• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
so guys, trying to get some GC through the supply quests.

anyone mind crafting HQ items for me to turn in? i can send you money for the matts, or just send matts.

WolvenOne

Who are you to decide what a "suitable number of players" is?

Three people for a B, for example, or barely even a single party for an A. More often though, it's when I know that a mark has only been barely announced, and only a very small fraction of the total hunting parties have arrived.

Basically, I'm making a subjective judgement call, but it's a judgement call I'm comfortable with. If somebody accidentally pulled it, then nobody should be upset if I pull it off early in the fight so it can be pulled closer to an earlier announced time. If somebody deliberately pulled it early, and especially if they weren't the one to find it and announce it, then I have no sympathy if they wasted a cool-down.

In either case, I'm trying to make things as good and as enjoyable as I can for the largest number of people, I doubt any GM is going to punish me for that.

WolvenOne

once your whole party is there, it's a suitable # of ppl

While it's indeed true that you have a responsibility to look out for your own interests, there's no reason you can't extend some degree of courtesy to other players during hunts. It's also true that you cannot possibly make everyone happy all the time, but this doesn't mean you can't try to do right towards others.

Basically, you just do the best you can, and hope that it works out.

We'll I got to lvl 15. Killing the 4 guys with the help of a moogle has been the best bit yet. What level should I try out partying as a group and just chain pulling to lvl? Or is this game just follow the quests til 50?

We'll I got to lvl 15. Killing the 4 guys with the help of a moogle has been the best bit yet. What level should I try out partying as a group and just chain pulling to lvl? Or is this game just follow the quests til 50?

At level 15, you can do dungeons, they are the best option for leveling.

aceface

Remember Ex primal night on Ultros tomorrow! Come starting at Friday 9pm eastern for ex primal fights, new players who want to learn and old players who want to help are all welcome.

Ken

jqYybOxZ4U8lp.png

If you don't really see the issues about the Hunts now then it worth no further discussion. It's been discussed to death. It's even on the thread title.

you called my suggestion "shittier". i want to know what is shittier than the current situation.

do you read this thread? i'm pretty vocal against hunts.

ReaperXL7

Ok so I have a macro question if anyone can guide me alittle bit. I now have my SMN to i90, and I'm finding I have a lot of potential utility I can bring to the table.

One issue I am having though is using an ability only to have it wasted because another person doesn't see that I am already handling it. An example would be wasting swift cast while trying to rez a downed team member but the healer then also uses theirs.

I know that there is a way to announce to the party that I am using an ability, and include my targets name when using it but I'm not sure how to do this. I often feel like the Healer shouldn't have to waste time rezzing if I have swiftcast up so I want to make it more noticeable when I'm using some of my skills.

Ok so I have a macro question if anyone can guide me alittle bit. I now have my SMN to i90, and I'm finding I have a lot of potential utility I can bring to the table.

One issue I am having though is using an ability only to have it wasted because another person doesn't see that I am already handling it. An example would be wasting swift cast while trying to rez a downed team member but the healer then also uses theirs.

I know that there is a way to announce to the party that I am using an ability, and include my targets name when using it but I'm not sure how to do this. I often feel like the Healer shouldn't have to waste time rezzing if I have swiftcast up so I want to make it more noticeable when I'm using some of my skills.

/p Using (ability) on <t> <se.whatever>
/ac swiftcast
/ac rez <t>

However, I rarely have this problem since i'm usually able to react to a dead pt member faster than the healers. If you're often with observant healers though, it may be a good ideat to also have a separate announcement macro that doesn't actually activate the ability. It's good to have for Bio and Eye for Eye too

Anything that says Convertible: Yes, as long as you are fighting enemies of a high enough level

Well I know the Convertible part, but to be more specific, if I were to waltz into Urth's Gift wearing one piece of gear that had an ilvl of 30-40, will the spiritbonding be faster for that item if I were kill multiple lvl 50 enemies?

WolvenOne

I think I may very well be, the only one in the FC to own both a Bravura Novus and a Bravura Zenith at the same time.

....I wonder if I should get it Animus'd.

Well I know the Convertible part, but to be more specific, if I were to waltz into Urth's Gift wearing one piece of gear that had an ilvl of 30-40, will the spiritbonding be faster for that item if I were kill multiple lvl 50 enemies?

generally, the greater the difference between the ilevel and the enemy level, the faster it goes.

IMBored

I think that's the case, at least I know killing lower level enemies gives you less SB for gear. Be reminded however that the materia that you can get from 30-45 gear is mostly II.
Also, if you want to go fast, meld some useless materia on your gear, or drink a sb potion.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
anyone got a link where i can know how to use my levequest to level up either my crafting or gathering?
For crafting leves use CraftingAsAService.com (aka http://ffxivcrafting.com/). Go to the Leves page, filter out all leves except Courier, look for the highest lv leve you can do, and then click the XP link. It'll show you a table of how many turns in you'll need to lv up.

You can also use the shopping cart button to get a list of items and shards you'll need to craft the item and the vendors/zone you can get them from.

For gathering leves, I just stocked up on Cordials and tried to do the evaluation leves. It went by pretty quickly, but it did slow down a bit once I reached Coerthas cause there weren't any regular nodes close by for me to recover some GP when the cordial was on cooldown.

I think the lower lv gear will spiritbond faster. Just be aware that if you're going after IV's that your gear has to meet a minimum lv (45?) for the chance to get a IV. Also be aware that melding any materia to the item will increase the rate at which it spiritbonds.

Blizzje

I'm getting ready to make my Gaey Bulge Atma an Animus.
I've yet to dive into the specifics on forging a Novus though. Can anyone give me some advice on what I can expect and what type of materia I need?

I have a large selection of materia but don't really know which ones I can use for my Novus.

you called my suggestion "shittier". i want to know what is shittier than the current situation.

do you read this thread? i'm pretty vocal against hunts.

You remove the long term effect of having unique mobs that can just exist in the world by putting a life timer on them for one. Not to mention kill off any of the current server cooperation when dealing with them. I'm really not sure what that change would be "fixing" as well. Seems like you are trying to turn them into a completely different kind of content instead of letting something that works well continue to work the way it does.

elyetis

Increase the MP requirements for heal spells in Frontline.
You've now kicked healers in the dick while still making them helpful depending on how much you increase it. The point is they can't sit and live forever anymore.
Except if the mp cost is highly increased, I doubt it would make "op" group of more than 2 healer, really that much different, since the mp cost is more divided. On the bright side it might make mp bard song more interesting I guess.

And if the increase is huge you are still pretty much making 2 healer group useless. ( won't even speak about party with a single healer, since that healer will pretty much be usefull only for 15 seconds when his pvp skill to stop being interupted is active )

sure you can do that. but if u just try to do dungeon and nothing else, not much productiveo f your time unless you're tank or healer
I guess it depend of the server and hour, but I'm currently leveling monk ( lvl 34 atm ), and from lvl 15 to now I never had more than 10 min queue time, usualy closer to 5 min.

Prototype

I've yet to dive into the specifics on forging a Novus though. Can anyone give me some advice on what I can expect and what type of materia I need?

I have a large selection of materia but don't really know which ones I can use for my Novus.
I'm interested to hear a reply to this as well, I'll be on my Novus by weeks end

You remove the long term effect of having unique mobs that can just exist in the world by putting a life timer on them for one. Not to mention kill off any of the current server cooperation when dealing with them. I'm really not sure what that change would be "fixing" as well. Seems like you are trying to turn them into a completely different kind of content instead of letting something that works well continue to work the way it does.

yes, it will be different content. you will roam the world with your group close by, hunting rare mobs. the timer will ensure that nobody will be unhappy if they miss spawns due to "early" pulls. nobody will expect your group to wait when these things are so elusive. you still need a group to hunt them down and work together to down them.

yes, it will be different content. you will roam the world with your group close by, hunting rare mobs. the timer will ensure that nobody will be unhappy if they miss spawns due to "early" pulls. nobody will expect your group to wait when these things are so elusive. you still need a group to hunt them down and work together to down them.

What about that makes it better then the current system? Looks like you are trying to change a ton just so that people "aren't unhappy about early pulls". Instead of forcing people to become more of a community and work with/against the server its just another thing that the only thing that maters is the people in your group.

What about that makes it better then the current system? Looks like you are trying to change a ton just so that people "aren't unhappy about early pulls". Instead of forcing people to become more of a community and work with/against the server its just another thing that the only thing that maters is the people in your group.

the current system is predictable, with many other flaws. it's not a real hunt. i don't get the feeling community hunts work. just look at general feedback about hunts. you can't cram a server community into a LS and pretent everyone will play fair.

my suggestion was to make it a real hunt, with elusive mobs. they could even make the fights more interesting. better mechanics for less people.

IMBored

T5 down. :D

Second coil entry seems complicated, 1 entry per week or something? :/

Second coil lock where difficult for me to understand until the FC explained it clearly.
The leader of the party determines what turn can be entered, for example if he cleared T6 already he will enter T7, if you are on the party you will also go to T7 even if you haven't cleared T6 , but you be locked in T7, meaning you won't be able to do T6 that week.

I've only just started collecting alexandrite but from what I read, unless you need accuracy, you'll probably want det/crit on the novus. Max is 44 Crit and 31 Det, so you need 11 of each savage aim, 7 savage might I, and 8 of the rest savage mights. That's in the idyllic scenario where you don't fail a meld.

the current system is predictable, with many other flaws. it's not a real hunt. i don't get the feeling community hunts work. just look at general feedback about hunts. you can't cram a server community into a LS and pretent everyone will play fair.

my suggestion was to make it a real hunt, with elusive mobs. they could even make the fights more interesting. better mechanics for less people.

I don't pretend or care if people play fair, that is up to each individual person. I like that there is content now that has that choice, that everything isn't so sheltered that you never have to deal with hurt feelings or other people at all that you didn't decide to party with. Having a sense of server community doesn't mean that everyone gets along. It means you know and do things with the server at large instead of just whatever group you have formed.

How do you guys handle need and greed in dungeons? Had a little discussion about that in the gaf fc chat yesterday...usually in low level dungeons, I pass on everything but when it comes to endgame dungeons, I will need /greed on everything for the seals or glamour. I have never had anyone complain about this and if someone asked if they could have it, I would let them have it.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
How do you guys handle need and greed in dungeons? Had a little discussion about that in the gaf fc chat yesterday...usually in low level dungeons, I pass on everything but when it comes to endgame dungeons, I will need /greed on everything for the seals or glamour. I have never had anyone complain about this and if someone asked if they could have it, I would let them have it.

I will need and greed on what I can unless I really don't need it.
Seals are always handy.
The only exception is if someone's actually asking for something in advance, which they rarely do.

Blizzje

I've only just started collecting alexandrite but from what I read, unless you need accuracy, you'll probably want det/crit on the novus. Max is 44 Crit and 31 Det, so you need 11 of each savage aim, 7 savage might I, and 8 of the rest savage mights. That's in the idyllic scenario where you don't fail a meld.

What are the options? Can you choose for str/vit or is it just a choice between acc/vit/det?

Also, what kind of items convert to savage aim and savage mights?

IMBored

I do the same. In low level I don't bother with drops, at high level I need/greed everything. I need that filtered water, I don't want to drink none of the filthy Eorzea water.

Ken

Anniversary event website is up. This is going to be huge. Several new world events as well as returning events. And tons of other stuff.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/f46a7d9ae07a0c6e285ac30b88ff92ec858494b0

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/anniversary/na/index.html

oh my

Ah, my friend will be happy at the second chance for a Shantotto minion. Hopefully I'll be done with Frontlines by the time the first event rolls around so I have time to do it lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom