• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
1300 soldiery is too much and the relic will still be revelant in 2.4.

If you want a real answer, you can get whatever stats you want on it and it probably won't matter that much as a tank. But all the cool warriors are det/crit! Makes for a nice DPS boost when you are OT in fights that don't require you to be tanking the whole time. Add your STR accessories on top of that and you can put out some good numbers.

sep

I remember playing the beta of FFXIV:ARR and getting bored of it fairly quickly.
Now with the trial, I made 20 in two days and now I'm hooked.
Silly me.

Valor

I lot of people seems to have different opinions on the bravura novus stats allocations...
What do you think ? Parry, Det, Acc, Crit ?

Det/crit all the way

I think you should get a Conqueror and call it a day.

anything a tank can use is fine, really. i'd probably go skill speed/parry or something.

I would agree with basically all of these replies to Bravura Novus, aside from Ken, since I don't think WAR really benefit from Skill Speed all that much. Plus the amount you'd need to throw on to make a difference is likely ridiculous. It's still not a terrible idea, however.

I think a lot of people are tempted to go crit/det on Novus for Bravura, but I don't think that's the best option. The better WAR axes, in order, were the Allagan > Dual Haken > Conquerer. Why? Accuracy. What do PLD put on their Novus? Parry/Acc. I would suggest personally going with DET and ACC on your Novus. High Allagan is Parry/Acc, so making your Novus that seems kind of redundant.

Accuracy is relatively future proof (as much as any secondary stat can be) for tanks, so that is always good. Determination makes you hit harder as a Warrior, and is likely one of the better secondary stat, if not the best one, for Warriors. That's my two cents on the matter.

Robin64

The Bahamut fight will be riding on his back fighting adds that explode, damaging him, then having an NPC shoot a big laser through him. Then he'll crash and we'll fight his weird tentacle form before some more NPCs finish him off.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
The Bahamut fight will be riding on his back fighting adds that explode, damaging him, then having an NPC shoot a big laser through him. Then he'll crash and we'll fight his weird tentacle form before some more NPCs finish him off.

If one person walks off it's an instawipe of course.

man maelstrom on the weekend is pretty ass. Can't keep points/can't back cap points/like to stay mid

Twin Adders strat: rush the markets all day every day

demonkaze

While we're on the subject of Novus weapons, what do people suggest for PLD's Sword/Shield Novus? Is parry worth going for, i've read in some places that people seem to suggest to avoid the stat. Also, is it worth working on the sword or shield first?

Doesn't really surprise me, Dat hunt reward too OP.

It's pretty insane. I was lazy with my sol during the week, since I focused mostly on crafting and desynthing. I had about 100 sol and I wasn't gonna be able to play today, so if I wanted to cap it had to be last night.

I hit the cap and then some just by hunting for a few hours. Didn't even have to do the expert roulette either. There really is no point in running dungeons, except for books.

While we're on the subject of Novus weapons, what do people suggest for PLD's Sword/Shield Novus? Is parry worth going for, i've read in some places that people seem to suggest to avoid the stat. Also, is it worth working on the sword or shield first?

shield is easier to get so might as well get that short term gain. Not sure about the stats. I guess it really depends on what you need

ReaperXL7

So I'm right at 46 on Summoner reaching the light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm trying to calculate wether or not I would be able to hit 50 on just the level 45 leves raised to 49...I have about 100 leves saved up thanks to the Destiny Beta pulling me away for a little while. I can't wait to get my SMN to 50 then I can start actually playing again.

So I'm right at 46 on Summoner reaching the light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm trying to calculate wether or not I would be able to hit 50 on just the level 45 leves raised to 49...I have about 100 leves saved up thanks to the Destiny Beta pulling me away for a little while. I can't wait to get my SMN to 50 then I can start actually playing again.

It should get you there as well as daily dungeons. I would queue as sch for those duty roulettes for faster queues. Also see if you can do some first room dzemel darkhold runs. That's also pretty good exp

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
It's pretty insane. I was lazy with my sol during the week, since I focused mostly on crafting and desynthing. I had about 100 sol and I wasn't gonna be able to play today, so if I wanted to cap it had to be last night.

I hit the cap and then some just by hunting for a few hours. Didn't even have to do the expert roulette either. There really is no point in running dungeons, except for books.

This is my biggest beef with hunts. And it doesn't even concern lvl 50+ dungeons. It's the low level dungeons. They are bone dry and its made leveling low level jobs a complete nightmare. =(

dark_chris

Believe static group downed T8 last night. Woot! =D
Awesome we took it down on our last attempt of the night. All dps gear dropped.

Requiem

This is my biggest beef with hunts. And it doesn't even concern lvl 50+ dungeons. It's the low level dungeons. They are bone dry and its made leveling low level jobs a complete nightmare. =(

And even when the roulette pops its always fucking Tam Tara / Toto Rak

iammeiam

I don't think hunts are solely to blame for LLDR being a wasteland. They're not helping, but myth shoots forth from every rock and crevice at this point, and LLDR doesn't give crap for soldiery. I'd rather just spam trial roulette in between doing other things; you only get the daily bonus once a day but the newbie bonus is really common these days, all my skills work, and there's no dungeon trash to deal with.

I do wonder about the impact 2.3 must have had on Main Scenario roulette. Who in their right mind would do Castrum or Prae for the myth at this point?

Tabris

Don't go for Holy Shield Novus first. You can get Noct Hoplon for cheap (500 allied seals and 300ish soldiery).

So focus on Curtana Novus first. I personally went with 31 Parry, 14 Accuracy, 7 Determination.

For Holy Shield Novus, I went with 13 Parry and 9 Accuracy.

The reason why Accuracy on shield? Because there's a good chance I'll be rolling HA Kite Shield (assuming it drops soon) until new content which will have new ACC cap. The reason on sword? I need it to be capped once I switch out my hands with T8 hands. And future proofing like Shield.

I don't think hunts are solely to blame for LLDR being a wasteland. They're not helping, but myth shoots forth from every rock and crevice at this point, and LLDR doesn't give crap for soldiery. I'd rather just spam trial roulette in between doing other things; you only get the daily bonus once a day but the newbie bonus is really common these days, all my skills work, and there's no dungeon trash to deal with.

I do wonder about the impact 2.3 must have had on Main Scenario roulette. Who in their right mind would do Castrum or Prae for the myth at this point?

The other thing is that lldr takes way longer than level 50 dungeons. It takes like 30-40 minutes for a lvl ~15 dungeon. They really shouldn't be taking that long at lower levels when at 50 you can run dungeons in like 15 minutes if done right

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess

It's more that...if people have lower level classes to level, they aren't doing them because they would rather do hunts. 2.4 will probably see the extreme happen on the other side. LLDR will be packed to the gills and people in these threads will bitch about queue times. =x

ReaperXL7

It's more that...if people have lower level classes to level, they aren't doing them because they would rather do hunts. 2.4 will probably see the extreme happen on the other side. LLDR will be packed to the gills and people in these threads will bitch about queue times. =x

This is the way of the Ninja Grass Hopper.

I'm having this problem as well since I have to do those low-level dungeons for my book but nobody is doing it anymore. I don't know it I will ever have Animus.

Jayhawk

How long are these low level DR waits? Queue times were already long before hunts when I leveled up my BLM or did dungeons for my MNK books (20 to 40 minutes). The queue times now can't be that different.

ReaperXL7

Que times for me are instant when I run PLD, when I run SMN...much longer. I just got tired of dealing with peoples bullshit while Tanking, and I find SMN more fun to play overall anyway.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
As GLD (PLD NOW... YAY!) the queue times are so fast I am skyrocketing the leveling. Already have i90 gear waiting for him since I my BLM is overflowing with myth and I decided to say fuck you to Atma and focus on other things.

I hope by 2.4 we get a drop rate adjustment for atmas because I am not wasting that much time in senseless fates.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I played up to level 18 back during A Realm Reborn's launch, but felt incredibly bored for some reason. My little brother went up to level 50 before quitting because I wasn't playing with him anymore.

For some reason I decided to give the game another go after the huge disappointment that Wildstar was, and now I'm in love. There are just so many things to do, and the world is so deliciously Final Fantasy-y.

Can't wait to reach level 50 and find out what happens then.

Edit: Oh. I'm playing a Conjurer. Just reached level 30 and now I'm leveling the Arcanist class up.

Valor

How long are these low level DR waits? Queue times were already long before hunts when I leveled up my BLM or did dungeons for my MNK books (20 to 40 minutes). The queue times now can't be that different.

Ranged DPS still get the shaft for LLDR, but I think it lessens with certain factors such as how many dungeons you have available to roulette through and time of day. I've been finishing off my WHM and get near insta-pops while my alt ACN has 15+ minute waits.

chris-013

As GLD (PLD NOW... YAY!) the queue times are so fast I am skyrocketing the leveling. Already have i90 gear waiting for him since I my BLM is overflowing with myth and I decided to say fuck you to Atma and focus on other things.

I hope by 2.4 we get a drop rate adjustment for atmas because I am not wasting that much time in senseless fates.

Atmas are easy... trials book in the other end are so stupid when you need to wait 1-24h to see a fate appear and it's completed in matter of seconds and you don't have time to join. ;D

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Is there much use for Miasma II? It being AoE from around my character doesn't seem all that useful unless I'm in fights that need me to be stacked on a boss' backside. >_>

Is there much use for Miasma II? It being AoE from around my character doesn't seem all that useful unless I'm in fights that need me to be stacked on a boss' backside. >_>

its fine if you use it with contagion. Otherwise don't unless you gotta push bombs away in brayflox hard

I would agree with basically all of these replies to Bravura Novus, aside from Ken, since I don't think WAR really benefit from Skill Speed all that much. Plus the amount you'd need to throw on to make a difference is likely ridiculous. It's still not a terrible idea, however.

I think a lot of people are tempted to go crit/det on Novus for Bravura, but I don't think that's the best option. The better WAR axes, in order, were the Allagan > Dual Haken > Conquerer. Why? Accuracy. What do PLD put on their Novus? Parry/Acc. I would suggest personally going with DET and ACC on your Novus. High Allagan is Parry/Acc, so making your Novus that seems kind of redundant.

Accuracy is relatively future proof (as much as any secondary stat can be) for tanks, so that is always good. Determination makes you hit harder as a Warrior, and is likely one of the better secondary stat, if not the best one, for Warriors. That's my two cents on the matter.

Tank gear is swimming in accuracy these days, probably because the stock Bravura doesn't have any and Squenix realizes all too late how stupid that was since the Curtana does and all fights that matter require a lot of accuracy. So I'm not as fussed about accuracy as I was when Coil 2 first was released, I have too much goddamn accuracy as it is.

So I was sitting here at 25 Rose Gold cogs and decided to get the final 5 for my Artisan's Mallet I decided not to wait to farm and bought 9 Rose Gold nuggets(I had one) so I finish off the Rose gold cogs go to Mor Dhona only too see that I needed 50 cogs. My jaw dropped when I saw that then the Mor Dhona night music started which was perfect for the situation. Mad salty right now

aceface

I like to use it during speed runs on huge groups of enemies. Don't use it on a single enemy or a boss though. The damage over time it does total is less than one cast of ruin.

Wookieomg

Can someone confirm if Ultros is currently accepting new character creation? Saw on the Character Creation Restriction post that Ultros is available but I'd rather hear it directly from a player. I'm tempted to resub and roll a new character with my fellow Gaffers if so.

Sophia

Can someone confirm if Ultros is currently accepting new character creation? Saw on the Character Creation Restriction post that Ultros is available but I'd rather hear it directly from a player. I'm tempted to resub and roll a new character with my fellow Gaffers if so.

Yes, it's currently accepting.

ffxiv_08042014_1444447rie0.jpg

Look at some T9 guide and required accuracy for BRD to hit 100% is 513!? D:

I'm sitting at ~ 460 Accuracy right now so to bump it up..

Myth hat -> High Allagan hat (T7) = +10 acc

Weathered Auroral boots -> High Allagan boots (T6) = +9 acc

Hero's ring -> High Allagan ring (T8) = +19

damnit it will take me a while to get all those drops....or maybe wear Amon pants.

damnit it will take me a while to get all those drops....or maybe wear Amon pants.

you need dem high allagan drops

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

What. You should be higher than that for T8 even x_x.

What. You should be higher than that for T8 even x_x.

With Stuffed Cabbage my acc = 481 and I hit T8 pretty much >90%. Also our SMN is pretty heavily geared so I focus on singing Foe at the right time for his DoT to compensate my low DPS.

How.

That is like T5 accuracy, probably even worse. Is the Brd soldiery gear that barren of accuracy? I have way too much as MNK.

Rasenbogen doesn't have acc at all. That's the problem. Chest piece and pant BiS also have no acc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom