• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT5| All You Need is Gil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, unlike ARR, 1.0 had some actual cutscenes that used motion capture. But don't let it fool you, after the initial ones there are very few CS with that quality, well basically mostly the last one of the main plot. ARR has way more cutscenes but not as high quality, but I actually like it like that, rather than teasing you will very well produced CS and leaving you in the dust for most of the game.

Yoshida explained that they had to find a compromise between well produced CS and time avaliable for new updates, basically they choose a quality they could keep in subsquent patches.

Don't believe the hype.
We had like 3 nice looking cutscenes between hours and hours of ones way worse than ARR ones.

I'll take your word(s) for it. It kind of makes sense that they would scale back on the cutscenes after the initial/end stuff. Despite what I said earlier I don't think ARR's scenes are terrible.

I just really like seeing well choreographed fight scenes. So seeing Merl(whatever the rest of her name is) and Raubahn fight like that lets me appreciate them in another way besides just seeing them talk.

Are there any other scenes with choreographed fighting like that?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
VwxlQd6.png

Boobfillia indeed.

What did they do to Y'shtolla?

Taruranto

The issue with Myth is that you need 1,500 Myth per book and you need 9 books to upgrade Atma to Animus. That's 13,500 Myth total for one weapon upgrade. No sane person wants to run dungeons for 13,500 Myth, that's 270 Brayflox HM speedruns if you care to do the math.

Hence why Hunts are amazing for people like me who are still bothering with the Atma to Animus upgrade.

But OF told me hunts are evil and they should remove myth for it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
SCH just reached 50, and I don't feel like doing Relic again. Any suggestions for which books to aim for? I heard Diamond is shit, shiiiiiiiiit.

Prototype

I wonder if Ninja's faster movement speed will translate to faster movements on mounts as well? If so, they may be invaluable as scouts.
When I heard about faster move speed it was all I needed to know that I'll be leveling the class, being able to travel around maps/zones faster is a huge + in my book. Will be leveling the job just for that.

Taruranto

SCH just reached 50, and I don't feel like doing Relic again. Any suggestions for which books to aim for? I heard Diamond is shit, shiiiiiiiiit.

Ramuh book is great and I'd say easier to obtain. Level 100, Crit and from a new fight people still do. I used it until I got my Novus.

http://xivdb.com/?item/8348/The-Law-of-Levin

Levi and of course T5 are good too, but may as well go for Ramuh. Faster and the ring he drops is pretty dope.

If you still have Rowena's tokens buy yourself a Cognitome, iLevel 90 and spell speed is garbage, but at least you'll have something to start with.

Overall keep in mind that healers can get away with a lot of things gear-wise as long you are not wearing complete garbage. So yeah, Book for Diamond is shit (lol speel-speed), but if don't main SCH anything decent will do.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Ramuh book is great and I'd say easier to obtain. Level 100, Crit and from a new fight people still do.

Levi and of course T5 are good too, but may as well go for Ramuh.

Levi's not that good. If you're out of options might as well go for Diamonds.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The best SCH books are Relic all the way through Novus.
Yeah... no.
Ramuh book is great and I'd say easier to obtain. Level 100, Crit and from a new fight people still do. I used it until I got my Novus.

Allagan book is pretty legit.

Allagan book and then after than the Ramuh book or the High Allagan book.
Alright, I've never done CT before so this is a good as time as any to start.

And do Ramoo on the side.

Thanks.

ReaperXL7

I just want to say that I hate you crafters for making the Carbuncle furniture so God damn expensive.

I want all of it for my personal chambers :(

Ken

immortal flames on primal need to stop thinking the neutrals at mid are worthless

so many times i see that we have like 3-4 flags but alliance B is zerging some random ops while the node wave is up

Isaccard

immortal flames on primal need to stop thinking the neutrals at mid are worthless

so many times i see that we have like 3-4 flags but alliance B is zerging some random ops while the node wave is up

I try to tell em but nope

flames give up on mid spawns way too easy

BadRNG

All that harassment for nothing lol
Is that not the hunt way.

Even if collecting and not turning in isn't the actual trigger, it's worked so many times now that people will still do it. I'm guessing the real condition is something more generic like killing large amount of enemies, or some other condition that is effectively filled by doing the core method. This won't stop anything. I mean there are still people who shoot flaming arrows in Garlok's cave.

Ketsen

I'm agreeing with just turning-in for the FATE. The faster people realize it has nothing to do with it directly, the faster hateful shouts at people actually trying to complete it for leveling or whatever else can stop. I mean, if you would rather that continue instead then feel free to try, but it won't stop others from turning in nor should they be scolded for doing so because of a silly misconception of spawn conditions.

BadRNG

But it's not the condition for spawning it. By completing the FATE I'll only be helping to uncover the real spawn condition.
The real spawn condition is pretty irrelevant at this point, the method seems to work often enough, so even if it's not the exact way - something being done during the rain dance is still triggering it and if it ain't broke don't fix it. Unless the developers come out and state it, the exact mechanisms will likely never be known.

But when you say you want to afk at the point so you can turn in cores on people doing said dance, you just come off spiteful and petty trying to troll (regardless of whatever your intentions really are.)

I'm agreeing with just turning-in for the FATE. The faster people realize it has nothing to do with it directly, the faster hateful shouts at people actually trying to complete it for leveling or whatever else can stop. I mean, if you would rather that continue instead then feel free to try, but it won't stop others from turning in nor should they be scolded for doing so because of a silly misconception of spawn conditions.
I've never actually seen the fate fail, either the worm spawns and everyone leaves or it doesn't and people complete it anyway. At absolute worst someone leveling has to wait 5-10 minutes, and they could of already turned their cores in for full credit and gone to the next fate. I'm not condoning harrassing them, that was never ok, and it's not like we could ever physically stop them from turning in if they really wanted to.

But let's not kid ourselves and equate someone leveling wanting to complete the fate with Haman's remark about afking at the spot just to turn it in.

studyguy

I'm all in for the bulk of the spawn conditions we have on Excal. If some are proven wrong then sure but till I get a dev post that states otherwise for a condition... I'm going to keep at the things that have led us to pop S ranks regularly.

Seriously guys, even though the FATE isn't the trigger, people are still gonna do it until we know the official method is known so any methods of trolling aren't helping matters.

And I'm sorry I read most of those comments on that reddit post.

Ketsen

Turning in items for a FATE no matter the reasons wouldn't be considered trolling, as that's what it intends for you to do in the first place. The only ones that are trolling in this instance would be those yelling and berating others that're actually doing what they're supposed to, which is just...well it's pretty much mean-spirited and rude, really. Why let it continue rather than pinpoint the actual spawn conditions and cause less grief to others in the long run?

Turning in items for a FATE no matter the reasons wouldn't be considered trolling, as that's what it intends for you to do in the first place. The only ones that are trolling in this instance would be those yelling and berating others that're actually doing what they're supposed to, which is just...well it's pretty much mean-spirited and rude, really. Why let it continue rather than pinpoint the actual spawn conditions and cause less grief to others in the long run?

Your perceived methods may sound nice but why not leave the FATE alone and investigate other methods? Yet you and Haman seem insistent on doing the one method that would come off as troll worthy. Again, why?

Pixels

Just got this for PS4 and started playing tonight. It feels... strange. There are so many reused monster models from FFXI and all the races are the same as FFXI just renamed. Wat. The art style is also kind of odd. It feels like this but with more shaders:
CkRG4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom