• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
DPS accessories definitely gets you DPS materia more often. It's not fool proof by any means, but I spirit bound two sets tonight and mostly got red materia's. Only one Tier 4 though, boo.

I got 3 savage might iii and a savage might iv from white mage gear and accessories and a bunch of junk while doing it with bard stuff so I don't think I'd believe this. Random is just random. Crit and det are just as useful to healers as dps so I don't think they'd design it that way

mstevens

Does anyone know if the 1000 leve trophy for PS4 will pop even if the leves are spread over the different types (say 300 battle and 700 trade). Since there is no corresponding achievement for that in game, I'm a little worried.

Reknoc

the competition of kan-e-senna's love is too strong. Queued for frontlines and in that time I managed to go and eat dinner, decided to continue atma grinding in C.Shroud, played a bit of Trials in the Sky, decided to go back to atma grinding, found a spot I could loiter around where 2 fates would pop on top me, so I did that and played more Trials in the Sky while watching out for either of those fates popping. Eventually I forgot I had even queued for it, towards the end I noticed that DF was waiting for something, realised what it was and withdrew.

Prototype

Maybe you're lucky with the fates. I've already camped a few ones out, 2-4 hours each :-(
The last one I had to wait about 49 mins. I just put on my spirit bond set and killed things while I waited. Makes the time go by faster at least and your getting something done.

Phlebas

Banned
I'm pretty sure chances for those materia are all the same no matter what you use. Combat stuff gets you combat materia and crafting stuff gets you crafting materia.

I think maybe depending on the class the item is used for, you might get some more of the stat type materia for that class but it shouldn't matter if you are aiming for savages.

DPS accessories definitely gets you DPS materia more often. It's not fool proof by any means, but I spirit bound two sets tonight and mostly got red materia's. Only one Tier 4 though, boo.

Ah ok that helps a bit at least.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Sold all my crafting mats, sitting at 20.2 mil

Now to sell off all the shards/crystals/clusters
(Should hit 1.5mil in sales with how the damn economy for this material)
3VCzduAl.jpg

Also my my Retainer brought me back a new minion, was worth roughly 350K gil (average wise)

Have 61 days left (cancelled auto-sub)

If I cancel my account, do I save those 60+ days or do they expire anyway?

orion434

Sold all my crafting mats, sitting at 20.2 mil

Now to sell off all the shards/crystals/clusters
(Should hit 1.5mil in sales with how the damn economy for this material)
3VCzduAl.jpg

Also my my Retainer brought me back a new minion, was worth roughly 350K gil (average wise)

Have 61 days left (cancelled auto-sub)

If I cancel my account, do I save those 60+ days or do they expire anyway?

No more Graverobber? Jade will miss you passing by her nook.

Wind shards are 120 Gil each... you have like 1.1 mil there alone! I just got Supra Primary Tool #7 last night. I'll by a couple of thousand Fire / Water / Lightning shards. I have 29 Fieldcraft III Demimateria left of Artisan Spectacles to desynth... that's about another 1000 HQ Spicy Tomato Relish / HQ Spirits of Salt to craft :)

GraveRobberX

No more Graverobber? Jade will miss you passing by her nook.

Yeah moving onwards to Destiny

I got my fix in FFXIV, got my Platinum, done everything I wanted too

All the friends I gained/lost took an impact, so it's better I leave sooner than later
Can't be asked to Soldiery cap, look for a static for Second Coil, do the ritual grind I put myself through
(Doesn't help health issues came, took a huge toll and changed my life perspective of getting better in RL than Virtual land)

I'll just sign off within a few weeks by selling off everything possible, most likely do something with my gil, then put GR to slumber
Might maybe in the distant future if I ever want to come back, my char will be there for me, but for the foreseeable future, I'm DONE!

orion434

Yeah moving onwards to Destiny

I got my fix in FFXIV, got my Platinum, done everything I wanted too

All the friends I gained/lost took an impact, so it's better I leave sooner than later
Can't be asked to Soldiery cap, look for a static for Second Coil, do the ritual grind I put myself through
(Doesn't help health issues came, took a huge toll and changed my life perspective of getting better in RL than Virtual land)

I'll just sign off within a few weeks by selling off everything possible, most likely do something with my gil, then put GR to slumber
Might maybe in the distant future if I ever want to come back, my char will be there for me, but for the foreseeable future, I'm DONE!

Want me to craft you something real nice before you go? The new primal crafted weapons are sweet, but pretty difficult to HQ. Moogle-based weaponry would be easier but even just 1 Mog Demimateria is 1.5 million... and you need 3!

GraveRobberX

Want me to craft you something real nice before you go? The new primal crafted weapons are sweet, but pretty difficult to HQ. Moogle-based weaponry would be easier but even just 1 Mog Demimateria is 1.5 million... and you need 3!

Nah it's all good <3

Nohar

So, let me get this straight: if I want to unlock the new gathering tools (and the hat), I need to gather a total of 90 HQ Umbral rocks or Fragrant logs (150 in fact if i want the hat, the new pickaxe, and the new hatchet). For that, I need at least 370 points in gathering and perception at 332 minimum. I can only gather such materials every hour or so, I can't trade or buy such rocks/logs at the auction house, and unlike other unspoiled ressources, I can only get one of them at each strike instead of 3.

What. is. wrong. with. you. Yoshida? Why would they even design such a chore? Not to mention that the equipement which can be crafted is near useless? Do they REALLY hate crafters and gatherers that much?

GraveRobberX

What. is. wrong. with. you. Yoshida? Why would they even design such a chore? Not to mention that the equipement which can be crafted is near useless? Do they REALLY hate crafters and gatherers that much?

b8qohpJ.gif

Ken

heh, the game gave up trying to get 75 players for frontlines and went with like 48.

guess that's a sign i should go to bed.

Nohar

Grinding machine...

I guess a "Thank you" is in order :)

... Yeah, going back to the game definitly was a mistake on my part all things considered. I guess I'll just play with my free company and friends and leave the game (again) once my monthly subscription runs out.

Blizzje

I guess a "Thank you" is in order :)

... Yeah, going back to the game definitly was a mistake on my part all things considered. I guess I'll just play with my free company and friends and leave the game (again) once my monthly subscription runs out.

What exactly is stopping you from just doing dailies, upgrading gear and having fun? Even if you don't get the new crafting tools, there is still more than enough to do and enjoy.

Nohar

What exactly is stopping you from just doing dailies, upgrading gear and having fun? Even if you don't get the new crafting tools, there is still more than enough to do and enjoy.

Well, mainly because, all things considered, I'm not having fun. I'm happy to play with my FC and friends, but aside from that I realized I didn't like the game itself, and most of the things that I disliked when I left are still there (and others things showed up which I don't like either). There is no point in continuing to play this game for me. The game has its qualities, but also quite a lot of... "imperfections" shall I say.

supergiz

the competition of kan-e-senna's love is too strong. Queued for frontlines and in that time I managed to go and eat dinner, decided to continue atma grinding in C.Shroud, played a bit of Trials in the Sky, decided to go back to atma grinding, found a spot I could loiter around where 2 fates would pop on top me, so I did that and played more Trials in the Sky while watching out for either of those fates popping. Eventually I forgot I had even queued for it, towards the end I noticed that DF was waiting for something, realised what it was and withdrew.

Ahh the downsides of being in the best grand company... I still love you Kane-E-Senna!

supergiz

So, let me get this straight: if I want to unlock the new gathering tools (and the hat), I need to gather a total of 90 HQ Umbral rocks or Fragrant logs (150 in fact if i want the hat, the new pickaxe, and the new hatchet). For that, I need at least 370 points in gathering and perception at 332 minimum. I can only gather such materials every hour or so, I can't trade or buy such rocks/logs at the auction house, and unlike other unspoiled ressources, I can only get one of them at each strike instead of 3.

They are trying to fix the problem they had at release with everyone and their brother being able to gather everything

orion434

This part is really not that bad, if you get 2 HQ Umbral Rock + Fragrant Log each time it will be done in 45 Eorzean Days. I'd get the hat first with the one you have more HQ with... 1 hat is all you need. Just add those nodes to your node-rotation and buy some Cordials or use your NQ to trade in for them :)

Taruranto

Yeah, it's bananas. I wish I could at least buy some of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom