• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reposting for the new page and those that missed it!

ibuWUlHng8lZdJ.png

Original artwork by Strawberry Shortcake (androidcandy).

We are pleased to announce our first GAF FC contest, Summers in Eorzea! We want you to share photos of your summer vacation in Eorzea with us. The best entries will win some great prizes! We have over 1 million gil in cash prizes and minion prizes like the Onion Prince, Eggplant Knight, King Tomato, Mandragora Queen, Tiny Tapir, Magic Broom, and Plush Cushion.

Visit the website at http://neogaf.guildwork.com and click HERE for details.

Isaccard

How would I go about fixing something like this and what would be my problem with my ISP? First time this has happened to me and it's quite strange, and I really just want to play.

Who's your ISP?
What kind of speed do you have?
Wired or wireless? (Leave thread if wireless)

WolvenOne

How would I go about fixing something like this and what would be my problem with my ISP? First time this has happened to me and it's quite strange, and I really just want to play.

What you're describing are Lag Bursts, which is what happens when you have a high degree of latency between yourself and the server. While occasionally network conditions or the server itself can be the cause of such latency, it's usually caused by something on the Users end.

So...

What kind of connection do you have? Are you connecting wirelessly or via ethernet? and where are you trying to connect from? It'll be a little easier to diagnose the issue with this sort of information.

SE's official stance seems to be that early pulls are fine because you can't claim a mob until you hit it, but resets aren't because whoever's hit the mob has a claim on it you're not allowed to negate.

Which kind of continues the weird competitive/cooperative mishmash that hunts have been so far, so I guess it makes sense.

I wish it was more openly available solely because I think you could make a pretty good horror movie scenario out of a swarm of costumed lalafell descending on the major cities like locusts.

Why can't they just make sure the mob doesn't go farther than a certain place from it's spawn point so it never resets? Or make it take much longer, like boss fates? If they don't want people doing it, then don't let them do it ffs.

The Ixal quests are going to involve crafting. But, they said you would not have to have any crafting classes leveled to do them. I have no idea how it's going to work.

Maybe you'll be able to trade that stuff on the MB and crafters can make some money (that would be nice, melding has gotten me bankrupt)

I'm on Comcast wired, usually my speeds are 35 download and 10 upload.

Make sure you stop your torrents...

Isaccard

I'm on Comcast wired, usually my speeds are 35 download and 10 upload.

What time were you trying to play? Rubber banding can happen if you're playing during prime time, there is a know memory leak since the latest patch was introduced that might also cause some the of the issues you're experiencing. I'd tell not to let this deter you from the game, they're pretty good server maintenance. But you should always check your side first

First step would be to ditch comcast :lol

Hugstable

Banned
What you're describing are Lag Bursts, which is what happens when you have a high degree of latency between yourself and the server. While occasionally network conditions or the server itself can be the cause of such latency, it's usually caused by something on the Users end.

So...

What kind of connection do you have? Are you connecting wirelessly or via ethernet? and where are you trying to connect from? It'll be a little easier to diagnose the issue with this sort of information.

I live in California, using an Ethernet connection using Comcast ISP. I get around 35mbps donwload and 10 upload. Anything that could help me play would be amazing, right now the bursts are so bad that I can't really do much in the fights.

studyguy

I live in California, using an Ethernet connection using Comcast ISP. I get around 35mbps donwload and 10 upload. Anything that could help me play would be amazing, right now the bursts are so bad that I can't really do much in the fights.

Verizon FIOS in California here. 15/15, connection is buttery smooth without any VPN or anything. Are you being throttled or something?

Hugstable

Banned
What time were you trying to play? Rubber banding can happen if you're playing during prime time, there is a know memory leak since the latest patch was introduced that might also cause some the of the issues you're experiencing. I'd tell not to let this deter you from the game, they're pretty good server maintenance. But you should always check your side first

First step would be to ditch comcast :lol

Heh ditching comcast would be great since my 2 years with them is up in a month, but my area doesn't really have much else of a choice. Also I tried playong around 3 hours ago at 7-8 am PST which is when I had the problem since I just bought the game this morning.

The Ixal quests are going to involve crafting. But, they said you would not have to have any crafting classes leveled to do them. I have no idea how it's going to work.

Heh ditching comcast would be great since my 2 years with them is up in a month, but my area doesn't really have much else of a choice. Also I tried playong around 3 hours ago at 7-8 am PST which is when I had the problem since I just bought the game this morning.

I wasn't kidding about the torrents. Make sure you haven't left anything downloading (or even worse, uploading), maybe even on another PC. Is anyone else using your connection? I've had the same issues when I've forgotten I have another computer downloading stuff.

WolvenOne

Speed matters less than latency for an MMO. So I might suggest pinging various servers and seeing what your ping is. Anything below 100ms is acceptable, go much higher then that, and you'll start noticing problems.

Speed matters less than latency for an MMO. So I might suggest pinging various servers and seeing what your ping is. Anything below 100ms is acceptable, go much higher then that, and you'll start noticing problems.

Is there a way to do that if you only have the PS4 version? Maybe using a PC?

I feel I'm definitely lagged, but I'd like to see how much, to see if Titan EX is even worth attempting.

Ugh the Rubber Banding in Final Fantasy XIV is so bad for me, and I have no idea how to get rid of it and enjoy the game normally. Right now it's unplayable for me as it was yesterday since I'm attacking an enemy, then everything just stops except my movement and 5-10 seconds later everything gets caught up and goes wild, usually ending with my death since I had alot of time where I couldn't do anything at all. Is there any fix to this or has anyone else had this problem? I'm really afraid that I just bought this game on Steam for 25$ and it's gonna be a waste as the game doesn't work for me :(

Congrats, your ISP is throttling your connection!, they probably treat XIV as a some sort of P2P program.

Maybe you can try open the ports FF XIV uses in your router or contact your ISP. Try to do a tracert to one of the FF XIV servers and see where the problem is (missed packets).

Isaccard

Hang in there. This game is worth it

Since it's comcast you might be getting throttled though

Eldren

I haven't even got my first atma yet and I'm already finding myself bored with FATE grinding. This is going to be a struggle. Admittedly though I think I'm pretty over-geared for where I am in the story; thanks to the hunts I have all my ilvl90 myth gear (except for one ring) and my zenith weapon, and I haven't even done Moggle Mog story mode yet. I should probably focus on that first as well as unlock Crystal Tower and stuff, and just do FATEs sporadically so I don't burn myself out on them.

orion434

Just need 9 MOAR Fieldcraft III Demimateria to be Master Supra!!! Well minus the Fishing Rod, I'll get that later... hate fishing

they should just weaken all hunts (hp) next big patch. re-evaluate all rewards. make mobs despawn after 5 min if no considerable damage has been done. people will move in groups and engage right away. random spawns. no timer crap.

Prototype

Hit greed on the first drop in ST without even thinking about 1 drop per week. So now I get to stare at some bard boots all week while I play my paladin....

After the twins are born, I'll bring them over so you can babysit while I body the locals with my sick Jill/Frank shell

..but that's for another thread

loool.

Well on topic of ffxiv, for the patch on frontlines like I told other people, I expect nothing but will still probably get disappointed. The best thing I would like is keep pvp rank/add in another bonus when switching to lower populated gc's but nerf the switch time again to balance that out

they should just weaken all hunts (hp) next big patch. re-evaluate all rewards. make mobs despawn after 5 min if no considerable damage has been done. people will move in groups and engage right away. random spawns. no timer crap.

So basically make Hunts even shittier than it is now. Great.

WolvenOne

I haven't even got my first atma yet and I'm already finding myself bored with FATE grinding. This is going to be a struggle. Admittedly though I think I'm pretty over-geared for where I am in the story; thanks to the hunts I have all my ilvl90 myth gear (except for one ring) and my zenith weapon, and I haven't even done Moggle Mog story mode yet. I should probably focus on that first as well as unlock Crystal Tower and stuff, and just do FATEs sporadically so I don't burn myself out on them.

There's no rush, just do the Fates when you need GC Seals for whatever reason, and you should get Atma naturally.

Also, be certain to have your Zenith equipped.

Isaccard

loool.

Well on topic of ffxiv, for the patch on frontlines like I told other people, I expect nothing but will still probably get disappointed. The best thing I would like is keep pvp rank/add in another bonus when switching to lower populated gc's but nerf the switch time again to balance that out

I think healers are gonna get hit pretty hard

I wouldn't mind seeing job lock so no more OP burst marauders (sorry mu pod)

Edit: also curious to see what they do with morale in frontlines... I'm half way through my 2nd i100 set

Also want to see smaller maps. Cartenau is too big, takes like 3 mins to get anywhere on the map

I think healers are gonna get hit pretty hard

I wouldn't mind seeing job lock so no more OP burst marauders (sorry mu pod)

Edit: also curious to see what they do with morale in frontlines... I'm half way through my 2nd i100 set

Also want to see smaller maps. Cartenau is too big, takes like 3 mins to get anywhere on the map

in terms of morale I believe somebody already asked them and yoshi said they may alter the morale stat to be like crit/ss. I don't remember where he said that but I think it was in one of those q&a sessions right after 2.3 hit

WolvenOne

So, I just heard of something that should at least partially cancel out the worst RNG aspect of the Ramuh EM fight.

Basically, to prevent both Healers from getting Rolling Thunder, one of the Healers should be picking up three orbs whenever possible. They can still get targeted even with that status effect in place, but apparently Rolling Thunder will just fall off immediately.

LProtag

Thanks for all the tips with macros last night everyone!

Mouse over healing is pretty great, as I was able to split my heals with my fairy much more easily. I also put a <tt> contingency on all my DPS stuff, so I can focus on my tank and just attack what he's attacking, though sometimes that can get wonky while fighting trash, but it's useful for bosses. Also great for if I run low on MP and need to energy drain. I can just hit the button without worrying about finding a target.

Any other suggestions of what I should do? Once I get swiftcast I'll probably tie that to resurrection. I was almost considering a macro that puts me into cleric stance, does all my DoTs, and then takes me out of it, but I feel like that might be overkill...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom