• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLBridges

No, the new version of the Primal Weapons are somehow related to crafting. I'm assuming you use the new DeSynthisis options to get the ingredients from the HM Primal weapons, then re-assemble them into the i95 weapons.

That's entirely speculation on my part though.

Thanks! What you said makes sense though. I generally had no clue, but tying it to crafting is cool.

Jayhawk

Tempted, how much are the tickets again?

I can get airplane tickets for about 200, (close proximity to Vegas and all,) so if the tickets and hotel fare aren't bad I might be able to manage it.

Tickets to the event are $120 USD.

Hotel fare in Las Vegas can be pretty cheap if you share rooms with others, like what a lot of people do when they go to Las Vegas for EVO. If you want to save even more, try to look for a hotel off the strip.

WolvenOne

120?

Welp, if that code is still available, I'd love it if you could PM it to me. Sounds like Hotel fare will be the biggest expense, and I'm pretty certain I can manage that.

If you do decide to PM it to me, many thanks. If not, I totally understand. XD

Jayhawk

120?

Welp, if that code is still available, I'd love it if you could PM it to me. Sounds like Hotel fare will be the biggest expense, and I'm pretty certain I can manage that.

I am surprised you didn't get an email with the details and code, since you're an active subscriber to the game. If the other dude does not give out his code, I will offer mine since I will be using the rest of my vacation days this year in Tokyo and TGS.

Well, at least people will have a reason to help people like me through the Coil. I'm pretty much set for it, might still try this weekend though. New content is always nice.

BTW do Godbert and Hildy often run around the three main towns starting dance parties? Or was last night an exclusive odd event?

Pics of me joining in the fun!

WDRKSRg.png

PI9tzJe.png

rDqkpdD.png
the party begins in Limsa

and went on in Gridania, I figure it moved to Ul'dah too, but I had Illuminati to murder.

Sorian

Banned
Well, at least people will have a reason to help people like me through the Coil. I'm pretty much set for it, might still try this weekend though. New content is always nice.

BTW do Godbert and Hildy often run around the three main towns starting dance parties? Or was last night an exclusive odd event?

and went on in Gridania, I figure it moved to Ul'dah too, but I had Illuminati to murder.

Is that Hildy's dad dancing in the background in gridania?

Mesharey

120?

Check your PM.

orion434

Patch Notes came out real early, starting to stockpile what I think I need, Dodore Wings have a use now, going to Spiritbond some gathering Materia this weekend, so I can make the new ilv 55 accessories and meld them right away :)

Oh wow, average item level 70 for the new dungeons. I sure hope that means tanks will stop trying to speed run everything regardless of the party's gear or makeup (Doubtful)

Looks like Pride. :3!

Noi

Psh, as if anyone gets stuck on Ifrit.

*raiseds hand*

You can absolutely get stuck on Ifrit EX if the only healers you ever find insist on making things hard on everyone else by not swapping positions when they have the debuff cast on them.

Paprikka

Looks like that 48k seal pepper is for resetting chocobo skill points. It's almost 5 times the cost to reset your own, but I guess most people will only ever use it once.

Jayhawk

He calls it a garb of shame, I call it the key to victory. It almost worked out, so I mean... maybe there's something to it.

Maybe... I am a hero after all.

We don't think like that; when we think there's no hope left we keep looking until we find some. Maybe Cocoon is past saving Rafflesia is past clearing, but we'll protect kill it or die trying. We live to make the impossible possible - that is our focus.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
It's kind of messed up for new players that they have personal housing available only to people with at least one lvl 50.

I didn't see it in the patch notes, but hopefully they add the ability to have a chocobo out and queue up.

Also they need to add the ability to have a minion out with a chocobo. I'm sorry PS3 players, but it must be done.

aceface

It's kind of messed up for new players that they have personal housing available only to people with at least one lvl 50.

I didn't see it in the patch notes, but hopefully they add the ability to have a chocobo out and queue up.

Also they need to add the ability to have a minion out with a chocobo. I'm sorry PS3 players, but it must be done.

YoshiP said they still haven't figured out how to allow queuing with a chocobo and they don't know when it's coming :(

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
YoshiP said they still haven't figured out how to allow queuing with a chocobo and they don't know when it's coming :(

The duty finder relies on a system where it checks your current party to see what you are eligible for. The programmers should be able to make it so that the chocobo isn't recognized as an actual party member when this check occurs (It has to check for something anyways since it does know you have a chocobo out when you try and queue). They could just have the chocobo autodismiss when the commencement is clicked.

Pixels

I want to try this game but for some reason the art style really puts me off. I love FF XI's art style. Is there any way to try it out on PS4 for free?

Jayhawk

The duty finder relies on a system where it checks your current party to see what you are eligible for. The programmers should be able to make it so that the chocobo isn't recognized as an actual party member when this check occurs (It has to check for something anyways since it does know you have a chocobo out when you try and queue). They could just have the chocobo autodismiss when the commencement is clicked.

This was addressed at E3 by YoshiP, as quoted below. Considering how much trouble they're having to get DF to work with 24-man premades and the current state of the PvP matchmaking system, their duty finder code must be a horrific mess.

Any update to the ability to queue with your Chocobo?
We know that players really want this, system wise it’s very difficult to do, as it ties into the Duty Finder, as well as new content. We are working on it and trying many different options. As it’s tied to content we would have to stop adding content temporarily to then go back and add the ability to queue with your Chocobo, we want to do it without affecting other parts of the game so we can’t say when you should expect this change. We designed the Companion System to be a part of the party, and there are many benefits to having it as a party member, so if we were to just remove the Chocobo in the party this would create its own problems without the benefits.

Isaccard

Can I see your C++ certificate pls

Alfebit

Banned
I want to try this game but for some reason the art style really puts me off. I love FF XI's art style. Is there any way to try it out on PS4 for free?

If you buy it on ps3 you can upgrade it to ps4 for free.
Cheeky response is cheeky.

Other than that I don't think so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom