• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
With Stuffed Cabbage my acc = 481 and I hit T8 pretty much >90%. Also our SMN is pretty heavily geared so I focus on singing Foe at the right time for his DoT to compensate my low DPS.

Rasenbogen doesn't have acc at all. That's the problem. Chest piece and pant BiS also have no acc.

I used the original allagan pants until very recently lol. They are pretty legit.

Got lost in the world of glamor and spent all my gil down to the last dime. 400k gone forever. It was worth it.

Eh. I spent over a mil melding materia on a culinarian set. Just one. Not even close to done with the overmelds. I now have about a mil to work with after also taking a hit getting GSM to 60 on desynth.

Crafting is such a money pit, but I'm loving it.

Valor

Look at some T9 guide and required accuracy for BRD to hit 100% is 513!? D:

I'm sitting at ~ 460 Accuracy right now so to bump it up..

Myth hat -> High Allagan hat (T7) = +10 acc

Weathered Auroral boots -> High Allagan boots (T6) = +9 acc

Hero's ring -> High Allagan ring (T8) = +19

damnit it will take me a while to get all those drops....or maybe wear Amon pants.
You could even upgrade myth hat to auroral hat and get an increase in accuracy and dps. I dunno why you haven't done that yet. I was running that until I got the High Allagan Mask. You could also get some oil and stuff to bump up your auroral ring and grab a second auroral ring to get some extra acc, I suppose.

With Stuffed Cabbage my acc = 481 and I hit T8 pretty much >90%. Also our SMN is pretty heavily geared so I focus on singing Foe at the right time for his DoT to compensate my low DPS.

Rasenbogen doesn't have acc at all. That's the problem. Chest piece and pant BiS also have no acc.
Yeah but a ton of gear is flooded with accuracy, especially the right hand side. Go run ST for the Zebra Pants and you'll be okay for a while. I used Allagan until I got those and I haven't regretted it once. My accuracy is sitting at 501 with the Rosenbogen, so you don't necessarily need food to make up the difference, just some welfare sands and oil from hunts.

You could even upgrade myth hat to auroral hat and get an increase in accuracy and dps.

Myth hat to Auroral hat is only +3 acc so I don't think it worth wasting sol and sand for that upgrade. Also our group is already in farm mode for T6-T7 so I might as well wait for high Allagan mask.

Go run ST for the Zebra Pants and you'll be okay for a while.

That's what I've been doing everyday but goddamn RNG just doesn't want to give me pants. I try to avoid doing hunt because of how brain-dead it is. I almost have no need for sand anymore (maybe for Auroral sash but it think high Allagan sash is good enough) and oil I can get from coil or ST. Just like you said, the easiest scenario for me is to get Amon's pants and I should be set for a while.

Prototype

Eh. I spent over a mil melding materia on a culinarian set. Just one. Not even close to done with the overmelds. I now have about a mil to work with after also taking a hit getting GSM to 60 on desynth.

Crafting is such a money pit, but I'm loving it.
With all the gil problems I've been having lately I've been considering leveling up a few crafting classes. Not sure when as there is still plenty of things to do for my paladin. First on the list is finishing up my curtana animus. After that I'll look more closely at crafting. Until then, it's myth farming.

LProtag

Where do I go to find some UI/Hotbar setups that make sense? I feel like I'm just throwing shit everywhere and trying to figure out what works.

I'm playing on a laptop too, which makes things a little complicated in terms of comfort.

MechaX

Look at some T9 guide and required accuracy for BRD to hit 100% is 513!? D:

I'm sitting at ~ 460 Accuracy right now so to bump it up..

Myth hat -> High Allagan hat (T7) = +10 acc

Weathered Auroral boots -> High Allagan boots (T6) = +9 acc

Hero's ring -> High Allagan ring (T8) = +19

damnit it will take me a while to get all those drops....or maybe wear Amon pants.

Yeah, just keep trying for the Amon pants. If not, get the Allagan pants. I used those pants for awhile before I started praying to Cthulhu got lucky with drops in 2nd Coil.

With all the gil problems I've been having lately I've been considering leveling up a few crafting classes. Not sure when as there is still plenty of things to do for my paladin. First on the list is finishing up my curtana animus. After that I'll look more closely at crafting. Until then, it's myth farming.

Leveling crafting classes (in a reasonable time frame) is most likely a money losing venture. At best you can break even crafting some extras for the quests you're doing once you have a few cross class skills.

Once you start to go the master crafter route and start melding materia, it's an extremely deep money pit. Think 30k per shot for a 20%-30% chance of success times 5 slots PER CHARACTER. It's insanity. I lost 8 in a row once... such pain. For the off hand tool, that shot costs 200k since it's a tier IV materia. I haven't even attempted it yet for any of my classes.

After you get through that, you might see some better returns, but so far I'm making more of low level HQ stuff than I would make on the 1-star or 2-star items I have available to me.

Desynth my actually be a net positive if you sold the demimaterias you get. But since you'll need them to unlock the new master books and craft the new earrings, choker and belt, you won't. It is a lot less expensive than melding so far, but as all things crafting related, I've just barely scratched the surface.

Noi

I'm just doing fishing, which was much leas gil-intensive to get into cuz there's no GP requirement. People want those swimsuits!

Ken

ibcNSc3SyBT6oU.png

I'm just doing fishing, which was much leas gil-intensive to get into cuz there's no GP requirement. People want those swimsuits!

If you want to min/max fisher, don't you need the battle ilvl 90 accessories, since they hold more gathering and perception? That can also be incredibly expensive, though I have no clue if it's actually necessary. My fisher is only lvl 23 and I haven't fished once (just GC turn ins, my BOT is 21 with the same system).

Frumix

Suffering From Success
If you want to min/max fisher, don't you need the battle ilvl 90 accessories, since they hold more gathering and perception? That can also be incredibly expensive, though I have no clue if it's actually necessary. My fisher is only lvl 23 and I haven't fished once (just GC turn ins, my BOT is 21 with the same system).

That's probably excessive. Olgoi-Korkhoi which is required for Halcyon Supra is actually at a floor of 348 gathering whereas MIN and BTN nodes required for their Supras are at 401 gathering.
Big fish that give vanity items start at the floor of 301 which you can easily reach with AF HQ, some junky melds and food.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Can't be, all the nublets on Maelstrom came from Flames in the first place. The 30 day cooldown is still up for them.

Haly

didn't they change the CD to 15 days?

cause i swear i heard it like that from last patch

Oh, yes, it's 15 days now.

So yeah, just a bunch of nublets joining the winning team and Adders getting in a few wins during the confusion before falling back to third place.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So far sold half of my stockpile of shards and made 3.7 mil gil, just finishing off the rest and threw up my crystals and clusters also
Should reach another 1.5 mil when all those sell

Prototype

Leveling crafting classes (in a reasonable time frame) is most likely a money losing venture. At best you can break even crafting some extras for the quests you're doing once you have a few cross class skills.

Once you start to go the master crafter route and start melding materia, it's an extremely deep money pit. Think 30k per shot for a 20%-30% chance of success times 5 slots PER CHARACTER. It's insanity. I lost 8 in a row once... such pain. For the off hand tool, that shot costs 200k since it's a tier IV materia. I haven't even attempted it yet for any of my classes.

After you get through that, you might see some better returns, but so far I'm making more of low level HQ stuff than I would make on the 1-star or 2-star items I have available to me.

Desynth my actually be a net positive if you sold the demimaterias you get. But since you'll need them to unlock the new master books and craft the new earrings, choker and belt, you won't. It is a lot less expensive than melding so far, but as all things crafting related, I've just barely scratched the surface.

Right now I've been making nearly all my money from spirit bonding, just wearing my set when I'm doing hunts, low lvl dungeons, ect.

I know that crafting can be expensive to level but it would be nice to be able to make things to sell, perform my own melds, repair my own armor, ect. I'm still a long, long way off from getting to that point tho. So many things I want to do and so little time

Noi

You only need the i70 battle accessories right now, afaik (Rose Gold, Astral, Gryphon, etc). Those tend to go for ~120k NQ/HQ on my server (they both share the same materia caps) and only need one Gathering III/Perception III each, which is still a lot less expensive than melding gear for other classes. Its also a lot easier to get the max melds on the body, arms, legs and boots when you only need one forbidden meld to cap non-gp stats.

Prototype

Maybe I missed it jamming buttons thru the explanation, but do retainers still sell your items for you while on ventures?

I ask because right now I am only sending 1 out while the other stays to sell.

Haly

Yes, they can sell items while farming Mog EX.

Blizzje

Did the Svara fate again yesterday and it reminded me of how bad the PS4 version can stutter and have frame drops. Is that a situation where the PC version on 1080p/max stutters as well? The framedrops usually happen when battling Svara and pointing the camera at Dragonhead...

GraveRobberX

Just for Ken <3

Finally 0 in all categories!
BEl2cBWl.jpg

Still got 50% stock to go
BUY MY STUFF!:
Jp3B9LMl.jpg

p5xCjNAl.jpg

Hit a new gil milestone!:
ycfkL6Dl.jpg

If I sell off everything right should reach 30mil in total

Did the Svara fate again yesterday and it reminded me of how bad the PS4 version can stutter and have frame drops. Is that a situation where the PC version on 1080p/max stutters as well? The framedrops usually happen when battling Svara and pointing the camera at Dragonhead...

Trying to do a S rank on the PC is always an adventure.

GraveRobberX

I don't even play on your server and I'm still gonna be sad to see you go, GR :(

Health issues and reality check are my top priority
I will be playing Destiny for my fix, but at least that game can be played in small increments, not so much with FFXIV
You need to invest time, which I need to convert to lose weight and get an active lifestyle

Thanks for caring <3

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Should hit 50 on SMN soon. Now I have to decide if I want to pour soldiery into SMN or WAR. Both sets are ugly as sin to me, so there'll be some substantial glamour going on. I'll probably be able to do more things as a tank, but pew-pewing stuff is fun too. Decisions, decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom