• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Speaking of trash

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ibfd4D3KSw39sh.png

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I must be the slowest at leveling crafting in the game. Just doing the GC turn in takes me way too long, trying to find out which things I need, then having to switch to another crafting class to make an item needed for another recipe. I guess I should be using these leves I have saved up.

Madchad

Quick synth gives about the same as 1% HQ synth now, so just find some bulk item you can make which requires 1 material and go afk with quick synth on 99. Will cost alot of shards thisway though.

Other way involves doing leve turn ins can get 20 - 50 in one night on about 70 leve quests.

The only thing i have found to be a grind to level was fishing.

IMBored

Man there's so much to do in this game. For days now I've been thinking of doing my book dungeons, get a T6 learning party going and doing ST so I don't have to farm it the night before reset. Instead I end up leveling CUL, making the gear, the last quests, and master book items. Thankfully cul´s stupid number of mats needed for recipe, that made me fill my inventory with stupid weeds, is compensated with how easy it is to get the master book for it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Frontlines is pretty great. Went from rank 12 to 16 in a couple hours tonight and I can buy the Birdsong chest piece pretty soon. Not that I can wear it, but still.

elyetis

Frontlines is pretty great. Went from rank 12 to 16 in a couple hours tonight and I can buy the Birdsong chest piece pretty soon. Not that I can wear it, but still.
I never capped hebdo token since ffxiv began, except every week since Frontline release.
It's really my favorite content in ffxiv, queue time are mostly fine ( thought I guess it depend of hours and GC ), you can play every job you want ( but I mostly play healer because there is never enough of them ) and change it during the game.
It's fun even when you loose ( at least most of the time... complete rape usually aren't fun, but it's pretty rare ), and reward are more than fine for gear and vanity.

Allow glamour in it and I'll be perfectly happy.

I hope they will keep expending on it ( new maps, new vanity/pvp sets ).

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Man there's so much to do in this game. For days now I've been thinking of doing my book dungeons, get a T6 learning party going and doing ST so I don't have to farm it the night before reset. Instead I end up leveling CUL, making the gear, the last quests, and master book items. Thankfully cul´s stupid number of mats needed for recipe, that made me fill my inventory with stupid weeds, is compensated with how easy it is to get the master book for it.

You tell me

(Yes I do actually have a word file with my ARR information, why?)

Kyari

well there goes my plan to recruit a friend who isn't actively playing but already has an account

I still have unused guest pass keys from my 1.0 CE I may try and convince someone to use for me. Or just be my own friend and drop on a time card :( is it possible to use two 60 day cards at once?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I still have unused guest pass keys from my 1.0 CE I may try and convince someone to use for me. Or just be my own friend and drop on a time card :( is it possible to use two 60 day cards at once?

You can use Steam Wallet you know

Kyari

Do you need to we running xiv through steam to use the steam wallet to buy time?

Also that doesn't clarify if I can have someone redeem two 60 day cards to get the 90 day reward immediately

dramatis

I must be the slowest at leveling crafting in the game. Just doing the GC turn in takes me way too long, trying to find out which things I need, then having to switch to another crafting class to make an item needed for another recipe. I guess I should be using these leves I have saved up.
Shouldn't be leveling via GC turn in only. For leves you can pick a particular one, gather a ton of mats for the particular turn in, and then churn them out.

orion434

I wonder what plans SE has for new crafting gear? I mean we just got ilv 55 Accessories and all of them included some "Demimateria" to craft. I am still using the same ilv 55 left-side gear for 4 of 5 slots... ( Body, Hands, Legs & Feet ) since the launch almost 1 year ago. From desynthesizing so many Artisan Spectacles we can determine the ingredients needed to craft one if we ever get the recipe.

1x Mastercraft Demimateria
1x Fieldcraft III Demimateria
1x Rose Gold Ingot
1x Rose Gold Nugget
3x Wind Crystals
3x Fire Crystals

If at some point we can craft the Artisan Equipment, then we can HQ it... maybe that will be the next Tier of crafting gear?

They will be available for trade-in the same as the Artisan Spectacles... but only in NQ, then we desynth them for the Mastercraft + Fieldcraft III Demimateria and make HQ versions?

I'm saving my excess Mastercraft Demimateria... they are actually selling for less than Fieldcraft III on Ultros. I have a feeling they will be need for something other than the Supra Primary Tools.

Paprikka

Do you need to we running xiv through steam to use the steam wallet to buy time?

You can only pay for your sub with your steam wallet if you purchased the game through steam.

Also that doesn't clarify if I can have someone redeem two 60 day cards to get the 90 day reward immediately

You should be able to since the page says: "To receive reward items immediately, you must purchase subscription days using a game time card. Items will be delivered via the moogle delivery service."

Nohar

So, I was happy to win the BRD hat at Syrcus Tower... Then I realized the stats were really not good (no Accurancy, nor Critical) :'( I should have waited for an opportunity to get the body instead. Hitting the Accuracy cap for Leviathan, Mog and T5 is a bit tedious (well, I certainly can't wear the BRD hat from CT2 if I want to hit the cap ~ oh well, glamour until then).

I'm kinda lost... What should I get in priority for my Bard with my soldiery? I'm full Myth + Zenith Bow (and a Darklight ring).

Oh well, I'm back to crafting, just for making some money. I'm also currently at 73 dlvl in Goldsmith (it's beginning to take some time to increase). I thought some items wouldn't be bought anymore by the time I came back, but turns out the prices increased instead. If someone has a link to a table showing what to meld where on my crafting equipment (including the new ilvl 55 accessories and belt), I would be thankful. I'm also interested by the same thing for gathering equipment.

Ken

So, I was happy to win the BRD hat at Syrcus Tower... Then I realized the stats were really not good (no Accurancy, nor Critical) :'( I should have waited for an opportunity to get the body instead. Hitting the Accuracy cap for Leviathan, Mog and T5 is a bit tedious (well, I certainly can't wear the BRD hat from CT2 if I want to hit the cap ~ oh well, glamour until then).

I'm kinda lost... What should I get in priority for my Bard with my soldiery? I'm full Myth + Zenith Bow (and a Darklight ring).

Oh well, I'm back to crafting, just for making some money. I'm also currently at 73 dlvl in Goldsmith (it's beginning to take some time to increase). I thought some items wouldn't be bought anymore by the time I came back, but turns out the prices increased instead. If someone has a link to a table showing what to meld where on my crafting equipment (including the new ilvl 55 accessories and belt), I would be thankful.

amon's hat is pretty popular vanity so that's something. the det is also pretty nice and since you're using the artemis bow, acc shouldn't be a huge issue.

if you want to be frugal with soldiery and buy only what you'll use for long term, just buy the chest, belt, earring, and ring; everything else can and should be replaced by coil2 gear with CT2 being temporary substitutes. amon's breeches and amon's boots are really good i100 freebies from CT2, the former especially if you don't have t5 pants and plan to go rosenbogen.

in the gear calculator i made a set with artemis bow zenith, soldiery body, belt, and ring, remaining left side is Amon's set, and right side is myth accessories. all of this puts you right at 471 accuracy which, food or not, should get you acceptable hitrate for T5 and T6.

Ken

Truth to be told, I completly forgot about the food. Thank you very much for your sound advices :D

if you sit at full myth + an auroral ring, that puts you at 471 as well it seems. i'd probably go into t5 without acc food at that point, althought if you're still worried you can just eat deviled eggs i guess.

IMBored

amon's hat is pretty popular vanity so that's something. the det is also pretty nice and since you're using the artemis bow, acc shouldn't be a huge issue.

if you want to be frugal with soldiery and buy only what you'll use for long term, just buy the chest, belt, earring, and ring; everything else can and should be replaced by coil2 gear with CT2 being temporary substitutes. amon's breeches and amon's boots are really good i100 freebies from CT2, the former especially if you don't have t5 pants and plan to go rosenbogen.

in the gear calculator i made a set with artemis bow zenith, soldiery body, belt, and ring, remaining left side is Amon's set, and right side is myth accessories. all of this puts you right at 471 accuracy which, food or not, should get you acceptable hitrate for T5 and T6.

A lot better than me that, with Rosenbogen and most sold gear, sit at 421 acc. Got a lot of skill speed tough.

Ken

A lot better than me that, with Rosenbogen and most sold gear, sit at 421 acc. Got a lot of skill speed tough.

yeah they stuck accuracy on a ton of HA pieces (mask, gloves, boots) so getting one or two of those helps immensely. i'm still sitting at 501 though so I need to eat stuffed cabbage for T9.

kierwynn

well there goes my plan to recruit a friend who isn't actively playing but already has an account

Bah, I think every friend I have that wants to play already has an account. Maybe I can convince my sister to try it out for a little bit since I have an extra PC code hmmmm

Ken

Bah, I think every friend I have that wants to play already has an account. Maybe I can convince my sister to try it out for a little bit since I have an extra PC code hmmmm

yeah i was hoping they'd let you give it to friends with inactive accounts and that would count too...it's kind of like recruiting people!!?

Valonquar

Time to create a "friend" account and get the swag. I imagine that 20% xp bonus will be nice for the first few hours of rouge/ninja power leveling.

Claymore

Was lucky and unlucky today. Just bought an Atma book and first thing I do is the FATES, because the camping is horrible.

I needed "Taken" and "Tower of Power". After a few teleport "Taken" popped, which is I heard an extremely rare FATE, so I suppose I was super lucky it popped after 5 minutes of searching. So I shouted that taken had popped, nobody responded, so I cleared it.

Then I teleported to Coerthas immediatly and saw that "Tower of Power" was up. It was at 20% iirc when I looked. I started running towards the spot and saw that was progressing fast! So I shouted and asked for a hold on the FATE.

When I got there, I saw massive spells being casts and I could get in one hit in before it cleared. I checked the two players that were doing it and they both had an Atma.

So it just popped again, after 1.5/2 hours waiting. These books are worse than Atma farming.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
CraftingAsAService.com helps out a ton. Use the recipe book to add the GC turn ins you want to do and let the site tell you what you'll need.

I played Mary Benedictus. You can look me up whenever you need help with something provided if I'm around and available. Most of the time, Im happy to help out!

I play Ermiance Arscelin. Wish I could go back and change my name to something shorter, lol.

Thanks for helping out the other night with Cape Westwind. I did Castrum Meridianum with a PUG last night and we beat it on the first try. Even after our main tank ragequit halfway through.

krpiper

So I had some PSN wallet credit left over, so I bought the ps3 copy and did the digital ps4 upgrade for only $5!

Its my "first" MMO (I have only put 20 hours into wow or so), so any tips for a brand new newb? Also what server should I be playing on? Is there a "GAF" server?

dark_chris

I play Ermiance Arscelin. Wish I could go back and change my name to something shorter, lol.

Thanks for helping out the other night with Cape Westwind. I did Castrum Meridianum with a PUG last night and we beat it on the first try. Even after our main tank ragequit halfway through.

No biggie! If you decide to do the last dungeon (Praetorium) let us know and we can get a GAF party going. If you PUG it, you're gonna get a bunch of people who will NOT wait for you to watch your cutscenes. Doesn't happen often but can happen.

So I had some PSN wallet credit left over, so I bought the ps3 copy and did the digital ps4 upgrade for only $5!

Its my "first" MMO (I have only put 20 hours into wow or so), so any tips for a brand new newb? Also what server should I be playing on? Is there a "GAF" server?

GAF is mostly on the Ultros server. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom