• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Authority

Banned
If someone finds it and can solo it, there's nothing "cheap" about it. They were intended to be soloed from the developer's own word. :p

At least on Adamantoise there is no obligation to report a a B rank mob anymore and almost all the LSes have told people to stop reporting them. If they ever accepted them to begin with.

On Phoenix 90% (no bullshit) waits for others. If the offender does not wait the expected time he gets literally blacklisted especially on A or S. A & S rarely that happens but with B the drama gets big because there is a strong sense of community with hunting and so many people do it 24/7 so the last thing you want is facerolling and fucking up the rest of the server.

Sophia

On Phoenix 90% (no bullshit) waits for others. If the offender does not wait the expected time he gets literally blacklisted especially on A or S. A & S rarely that happens but with B the drama gets big because there is a strong sense of community with hunting and so many people do it 24/7 so the last thing you want is facerolling and fucking up the rest of the server.

That's incredibly silly. Half the time B ranks spawn in spots where nobody notices them anyhow. :p

Although I think this reinforces my belief that the Hunts would be better with FFXI style claiming rules. They'd need alliances to introduce those types of rules for S ranks tho.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Only time will tell whether or not this was a big mistake.

image.php

Authority

Banned
That's incredibly silly. Half the time B ranks spawn in spots where nobody notices them anyhow. :p

Although I think this reinforces my belief that the Hunts would be better with FFXI style claiming rules. They'd need alliances to introduce those types of rules for S ranks tho.

Why is that silly? When everybody moves together and links everything from shout to LC to FC to group to whatever, it promotes unity and a sense of community. People don't go S and some go to B and some go to A. There is order of movement because we have got great communication and everybody wins. What would be the point of doing things secretly? If it was a competitive open-world then yeah.

There is no reason to act solo with these circumstances.

Cancelled my sub for now. Will play till end of this months payment and likely come back at 2.5 or for a huge expansion or something. You know, I'm going into my fourth year at university and the gameplay is just so grindy that it takes a lot of time away from other stuff I should be doing. Can't afford to waste that time.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
People, I can't play FFXIV right now..... going through withdraw. Tell me what you guys are doing right now so I can imagine myself playing.

I don't understand why people will finish rare fates without waiting for other people, but you pull a B rank hunt 10 seconds early and everyone loses there minds

To be fair, if you're not doing books, you probably don't know those are rare fates. Then again if people are shouting at you to stop and wait, wait.

I've never found the animus book fate camping to be that terrible. It's not thrilling, but I just turn sound on (normally play with it off) and play other games/do other stuff alt tabbed while waiting to hear the sound of it popping.

Maybe they don't read shout? Or they waited a long time for it to pop and don't see why they should wait for someone who didn't. And if there are multiple people there, and fate is in progress, if even one person doesn't stop then everyone will continue killing because they don't want to risk not getting gold. I don't mind waiting, even reset boss fate once for someone on their way, but it doesn't surprise me when people don't wait.

If the fate is far from an aether, or is one that is over fast, you should really always camp these to be safe.

Well I don't have that much time to play during the week, so the little time I have I want to actually spend playing the game. I think we can all agree that making you camp for fates is terrible design, IMO even ATMA is better, since you at least have to continually chase those fates.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Healing in Frontlines is just overpowered. It takes at least 2 people focusing a healer to get anywhere, and this is assuming they don't pop their "woops, I take no damage" cooldowns while their allies beat on you.

I encountered a SCH/WHM duo on a node once. 4 of us couldn't take them down before their allies came and rolled over us.

Part of the reason I'm leveling a SCH myself, really.

Sophia

As a summoner, I don't mind White Mages because I can counter them easily enough. Scholars with their lustrates are another issue. :S

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
As a summoner, I don't mind White Mages because I can counter them easily enough. Scholars with their lustrates are another issue. :S

Tell me how SMNs counter WHMs I must know.

Sophia

Tell me how SMNs counter WHMs I must know.

Stack dots on them. Wait to see if they use Purify. If they do, restack them and use Contagion.

The key to countering healers in PvP is pressure, and White Mages have to cast everything except Regen. Which means a good summoner that consistently keeps dots on them is a nightmare. Especially one that manually controls their pet.

Ifrit also has Crimson Cyclone which is a nice stun if you need to stop them just long enough to Fester them to death. And of course if you're in mid and can get them near the entrance ramps, you can knock them off with Garuda's Shockwave.

Noi

That feel when the guy sitting right next to me lands a Titanic Sawfish right before the weather changes.

Time to dump these 1000 gobys in the trash

Ken

as Bard, I always save my silence ability for them, but still, they are hard to bring down, usually taking 3-4 people to do it.

silence would be more helpful if it was a bit longer duration, and if spells didn't complete at 80% @_@

are the pvp heal potencies the same as pve? because if so they really need a PvP heal potency

i read one last night that totally had a story

yes, and bards are also dumb in frontlines. Let me attack you from above/below and out target you sprinting away. Also let me run through you and stop your attacks and keep at range

FL queue was fooked for me these past 2 days. if you have trouble getting in, requeue after 15 min. and your chance will improve considerably. what a weird system.

Healing in Frontlines is just overpowered. It takes at least 2 people focusing a healer to get anywhere, and this is assuming they don't pop their "woops, I take no damage" cooldowns while their allies beat on you.

I encountered a SCH/WHM duo on a node once. 4 of us couldn't take them down before their allies came and rolled over us.

Part of the reason I'm leveling a SCH myself, really.

i almost lost to a SCH solo in my last match. i don't remember if i had cooldowns up or not though. that damned pet is a bitch. we were pretty even the whole time. the clock ended it.

i won't even bother capturing a flag if i see a healer camping solo.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
/ranton

This fucking AoeDelay/PS4/3/PCSync/Godknowswhat shit is irritating. I had to use SPEED mantra as a Monk to finish Titan Extreme.

And oh,

No one wants to do Ifrit Extreme on Phoenix. Not even on Duty Finder.

/rantoff

edit:missed my DF. God damn you.

Please tell me you missed your DF because you were busy complaining about no one being on DF.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
The best anti-healer strategy in frontlines is Perfect Balance Arm Of The Destroyer.

It doesn't actually kill anything, but it really annoys them, and in the end isn't that what matters?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Savage Aim and Might II are both twice or thrice as expensive as Savage Aim and Might III on Excalibur.

I... what
They're onto my scheme.

Speaking of schemes.
I spent about five days of playtime leveling up fisher while leveling up culinary desynth to get to new vanity items, still not sufficient enough to reliably desynth big fish, and then I saw how these items actually looked.
Thanks, no thanks.
I guess I should continue this monkey business to sell them though.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Got BTFO by Flames.

lcv6Vjv.png

Aha!
In hindsight I shouldn't be wearing my T7 coat into this, it's like a red cloth for a bull.

WolvenOne

Well, tried Frontlines for the first time today. It's fun, but I think it'd be more fun to go in with a decent sized group of people on mumburu working together. Played three times tonight, won once, came in second twice, the time we won there was a large VoiP group coordinating things, and it worked a lot better, you can just tell when I group has no direction.

Immortal Flames BTW, you CAN win with that group, really.

Got BTFO by Flames.

lcv6Vjv.png

Aha!
In hindsight I shouldn't be wearing my T7 coat into this, it's like a red cloth for a bull.

Oh.... uh... sorry about that. XD

It's not the coat BTW, I was prioritizing healers and bards, since I've heard they're the most difficult to deal with classes.

Starting my Novus grind soon.

Any specific set of accessories to focus on for Crit + Det?

I'm pretty sure chances for those materia are all the same no matter what you use. Combat stuff gets you combat materia and crafting stuff gets you crafting materia.

I think maybe depending on the class the item is used for, you might get some more of the stat type materia for that class but it shouldn't matter if you are aiming for savages.

WolvenOne

I'm pretty sure chances for those materia are all the same no matter what you use. Combat stuff gets you combat materia and crafting stuff gets you crafting materia.

I think maybe depending on the class the item is used for, you might get some more of the stat type materia for that class but it shouldn't matter if you are aiming for savages.

DPS accessories definitely gets you DPS materia more often. It's not fool proof by any means, but I spirit bound two sets tonight and mostly got red materia's. Only one Tier 4 though, boo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom