• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Were you solo?

No, I was running with some of the FC. About 3 of us died 50% of the way through but the rest should still be able to get us more than the minimum...

EDIT: Okay, I'm going to guess this has some thing to do with the model vanishing issues so some people aren't able to target it at all.

Bleh. As are more worthwhile if this keeps up.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Was at T8 for about 4 hours.
We got to 2%.
Super frustrating, just a one-second mispush.

Maybe next time.
3 dragoons dps too op

adders are improving. they're running with good statics atm. or i'm just unlucky to run into them multiple times. or they're the only ones playing. or....

klee123

So I reached 50 on my PLA yesterday. What should I do after I'm finished with the main story?

Get the relic zenith and do hunts.

Relic upgrades your Weapon to lvl 90.

Hunts allow you to get easy myths to exchange for lvl 90 armor/accs

Normally I would say doing the end game dungeons are good for myths, but as of 2.3. I'd have to say that hunts are much easier and more time efficient.

You can probably get an ilvl 100 accessory by then as well.

Taruranto

So the new gathering tool require 10 Fieldcraft demimateria... that go for 350k each... right.

I find funny that they kept adding gathering items but the most profitable stuff still Clusters, lol.

CaLe

Is there any way to increase the size of the Npc dialog bubble? I'm playing on a TV and I can't read anything.

Thanks

iammeiam

So this weekend I hit iLevel 100, took two more crafting classes to 50, and officially ran out of things with echo to kill.

I'm rapidly running out of achievable goals in the game. Going to have to go retry all the other combat classes to see if any of those will work as a way to kill time until 2.4.

Also the weaver hat is fantastic and I would like to have it as an option on other classes.

I give up on Novus for the time being. I don't have the patience to get 12 million more gil and I'm definitely not buying it with real money. I'll wait until materia prices go down again, if they ever do.

Good luck to anyone else going crit/det who isn't rich.

Valor

I give up on Novus for the time being. I don't have the patience to get 12 million more gil and I'm definitely not buying it with real money. I'll wait until materia prices go down again, if they ever do.

Good luck to anyone else going crit/det who isn't rich.

Gotta get on that sb train, man. Hit it hard and get it done.

Carlius

Banned
lol wat.

Game is way more populated now than it was at this stage in the last patch cycle. The amount of people in Mor Dhona isn't reflective of the people in the game world anymore. There's people all over the place hunting, atma grinding and in housing areas.

good to know. today its packed havent had any issues finding parties and stuff, good to be back in eorzea after 3 months of inactivity. love this game but ive fallen behind, i need to get my gear baby

so i'm curious. did the calamity destroy the entire world? or just the Eorzan continent?

Also, when everyone got transfered 5 years into the future, were the cities transfered as well or something?

Or else how the hell did the people build up the cities so fast?

Teknoman

so i'm curious. did the calamity destroy the entire world? or just the Eorzan continent?

Also, when everyone got transfered 5 years into the future, were the cities transfered as well or something?

A good deal of Limsa and Ul'dah werent directly hit. Gridania got busted up I believe, or at least half of it. I think only Eorzea suffered from the impact/Bahamut's flare. Other continents probably got a little aetheric fallout though / had ancient junk wake up do to all the commotion.

A good deal of Limsa and Ul'dah werent directly hit. Gridania got busted up I believe, or at least half of it. I think only Eorzea suffered from the impact/Bahamut's flare. Other continents probably got a little aetheric fallout though / had ancient junk wake up do to all the commotion.

then who exactly was transported 5 years into the future? just people at the battlefield? or everyone?

Teknoman

then who exactly was transported 5 years into the future? just people at the battlefield? or everyone?

Just the people at the battlefield it seems.

EDIT: If we end up doing the vanity contest or anything involving judging, whoever records or streams needs to use Starlight and Sellswords from 1.0 as the theme.

BadRNG

It didn't destroy the world at all, the calamity simply refers to Dalamud's descent and eventually Bahamut being unleashed from it. The place that got hit the hardest/really destroyed was Carteneau - also the new PvP zone, it was basically reduced to ruins.

The only people that were transferred were the former warriors of light, Louisoix saved them from the megaflare that was unleashed in Carteneau by Bahamut. The rest of the world, mainly Eorzea as far as we know, was on it's own as Bahamut flew around and tore shit up, before eventually vanishing mysteriously. It's not clear just how bad the damage was but it's not like they were reduced to nothing, 5 years seems to of been enough to mostly rebuild. Whatever damage he did was mostly there as an excuse to remodel the zones for 2.0. (And if you're curious what happened with Bahamut, this is what the endgame Coil turns focus on when you're not fighting random allagan creations)

It didn't destroy the world at all, the calamity simply refers to Dalamud's descent and eventually Bahamut being unleashed from it. The place that got hit the hardest/really destroyed was Carteneau - also the new PvP zone, it was basically reduced to ruins.

The only people that were transferred were the former warriors of light, Louisoix saved them from the megaflare that was unleashed in Carteneau by Bahamut. The rest of the world, mainly Eorzea as far as we know, was on it's own as Bahamut flew around and tore shit up, before eventually vanishing mysteriously. It's not clear just how bad the damage was but it's not like they were reduced to nothing, 5 years seems to of been enough to mostly rebuild. Whatever damage he did was mostly there as an excuse to remodel the zones for 2.0. (And if you're curious what happened with Bahamut, this is what the endgame Coil turns focus on when you're not fighting random allagan creations)

from the FMV, did he not also transfer the leaders of the GCs as well? They were there at that battlefield

from the FMV, did he not also transfer the leaders of the GCs as well? They were there at that battlefield

The leaders could not have been time-shifted because they have been there all the time between the end of 1.0 and the beginning of ARR, running their cities. They were however observing the Battle of Carteneau from an overlooking cliff and so presumably Bahamut didn't blow them up, so they probably witnessed the combatants below vanish and then left the scene. Gaius of course was observing from his airship, and I guess Bahamut wasn't interested in blasting that out of the sky because he's there 5 years later too.

There's actually lot of stuff that's still unexplained which happened that day at Carteneau. We probably have beat the last Coil to see what really happened.

CLBridges

Playing as my WHM alt. on Ultros. I forgot how easy it is to level up when you can queue within 5 minutes for dungeons and such. Just reached level 37 and only been playing this character for about 3-4 days.

Leveling this 2nd character has really made me realize just how much content SE has added since the launch of this game. So much stuff to do and unlock, it's kinda fun to experience it with people who are actually new to the content. Probably will be another week or so before I hit 50 and I might even apply for GAF FC if there's room, maybe.

meep!

Neo Member
So you guys think Bahamut is going to be the final boss of Coil? I mean the whole place is named after him. It's time we get to fight him!

BadRNG

So you guys think Bahamut is going to be the final boss of Coil? I mean the whole place is named after him. It's time we get to fight him!
Second coil/t9 spoilers:
We basically have already fought a part of him with Nael, since "she" was an avatar created by him. I imagine Louisoix fight will be similar, as his body was destroyed in the megaflare he must be another Bahamut creation with Louisoix's mind/soul being used as imagery. Outside of doing battle with more avatars of him, I don't know if we'll get to fight him proper.

When they zoom in close to Bahamut's prison area, you can see what look like platforms surrounding his torso, so we could fight part of him on those I guess, but I can't see us ever facing a full power Bahamut. He is just too big, in both size and power. Maybe we'll do some battle with his core/heart while the wonder twins attempt to shut down the final two coils. There wouldn't be a proper "we killed it!" victory, it'd be more "we survived long enough to reach our objective" thing. If Ali is correct he should disperse after the coils are completely shut down.

IMBored

The leaders could not have been time-shifted because they have been there all the time between the end of 1.0 and the beginning of ARR, running their cities. They were however observing the Battle of Carteneau from an overlooking cliff and so presumably Bahamut didn't blow them up, so they probably witnessed the combatants below vanish and then left the scene.

I thought in the first story missions the leaders flashbacked to the battle, and they where either shielded or ported by louisoix, can't remember too well.

chris-013

I lot of people seems to have different opinions on the bravura novus stats allocations...
What do you think ? Parry, Det, Acc, Crit ?

Don't listen to max skill speed BRD here

RIP skill speed. I tried, Yoshi-P, I really did. But it just doesn't work. Nobody should subject themselves to 620+ skill speed ever again because I went there and let me tell you: it was bad.

Now watch the next batch of new food recipes all have skill speed on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom