• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMBored

God, failed to get loot from ST this week. Oil shows up, but my rolls are always short. I should have got the PLD body one of the two times it showed up, but I just got my PLD so it's gonna be a while until I could use it.
Well, another week with 460 acc and using lava toad legs for T6.

That's like... 3 months of spears man...

That's delicious spearmonth...
... I'm sorry.

Mr. RHC

ibcNSc3SyBT6oU.png

chrono01

But how many bows is the real question.
It's not a week before after Third Coil is released, Kagari. You will get your bow then and not a moment sooner!

[I'm trying my "negative" approach once more. We'll see if it works out for today's raid...]

Mozendo

Man, the storry in ARR is just fucking terrible.
I hope they fix this garbage in the expansion.

Edit: Ugh, who at square thought this was good.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
u wanna lend me your account so i can run coil on it?

Nah, I'm good

If I can't be bothered to do it, no need to get my ilvl up
maybe in the future like 1-2 expansions, I might come check back, hopefully

Reknoc

it's not great but it's still:

a) better than anything else S-E has put out recently
b) balanced out by Hildebrand

IMBored

Speaking of story, I just did my first PLD quest and I get a feeling that's the exact same that the GLD quest. Aka
rogue pld/ldg guys is actually a good guy
. Is this true?

Nohar

Speaking of story, I just did my first PLD quest and I get a feeling that's the exact same that the GLD quest. Aka
rogue pld/ldg guys is actually a good guy
. Is this true?

Well...
Short answer: yes. Long answer: still yes.

Started playing this out of boredom and I'm actually enjoying it. One question though, is crafting worth messing around with as a newbie? I can't tell if it's just a money sink or something I would really benefit from.

Started playing this out of boredom and I'm actually enjoying it. One question though, is crafting worth messing around with as a newbie? I can't tell if it's just a money sink or something I would really benefit from.

it's a money sink unless you can gather your own mats. Once you can gather/make your own stuff. You can sell what you make on the board or use it for other classes

iammeiam

I ran EX roulette twice last night and saw like five gear drops; only like one boss who dropped nothing but crafting stuff. it was an RNG miracle! Hullbreaker even have me the pants I was after so I could complete the major parts of my piratey glamour.

Anyone need a mediocre bard with no experience for Second Coil? What I lack in usefulness I make up in style and flair.

Based on how 2.3 went, the expansion will still do the frustrating "MAJOR PLOT DEVELOPMENT HAPPENS now go do this trivial unrelated thing because we need to pad this out." thing main scenario loved. It wouldn't be quite as bad if it were consistently trivial, but it keeps tricking me into thinking it's hitting an interesting groove and then lol delivering uniforms.

I ran EX roulette twice last night and saw like five gear drops; only like one boss who dropped nothing but crafting stuff. it was an RNG miracle! Hullbreaker even have me the pants I was after so I could complete the major parts of my piratey glamour.

Anyone need a mediocre bard with no experience for Second Coil? What I lack in usefulness I make up in style and flair.

Based on how 2.3 went, the expansion will still do the frustrating "MAJOR PLOT DEVELOPMENT HAPPENS now go do this trivial unrelated thing because we need to pad this out." thing main scenario loved. It wouldn't be quite as bad if it were consistently trivial, but it keeps tricking me into thinking it's hitting an interesting groove and then lol delivering uniforms.

they need the title "Realm's Errand Boy"

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I like the story in FF14. But then, it's coming off the terrible that was FF13 and its sequels so that probably sugar coats it a bit for me.

I like the story in FF14. But then, it's coming off the terrible that was FF13 and its sequels so that probably sugar coats it a bit for me.

I feel the same. I wish the lore was just a little more fleshed out, but I have no complaints about the story itself. Some of that English voice acting, though... *coughminfiliacough*

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I feel the same. I wish the lore was just a little more fleshed out, but I have no complaints about the story itself. Some of that English voice acting, though... *coughminfiliacough*

I turned on Japanese voice acting lol. Which still isn't the greatest, but better than the English I guess.

suzu

Apparently some cutscenes are different if you switched to Japanese voices. Like that white-haired male elf in Coerthas actually acts way more creepy and exaggerated compared to how he is in the English cutscene (from the current patch). lol

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Does High Allagan Coat of Casting really only drop from Turn 3? I know it's the same stats as Evenstar, but SMN soldiery chest is hideous, while the coat is kind of gorgeous. Do I have much hope of mustering a group to do that turn to try and get the thing? I know it's the brain dead easy turn, but not sure if much of the community is interested in it.

lordxar

I loved the main questline up to finishing off Ultima and the Ascians. Story felt done and now its kind of dragging. I stalled out running from GC to GC in this last patch. Some garbage about some new group....wtf ever. Tired of teleporting, ooh an A is up :) The step and fetch crap is not much fun.

My friends and I have a favorite though:
Pick up the bucket.
Walk to stream.
Place bucket in stream.
Fill bucket.
Pick bucket up.
Walk back.
Dump water on whatever.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Does High Allagan Coat of Casting really only drop from Turn 3? I know it's the same stats as Evenstar, but SMN soldiery chest is hideous, while the coat is kind of gorgeous. Do I have much hope of mustering a group to do that turn to try and get the thing? I know it's the brain dead easy turn, but not sure if much of the community is interested in it.

Yeah.

Be glad it doesn't drop from Turn 9 I guess like the DRG, BRD and Tank ones do.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Yeah.

Be glad it doesn't drop from Turn 9 I guess like the DRG, BRD and Tank ones do.

True. I don't reckon I'll be doing T9 any time soon. =p Guess I'll check around with the FC to see if anyone is interested in running T3 when the time comes.

I turned on Japanese voice acting lol. Which still isn't the greatest, but better than the English I guess.

I think it's worth noting this is the only Final Fantasy game where you're able to do this (Japanese language, English subtitles), without having to hunt some Chinese edition. I really don't get why they don't do this for every game. Don't use disc space as an excuse, many games let you download the Japanese dialog.

In other news I was able to play a bit last night, and got a 79 on my need roll for Oil on ST, lost to someone who rolled 80.

In the last run before reset I just went with the tank gloves to get something. In the last chest there was a UAT and an Oil, I probably would have gotten at least one :(

At least the gloves seem better than the unweathered soldiery ones, but I'll have to redo my glamours.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
True. I don't reckon I'll be doing T9 any time soon. =p Guess I'll check around with the FC to see if anyone is interested in running T3 when the time comes.

The fight isn't that bad, it's just long with a pretty big DPS check for what is essentially a big, unmoving target. I took forward to farming it the most once the weekly lockout is removed in 2.4.

Different stats - HA is Spell Speed/Det, while Evenstar is Crit/Det.
Better for BLM, if that helps you with your glamour woes. :V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom