• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isaccard

So I had some PSN wallet credit left over, so I bought the ps3 copy and did the digital ps4 upgrade for only $5!

Its my "first" MMO (I have only put 20 hours into wow or so), so any tips for a brand new newb? Also what server should I be playing on? Is there a "GAF" server?

Ultros

Three weeks and the joke has been beaten into the ground to the extent of being par with an Internet meme being used in a RomCom.

2664705-14672706204_4f4f5d91e0_o.png

Taruranto

lol, you guys are popular!

A similar situation it's happening on Ragna with a different FC, who get called every time a pull happens (despite the fact they may or may not be there).

Isaccard

lol, you guys are popular!

A similar situation it's happening on Ragna with a different FC, who get called every time a pull happens (despite the fact they may or may not be there).

Going by pervious posts in this thread based on similar anecdotal evidence your server might be shitty

Was lucky and unlucky today. Just bought an Atma book and first thing I do is the FATES, because the camping is horrible.

I needed "Taken" and "Tower of Power". After a few teleport "Taken" popped, which is I heard an extremely rare FATE, so I suppose I was super lucky it popped after 5 minutes of searching. So I shouted that taken had popped, nobody responded, so I cleared it.

Then I teleported to Coerthas immediatly and saw that "Tower of Power" was up. It was at 20% iirc when I looked. I started running towards the spot and saw that was progressing fast! So I shouted and asked for a hold on the FATE.

When I got there, I saw massive spells being casts and I could get in one hit in before it cleared. I checked the two players that were doing it and they both had an Atma.

So it just popped again, after 1.5/2 hours waiting. These books are worse than Atma farming.

Those are exactly the 2 FATES I need : (.

It's been over a week (I've been doing other things in the mean time, but still) and I still can't get them.

Edit:

Blizzinga

Also, this is damn good.

MechaX

So healing is literally the most stressful and unfun thing ever (I don't care about "well, if you have a good group-" rationales, my heart has been forged by the flames of Low Level Duty Roulette).

... But for some reason I'm addicted to it. God why

Nohar

So healing is literally the most stressful and unfun thing ever (I don't care about "well, if you have a good group-" rationales, my heart has been forged by the flames of Low Level Duty Roulette).

I found healing jobs to be considerably boring at low level (though it begins to get tough around Brayflox, before becoming quite easy again). However, this job becomes very stressful on some fights (let's just say I've been traumatized by Titan back then).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Go SCH or go home.

Taruranto

Mechanics wise, SCH is the best and most unique job in the game.

Plus you can do Low Level dungeons AFK.

creid

And not a single one decided to look at the chat and say, "hey, what if I just start my own group and invite all these other people?!"
Whenever I do that I end up with a 2-3 person party because everyone else actually got invited. PF is definitely the way to go.

I found healing jobs to be considerably boring at low level (though it begins to get tough around Brayflox, before becoming quite easy again). However, this job becomes very stressful on some fights (let's just say I've been traumatized by Titan back then).
As a SCH i love the healing job,
Unless im playing the lost city of amdapor... this dongeon final fight is horrible as a healrr

Sophia

I love both healer jobs, and healing in this game in general. But Scholar has become my main due to how versatile it is.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

Sigh.

Cmagus

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/friend_recruit/

Recruit a friend campaign!
2 person mount and a pretty headpiece.
All of my friends already play.. :(

Such a dick move in my opinion. I've already recruited two friends and having 90 day subscription requirement is ridiculous. They might as well just open a cash shop at this point because the alternative is to pay for a second account for 90 days you might as well straight up charge cash for the items.

draw4wild

Was lucky and unlucky today. Just bought an Atma book and first thing I do is the FATES, because the camping is horrible.

I needed "Taken" and "Tower of Power". After a few teleport "Taken" popped, which is I heard an extremely rare FATE, so I suppose I was super lucky it popped after 5 minutes of searching. So I shouted that taken had popped, nobody responded, so I cleared it.

Then I teleported to Coerthas immediatly and saw that "Tower of Power" was up. It was at 20% iirc when I looked. I started running towards the spot and saw that was progressing fast! So I shouted and asked for a hold on the FATE.

When I got there, I saw massive spells being casts and I could get in one hit in before it cleared. I checked the two players that were doing it and they both had an Atma.

So it just popped again, after 1.5/2 hours waiting. These books are worse than Atma farming.

I don't understand why people will finish rare fates without waiting for other people, but you pull a B rank hunt 10 seconds early and everyone loses there minds

Still aren't allowed to switch

studyguy

I have the healers geared, but fuck me if I'll ever actually use it.
Last thing I legit tried to heal was Stone Vigil and the tank died immediately. Some of us ain't cut for it.
I'm just gonna take a beating for you as a tank, not throw you some bandaids after the fact.

Also my static is having a fucking meltdown. Sad times man.

Isaccard

I have the healers geared, but fuck me if I'll ever actually use it.
Last thing I legit tried to heal was Stone Vigil and the tank died immediately. Some of us ain't cut for it.
I'm just gonna take a beating for you as a tank, not throw you some bandaids after the fact.

Also my static is having a fucking meltdown. Sad times man.

Sch healing is mostly brain dead Eos carrying. Was the tank using cool downs?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Leveling up my SCH, looking forward to healing.

Tanking is too easy in a lot of late-game encounters. I was hoping for something more exciting, but even the DPS have more interesting things to do than I.

Claymore

I don't understand why people will finish rare fates without waiting for other people, but you pull a B rank hunt 10 seconds early and everyone loses there minds

Never looked at it that way, but this was much more frustrating than losing an A or B rank hunt indeed.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's a matter of numbers. I get pissed when someone doesn't wait on FATEs, but I'm just one guy. When someone pulls a hunt "early", upwards of 20 people could be "left out", and a few of them will air their grievances, encouraging other people to vent as well.

Just got an e-mail about a 14 day trial beginning for new players. Coupled with the friend referral starting at the same time...is this normal or some reason for concern?

Press Release said:
Starting today, players can try out the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY XIV®: A Realm Reborn™ online adventure for free. The 14-day free trial program allows new players an opportunity to join over 2 million adventurers worldwide who have already begun their journey throughout the realm of Eorzea®.

By downloading and installing the free trial software, which is available at www.ffxiv-freetrial.com, players can play for free for up to 14 days from account creation to a maximum level of twenty. Free trial players will have certain limitations on available in-game activities. More details are available on “The Lodestone,” the official FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn community page: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/.

The online game offers a wealth of playable content updates, including the recently released, Defenders of Eorzea, the Patch 2.3 update. It features Frontline, the three-faction PVP where up to 72 players can go head-to-head in direct combat; Chocobo® Raising, where players can train their favorite feathered companion to reach its full potential.

studyguy

Just got an e-mail about a 14 day trial beginning for new players. Coupled with the friend referral starting at the same time...is this normal or some reason for concern?

They added an INVITE A FRIEND initiative. You get a big horsebird for getting someone addicted.

studyguy

I think he means it might be SE entering panic mode over losing subs.

Beats me, I recall them getting criticized over not having an absolutely free trial more than anything. The chocobo mount was announced ages ago so it just sort of sounds like they're killing two birds
CHOCOBOS, I MISSED THE PUN BUT FUCK IT EDIT
with one stone. Get more people, lower the bar for entry.

Jayhawk

The recruit-a-friend and free trial campaigns were probably in the works for a long, long time, instead of some knee-jerk reaction. SE is pretty slow with these things.

I think he means it might be SE entering panic mode over losing subs.

Lots of MMO has free trials. Is a common sense thing, give the chance to people to try the game without the need of buying it, like a demo. The strange thing was the XIV didn't had one yet, I guess to maximize retail sales? who knows.

Dosn't exactly mean anything.

Isaccard

The recruit-a-friend and free trial campaigns were probably in the works for a long, long time, instead of some knee-jerk reaction. SE is pretty slow with these things.

Yeah, this was definitely planned

I don't think they're worrying about losing subs either when the game is doing so well after it's first year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom