• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question, how on earth do you do treasure map stuff? I remember doing a quest about it a few months ago and it taught me the abilities for it, but found nothing to do with it after that.

IMBored

The probability of wining a 32 man roll on a chest that might not even drop is low, but, unlike T7, it can be runned several times a week. Either way, pray to RNJesus and offer carbuncles as sacrifice.

Quick question, how on earth do you do treasure map stuff? I remember doing a quest about it a few months ago and it taught me the abilities for it, but found nothing to do with it after that.

You have to mine at a level 40+ mining/botanist node, that might get you a map. Then do what you did in the quest.

Mairu

Partially looking forward to Savage coil... but on the other hand I was enjoying the one hour a week raid :<

Not looking forward to Savage T7.

The challenge log rewards for A Wolf in Your Belly and Thrown to the Wolves will now be based on your PvP rank.

A Wolf in Your Belly: 10% of EXP until your next rank.

Thrown to the Wolves: 15% of EXP until your next rank.

Wtf is wrong with them? They couldn't have just made this change in ANY of the patches before this one lol? 25% is massive when it comes to the higher ranks, guess they still want people to do wolves den to at least get their 10 games/3 wins in for free xp.

Liking those balance changes for pvp also, most pvp abilities needed the cd reduction and then the cc changes aren't overly nerfing anything that didn't needed to be nerfed much.

dramatis

Potted Dragon Tree (Furnishing)
A pruned and potted dragon tree. It is said that anyone in the presence of this breed of flora is unable to tell a lie, though it might also be that anyone in the presence of a dragon tree is unable to ask the hard questions.
Bara we need one of these

The answer to the 4th chest of Circus Tower:
Emperor's Throne (Furnishing)
Grant boons and make decrees in style while lounging in this near-perfect replica of Emperor Xande's throne.

* Cannot be retrieved once placed.
* One per estate only.
Hold onto your butts

Double Feather Bed (Furnishing)
Made from the feathers of forty-leven geese, this large bed can hold approximately eight children, four hound dogs, and a piggy stolen from the shed.
Bara we need one of these too, jeezus

Eorzean Map Table (Table)
Many a military maneuver was deliberated around this map table, appropriated from the Stone Vigil.
Oh yes because we clearly need more Eorzean Maps

draw4wild

So much info.....no real complaints

Sucks I'll have to do the 3 new dungeons on day one or miss out on alexandrite daily for that day

Did it say allied marks are only available from the elite hunts?

WolvenOne

So much info.....no real complaints

Sucks I'll have to do the 3 new dungeons on day one or miss out on alexandrite daily for that day

Did it say allied marks are only available from the elite hunts?

Looks like any hunts will give you some marks, but my guess is that there'll be an order of magnitude difference in the reward you get from an Elite Hunt, vs a basic one.

Incidentally, while I may be wrong, it looks like the Hunt Armor we saw in the trailer is going to be ilvl70. So, mostly a vanity piece, for anyone that isn't a new player.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Okay, dumb question but does the disc version for PS4 give you a digital download? My googling says yes but I registered my code and I still can't boot the game up without the disc. Please help. &#128557;

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Okay, dumb question but does the disc version for PS4 give you a digital download? My googling says yes but I registered my code and I still can't boot the game up without the disc. Please help. &#128557;

You need to put in the disc to load in the client unless you specifically bought the digital only version.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
They are no longer giving you as much soldiery for Brayflox and Halatali. They are also no longer in the expert roulette, fuck.

WolvenOne

Stanley just became a little less stressed somewhere.

Definitely that, plus there's a lot of lil boss fights here and there where the logical place to Tank things would be right up against that barrier, if it wasn't for the fact that it blocked the camera.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Okay so one of my favorite parts of Balmung so far - Becuase character creation is restricted for 2/3 of the day, gil seller spam is next to nonexistent. In my week and a half playing there I think I've gotten tells... twice?

chris-013

Did my first garuda extreme yesterday... Very cool mechanic with the new plume !
So what I need to do to unlock Ramuh in 2.3 ?

Sorian

Banned
Did my first garuda extreme yesterday... Very cool mechanic with the new plume !
So what I need to do to unlock Ramuh in 2.3 ?

Ramuh hard? Be up to date on the main storyline and be ready to do the new quests that release.

Ramuh extreme? Beat Levi and moogle mog extreme which requires you to have beaten the other three in extreme at the moment.

dramatis

Handy scrubby chart for lazy bums:
uxvT5UV.jpg

The mandragora minions will probably interact with each other. I expect a soap opera:
Mandragora Queen (Minion)
Though wed to the Tomato King in a move to strengthen the bond of Houses Tomato and Mandragora, the queen longs to steal away with her one true love—the Eggplant Knight. What will become of this forbidden romance!? Use item to acquire the Mandragora Queen minion and find out!

chrono01

haven't read through the patch notes yet, but I will shortly!

It's not actually nerfed. The original duration of Manawall was 60s, and chances are if you activated Manawall you knew you were getting hit once or twice during those 60s. They reduced the time on the status to 20s; however, chances are if you activated Manawall you know you're getting hit within the next 20s.

Twenty seconds is more than enough time to get hit twice really, in most of the endgame fights.
This is true, although I liked having the 60 second duration ManaWall for Meteor Streams on T9. Basically, if I timed it just as the second Stardust was being cast, it would be available for both the first and second set of streams, which protected me against all of those attacks [unless I was unlucky enough to get targeted by all three streams for the first/second set or accidentally got hit by a party members' stream]. Now I'll have to just wait and use it for the second set, since those are the ones that are especially dangerous [if you get targeted by two in the same set]. I'll still be able to use it for the Dive Bomb/Meteor Streams in the final phase, so that shouldn't be too bad. But still. ~_~

Sorry Kawazi/Alena. It looks as though you'll need to heal me for the first Meteor Stream if I get targeted!

Ah man...
Makaoto loves manawall :(.
I do love ManaWall, and I will still [likely] love it. Just probably not as much as before. :(

'tis a sad day indeed. I'm happy to hear about our Fire I/Fire III spells getting a potency increase, though. I will not complain!

Valor

Ramuh extreme? Beat Levi and moogle mog extreme which requires you to have beaten the other three in extreme at the moment.

Didn't they already ease that restriction? I could have sworn they did that in 2.28 where you can run them without the EX Titan clear.

WolvenOne

Incidentally, I'm quite pleased to see that CT2 has an ilvl70 requirement. It's high enough that it all but guarantees players will have to have been playing the end game for a few weeks before joining up.

I mean besides trolling, that was the most frequent problem with CT1. Though to be clear, this isn't a elitism thing, rather it's just that, things get more complex at the end game, and it useually takes players a few weeks to get used to that once they hit fifty.

Sorian

Banned
Didn't they already ease that restriction? I could have sworn they did that in 2.28 where you can run them without the EX Titan clear.

It's actually ifrit ex that needs to be cleared to get to them and no, that restriction will be gone in 2.3, it is still in the game at the moment.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Incidentally, I'm quite pleased to see that CT2 has an ilvl70 requirement. It's high enough that it all but guarantees players will have to have been playing the end game for a few weeks before joining up.

I mean besides trolling, that was the most frequent problem with CT1. Though to be clear, this isn't a elitism thing, rather it's just that, things get more complex at the end game, and it useually takes players a few weeks to get used to that once they hit fifty.

But you can get pretty close to i90 in a few days now.

Deepo

Hello XIV Gaf. I want to make a new character on Sargatanas, which is full. Can I delete an older character on the same server and then make a new one?

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Hello XIV Gaf. I want to make a new character on Sargatanas, which is full. Can I delete an older character on the same server and then make a new one?

Character creation restrictions are time-based. So if you deleted your character you still wouldn't be able to make it until the restriction lifted.

I think Sarg is pretty close to balmung - try sometime between midnight and 9am pst.

Deepo

Character creation restrictions are time-based. So if you deleted your character you still wouldn't be able to make it until the restriction lifted.

I think Sarg is pretty close to balmung - try sometime between midnight and 9am pst.

Thanks for the info. I realized I had an old character that I hadn't logged in with since before RR, so I was able to morph that one into the one I wanted.

Enjolras

Neo Member
Best thing about this new patch?

The effects of Shield Oath/Sword Oath/Defiance will not be lost upon incapacitation.

Anything else is a bonus.

WolvenOne

But you can get pretty close to i90 in a few days now.

If you know what you're doing, yes. If you're brand new to this game and just hit fifty for the very first time, probably not.

If you can hit i90 in a few days, on your first class, then you're probably either skilled or motivated enough that you shouldn't be a significant problem with CT2.

LowParry

So any static groups on GAF? SCH or BLM needed? It just doesn't feel like an MMO if I can't get into doing end game content with fellow players. Playing FFXIV casual is very bizarre.

WolvenOne

Best thing about this new patch?

The effects of Shield Oath/Sword Oath/Defiance will not be lost upon incapacitation.

Anything else is a bonus.

I'll admit that's nice, and waaaaay overdue. Granted, I've mostly gotten used to it by now, but still, the occasional whoopsie with Defiance is still made. XD

All that said, I am a lil disappointed that there's only going to be one new Extreme level trial this patch. However, Frontlines was probably an absolutely huge project for the developers, so I'll give them a pass there. XD

Jayhawk

I am anticipating for when the stats are released on the i55 crafting/gathering accessories. More overmelding failures to come. :(

CLBridges

Just looking over the patch notes now and it's a lot of good stuff. Enough to hold over people until 2.4, we'll see?

-Players can now display their target's remaining HP as a percentage on the target bar and focus target bar. Glad they added that improvement, will make things so much smoother on boss fights.

Also, quick question, are the Extreme Primals going to start dropping ilvl 95 weapons now? Or, by doing Primal Focus, you can redeem for an ilvl95 vs. 90 weapon now? I was looking over the New Items list and it got me thinking.

WolvenOne

Just looking over the patch notes now and it's a lot of good stuff. Enough to hold over people until 2.4, we'll see?

-Players can now display their target's remaining HP as a percentage on the target bar and focus target bar. Glad they added that improvement, will make things so much smoother on boss fights.

Also, quick question, are the Extreme Primals going to start dropping ilvl 95 weapons now? Or, by doing Primal Focus, you can redeem for an ilvl95 vs. 90 weapon now? I was looking over the New Items list and it got me thinking.

No, the new version of the Primal Weapons are somehow related to crafting. I'm assuming you use the new DeSynthisis options to get the ingredients from the HM Primal weapons, then re-assemble them into the i95 weapons.

That's entirely speculation on my part though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom