• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kade

Question regarding iLevel. If I had a bunch of 45+ and had a 37 item, how would unequipping that 37 item affect my iLevel?

Hey guys,

I played the game for a few hours on PC during the 1.0 and the 2.0.

If i buy the PS3 (and then the PS4) version, will i get a free month ?

Thanks.

orion434

The Market Board Exploded today! I sold a max-melded Leatherworker 5-piece set, over a stack of HQ Twinthread... my fleece ran dry, it's mayhem!

... and I did a Dungeon with Drama :)

Mr. RHC

It was glorious.

BrrLp_CCQAIJy6p.jpg:orig

I see it was overly due that I resubbed.

Kade

It would go down. 37 is higher than 0.

Makes sense. Thanks. Was wondering if it would ignore that item slot or just treat it like an occupied slot with 0 item level assigned to it when determining the level. Though I guess if the latter was the case, you'd be able to get away with equipping one iLevel 90+ item and have it calculated as such.

Alfebit

Banned
Hey guys,

Thanks.

I think as long as it's a new account you should. I transfered right away and was able to keep the free month.

Edit: Killthee explained it better than I did.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Hey guys,

Thanks.
You'll get a free month when you add the PS3 license to your account. If you decide to also buy the PS4 version I think you'll get another free month when you activate the license for it.

If you transfer the PS3 license for the PS4 license it won't grant you a second free month or reset the timer for the free month you got with the PS3 version.

kiryogi

Banned
The black mage buffs are nice, but like the echo, and it really only makes the good BLMs even better, but doesn't really do much for bad players. ie if you're not using aetherial manipulation, you're blming wrong.

Teknoman

Patch notes are really exciting. Some great stuff in there!

Was about to post that. The sheer number of world quests added / other things to do is pretty cool.

- Winebaud's Riddles
"The Greatest Story Never Told" is a heretofore unseen type of quest wherein adventurers must employ their wits to solve riddles and unravel a great Eorzean mystery. With no guidance from the journal or duty list, adventurers must listen carefully to the words of NPCs and decipher clues to determine their next course of action.

This sounds interesting...and hopefully elite mark hunts turn out awesome.

komplanen

Hey can someone explain to me what that missable items spreadsheet linked in the OP is about? Are those items important or something?

Apoptomon

Wow looks like there'll be a lot to do once 2.3 is out. Gonna have to make a start on formerly expert level dungeons to re-re-unlock HLDR. Re: BLM changes, is Apocastatise going to be useful now (it now reduces all magic damge, right)? Hmmm, it seems the NPC contact for Tamtara hard, Paiyo Reiyo, is the lalafel from Edda's party. makes sense, I guess.
Also, I predict {we're chewing the fat} will be the subject to heavy auto translate abuse.

Killthee

I wonder! I need to practice the Manderville!
GM's I think. They were talking back to us and leading us to different zones to dance.

Was about to post that. The sheer number of world quests added / other things to do is pretty cool.

- Winebaud's Riddles
"The Greatest Story Never Told" is a heretofore unseen type of quest wherein adventurers must employ their wits to solve riddles and unravel a great Eorzean mystery. With no guidance from the journal or duty list, adventurers must listen carefully to the words of NPCs and decipher clues to determine their next course of action.

This sounds interesting...and hopefully elite mark hunts turn out awesome.
Reading that reminded me of the Sightseeing log and how I got bored of it after completing the first entry.

Panda Rin

so I triple dipped on the game (sqenix store, steam, and ps4). I have two extra codes. is it possible to sell them or give them away?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Ramuh's pony looks baller, but jewelry-wise he's only going to drop rings. Well, I guess at least I'm going to be able to partake in early farming sessions, maybe get a good Monk weapon out of it, maybe even the pony! Thankfully, no dumb Mirror system, and why is that not receiving an update again?

New dungeons seem pointless at this point, but I hope Tamtara HM is speedrunable like Bray was. Although with the myth increase Bray would still remain the definitive Mythflox? Idk.

Presence of Mind buff is #gamechanger.

So where does the Unidentified Tomestone drop exactly I wonder? It's probably from Xande, but is it one of the three party chests or the alliance chest? Hm.

Not too hot on AF gear dyes, the only ones worth painting are WHM's and MNK's and WHM have better looking sets.

Teknoman

GM's I think. They were talking back to us and leading us to different zones to dance.

Reading that reminded me of the Sightseeing log and how I got bored of it after completing the first entry.

lol thats what i'm thinking. Some of the more interesting quests end up falling flat. Hunts better not. Better have unique battle music too...hell bring back Beneath Bloody Banners! That would work perfectly for a surprise attack.

EDIT: New dungeons are cool in that they could possibly be fun encounters or even open new story revelations later on. Plus they kinda show off where the team's world design mind is headed.

Isaccard

The black mage buffs are nice, but like the echo, and it really only makes the good BLMs even better, but doesn't really do much for bad players. ie if you're not using aetherial manipulation, you're blming wrong.

What does this have to do with anything

practical uses for this ability are few and far between especially when it's limited to the positon of other players but then I was always a terrible player

LowParry

practical uses for this ability are few and far between but then I was always a terrible player

Edit: ignore me. lol

Double edit: I use this a lot in say Thornemarch EX. It still doesn't feel very natural to use.

Tickets to the event are $120 USD.

Hotel fare in Las Vegas can be pretty cheap if you share rooms with others, like what a lot of people do when they go to Las Vegas for EVO. If you want to save even more, try to look for a hotel off the strip.

Are you going to the fan fest?

Contemplating jumping in again. I got the game at launch but didn't even get to 50. I probably stopped around 30 something.

The new patch trailer got me excited :[

I hate hype.

Anyone know if they boosted XP gains anywhere?

Ken

Contemplating jumping in again. I got the game at launch but didn't even get to 50. I probably stopped around 30 something.

The new patch trailer got me excited :[

I hate hype.

Anyone know if they boosted XP gains anywhere?

if you sneeze you get XP

dungeon mob XP and battle leve XP got really nice buffs so they're great for leveling now, in tandem with low level roulettes which can get you a nice chunk of XP on its own as well.

kiryogi

Banned

practical uses for this ability are few and far between especially when it's limited to the positon of other players but then I was always a terrible player
Aetherial manipulation is a make or break for BLMs DpS wise in 2nd coil/titan/Levi. It's also extremely Op In leviathan extreme. It amazes me how many BLMs I see in Levi not using it. And honestly, you're not looking hard enough. The key to BLMs is to minimize how often you move, in which aetherial manipulation is an absolute godsend for that. I use it every opportunity I get. Whenever you're moving. That means you're not casting , meaning you're not DPSing

Jeels

Hey GAF, I am confused. How do Hidden gathering items work? I am trying to get La Noscean grade 2 topsoil...

Killthee

Hey GAF, I am confused. How do Hidden gathering items work? I am trying to get La Noscean grade 2 topsoil...
I think they work like maps & seeds, random spawns when you're mining specific nodes. I've seen them while mining the lv 50 nodes for crystals/maps.

Aetherial manipulation is a make or break for BLMs DpS wise in 2nd coil/titan/Levi. It's also extremely Op In leviathan extreme. It amazes me how many BLMs I see in Levi not using it. And honestly, you're not looking hard enough. The key to BLMs is to minimize how often you move, in which aetherial manipulation is an absolute godsend for that. I use it every opportunity I get. Whenever you're moving. That means you're not casting , meaning you're not DPSing
I've beaten Titan ex 4 times without using AM. You may be right about the others but not that. Honestly as much as I want to use that skill I don't think it's that optimal to use on a pad

suzu

How do you guys use Aetherial Manipulation? Mouseover macro?

I wish it was like WoW's Blink spell instead. D:

kiryogi

Banned
I've beaten Titan ex 4 times without using AM. You may be right about the others but not that. Honestly as much as I want to use that skill I don't think it's that optimal to use on a pad
You've beaten up yes, but I bet anything your parse was extremely sorry and if anything. You DpS was carried by everyone else. Titan ex is one of the hardest fights on blm DpS wise. You will parse at the bottom and more do if you're not manipulation

Ken

You've beaten up yes, but I bet anything your parse was extremely sorry and if anything. You DpS was carried by everyone else. Titan ex is one of the hardest fights on blm DpS wise. You will parse at the bottom and more do if you're not manipulation

oh snap

At certain times of the day, nodes appear that lets you gather rare items. This only applies for BTN and MIN. There is a handy chart online I use which shows the Eorzean time and what slots they appear...search for unspoiled mining nodes and that should help.

Sorian

Banned

Overestimation of AM. Unless you are taking a jog around the arena instead of fighting, you're doing fine subbing in a scathe while moving for one GCD

kiryogi

Banned
Here's the cruel reality about BLMs in endgame. There's a stigma out there against having them in coil. Folks would prefer a SMN then gamble on a BLM as their DpS is often low and super random. While SMN has more utility with their pets and DOTs! . BLMs can manage in second coil, but you have to be damn good and carry your weight. Ignoring aetherial manipulation is a big mistake.

Sorian

Banned
Here's the cruel reality about BLMs in endgame. There's a stigma out there against having them in coil. Folks would prefer a SMN then gamble on a BLM as their DpS is often low and super random. While SMN has more utility with their pets and DOTs! . BLMs can manage in second coil, but you have to be damn good and carry your weight. Ignoring aetherial manipulation is a big mistake.

You just need to know where to be before it actually happens. AM can be great if it's your thing but I do ignore it and I'm cool with that. As long as you only waste one GCD on scathe per movement phase your DPS is fine for anything it needs to be (disclaimer: I haven't done T9 at all myself and I'm sure it's miserable and a horror story but everyone says everything is a horror story in this game when it's rare for something to actually be that terrible).

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Tanked normal Haukke Manor for the first time, and it went without a hitch. Was worried about the final boss, but had a good team with me and the whole run went smoothly. I'll probably run it a few more times, but now it's mostly a push toward Brayflox where shit will get real. Kinda nervous about future dungeons, but am enjoying tanking more than I thought I would, so will stick with it. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom