• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketobear

Neo Member
Bidoofs is a new casual SCoB group currently recruiting. So far we need 2 tanks, 1 healer and 1 DPS (preferably a dragoon).

Our times are currently free everyday after 10PM EST, or before 7PM EST.

Members:
WHM/SCH - Naji Ferrinas
BRD - Lucyfer Aruva
BLM - Haxo Omega
MNK - Aoi Ookami

Requirements: T5 clear and preferably T6 or further experience.
Feel free to PM me in-game (Naji Ferrinas) if you're interested.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
But High Allagan is a lie, I bet there's gonna be weapons just as good but much easier to get in 2.4!
All I know is the i95 book was the best until Ramuh came along. Then high allagan. Our SCH didn't even bother with Book of Diamonds.

studyguy

So our original static group member came back from the dead to maybe save the group, been running him through content to get him as high ilvl as possible. He ended decked out for T5, but that doesn't mean much anymore. At this point our FC is just playing musical chairs with coil groups swapping people.

studyguy

Wonder how they're going to feature XIV in say... a new dissidia or any other title that crosses the titles. I can't help but feel like Y'shtola is the most boring character to feature in Theatryhtm

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hildibrand. His intro line is: "A gentleman is, rather than does." *toothsparkle*

Reknoc

Wonder how they're going to feature XIV in say... a new dissidia or any other title that crosses the titles. I can't help but feel like Y'shtola is the most boring character to feature in Theatryhtm

Should have been secret best scion: Tataru

Mature

na sometimes we're good

i3rJhNKMtXfOI.png
I'm collecting screenshots like this one to post in here. I get a good handful of landslide victories in Immortal Flames.

studyguy

Hidebrand is a thousand more times entertaining an NPC than the bulk of XI characters alone. Some of the scions might as well not exist though.

Tabris

Maybe try and ask some people who have alts?

The issue with alts is I'm looking for a static member for everything, not just 2nd Coil.

i.e. New patch comes up. We as a static tackle new content.

Also ideally want someone who is up to date on things like relic weapon for the group.

Beggars can't be choosers though.

The issue with alts is I'm looking for a static member for everything, not just 2nd Coil.

i.e. New patch comes up. We as a static tackle new content.

Also ideally want someone who is up to date on things like relic weapon for the group.

Beggars can't be choosers though.

post in pf then unless you already have. Saw a pf yesterday of a smn I believe looking for a group.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Hildebrand and Co easily crush anything from FF11 (except mayyybe a certain Taru BLM). If it weren't for them and Leviabeetus guy I'd agree though.

My main enjoyment out of the Hildy quests is the funky things they do with the animation system and my character's involvement with it. Not so much the characters (sans Godbert), which are stupid. Hildy quests cutscenes are the places where they actually do something with your PC other than /nod.

Otherwise, they play out like terrible comedy anime. =P

XI characters > XIV character still. At least you can pronounce their damn names. XIV's naming conventions are absolutely terrible.

Kenai

My main enjoyment out of the Hildy quests is the funky things they do with the animation system and my character's involvement with it. Not so much the characters (sans Godbert), which are stupid. Hildy quests cutscenes are the places where they actually do something with your PC other than /nod.

I'll just have to agree to disagree. Maybe it's because it ends up playing out quite a bit like Phoenix Wright, which I love, but that cast has enough memorable scenes in one episode that would take most FF11 "main characters" nearly an entire expansion to build up to. Right now we are more or less in the Rank 5-10 Main City Quest equivalent of FF11, and that was a snoozefest compared to anything in Hilde, especially once Greg came along
and he's coming back!

I'm not comparing all expansions to just ARR though, which is maybe what you were doing? ARR will get its RoZ, CoP and ToAU equivalent in due time, and maybe it will not be as good regarding the main cast, but I can't say that now. Mayyyybe ARR could be considered RoZ-esque, but it'd be a bit of a stretch, and even then it's not over yet.

Not yet, no. But to say the Immortal Flames are bad is just wrong. Many matches are super close between all three GCs.

close matches to me are within 50-100 points by the end which I may have seen twice. Once you start leading by 100 or more points when you get to 1000 you are pretty much guaranteed to win. Winning 1300-1500 isn't close in my book is what I'm saying. Flames aren't good b/c in the majority of games I've played and others they have a low win %. Getting second doesn't count

Isaccard

It was definitely bad during the first week of the patch, but it's steadily improving, a lot of players went over to Maelstrom, solo que times are amazing and most games are usually pretty close, 2nd doesn't count yeah, but the exp/mark difference makes up for it.

My win ratio isint largely reflects the first two weeks of frontlines, and after the first patch I elected to go after titles for controlling mid rather than supporting my team (or getting rekt horribly with them), granted one player goings rouge won't shouldn't hurt us too much, but if everyone's doing it then, welp

That said, as evidenced in pervious posts it's not impossible for Flames to win or even straight up stomp the opposing GC's. Again, we lost a lot of players to Maelstrom, but we've only gotten better. Adders do really well too now too and more games are always pretty close now than just maelstrom face roll during the first few weeks

P.S. Alts are for suckers. If you're that bored jump on that frontlines train

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom