• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenai

What has been confirmed for 2.35 so far:

1) Frontlines/Wolves Den changes, including class balance adjustments, glamours, and randomized starting positions (and more I can't remember)

2) Ixtali Beast tribe dailies, and bonus quest content for maxing all 5 Beast Tribes rep (dunno if they ever said what)

3) Weather forecasters

4) Premade alliances for CT/ST

5) Chocobo color options (supposed to be a lot, around the same amount as in-game dyes)

Isaccard

1) Frontlines/Wolves Den changes, including class balance adjustments, glamours, and randomized starting positions (and more I can't remember)

2) Ixtali Beast tribe dailies, and bonus quest content for maxing all 5 Beast Tribes rep (dunno if they ever said what)

3) Weather forecasters

5) Chocobo color options (supposed to be a lot, around the same amount as in-game dyes)

This will be interesting

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

3) Weather forecasters

1. Sorry White Mages

2. Dat Grind.

3. Will we get an Eorzean Weather Channel? We'll finally get to see what Minfillia does with all the free time while we save the world, a weather girl.

4. Good.

5. I still want my meteo casting red chocobo or a flying black chocobo (thanks PS3).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Thanks RNG for our 8th healer coat this week:

FvgrqGu.jpg

And our third High Allagan SCH book.

gg

Taruranto

3) Weather forecasters

1) Good, it was getting a lil' boring.

2) Meh, ok. Will do them for the mounts, more than anything.

3) Fucking finally. I'm still nothing doing vistas though.

4) People still doing CT/ST?

5) Meh, Yoshi fucked up chocobo breeding. Colors should come from breeding different chocobos together, not this shit.

Subscription runs out tomorrow so I'll probably wait to re-sub until 2.35. Hunting are fun, but I don't need many allies seals and Coil still under lockout.

Get the relic zenith and do hunts.

Relic upgrades your Weapon to lvl 90.

Hunts allow you to get easy myths to exchange for lvl 90 armor/accs

Normally I would say doing the end game dungeons are good for myths, but as of 2.3. I'd have to say that hunts are much easier and more time efficient.

You can probably get an ilvl 100 accessory by then as well.

Well for the relic weapon I need to be ilevel 52/49 (can't remember which) to do the duty finder fight. Can I gear up on Wanderer's Palace and Ampador Keep? I would try the hunts but I've seen so much rage in chat whenever they are going on. It seems like it would be a pain trying to figure out which directions people are giving are fake/real. For reference my average item level is 43.

Just saw this now. Wow, I didn't know there was still so much to do.

Taruranto

Some of that ST gear is pretty good, statwise .

Not upgradeable, so not just worth the effort (40 minutes raid with boring and easy-as-hell scripted boss fights, just kill me) to me. Especially since I have so many Soldiery these days I could start to gear my alt.

Well for the relic weapon I need to be ilevel 52/49 (can't remember which) to do the duty finder fight. Can I gear up on Wanderer's Palace and Ampador Keep? I would try the hunts but I've seen so much rage in chat whenever they are going on. It seems like it would be a pain trying to figure out which directions people are giving are fake/real. For reference my average item level is 43.

I'd say give the Hunts a try. Join a pt in PF, even just a couple of A are enough to buy yourself some iLevel90 gears. Buy accessories from the Market Board.

You can also use the myth your earned with the main story to get some gears from Auriana in Mor Dhona. Chest/pants always first for the VIT bonus.

Casual Tower 1 can also land you some iLevel 80 gears but dunno if anyone still doing it.

AK drops better stuff than WP.

Ken

New group Bidoofs forming on Ultros GAF. Currently 4/8 and are still on T6 progression so if anyone wants to jump into Coil2 this static is recruiting. :eek:

For more information check the thread!

Kenai

5) Meh, Yoshi fucked up chocobo breeding. Colors should come from breeding different chocobos together, not this shit.

They want us to stick to a single Chocobo for the time being and despite the "where do babies come from" CS I guess they aren't ready to assign Chocobos genders/babymaking pens yet.

Considering they are supposed to want Choco color to change by feeding it food that isn't in the game yet, it will probably take just as long as breeding with how wacky and restricted gardening is (although at least for the latter in 2.38 we can get our own gardens via personal housing). Maybe they will put the food on vendors though.

This is all minor stuff for me though, 2.4 (and I guess 2.38 housing) is what I've had my eye on for a while now.

aceface

New group Bidoofs forming on Ultros GAF. Currently 4/8 and are still on T6 progression so if anyone wants to jump into Coil2 this static is recruiting. :eek:

For more information check the thread!

Actually the remnants of our static merged with that one so we have a full party for now. :D

Riou take good care of V'rius, he's an awesome player.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Would be quite happy to skip the plant

Why can't you one-shot it yet.

This is terrible. I'm only finally getting done with BT the day after tomorrow and it won't be until 5 weeks later when my crafts are all at 50.

TEN MILLION GIL

Sophia

I wonder third Coil will be as harsh on statics like Second Coil is.

I'd like to think they're carefully paying attention to how statics are going forward, and will factor that into how they design the Third Coil.

I might just be too optimistic, however.

I must admit I've had nothing but incredibly bad experiences going into Second Coil, so I may be a little bit biased too.

Tabris

Actually the remnants of our static merged with that one so we have a full party for now. :D

Riou take good care of V'rius, he's an awesome player.

Didn't realize he just came from yours. I just remember he mentioned his static fell apart recently. He did a great job on his first day. We cleared T6-T8 in just under 2hrs (we'll get this down as we're working as a group). T9 practice on Sunday.

Why can't you one-shot it yet.

This is terrible. I'm only finally getting done with BT the day after tomorrow and it won't be until 5 weeks later when my crafts are all at 50.

TEN MILLION GIL

Statics sometimes struggle when members aren't there on a consistent basis.

And I definitely agree about Second Coil needing more time to learn, First Coil was a tad short on mechanics as opposed to this.

chrono01

Rafflesia was definitely a more intimidating roadblock to people coming into Second Coil than Caduceus was in First Coil, IMO. Turn 7 was, and still is, a lot more forgiving, and so is Turn 8 [once you have a plan in-mind]. Turn 9, as expected, is the more demanding of the four Turns, but even then [as Kagari said] it's a lot more demanding than Twintania was [post-Twister fix, anyway].

It'll definitely be interesting to see how they approach Third Coil.

Ken

On the other hand, I think a lot of the time in Coil1 came from learning your job at a raid level for the first time.

Sophia

On the other hand, I think a lot of the time in Coil1 came from learning your job at a raid level for the first time.

You're probably right. Lots of people I played with struggled with the first four (well, three...) turns of coil, where as I was having no issues at all. It does seem like I had a mastery of my job that they didn't have.

Had kind of a neat experience with Coil and hunts last night. I hadn't much time to play this last few days, logged on for Coil. Once our party got together, Garlok popped, so we went over and bashed it for full credit before our run. Did turn 6/7, then while we were dealing with oil/tomestone, Thousand-Cast Theda popped and we bashed that too before going into turn 8 to introduce our new member to The Avatar. 100 allied seals, a whole mess of tomestones and a couple of turns down + shortcut ain't bad for an evening's effort. (Plus Coil showered loot on people who needed it for a change.)

Tiops

A little question for the people that are in the end game content (Second Coil and stuff):

How many hours have you already played? I at 90 hours, level 40, and I'm a little scared of how much time I'll have to invest in the game. I'm not saying it's a problem to invest a lot of time in the game (as I really like it). I want my Platinum Trophy and I'm expecting the worst.

dcye

A little question for the people that are in the end game content (Second Coil and stuff):

How many hours have you already played? I at 90 hours, level 40, and I'm a little scared of how much time I'll have to invest in the game. I'm not saying it's a problem to invest a lot of time in the game (as I really like it). I want my Platinum Trophy and I'm expecting the worst.

I don't have a steam copy so I can't say for sure, but I've been playing since day 1 probably nearly every day (I've provably missed like 30 days?). I think I'd be well past the 1000 hours mark at this point, maybe pushing 2000. I honestly wish I could find out haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom