• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frazley

I want the pendant and mount, but don't know anyone who wants to play.

Already bought the soundtracks, I'll just do without the mount for now.

Isaccard

Trying to get some clarification on the recruit a friend. If I have an inactive account, can I use that as the "friend" by adding the sub time to it?

studyguy

Trying to get some clarification on the recruit a friend. If I have an inactive account, can I use that as the "friend" by adding the sub time to it?

I would hazard a guess that the person has to be completely new to the game.

Nevermind, apparently a Reddit user threw the code on an inactive sub account and it worked

Cmagus

I think it needs to be a fresh new account.

"When your friend receives your message with the enclosed recruitment code, have them create a Square Enix account if they have yet to do so, then register the recruitment code via the Mog Station."

The 30 day subscription that comes with the game does not count so your friend would have to purchase the 90 days on top of the 30 day brand new game time.

For anyone wondering if you could stick a Roe on a Lala-sized choco. Nope. :(

14609911548_d1dc86fb42_o.png

Isaccard

Turns out inactive accounts that have no additional time beyond the free 30 days are eligible

Was any additional payment applied to that account, outside of the initial game purchase?
If yes, then the account can't use a Friend Code.
If no, then the account should have a section to enter the Friend Code. Log into Mog Station, go to Account Services, and one of the buttons should say something like "Enter Friend Code."
First, ensure the Friend Code has been registered on the account, THEN apply the subscription fee. Do not reverse the order.

Here I come chocobro

Nice reading comprehension nin py

Paprikka

Shame they didn't tie this into the welcome back campaign from a bit ago, had a few friends that were thinking of resubbing after seeing some of the new stuff, but they've all paid for months previously.

WolvenOne

Heh, dire Chocobo. XD

Also, something that occurred to me today. You know how there was news that SE was doing preliminary work on a prequel trilogy to an undisclosed franchise?

Well, I occurred to me that, of all thier recent titles, the only thing that'd really get me excited would be a prequel trilogy to 14, with the first two fleshing out the lore, and the third being a single player recap of 1.0.

Id be shocked if it actually happened, but still, it's the only thing I can think of that'd be a smart move.

Reknoc

By itself the 2 person chocobo is cool but as an idea that can be expanded on its rather interesting. Maybe the future holds chocobo carriage mounts that can take light or even full parties.

WolvenOne

Honestly, the mounts neat, but I have a hard time seeing me bothering with a referral program. I dunno, they've always somehow rubbed me the wrong way.

SkyOdin

Heh, dire Chocobo. XD

Also, something that occurred to me today. You know how there was news that SE was doing preliminary work on a prequel trilogy to an undisclosed franchise?

Well, I occurred to me that, of all thier recent titles, the only thing that'd really get me excited would be a prequel trilogy to 14, with the first two fleshing out the lore, and the third being a single player recap of 1.0.

Id be shocked if it actually happened, but still, it's the only thing I can think of that'd be a smart move.

I was considering the same thing. It feels like they had a ton of story ideas planned out for 1.0 they never got around to, both for the time frame 5 years before the present (just before the Calamity) and 15 years before the present (around the time of the Lake SIlvertear incident). There are still a lot of dangling plot threads from 1.0 that haven't been followed up on.

It isn't likely, but it would be interesting.

Authority

Banned
/ranton

This fucking AoeDelay/PS4/3/PCSync/Godknowswhat shit is irritating. I had to use SPEED mantra as a Monk to finish Titan Extreme.

And oh,

No one wants to do Ifrit Extreme on Phoenix. Not even on Duty Finder.

/rantoff

edit:missed my DF. God damn you.

Ken

Remind me, is there any way to use funds from paypal to subscribe?

Yes, you can buy crysta through UltimatePay (or something) which accepts PayPal. All of this you can find on the account management site.

You then change your subscription payment method to crysta. It's 1 crysta = 1 penny so 1499 crysta for $14.99. There's a 10k crysta limit monthly though.

BadRNG

Those are exactly the 2 FATES I need : (.

It's been over a week (I've been doing other things in the mean time, but still) and I still can't get them.
I've never found the animus book fate camping to be that terrible. It's not thrilling, but I just turn sound on (normally play with it off) and play other games/do other stuff alt tabbed while waiting to hear the sound of it popping.

I don't understand why people will finish rare fates without waiting for other people, but you pull a B rank hunt 10 seconds early and everyone loses there minds
Maybe they don't read shout? Or they waited a long time for it to pop and don't see why they should wait for someone who didn't. And if there are multiple people there, and fate is in progress, if even one person doesn't stop then everyone will continue killing because they don't want to risk not getting gold. I don't mind waiting, even reset boss fate once for someone on their way, but it doesn't surprise me when people don't wait.

If the fate is far from an aether, or is one that is over fast, you should really always camp these to be safe.

Sophia

You know, hunting S and A ranks with the way the system is now is kind of a waste of time.

Hunting B Ranks however is quite fun. I can solo those, they're moderately challenging, and I don't have the server running like mad to kill it.

Sophia

Come on man pulling early B mobs is cheap shit.

If someone finds it and can solo it, there's nothing "cheap" about it. They were intended to be soloed from the developer's own word. :p

At least on Adamantoise there is no obligation to report a a B rank mob anymore and almost all the LSes have told people to stop reporting them. If they ever accepted them to begin with.

WolvenOne

I was considering the same thing. It feels like they had a ton of story ideas planned out for 1.0 they never got around to, both for the time frame 5 years before the present (just before the Calamity) and 15 years before the present (around the time of the Lake SIlvertear incident). There are still a lot of dangling plot threads from 1.0 that haven't been followed up on.

It isn't likely, but it would be interesting.

Not likely indeed, but still probably the best move they could make in terms of spinoff games.

I mean, Kingdom Hearts has had so many side games that an additional three wouldn't have any impact whatsoever. Final Fantasy XIII is so played out that I have a hard time seeing even SE doubling down on it. XV isn't even released yet, so announcing a prequel trilogy to that so soon would be nuts.

XIV on the other hand, is fairly new, reasonably popular, and is unique in that any side story could benefit from two levels of asset recycling. As in, the side stories could borrow models from XIV 2.0 and 1.0, and any new models produced can very easily be used in future XIV patches. It'd make development of such a product far more affordable than anything else SE could throw together, short of a 3DS or mobile title.

Sadly, we probably are talking about a 3DS or mobile title, and they probably won't be a prequel to XIV. Among other things, finding a component director whom wouldn't mind the XIV team having veto power over them would be difficult, and Yoshida and company wouldn't have the resources to work on these products while also working on XIV proper. So logistical issues such as these would probably derail any notion fairly early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom