• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
All it takes is one person to screw up the pads/adds in the Atomos fight, or one tank not controlling Iron Giant during King Bebe to really ruin a night.

Well we had trouble for almost everything thanks to them.

Yeah they didn't get on the pad , yeah they screw at atomos..
But the Bone dragon fight ? Just magnificent...( yeah we died in that fight too )
When i say that i mean it , every fight we had trouble thank to them

I don't have to tell you how the team were talking after some point because we had to give us ( team B & C ) one of our healers for team A to beat atomos That's HOW BAD IT WAS.

Sigh*

dcye

ded game

jk, but it has died down a lot. i remember mor dhona used to be so full

lol wat.

Game is way more populated now than it was at this stage in the last patch cycle. The amount of people in Mor Dhona isn't reflective of the people in the game world anymore. There's people all over the place hunting, atma grinding and in housing areas.

Isaccard

lol wat.

Game is way more populated now than it was at this stage in the last patch cycle. The amount of people in Mor Dhona isn't reflective of the people in the game world anymore. There's people all over the place hunting, atma grinding and in housing areas.

Mor dhona's always busy
(on that shit server Ultros)

Just a random thought but since the Lightning event is returning maybe they'll add Noel's weapon for ninjas. Probably won't but it would be cool

lunchtoast

I'm new to the game and I'm having some issues with the map. I'm wondering why it doesn't tell you the connecting areas, it'll just say "adjoining area." It's annoying to have to view the world map to see which zone you need to head towards for the quest.

If there's a good map guide to help me out that would be great as well. I can't check any sites right now because I'm at work, thanks.

-edit-n/m I got it.

Estus

Neo Member
Did anyone think about to make an exchange thread for new players and the "friend recruitment" ?
Both would kind off get the benefit and "we" (the old players) would get a chance for the 2 seat mount.

Cmagus

30 min queues are as bad as wolves den bro. I've heard same for adders

I was Maelstrom and the queues for frontlines were awful I was waiting up to an hour and sometimes not even getting in at all. I switched over to Adders last night to see how it was and all 3 times I did frontlines I was in within 5-10 minutes.

Isaccard

I was Maelstrom and the queues for frontlines were awful I was waiting up to an hour and sometimes not even getting in at all. I switched over to Adders last night to see how it was and all 3 times I did frontlines I was in within 5-10 minutes.

But remember:

I don't think vast differences in queueing time depending on your grand company is indicative of something that is in fine working order.

Wilsongt

Just a random thought but since the Lightning event is returning maybe they'll add Noel's weapon for ninjas. Probably won't but it would be cool

Ninja will come after the event. ninja in october. Speaking of which, I really hope they add A LOT of low level quests when they add ninja to give them their own story line and quest progression as opposed to just a quest every 5 levels.

Sort of defeats the purpose of the hype of a new job if you have to level it up like an alternate job: fates, hunting log, and roulette.

Tabris

I had been lazy about finishing my Holy Shield Novus as I had a Noct Hoplon.

Well yesterday I decided to go all out to complete it. I got 16 alexandrite in one day via hunting and 2 EXDR (started early in the morning). Starting from basically 0 myth and 0 allied seals.

Ninja will come after the event. ninja in october. Speaking of which, I really hope they add A LOT of low level quests when they add ninja to give them their own story line and quest progression as opposed to just a quest every 5 levels.

Sort of defeats the purpose of the hype of a new job if you have to level it up like an alternate job: fates, hunting log, and roulette.

I know it comes out later but they could still do it. Like instead give a special parcel or something that you can turn in when 2.4 comes out to the Calamity Salvager for the weapon.

WolvenOne

I had been lazy about finishing my Holy Shield Novus as I had a Noct Hoplon.

Well yesterday I decided to go all out to complete it. I got 16 alexandrite in one day via hunting and 2 EXDR (started early in the morning). Starting from basically 0 myth and 0 allied seals.

Doesn't really surprise me, Dat hunt reward too OP.

Sophia

So...the question is...are all the new players i've seen around actually new?

On Adamantoise they are, at least. It's been a great boon for my guild as we've recruited several people thanks to the combination of new players and returning players.

Ken

ibuZsfV7bq7PKp.png

aw yis

On a different note, we will be speaking with Yoshida at Gamescom next week. Looking for any questions you guys would like to see answered.

I have a question for Yoshi:

Are there any plans to fix the UI scaling in this game so it works independently of resolution setting on PC? Right now there are only a few options, certain things are still not scaled properly, and unfortunately the largest size is still too small for 4K.

Example:
4ktest1.jpg

Here's how the game looks at 4K resolution (3840x2160) on my Sony 65X900A. Note the impossibly tiny microscopic UI at this resolution. The game actually runs decently if I lower the settings, that's 19fps at my usual 1080p/Maximum settings. If I lower it to High or Standard Desktop it works fine. I just wish the goddamn UI wasn't so tiny.

Playing via eye finity/panaramic view doesn't have this problem with the UI, but then I guess no one's tried to play this above 1440p

Did you try resizing the UI elements to max?

Yep, the problem is the max is only 140% and also some UI elements never scale. Player nameplates have never scaled at all in this game for example, try setting your resolution to 720p sometime and look at the giant nameplates making it impossible to see anything on the screen. The nameplates are super tiny in 4K and cannot be made bigger.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Last night I recorded a mob hunt on our server. It wasn't anything special, but was a great example of how JP servers are treating hunts. I figure it might be interesting for those on western servers.

I'll post it tonight when I get home from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom