• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorian

Banned
Tanked normal Haukke Manor for the first time, and it went without a hitch. Was worried about the final boss, but had a good team with me and the whole run went smoothly. I'll probably run it a few more times, but now it's mostly a push toward Brayflox where shit will get real. Kinda nervous about future dungeons, but am enjoying tanking more than I thought I would, so will stick with it. =)

Brayflox will be terrible if you are a paladin because enmity will be an extremely elusive beast. Don't let it get you down.

Qvoth

just found out the new mandoraz minions are from gardening.. fuck this shit ; ;
surprisingly huge buffs for blms, too bad they did nothing on thunders

anybody has 1.0 parley mini game experience? what's the game like?

Jeels

At certain times of the day, nodes appear that lets you gather rare items. This only applies for BTN and MIN. There is a handy chart online I use which shows the Eorzean time and what slots they appear...search for unspoiled mining nodes and that should help.

Thanks, that list helps a lot. Wow, some of these things require gathering > 408. What the heck, mine is half that.

CLBridges

Finally beat Mog X last night as Scholar. I'm ready now to take on Ramuh and hopefully get some weapon drops or mount would be nice. My sub expires on the 15th of this month and I'm thinking I might re-sub. 2.3 is offering a lot of good content IMO for the type of player I am (Not really into Coil progression).

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I need to do atma grinding and Mog X today...

Btw, I assume you need to complete CT1 to do Syrcus?

That new squirrel minion is like so totally the bloody Nutkin foes from V. Go take on those suckers when you first see them and tell me how fun they are...

Qvoth

Ditto, though I'm really not big on minions to be honest. Mounts on the other hand. XD

funny thing is, 2 nights ago my brother was playing his char on my pc, and he got the drop and won the roll lol
he said that's his 2nd time he's seen it

ReaperXL7

Only 3 Atma left to go! I see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is beautiful.

(I know about the books, but the books will be a cakewalk compared to grinding fates for eternity).

LHD4ePV.jpg
It's a face!

Ken

in halatali

(Number One) i should let you die then
(Number One) you have half your gear missing
You gain 664 (+65%) experience points.
You obtain 7 gil.
(Hot Tea) Want to get kicked for harassment?
(Number One) how is that a proper tank
Emerald Carbuncle withdraws from the battlefield.
(Number One) go for it
(Number One) i feel sorry for the dps then
(Number One) you 2 see his gear?
(Hot Tea) Link me ur paladins weapons
You gain 664 (+65%) experience points.
You obtain 7 gil.
(Number One) Break Blade
(Number One) High Allagan Staff
(Number One) main wep ^
(Hot Tea) Curtana Atma
(Hot Tea) Holy Shield Animus
(Number One) where is your high allagan?
(Hot Tea) And i have played for 22 days
(Hot Tea) So... stfu?
(Number One) still no excuse for gear
(Hot Tea) Why do you think I am here?
(Number One) look at mine ive played this 1 day
(Hot Tea) To get gear sucka

so embarassing

Xux

Jeeze, this update looks pretty cool. Might have to bite the bullet and play on PS3 since it'll be a long while before I can get a new computer.

WolvenOne

Incidentally, I just noticed something in the patch notes.

The following items are now available for trade from Aelina in Mor Dhona at Revenant's Toll (X:22 Y: 6):
Sands of Time / Oil of Time / Wolf Marks

Hmm...

Shit, just looked in the FF14 launcher and saw Ultimate Game Card is being shutdown. Get us a 21-gun salute in here for the service plenty of us have used ever since PSN 2011 made us paranoid about using our CC online.

Damnit, thank god there are FF14 specific 60-day cards available, but I hate being backed into that corner of having more than a single month queued up in the event I plan on going on hiatus because of Destiny addiction.

Whelp, next question is naturally, how do I create Gatherer's Guerdon Materia IV because its far too expensive in the store.

You're best bet is to spiritbond level 45+ gathering accessories. Get a crafter to attach some junk materia to make it go faster. You will most likely get level 3 gathering materia but I have got my fair share of level 4 materia, all for the low cost of a few crystals and the materia I had to buy.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
You're best bet is to spiritbond level 45+ gathering accessories. Get a crafter to attach some junk materia to make it go faster. You will most likely get level 3 gathering materia but I have got my fair share of level 4 materia, all for the low cost of a few crystals and the materia I had to buy.

In addition if you're spiritbonding non-class-specific items like accessories you don't have to actually craft to spiritbond crafting items. You can just run CT or spam mobs in Urth's Gift.

Apoptomon

Have the servers been unstable for anyone else today? I got 10105'd earlier while waiting in Coerthas for darksteel ore. On the upside(?) I got my third and fourth atma stones, so that's Thanalan crossed off for fate farming...

ReaperXL7

Just wait for the parts you have to camp for specific fates -_-

I'm not so worried about that as it will give me a good opportunity to start working on my ARM/WPN crafting while I wait. It's still better then farming a single area and going through every fate for days with only a prayer of getting what you need to advance.

kiryogi

Banned
You just need to know where to be before it actually happens. AM can be great if it's your thing but I do ignore it and I'm cool with that. As long as you only waste one GCD on scathe per movement phase your DPS is fine for anything it needs to be (disclaimer: I haven't done T9 at all myself and I'm sure it's miserable and a horror story but everyone says everything is a horror story in this game when it's rare for something to actually be that terrible).

Learn to BLM. Scathe is great when your AM is down, but it doesn't make up for an additional proper spell.

-- Aetherial Manipulation --

Sheer mobility, faster movement for more DPS uptime.

Ken

is it worth it to get the ilvl 90 gear with the Mythology stones?

eh, CT2 drops i100 gear but only requires avg i70 level. it might be more efficient to farm CT1 for i80 gear, use the myth from runs on i90 accessories, and get into CT2 to start getting i100 drops.

and then there's limitless coil1 with echo buff for more chances at i90 gear.

Raxious

Yes, it still is good and not all the soldiery gear is good. Might as well wait and see how the new gear is.

eh, CT2 drops i100 gear but only requires avg i70 level. it might be more efficient to farm CT1 for i80 gear, use the myth from runs on i90 accessories, and get into CT2 to start getting i100 drops.

and then there's limitless coil1 with echo buff for more chances at i90 gear.

Yea, got myself a ilvl 90 ring cause I needed to get average ilvl 52 for the Hydra fight xD I really need better gear.

alstein

The game changes heavily once you hit lvl 50 right? Getting kinda tired of grinding through the main quest right now.

Looks like that 48k seal pepper is for resetting chocobo skill points. It's almost 5 times the cost to reset your own, but I guess most people will only ever use it once.

I don't understand the point of that, since you can now get up to level 20, which should unlock everything.

Re: BLM changes, is Apocastatise going to be useful now (it now reduces all magic damge, right)? H

I think it's a pretty significant change. Pretty much no one used it before, but I think people might start putting it back on their hotbars now. Previously, it raised resistance by 30% to three elements only: fire, ice and lightning. Elemental resistance is a bit of a lame stat to begin with, but being limited to only those three elements really ruined it. Off the top of my head, the things that you could currently reasonably use it for are:
- Packs of ice sprites in Stone Vigil
- Liquid Hell in T5
- Fireballs in T7
- Ifrit lol

It's not a big list. I can't even think of anything in the current content that's lightning-aspected that you could use it for, unless you were fighting Lightning Sprites as a party.

The spell now decreases "magic vulnerability", which seems a lot more generally useful to me, particularly for helping tanks take big magical hits if you've got a Scholar or Summoner in the party to pair it with a Supervirus, but it's not a gamechanger, I don't think. There are a host of better ways to mitigate that kind of damage, so this is just gravy. Maybe it'll be more useful in future content.

Additionally, the cooldown is now even longer than it was before (3 minutes instead of 2), and they didn't saying anything about Ekpyrosis, which is the debuff that it applies once it wears off, that stops it from being applied again for a short while. So, in my opinion, it's gone from 'can be safely forgotten about' to 'mediocre and highly situational'. Which is alright, really - that's still better than mostly useless. And besides, BLM is supposed to be a pure DPS class, so I think this spell was always going to be a token party member buff.

edgefusion

I've saved a few newbies lives by casting apocapanties on them for Ifrits hellfire when they had low health. It is super situational but it does have it's uses, so I keep it on my secondary hotbar anyway.

Is Pharos Sirius as difficult as the rest of the internet makes it appear to be? All I'm reading is stories of rage quitting.

I've saved a few newbies lives by casting apocapanties on them for Ifrits hellfire when they had low health. It is super situational but it does have it's uses, so I keep it on my secondary hotbar anyway.

I think it's telling for how rarely Apoc gets used that I totally overlooked Ifrit. I'll stealth add that to my other post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom