towers = Send 2 into A, 1 into C. Kill Dreadnaught super quick to deal with land mines. Send people into B to force explosion after dealing with land mines if needed based on timing of Allagan field.
Repeat (we never had to repeat)

Atma farming is so fucking ridiculous, man. I cannot believe they ever went ahead with this quest design. There's no progression, there's just *you might get lucky* gameplay. I don't want to pay a subscription for *you might get lucky* bloody gameplay. AT LEAST MAKE IT SEEM PROGRESSIVE.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Atma farming is so fucking ridiculous, man. I cannot believe they ever went ahead with this quest design. There's no progression, there's just *you might get lucky* gameplay. I don't want to pay a subscription for *you might get lucky* bloody gameplay. AT LEAST MAKE IT SEEM PROGRESSIVE.

Working as intended, etc.
But no, I agree with you. After getting one set I will never do it again.

Tabris

It's obvious SE has designed it so you need to pick a main job and a main crafting class.

I don't mind it so much. Specialization is sometimes a good thing.

omlet

That's why you just get a weathered weapon and upgrade it instead of wasting your life doing shitty FATEs.

How are you handling the towers when Allagan Field starts?

I don't remember about others' role but for me as BRD I run straight to AoE tower with SMN to activate it quickly and then I think tank activate another AoE and leave mine alone. We don't activate Dread tower at all if I remember correctly.

Isaccard

That's why you just get a weathered weapon and upgrade it instead of wasting your life doing shitty FATEs.

While those who persevered all the way to Customized novus will laugh at you with your weapons with w/e shitty secondaries Yoshida feels like putting on them

Grinding the Atma is the least offensive part of the quest so far, just keep at it

Liquid_015

Gold Member

I completely understand... It's such a hassle. I'm also in the middle of grinding fates for Atmas. Though, i've learned to listen to music while doing the grinding does tend to help a bit. :)

aceface

Anybody on Ultros GAF up for it tonight? The clan helped me clear Cape Westwind last night which was a huge help. Apparently the queues are very long for that Duty so big thanks to Ultros GAF.

Yeah sure, I'll be on around 9-10 eastern, just ask in FC chat.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I don't remember about others' role but for me as BRD I run straight to AoE tower with SMN to activate it quickly and then I think tank activate another AoE and leave mine alone. We don't activate Dread tower at all if I remember correctly.

Basically what you need to do is:

Put 2 people in the aoe tower right as AF goes out. One person should also go in the mines. When AF expires, put a third person in to proc the tower explosion. AF goes out and expires again. Have tank go to other aoe tower to blow it.

Second set comes up:
Put two different people in aoe tower and another different person in mines. Have a third person proc the aoe tower when AF expires. Deal with mines when they come up and ignore dreadnaught tower completely. Kill dread when it shows up.

Repeat part one.

studyguy

We ended up doing cape westwind last night for a friend who resubbed. No one wanted to go healer so we just did a madrush of DPS. Still won with 1 death. New gear breaks old instances so hard.

Sophia

I completely understand... It's such a hassle. I'm also in the middle of grinding fates for Atmas. Though, i've learned to listen to music while doing the grinding does tend to help a bit. :)

I still haven't gotten the final Atma for my first set despite starting when it came out. Put in about eight hours into Outer La Noscea at this point since getting the 11th one, no dice so far.

EDIT: AAAAAAAARGH I WANT TO STRANGLE PEOPLE.

So we're in frontlines. Twin Adder caps our base, so we go and get it back. Right as we get it back, I see my entire team just waltz off to B despite there still being three enemies there. Take a guess what happens to me and the base, I dare you. ;_;

dark_chris

We'll get through it. One way or another, we'll pass T8 =) We just need to pass the Allagan Field and it should be straight forward. Usually when the mines come, i just use Hallowed Ground for that and the tower. Its all about positioning.

Anybody on Ultros GAF up for it tonight? The clan helped me clear Cape Westwind last night which was a huge help. Apparently the queues are very long for that Duty so big thanks to Ultros GAF.

I played Mary Benedictus. You can look me up whenever you need help with something provided if I'm around and available. Most of the time, Im happy to help out!

Teknoman

So I'm up to the ultima weapon fight (storyline mission) and I'm hoping the roulette group dont make me skip all cs like they did in Rock the Castrum D:

Man no one should make you skip scenes the first time though :mad:

I usually dont get mad about things in XIV, but that just pissed me off to no end.

WolvenOne

Actually, if I could bypass Atma, I'd seriously consider starting work on a Second Novus, or at least an Animus. It's not like I have anything else to spend Myth on, and it'd give me more to do.

But, no. For me, Atma is the most offensive part of the Grind, as it's entirely Random, and doesn't actually net you an upgrade. I'm still shocked that they didn't grease the drop rate for Atma, considering how much easier the books and Alexandrites are now. If I were them, I'd be nuking Atma into oblivion, just to get more people doing secondary weapons.

Heck, if the High Allagan Battle Axe weren't increasingly looking like a very real possibility, id be considering making a second Bravura Novus with pure DPS stats. Yes, I know, but we all know that I'm almost crazy enough to do it. XD

While those who persevered all the way to Customized novus will laugh at you with your weapons with w/e shitty secondaries Yoshida feels like putting on them

Grinding the Atma is the least offensive part of the quest so far, just keep at it

Yeah it only gets worse.

...keep at it?

If I would do the Atma books again, I would go healer or tank because dps queues are the only thing stopping me from getting a book done in a day or two.

CLBridges

Been playing with my Alt. on Ultros. Only level 30 but I still see all the activity of people looking and gathering for hunts. What's funny is the catchphrase that people shout/type when someone pulls a Mark early...we got GAF'd.

What have you done on Ultros NeoGaf to deserve this lol. I've literally seen this phrase used over a dozen times since being active on this server. It's kinda funny though.

edgefusion

I want to start a second Animus for my Omnilex but I just can't stomach that Atma grind all over again. It was rough for me the first time, RNG absolutely despises me in this game, I can't handle doing it again.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I want to start a second Animus for my Omnilex but I just can't stomach that Atma grind all over again. It was rough for me the first time, RNG absolutely despises me in this game, I can't handle doing it again.

Pretty much. Just going to rely on coil weapons or tome weapons for alt classes now.

Give up for the night, 12 hours is enough wasted life. I think my part time job which is literally copying and pasting is more entertaining. SE screwed up with this quest design.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Give up for the night, 12 hours is enough wasted life. I think my part time job which is literally copying and pasting is more entertaining. SE screwed up with this quest design.

What I did was camped one FATE in each zone and did something else while I waited.

noticed lots of unhappy people tonight when S ranks started to spawn. it's always the same shit: invite, invite, invite, invite, invite, invite, invite, invite,

invite, invite, invite, invite, invite, invite, invite, invite,

and then

why couldn't you wait

you idiots

stupid impatient kids

worst thing is: it will happen every time. someone will always be late. this creates lots of frustration over some stupid seals.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
noticed lots of unhappy people tonight when S ranks started to spawn. it's always the same shit: invite, invite, invite, invite, invite, invite, invite, invite,

and then

why couldn't you wait

you idiots

stupid impatient kids

worst thing is: it will happen every time. someone will always be late. this creates lots of frustration over some stupid seals.

The thirst rages on...! Three weeks later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom