• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Yeah.

Be glad it doesn't drop from Turn 9 I guess like the DRG, BRD and Tank ones do.

Yagrush is pretty much just as good if not better than HA Crook.
Pants are undeniably worse than Daystar for both healing classes and I can cover the ugly breeches with a Dalamud Red Spring Skirt which fits right in with the coat.
Only Grimoire of Healing beckons me.

Thank you Yoship.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yagrush is pretty much just as good if not better than HA Crook.
Pants are undeniably worse than Daystar for both healing classes and I can cover the ugly breeches with a Dalamud Red Spring Skirt which fits right in with the coat.
Only Grimoire of Healing beckons me.

Thank you Yoship.

That weapon damage tho.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
if you say no when it drops. you a bad

thatsthejoke.jpg

Tabris

Then whoever told you that is misinformed and doesn't understand stat weights and just how much weapon damage brings to the table compared to secondary stats.

HA Crook >>> Yagrush

Yeah, I keep hearing conflicting reports on this.

People been telling Korra (MikeD) that Ramuh SCH Book > Book of Diamonds statistically. And it sounds like it comes from reasonable sources, so the same should apply to HA Crook vs Yagrush.

Obviously this evaluation is different for damage dealers, but the big question for healers is +40 Crit vs +5 MND / +3 magic dmg/healing. Which ends up being better.

Tabris

Well, Book of Diamonds is pretty bad yeah.

Yeah but the only difference is Crit vs Piety + 5 MND + 3 base damage between Ramuh and Book of Diamonds. Spell speed stats similar.

So the question is 40 Crit better than 5 MND + 3 base damage for curing.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Yeah but the only difference is Crit vs Piety + 5 MND + 3 base damage between Ramuh and Book of Diamonds. Spell speed stats similar.

So the question is 40 Crit better than 5 MND + 3 base damage for curing.

Scholars have a bit of a different conundrum than White Mages, they need as much crit as possible for them godlike adlo procs.
White Mages should be more consistent instead, but they also need larger piety pool, and they ALSO could use more spell speed because their job is entirely reactionary.
Absence of Crit on most SCH weapons is the real problem here for them.

Isaccard

Weapon dmg > main stat > secondaries

Book of diamonds gets a bad rep for being bad buts that Wepon dmg/mind increase is still a boost to Eos/Selene

Crit for sch really only matters for adlo

So, are people whom are already signed up, exchanging codes or something?

When you sign up, you enter the e-mail of the friend you're using it for and a code is sent to them to redeem through the Mog Station. Once they do, it shows up on your account that it's someone you got into the game.

WolvenOne

When you sign up, you enter the e-mail of the friend you're using it for and a code is sent to them to redeem through the Mog Station. Once they do, it shows up on your account that it's someone you got into the game.

Yeah, that part I get, but the way some people are talking has suggested to me that many of the people, "signing up," aren't actually new to the game.

It's more like $60 isn't it? 3 months sub plus the cost of the game.

At least that. $20+ to buy the base game and three months of a sub which is around $40. The account has to be brand new or at least one that has already used up its free trial month. If they want the mount immediately it will cost that much up front.

dcye

Does High Allagan Coat of Casting really only drop from Turn 3? I know it's the same stats as Evenstar, but SMN soldiery chest is hideous, while the coat is kind of gorgeous. Do I have much hope of mustering a group to do that turn to try and get the thing? I know it's the brain dead easy turn, but not sure if much of the community is interested in it.

Just to make sure, it drops from turn 3 in the second coil of bahumut, aka Turn 8. Not the first coil Turn 3, which drops nothing at all.

Hoping for personal housing myself. Was tempted to buy a room but having my own house seems better, especially since I could probably garden.

WolvenOne

At this point the only change I want to see to Hunts, ate the reduction or removal of Soldiery as a reward, just to give people more incentives to run dungeons again. Frankly, I'd be surprised to see it happening though. The devs seem reluctant to really adjust things before major patches.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
"New Elite Hunt Bills every 2 weeks instead of 1."

Just uncap soldiery for this patch, if it's meant to be a catchup patch, let people grab all the soldiery they can. It's just gonna be replaced with whatever tome comes next in 2.4

Ken

lol nope

its gonna be a "oh we fixed it so that an extra 100 people can zone in on an S-rank mob"

aka nothing at all~

lol yeah right

"We know people were having trouble seeing S ranks so... we added a new symbol for S ranks so people would be able to differentiate them from As and Bs."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom