• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

Do people really get so wound up over Frontlines W/L ratios or something?
Like half the time I just join in progress, get into a game that's half done, get my seals, get out, rinse repeat. It's like the least stressful way to earn pvp xp ever.

Do people really get so wound up over Frontlines W/L ratios or something?
Like half the time I just join in progress, get into a game that's half done, get my seals, get out, rinse repeat. It's like the least stressful way to earn pvp xp ever.

if you're into gc pride. merlwyb da bess

Hamlets in XIV ARR:

- Small scale battles pop up one in every zone of the world on a timer set, place is random.

- Only a handful of people can participate on each one, after the limited has reached other people can't attack the enemies.

- DoL and DoH can participate, only a handful of them too.

- 50 Allied Seal, new items added (High Allagan gear)

- 100 Myth tomes, 40 Soldiery tomes

Please do it, YoshiP.

studyguy

Better than the horned loli and the cry baby.

giphy.gif

I didn't know I was associating with people that held so many wrong opinions.

I'd question how FATE style Hamlet Defense would work. Feel like it'd be a mad rush that would throw out the strategy of the original Hamlet Defense if enough people get to flood it. Then again the original instanced Hamlets were mad boring after a while.

giphy.gif

I didn't know I was associating with people that held so many wrong opinions.

I'd question how FATE style Hamlet Defense would work. Feel like it'd be a mad rush that would throw out the strategy of the original Hamlet Defense if enough people get to flood it. Then again the original instanced Hamlets were mad boring after a while.

uy534yaz.gif

#truegoddess

MechaX

stay free everybody. I'm too good

edit: realized I haven't gotten to 50 matches yet. I will be soon and then I'll be among gods

All this time playing Frontlines, you could have been spending that time getting good in Ultra.

Or GG.

Or UNiEL.

Or even Gundam.

Zalasta

Hamlets in XIV ARR:

- Only a handful of people can participate on each one, after the limited has reached other people can't attack the enemies.

That's how I feel hunt targets should work as well. Takes away the problem with zerging, the ridiculousness of having to wait for as many people as possible, and mob not rendering.

Raubahn is leader of the Flames.

Sometimes I forgot, since he looks more of a babysitter than a leader. ^^

Where does this scene happen?

The game is sorely missing out on scenes like this. Get Monty Oum up in this.

Is from 1.0.

That's how I feel hunt targets should work as well. Takes away the problem with zerging, the ridiculousness of having to wait for as many people as possible, and mob not rendering.

And will add 1000% more douchiness in the community, which exactly YoshiP should evade and not favour.

Wilsongt

All the lalas will be in yukatas, and all the cats in the striped summer halters. Truly something for everyone.

Nobody cares what Roe, Hyur, and Elezen wear.

According to some in this thread, Elezen needs neckwear that look like those tribes who wear all the necklaces around their neck to make their neck longer.

I am not a giraffe, goddamnit. That's only the women.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Hey guys. So I haven't played since just before GAF got it's housing (yeah, it's been a while). Could someone maybe sum up in a few sentences what's changed since I left that might get me to come back? Kinda getting the itch to play but not completely sure if I want to or not.

EDIT: Here's my character, by the way.

studyguy

Holy shit, this is amazingly helpful! Thanks!

And another question: Can someone expand a bit on what "Gathering Points (GP) is accumulated, even when not on a gathering class." means?

GP is like TP but for Miners, Botanists, Fishers.
Before you used to start at like 0 GP after switching out classes. Problem is 0 GP takes FOREVER to regen to max GP. So they made it so that you don't start at 0 after switching into one of those classes.

And another question: Can someone expand a bit on what "Gathering Points (GP) is accumulated, even when not on a gathering class." means?

before, whenever you would switch out of a gatherer class and then switched back later, it would stay at what it was before (e.g. if you had 0 gp when you switched to another class and then switched back it would still be 0). The change allows gp to regenerate even when outside of a gatherer class so you don't have to stay in one and wait till you regenerate all your gp

Wilsongt

Standing still regenerates GP, just like HP and MP.

Edit: OR what they said ^

The change from resetting GP to 0 after each class change to changing to where GP DOESN'T reset was a godsend QoL change for DoL classes.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Awesome, thanks guys!

Is it bad that Glamours finally being implemented is what's pushing me the hardest to come back? :lol

Though...reading how it works, it sounds a bit complicated. Is it much of a pain/grind to glamour up a set?

WolvenOne

Hey guys. So I haven't played since just before GAF got it's housing (yeah, it's been a while). Could someone maybe sum up in a few sentences what's changed since I left that might get me to come back? Kinda getting the itch to play but not completely sure if I want to or not.

EDIT: Here's my character, by the way.

New dungeons, new raids, new PVP that's actually decent, they put in a hunt system that's similar to the NM's from FFXIV, BLM got a slight buff, story content has been further extended, new primals, and of course the most important of all, more Hildibrand!

WolvenOne

Awesome, thanks guys!

Is it bad that Glamours finally being implemented is what's pushing me the hardest to come back? :lol

Though...reading how it works, it sounds a bit complicated. Is it much of a pain/grind to glamour up a set?

It's not hard to glamour things, "getting," the armor to glamour can be a grind, depending on how rare the set is, but once you have it it's really just a matter of paying a bit of Gil for a glamour prism.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It's not hard to glamour things, "getting," the armor to glamour can be a grind, depending on how rare the set is, but once you have it it's really just a matter of paying a bit of Gil for a glamour prism.

Well I mean, I already have the armor. How much Gil are we talking for, say, a Grade 3 prism?

Jomjom

Banned
Just logged into the game again last night after a long hiatus due to work. Last thing I did was finish off one of my books for my shield. With all the new stuff added in, can anyone please offer a short list of stuff I should aim to do for end game right now?

My first order of business is to get loads of Myth and finish off all the books for my weapon and shield.

Thanks in advance!

Alright, cool. I seem to remember having a pretty good amount of Gil, so that doesn't sound like a problem. One last small question: Can you glamour anything, or are there limitations? Like could I glamour my BRD's Choral set?

everything except you can't glamour things that take up 2 or more slots with two seperate pieces. Like the odin body suit can't be glamoured and cowls/darklight legs can only be glamoured with the same stuff

Jayhawk

Just logged into the game again last night after a long hiatus due to work. Last thing I did was finish off one of my books for my shield. With all the new stuff added in, can anyone please offer a short list of stuff I should aim to do for end game right now?

My first order of business is to get loads of Myth and finish off all the books for my weapon and shield.

Thanks in advance!

Hunts, hunts, and more hunts!

Eldren

Alright, cool. I seem to remember having a pretty good amount of Gil, so that doesn't sound like a problem. One last small question: Can you glamour anything, or are there limitations? Like could I glamour my BRD's Choral set?

As long as the item you want it to look like is an item you can equip (so for Choral gear, anything an ARC/BRD or Disciple Of War can wear, or generic low level crafting/gathering gear, I think) and it's a lower level than the Choral gear, yeah.

WolvenOne

Ooh there's nothing between books and hunts? That's cool then at least not a bunch of different things and steps to do.

If you're going for your Novus, start saving up Materia and Gil now. You'll need Alexandrite, and you can get that via Myth, Expert Roulettes, or yes, Hunts. However even after getting all the Alexandrite you'll need, you'll need a ton of Materia as well.

Thankfully, Myth flows like rain right now.

Frontlines is gonna give a rage attack.

Maelstrom Sarg is composed by a bunch of retards....

All those assholes with their high allagan weapons and they can't even have a minimum of team play

.....I can't....

WolvenOne

Frontlines is gonna give a rage attack.

Maelstrom Sarg is composed by a bunch of retards....

All those assholes with their high allagan weapons and they can't even have a minimum of team play

.....I can't....

Ah, is it your Server's Maelstrom that keeps getting steamrolled? Always seems like that GC is either very good, or very :B

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom