• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
People have this entitlement syndrome, like this is a single player game and every hunt belongs to them. That works in XII but not so here.

I don't really care about the seals anymore, just all of that lovely myth. It makes the books so much easier.

noticed lots of unhappy people tonight when S ranks started to spawn. it's always the same shit: invite, invite, invite, invite, invite, invite, invite, invite,

invite, invite, invite, invite, invite, invite, invite, invite,

and then

why couldn't you wait

you idiots

stupid impatient kids

worst thing is: it will happen every time. someone will always be late. this creates lots of frustration over some stupid seals.

Well some people can be real shitty. Not directly related to hunts, but I was waiting on Southern Thanaland for a FATE called Taken, so I was doing the daily beast tribe quests in the area since it was reasonably close. Someone mentions it pops and I see the progress bar going up. I shout for people to wait on it. I get there literally a minute and a half since it spawn and it was at like 90%. Managed to get silver. It was just one guy doing it with his chocobo. He already had the gold and I was on my way, he would have lost nothing by waiting, but nooo. I've never wanted to actually throw a punch at my TV and warp to another player's location as much as then. Soured my whole evening, since I've been stuck on that book for over a week.

dark_chris

Im so glad I keep myself occupied when I work on Atmas so it doesn't feel like I'm going insane.
The max i work on atmas is 3 hours.

klee123

Anyone here upgraded their PLD Relic to Novus?

I'm seriously considering a setup like this and was wondering if anyone considered it:

Main Secondary Stat: Parry
Remaining Secondary Stat: Split between ACC/DET

That way I can probably avoid the lvl 4 Materias for the secondary stats and also do a bit more damage thanks to the additional DET.

Yes I am poor =S

Zomba13

I'm seriously considering a setup like this and was wondering if anyone consider it:

That way I can probably avoid the lvl 4 Materias for the secondary stats and also do a bit more damage thanks to the additional DET.

Yes I am poor =S

I'm working on my shield at the mo going Parry/Acc. Getting Parry to 13 and Acc to 9. I need to use 2 or 3 more Battledance IV for the 13 Parry (they are like, 57k) and I dunno how high the stuff will go for the acc. If it's the same as the parry then to get it to 9 I should only need up to rank III. I'm kinda annoyed at the whole thing ebcause it was a bunch of rank I then only 1 or 2 rank II before jumping a stage. I thought it'd be at least a bit more consistent.

Not looking forward to the sword though =/

klee123

I'm working on my shield at the mo going Parry/Acc. Getting Parry to 13 and Acc to 9. I need to use 2 or 3 more Battledance IV for the 13 Parry (they are like, 57k) and I dunno how high the stuff will go for the acc. If it's the same as the parry then to get it to 9 I should only need up to rank III. I'm kinda annoyed at the whole thing ebcause it was a bunch of rank I then only 1 or 2 rank II before jumping a stage. I thought it'd be at least a bit more consistent.

Not looking forward to the sword though =/

Yeah, I decided to work on the sword first, because I figured doing damage to keep hate is more important.

Problem is that lvl 4 materia is so expensive in Adamantoise. 200K for lvl 4 ACC and over 100K for Parry.

I'm glad that I don't have to focus on Crit and Det, as those go for over 300K.

Tabris

For my Curtana Novus, I did 31 Parry (Max), 15 Accuracy, 7 Determination

For my Holy Shield Novus, I am going for 13 Parry and 9 Accuracy. No determination because I will use High Allagan Kite Shield until next relic stage and next relic stage will most likely coincide with 3rd Coil where ACC will be a problem again until geared up.

Zomba13

Why aren't you spiritbonding tank accessories.

I did a bunch of that earlier today to try and get some battledance III (using HQ amber accs). I got 1 battledance III, some ele III and IV, Vit IV and then I stopped because I got bored :(

What's the best stuff to sb for parry and acc IV?

Well some people can be real shitty. Not directly related to hunts, but I was waiting on Southern Thanaland for a FATE called Taken, so I was doing the daily beast tribe quests in the area since it was reasonably close. Someone mentions it pops and I see the progress bar going up. I shout for people to wait on it. I get there literally a minute and a half since it spawn and it was at like 90%. Managed to get silver. It was just one guy doing it with his chocobo. He already had the gold and I was on my way, he would have lost nothing by waiting, but nooo. I've never wanted to actually throw a punch at my TV and warp to another player's location as much as then. Soured my whole evening, since I've been stuck on that book for over a week.

yes, i don't really expect anything of random people anymore in FF. sad if he did that on purpose. or perhaps he was one of those weird people that ignore anything in chat. only paying attention to it when it suits them.

What GC are you?

M.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
yes, i don't really expect anything of random people anymore in FF. sad if he did that on purpose. or perhaps he was one of those weird people that ignore anything in chat. only paying attention to it when it suits them.

M.

Oh well no wonder.
Queue times as Immortal Flames in Frontlines are pretty quick.

Ken

Need a drawing of this. Lala rejection is the best rejection.

ieyuPeUOsdM7I.png

love is over

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I tried, once. Out of 10 invites, only one person accepted.

Paprikka

The best thing to do is what that one guy did in the middle of all that spam, make a party finder group. Joined one for an S rank the other day, filled in about 5 seconds.

Taruranto

While those who persevered all the way to Customized novus will laugh at you with your weapons with w/e shitty secondaries Yoshida feels like putting on them

Grinding the Atma is the least offensive part of the quest so far, just keep at it

All that BiS!

... for 3 months.

I mean, I'm doing Novus quest too, but mostly because it's some sort of long time progress I can look forward to.

So I get back home from work and log on and some one in my FC asked me if I was trolling this morning with the whole Core Blimey fate I posted about earlier today. SMDH serious business with these hunts.

Ken

So I get back home from work and log on and some one in my FC asked me if I was trolling this morning with the whole Core Blimey fate I posted about earlier today. SMDH serious business with these hunts.

When I first heard about that and saw people getting mad in shout chat, I had flashbacks to when people would get mad at others for ending Dark Devices early. It's probably worse in this case because people trying to level off that FATE will have no idea why everyone is yelling at them.

Noi

I'm seriously considering a setup like this and was wondering if anyone considered it:

Yes I am poor =S

I'm going full det/acc on my Curtana/Shield, with ACC being a means to future-proof my relic since I can just play around with my other gear. Parry isn't a very good stat on Paladin, tbh. I've got enough from my other equipment.

That said, all those Rank IV Det Materia pretty much mean I'm never gonna have any money...

When I first heard about that and saw people getting mad in shout chat, I had flashbacks to when people would get mad at others for ending Dark Devices early. It's probably worse in this case because people trying to level off that FATE will have no idea why everyone is yelling at them.

Im secretly hoping they put this method in there because of stuff like dark devices. Dev: "You guys remember when you exploited those fates?! Thanks for the idea suckers!"

It was one of the FC leaders asking me about. They were trying to make sure I wasn't trolling(I wasn't I legit didn't know) I actually shouted and owned up to my mistake. I mean this was like around 9:30 in the morning CT and since the 24 hour window past only 2 S ranks spawned prior so it was plenty of opportunities to spwan.

Sophia

For those interested, NQ Marmot Steaks from the vendor work for Brontes too. Just popped it on Ragna this way.

Weird, not working here despite the fact that his window is suppose to be open. Ah well.

EDIT: However Ovjang appears to have spawned. Huh.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
This game doesn't have a lot of twitch viewers. Any idea of what the subscription numbers are now that the PS4 had come out and things are settling?

iammeiam

10 CT2 runs since reset, no sign of my drop (or the bonus chest. ) I'm betting this is the week I cap sold solely from Circus Tower.

I really do think the DF population gets smarter later at night. First few groups of the day all wiped at least once, but by the last group everything went off without a hitch.

MogCakes

I really do think the DF population gets smarter later at night. First few groups of the day all wiped at least once, but by the last group everything went off without a hitch.

Opposite for me. Late night DF parties tend to be more idiotic and irritable in my experience.

This game doesn't have a lot of twitch viewers. Any idea of what the subscription numbers are now that the PS4 had come out and things are settling?

XIV never struck me as the kind of game that would make for good twitch content. There are a lot of new players and while the rush has leveled off there are substantially more people than before from what I can see.

Funny thing, I was doing my main scenario roulette earlier and there was one new person - the other tank, decked out in full i90 myth gear. He got it all from hunts. That system is being abused to hell.

Sorian

Banned
Funny thing, I was doing my main scenario roulette earlier and there was one new person - the other tank, decked out in full i90 myth gear. He got it all from hunts. That system is being abused to hell.

Who cares? ilvl90 is garbage tier these days.

Hasney

Weird, not working here despite the fact that his window is suppose to be open. Ah well.

The S Ranks are 48 hours, but not exactly as it can be give or take some hours, plus condition, plus RNG (I think, although that might just be because of the timing window), so it's still not an exact science to make them pop.

Yeesh, why are the glowy casting and healing robes so costly compared to the others? I wanted to buy one for my other character but I'm not paying over 2 million for them...

phierce

So...very random post, but I was fairly bored tonight and decided to try and do T5 through a solo DF. Yeah, about that...pretty rough to say the least...

I had previously DF'd (and killed) all extremes just to see how they'd go, and those were interestingly fun, in a frustrating kind of way (Titan and Levi made me bang my head a few times). Managed to get wins for others and teach/help, so it was cool.

Anyone else do this DF shit when bored?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom